The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
MrCrispyGames
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
When did you first start playing pokémon!

Hey Guys

I was just wondering what was your first ever pokémon game! Mine was pokémon yellow for the Gameboy!!

Also what is your favorite generation of games! mine has to be the second generation they were when I got old enough to actually have enough patience to complete a pokémon game!

Also guys could you please check my youtube channel out, I have just started doing a pokémon liquid crystal Lets Play and I need all the support i can get:D

Here's my channel link! youtube.com/user/MrCrispyGames
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Mechanic
Shin!~ hohohohoho!~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Mechanic
Well son... Many many years ago when the sun was red and it painted the city through the cloudless day... i saw my dad arrive with a green Game Boy Color, which made my childhood what it is today...

A couple of days later pokemon yellow came out, and whoopsie dee doo. I happened to have founded a used one in the game store near me, needless to say. Pokemon Yellow, my first Game Boy game and Pokemon game ever... So many memories attached to it such as me screaming "bro! how many times have i told you not to start a new game OH MY GOOOODDDD" at my elder brother (hence i omitted many parts on that statement for parental control sakes).

Good times indeed... That sadly for me are never going to come back :'( Even if i shed a tear...
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Vindictor
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
Well son... Many many years ago when the sun was red and it painted the city through the cloudless day... i saw my dad arrive with a green Game Boy Color, which made my childhood what it is today...

A couple of days later pokemon yellow came out, and whoopsie dee doo. I happened to have founded a used one in the game store near me, needless to say. Pokemon Yellow, my first Game Boy game and Pokemon game ever... So many memories attached to it such as me screaming "bro! how many times have i told you not to start a new game OH MY GOOOODDDD" at my elder brother (hence i omitted many parts on that statement for parental control sakes).

Good times indeed... That sadly for me are never going to come back :'( Even if i shed a tear...
That's really sweet and touching. You are not alone, we are on the same boat too.
Lets cut the story short, I'm not too good at giving fantasy prologues
My first ever game I've played, like seriously! No Pacman, Mario, Tetris and any of those before! My first ever game I've ever played was Pokemon Blue! Ever since then, it has changed my life. Till now I play Pokemon, currently Black Version on an Emulator.
Old February 5th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

I've been playing since Ruby & Sapphire. Yes, I started like midway.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old February 5th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Rhapsody
The Champion that has Style

Nature: Naive
I started in 3rd grade with DPPt.
Old February 5th, 2012, 05:28 AM
MrCrispyGames
Beginning Trainer

Haha Guys thanks for the replies:D
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I started out with Blue when I was eight or nine years old. Got Red later for Christmas. :3 But like you, I didn't start having the patience to actually put more time into the games until G/S came out haha.

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old February 5th, 2012, 08:26 AM
JulPoke
Beginning Trainer

I started playing with crystal i was around 8-9 years old....And now im playing Soul Silver ahhh so meny momories.....happy memories.
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
I think it was Sapphire many many years ago. It was amazing to play Pokémon at first time.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Yellow in 1999! Though I didn't become too hardcore into Pokemon gaming till Sapphire in 2003. :)
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Oh my lord. Uhm, I JUST turned five, I was in Transitional first grade at school, and I had Gold. I'm 19 now. So I think it was the exact year Gold came out? I was little, and didn't even HEAR about Pokemon until that Christmas when I opened up the present and saw Ho-oh staring at me.
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
Started playing Yellow when I was about 6, so 1999, have played it on and off ever since hhaha.
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Draknir
The God of Fire

Nature: Quiet
I first started with Red back in I think '98. Don't hold me to that estimate, because I know its at least been 13 years since I first started playing Pokemon.
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM
aperso
left to www.thepkmnworld.com

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aperso
I started playing in early 2008. I played Pokémon Sapphire and almost finished it!

Old February 5th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

It was 1998 with Blue version. Or maybe early 1999. I do recall playing Blue not too long after the initial release of the games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Saltare.
Brain bangin'

Nature: Naive
Send a message via AIM to Saltare. Send a message via Yahoo to Saltare.
I started playing Red before everything else.

My brother got that and a Gameboy Color from the "tooth fairy" when we were younger and I took it from him the next week to play...

Old February 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
My very first Pokémon game was the yellow version, when I was only 5.
I couldn't even read correctly Needless to say that I didn't go very far.
But it's Pokémon Silver which really taught me how to play to Pokémon, 2 years later. And since this moment I'm a huge fan, and the second gen is and will ever be my favourite generation.

Old February 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
The Fourteenth Doctor
The little... Daleks

I started playing after Pokemon Red was released in the UK, I was about 9-10 years old at the time, I still remember catching my very first Pokemon (Kakuna)

John Hurt:What I did, I did without choice

11th Doctor: I know

John Hurt: in the name of peace and sanity

11th Doctor: But not in the name of the Doctor

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Jason_F
Green Avenger

Nature: Relaxed
I can't remember very well, but I believe it was when I was... 6? I'll just say that, the first Pokemon game I played was Gold Version. I had no idea what I was doing but I got the hang of it by age 9.

Old February 5th, 2012, 07:17 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

Well children, way back when before the gameboy color they had something called gameboy pocket and the game itself had no color on screen, all it had was a little wheel, that made the screen brighter or contrast. The games were called pokemon red and pokemon blue.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 5th, 2012, 07:44 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I started playing Pokemon at 4th grade. Ruby and Sapphire were my first games; I never got R/B/Y/G/S/C.

Old February 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Minishcap
Fecaloma

Nature: Relaxed
Once upon a time, when the world was young and humankind too, something called "Pokémon" was released in the country I resided in. I was but a mere lad, in pre-pubertal age, unmarried and hav'th not felt the fertile bosom of a young woman.

"Trade your Chansey for my Venosaur" quoth she, and whistles thrice.
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:43 AM
MrCrispyGames
Beginning Trainer

Whoever missed out on G/S/C I suggest you go play them now!
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Even though I watched the show since the beginning, and started collecting the cards when they first came out, I didn't get my Game Boy until the Summer of 2001, and I didn't have my own game (Gold) until my 10th birthday.

As for my favorite generation, it has to be a tie between the 2nd and the 3rd. I didn't mind R/S/E, but I thought that FR/LG was slightly better than the 2nd gen games.
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Bolanboy
ǝpısdn uʍop

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Bolanboy Send a message via Skype™ to Bolanboy
Christmas '98, a soon-to-be 8 year old got a purple GBC+Blue while my older brother got a green GBC+Red.

Best. Christmas. Evah.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here