The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miley810 View Post
I left a message saying I don't understand what they are talking about.Well when I left that I wanted someone to explane it to me.Should I have asked something like
"Can someone explane what this means?" Or something?
I reversed the warning. The reason it stated was for character bypass, which is inaccurate since you had 45 characters and 7 words.

So, regardless, the warning was invalid for what it was under. As far as spamming, I don't see how saying you don't understand what's being discussed is spamming. Otherwise they would be taking their job far too seriously imho. :/
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
SPPF_Max
Booted out - don't be like me!

I have a question or an argument to this post as to why I received an infraction. I wasn't really trying to harass anyone. I was being civil. I stopped posting about forums and I have vmed, emailed, and pmed a couple people about other people. I don't know what triggered my unfair infraction and I don't get it. The infraction pm told me to take my infraction to here. What should I do now?
Old June 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

the infraction pm didn't tell you to take the infraction here. it told you that if you have any questions about the infraction system (points, how many infractions one can get, what an infraction is, etc.) to come here. naturally when someone gets a pm of an infraction they don't agree with, they dispute it. common sense tells you to reply to the pm, because the person who sent the pm (automatically) was the person who infracted you. but clearly you don't care about it being public, so neither do i...

you were infracted for harassing members and staff members about something that happened on another forum.
a. we don't have anything to do with it.
b. i personally don't like the fact that all of your vms are in relation to what happened on another forum with all of them asking you to shut up about the matter and leave them alone.
c. we don't care about whatever happened with you and another forum.
d. you need to learn the definition of harass.

harass |həˈras; ˈharəs|
verb [ trans. ]
subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation : a warning to men harassing girls at work.
• make repeated small-scale attacks on (an enemy) : the squadron's task was to harass the retreating enemy forces.
• [as adj. ] ( harassed) feeling or looking strained by having too many demands made on one.

let's face the facts. the only reason you joined our forum is because you found one of the sppf staff through a google search or something, and wanted them to hear you out over something that they don't have any power over. every single thread you've been involved in, you've mentioned the matter. every single vm you have is related to the matter. you've been asked to stop talking about it by a lot of people, including staff members who told you to stop talking about it. in fact, i alone asked you to stop three times, and told you to stop twice.

you can harass someone while being civil. sure, you may not intended to do so, but you did, and that's all that matters. it's bothering the staff, and it's pissing the members you bother off. that being said, the infraction stands and it will not be removed or revoked just because you don't agree with it. most people who get infracted don't like the fact they got infracted, and feel the need to dispute it. hardly ever is it actually "unjust" and given the fact that there's so much proof that people asked you to stop bothering them on your profile and other threads, it isn't unjust.

as stated earlier, this thread isn't for that, so don't reply to this with an argument and "your side" like you do with everyone else. if you need to continue this, take it to a pm.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; June 1st, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:35 PM
kram65536

How does one self-inflict a warning or infraction?
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram65536 View Post
How does one self-inflict a warning or infraction?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you mean to earn an infraction or warning, break the rules listed on the first post that lead to those infractions (plz don't) and then someone will send you a PM informing you that you've been infracted, buuuttt if you don't mean that, mind explaining what you do mean?
Old June 16th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm pretty sure Nica that, if he didn't mean anything by what you just said, that person probably would wants to actually give themselves an infraction, if anything. Could be interpreted as that, also.
Old June 16th, 2011, 06:26 PM
kram65536

Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I'm pretty sure Nica that, if he didn't mean anything by what you just said, that person probably would wants to actually give themselves an infraction, if anything. Could be interpreted as that, also.
That is exactly what I meant, thanks for clearing that up for them.
Old June 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
(Un)fortunately however, members don't have that permissions. It's because giving yourself an infraction means you have the permissions to give others infractions. Members having that ability on PC would turn out to be quite chaotic, don't you think? :x Either way, I wouldn't shoot for getting infracted, dunno whats so special about it. D:

Last edited by Zorua; June 16th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Livewire
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:
Only Pokecommunity staff members have the authority to hand out infractions. Why you'd want to willingly infract yourself in the first place is beyond me, you don't want one. :x
ORAS Release Staff Collab 2014
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:09 PM
kram65536

Originally Posted by Live_Wire466 View Post

Only Pokecommunity staff members have the authority to hand out infractions. Why you'd want to willingly infract yourself in the first place is beyond me, you don't want one. :x
In order to hold myself accountable in all situations (I do not like others going easy on me because I never go easy on myself.) Besides let be give an example of what would make me want to do such a thing:

