• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Herrrooooo everrynyan~
lazyfather.gif

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023

You're thinking of hentai.
*blinks*
Hey, I have an anime obesessed sister, don't blame me. xD
Ever seen Axis Powers Hetalia? That's a yaoi, just not yaoi-hentai.

The guy in that link . . . I'm sorry, just . . . just no. xD

@Razor Leaf's video - That . . . was amazing. :3

No, Yaoi and Yuri are the extremes, the fluff and stuff is Shonen Ai for boys and Shoujo Ai for girls I believe.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
No, Yaoi and Yuri are the extremes, the fluff and stuff is Shonen Ai for boys and Shoujo Ai for girls I believe.
Yeah, that's correct. I think more people know what Yuri and Yaoi mean though, so they end up using it to describe shounen and shoujo ai as well.

Last edited:

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years

You're thinking of hentai.
*blinks*
Hey, I have an anime obesessed sister, don't blame me. xD
Ever seen Axis Powers Hetalia? That's a yaoi, just not yaoi-hentai.
\

No, Yuri and Yaoi is associated with hentai, but it is the more common tag for PG stuff as well. Usagi already said the correct terms

Yeah, I've seen Hetalia. Sweden x Finland is one of the pairings I'm hoping to get added to the list. I support that pairing the most as I role played with that pairing before with one of my ex's.
Granted Sweden's facial features in the anime (especially the smaller eyes) is kind of a turn off, but I still like the pairing :3

Years
I really do dislike that term (trap). Though, to be technical, a reverse-trap would be a part~
I laughed. I hope someone else did, too.

On the issue of homosexual media from Japan, I always preferred the terms Boys Love (BL) and Girls Love (GL). They're nice and simple and cover everything, but I prefer umbrella terms most of the time anyway.

Regarding that politician from Tennessee, I think it's dangerous what he's saying. He's equating LGBT people with AIDS and basically slandering both queer people and people with AIDS. Maybe I'm just used to ant-gay talk and it doesn't rile me as much, but the way he's not-so-subtly talking about AIDS as "the gay disease" with the implication that gay=bad so AIDS=gaybad makes me really angry.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Yeah, that's correct. I think more people know what Yuri and Yaoi mean though, so they end up using it to describe shounen and shoujo ai as well.

the weirdest thing about the term Yuri is that it's also a name. in Tales of Vesperia for example, Yuri is a swordsman who is also good with his fists. I've seen so many dirty puns on that subject.

TwiDragon

Years
^I'm just taking a guess here, as I know nothing about the Japanese Language.

But it might just translate two things to 'Yuri', that or it has another meaning to the word.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Don't correct me when I'm trying to correct someone. There's just too much correction.
xD Well then, a lot of things seem to have been misusing these words, lol.
Yuri as a name doesn't really make me think of that, because . . . well, If anything I'ma be reading yaoi, not yuri. lol

@Scarf - Nope, I didn't laugh. I think the . . . joke flew right over my head. I'm actually not completely sure I'm grasping it one hundred percent. I'm grasping it, just not enough to make me laugh. That's sad, I like laughing ;~;

@TwiDragon - Russia for the win, no? (Say no and I shall sick Russia AND Belarus on you. >:C)

/can't think of anything more productive to say.

Years
Yuri is the same world for the flower (and is written the same way). The association with lesbianism is an additional meaning. It's somewhat analogous to the word "gay" in that it was already a word (meaning "happy") and just took off in another direction of meaning.

Yaoi, supposedly, comes from the phrase "yama ga nashi, ochi ga nashi, imi ga nashi" - "no climax, no outcome, no meaning".

Nakuzami

Years
@TwiDragon - Of course! Anything involving Russia is automatically epic. I went as him for Halloween last year. :3
THOUGH, I dunno about Russia x Belarus. 1) Of course I prefer the yaoi (YES, I'ma keep using it like that :P) couples, and 2) Belarus scares the crap out of me. If it can make even Russia cower and cry in a corner, you know there's something wrong there.

/just turned this into a Hetalia fanclub. You can all either join or get out~ xD

TwiDragon

Years
^Outside of Sweden, Belarus has a really nice outfit. It reminds me of a lot of the outfits in Touhou.

I'm not surprised that this thread went in this direction. The masscots for my school's GSA is one of the Hetalia characters, and there is constant role play amongst all my friends. I took the role of Sweden :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I didn't know Hetalia was like that, lol. Or is it just all fan stuff, like Sailor Moon and all the lesbian fanfiction? xD

Also, kind of relevant.

IlSF3.jpg

Nakuzami

Years
And the Pope is Buddhist.

o rly? :O
Time to convert to buddhism~ :D
Wait a second, I just realized that I don't give a crap about the pope. NEVERMIND THEN.

Well hey, once the thread starts heading in the direction of yaoi/yuri, Hetalia is going to find a way to worm itself in. ;3
@Toujours - No, I believe it's officially like that, it's just a very "light" yaoi. :P
And that is an epic picture. I'MA EAT THOSE PEEP BUNNEH FIG HATERS >:U

TwiDragon

Years
Hetallia has a lot of openly straight and yaoi pairings in there. Its probley why it is a popular thing for Openly Gay Anime Fans.

It has cute, PG Yaoi in it, and people eat that up.

Back