Lets say you make a post in a forum with an intent of constructive criticism, hoping for things to get better but you realize in the end that the same post could also unintentionally invite a flame way, so you decide to warn yourself in your own profile so that you can remember in the future to be more careful about it. Or in the case where the browser wants to send the same data twice, so you infract yourself for using a (I will not say this word because it would be worth an infraction itself, so it is censored) browser that in itself breaks the rules as self encouragement to use a better one.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
In order to hold myself accountable in all situations (I do not like others going easy on me because I never go easy on myself.) Besides let be give an example of what would make me want to do such a thing:

Lets say you make a post in a forum with an intent of constructive criticism, hoping for things to get better but you realize in the end that the same post could also unintentionally invite a flame way, so you decide to warn yourself in your own profile so that you can remember in the future to be more careful about it. Or in the case where the browser wants to send the same data twice, so you infract yourself for using a (I will not say this word because it would be worth an infraction itself, so it is censored) browser that in itself breaks the rules as self encouragement to use a better one.
Members aren't going to be given the ability to infract themselves (well, I highly doubt it at least, 'cause it seems to be very unlikely that it's needed), so the next best thing you can do in such a situation is go to your usercp and up the top you'll see "notepad". In there, you can write as many notes to yourself to warn yourself not to do something again. Besides, double posting as you mentioned, as long as it isn't intentional is fine and isn't usually infracted for (same for accidentally causing a flame war - as long as you don't reply and make it continue, then you won't really get in trouble for it). If you don't want to use your notepad, then just go to either the top right corner of your post, or the bottom left and click the button for "post comment", where you can write a comment about your own post, which can be found down the bottom of your usercp. Both these options would work fine for you, really.
Old June 16th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
To be honest, if someone NEEDS reminding for x, y, z reasons, then I doubt having something like this would do anything positive.
If you have done something that is deemed as breaking the rules, then a staff member will either speak to you, warn you or infract you.
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
To be honest, if someone NEEDS reminding for x, y, z reasons, then I doubt having something like this would do anything positive.
If you have done something that is deemed as breaking the rules, then a staff member will either speak to you, warn you or infract you.
Well, in my honest opinion, I don't think it's so much breaking the rules or something as much as it is just telling yourself not to do a specific action again utilizing specific form of reprimand(and that form of reprimand in PC just so happens to be infractions). I don't mean to go on a psychological rant, but it is self-conditioning and self-"disciplining", if you willl(and sometimes effective), and this person was just wondering if that kind of thing was available here on PC.

They mean no harm, nor do they seek about getting banned from the forums nor anything of the severe nature. More or less just looking for a method of reprimand(that would be available to users), that would tell the individual not to do something again.

I apologize if I'm not making much sense here, I'm pretty bad at wording this stuff, but I tried my best.
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Xero-chan
Raver

I'd like to oppose an infraction I was given for the Stepmania thread in the Video Gaming forum. I didn't know how else to go about this.

Though it was a dead thread it was dead for 3 years, and what I had posted was a HUGE update in the Stepmania community. The client we use now is very different than any older client, the songpacks people have created are in a bigger abundance. Even Stepmania Online had died and Stepmania Online.eu took over as the main site and server, with an upgrade to the server as well.

Stepmania isn't like Halo, for example. You can post Halo 2 as a thread, and when a new Halo comes out you're posting a Halo 3 thread. Rather than post Stepmania 5 or The New Stepmania Online I felt it was better to search for a thread if it existed. I found it and decided to bump that one with all the new significant changes in the Stepmania gameplay.

I avoided a duplicate thread, I posted information to a new client (AKA a new game) and I simply added a lot more info. I'm only trying to see if there are others who might play the same free rhythm game I enjoy, I doubt the userbase 3 years ago matches the one you have now.

Thanks, no offenses intended.

Edit: I looked over the rules and found this:

"A thread that has not been posted in for more than a month (generally around 30 days) is considered “old”. Please do not revive old threads. For restarting topics, create a new thread. Exceptions do apply in certain forums."

This was a mistake on my part. I'm used to searching the thread and making sure it doesn't exist to avoid duplicate threads. It's just a habit on my part for forum etiquette. I'll create a new thread for it then, but I'm hoping you can pardon the infraction, it wasn't intentional and out of respect for the duplicate thread system.

I'm still getting used to this forum's rules it seems.

Last edited by Xero-chan; January 20th, 2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

/facepalm

If a thread has been dead for a month+ and you want to discuss the topic, make a new thread, regardless of if it is the newest Halo game or if it is something as small and unknown as an indie game.

The rules of PC clearly state that you CAN NOT bump up a topic over a month old.

I stand by the infraction. If you would like to take it up with higher staff, I am more than happy to take it to them.

Next time, if you have a problem with a infraction, don't post it publicly.
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Xero-chan
Raver

I updated my post, I didn't see yours until I refreshed just now.

Thanks for the clarification, I apologized as well. It was out of avoiding the duplicate thread idea, but I guess that isn't an issue on this forum.

Edit: I also didn't realize posting in this thread about it publicly was an issue too *facepalm*

I hope you can cut me some slack, this forum's rules are definitely different. OTL
Old January 20th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Just think that if a thread is over a month old, it doesn't exist so you can make another one.

Glad this has been cleared in your eyes.
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Guys, please help me!

I just got a warning for spamming (I was posting what song I was listening to in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat) and I really want to oppose it cos if I get banned again I'm never returning to PC and I'm going to spend the rest of my life somewhere else.

I just want to know, in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat, is posting what song you are listening to considered spamming?

Please help or I'll defect to Serebii!
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Hey Hikari,

Posting what you're listening to in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat is SPAM, because it is a chit-chat thread where we have a topic of conversation, and random postings of what you are listening to is off-topic and a little disruptive to the conversation.

You only received a warning, it's not an infraction and it doesn't count toward a potential ban. You don't need to defect to Serebii, all you need to do is stop posting what you are listening to in that thread.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old February 8th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

It's off topic, so it doesn't contribute to the discussion at hand. Maybe if it were relevant it wouldn't be considered spamming, but it doesn't seem to be.
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Hikari: Andrew has pointed out the reason for your warning quite expertly. I was actually very tempted to make it an outright infraction because of the sheer number of times you kept doing it. Indeed, after coming back from my mini-break, I had received numerous complaints about your behaviour in the thread. For further info, please read the first post of the C&M DCC, focusing on the guidelines of what you should and shouldn't post.
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271792
I could see how Hikari thought it may be okay to post what songs she is listening to since the post in closing states that topics like that are all diverted to C&M DCC. Although inversely I can understand how it could be seen as spam if it is in close succession. Which I am sure was detailed in the warning hopefully. And like already said it kind of interrupted the topic at hand within the topic since posting "I'm listening to blank" isn't exact Chit Chatting.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old February 8th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Guys, please help me!

I just got a warning for spamming (I was posting what song I was listening to in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat) and I really want to oppose it cos if I get banned again I'm never returning to PC and I'm going to spend the rest of my life somewhere else.

I just want to know, in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat, is posting what song you are listening to considered spamming?

Please help or I'll defect to Serebii!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Hey Hikari,

Posting what you're listening to in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat is SPAM, because it is a chit-chat thread where we have a topic of conversation, and random postings of what you are listening to is off-topic and a little disruptive to the conversation.

You only received a warning, it's not an infraction and it doesn't count toward a potential ban. You don't need to defect to Serebii, all you need to do is stop posting what you are listening to in that thread.

Read the 2nd post here
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271792

Mr Cat Dog:There used to be a similar thread like this - as well as book-reading, film watching etc. - but now all of those threads have been combined into the C&M Daily Chit-Chat. Please post stuff like this there. Thanks.

Closed

http://www.pokecommunity.com/convers...3164&u2=254777

Mr Cat Dog :

January 21st, 2012 02:27 AM

Well, it's not going to be. The first page of the C&M DCC states explicitly that it is a continuation of the previous 'what are you listening/reading/watching' threads. You're more than welcome to post the same stuff that you posted in your thread in the DCC, as long as you follow the C&M rules.

Last edited by Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup; February 9th, 2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:18 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have another problem guys, 3 more infraction points for a post in the Cute Pokemon Club which Olli and Ozzy claimed was spam.

If I get banned again it will be the last straw and I will leave PC permanently and defect to Serebii.

I really want to protest this infraction cos I didn't know it was spam, and I usually have trouble remembering most rules.

Please help me or I'll leave PC FOREVER!!!

Cos PC without Hikari will never be the same.

I NEED HELP!

Last edited by Hikamaru; March 21st, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:41 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Well, I guess the problem with the spam infraction is, that some people aren't sure what kinds of things that would be classified as spam, and are, like you, suprised when they're infracted. But honestly making a post, just saying "Snivy is the Pokemon of the Week" in multiple languages doesn't really contribute at all, and doesn't have a point to it at all, since people can check it themselves. Now, in most cases we would just have let it slide, but the problem is that you make posts like these too often.

Also the reason I took it up in PM was to avoid things like these...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links