• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can Some1 PLZ rate my sand team

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
Can Someone please rate my sand team

Tyranitar Ability - Sand Stream @chople berry
Brave Nature
Moves
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Crunch
Fire Blast

Scizor Ability Technician @ Lum Berry
Lonely Nature
Moves
U-Turn
Vaccum Wave
Night Slash
Iron Head

Aerodactyl Ability Pressure @ Focus Band
Adamant Nature
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Iron Head
Whirlwind

Steelix Ability Sturdy @ Leftovers
Hardy Nature
Explosion
Thunder Fang
Ice Fang
Fire Fang

Metagross Ability Clear Body @ Life Orb
Hardy Nature
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break
Zen Headbutt

Skarmory Ability Keen Eye @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
Spikes
Dark Pulse
Flash Cannon
Roost

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You'll need EV spreads too for it to be okay in this forum but I'll just rate on what you have considering it's mostly complete.

Waay too many steels. For priority and spikes, sure you can use Skarmory and Scizor, but if you want a steel to help out your team, go for Heatran since it has Flash Fire and can absorb fire attacks. Also, you're weak to ground attacks, so if you give Heatran air balloon you can help yourself too because then ground attacks won't hit it.

On Scizor, it really needs Adamant (or a nature investing in speed), and for priority, it really needs Bullet Punch, because with Technician, it's boosted waaaaaay high. Vacuum wave on the other hand doesn't help it - you're best off with Superpower or Brick Break since they're both physical and stronger. As for the dark attack, go for Pursuit instead so you can trap psychic types, because a psychic type won't be staying in on Scizor unless they have HP fire, and even still, after damage they could also be afraid of Bullet Punch. So basically, U-turn/BrickBreak or Superpower/Pursuit/Bullet Punch are usually the physical attacks it has, swapping out which ones you don't want, etc. Scizor is also better off with a Life Orb, Choice Band, or Choice Scarf, since if you fear w-o-w you can switch into Heatran.

On Tyranitar, use Stone Edge, since it's a STAB attack and you'll need that coverage.

For Skarmory, it's physical, so Dark Pulse doesn't really help, Brave Bird or Drill Peck is much more effective against opponents (for STAB) and Flash Cannon doesn't really help because... it's special. Instead go for Whirlwind to phaze the opponents aka bring up SR/Spikes damage. Also, Sturdy is a much more useful ability since it helps you last longer while keen eye does nothing really. Good luck!

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Might I add that Sitrus berry isn't exactly the best choice for skarmory; I recommend leftovers, or Shed Shell in case you encounter a magnezone and want to switch out.

Hope this helps; happy battles~ :3

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
Okay, Thanx Heres my NEW updated team
Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Brave
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Fire Blast
Crunch
Heatran @ Air Baloon
Timid Nature <--- I think
Will O Wisp
Earth Power <---- May Change
Flash Cannon
Subsitute
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Bold
Spikes
Brave Bird
Steel Wing <---- Subject to Change
Whirlwind/protect
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb <Poisen Heal>
Facade
Earthquake
X-Scissor/ U-Turn
<not sure on this one>
Magnezone @ Light Clay----Magnet Pull Ability
Timid?
Reflect
Light Screen
Hidden Power<fire>
Volt Switch
Scizor @ Choice Band/ Focus Band<---- get one last hit in...
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Brick Break
Pursuit

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
We still need EV spreads. :/

Anyway, Heatran is better with this set, since Tyranitar is already setting up Stealth Rock:
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Protect
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/100 Def/160 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock (in case Tyranitar's Stealth Rock gets Rapid Spun away)
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon

Keep Choice Band on Scizor; it has the bulk and typing to take hits easily.

Bold takes away from Skarmory's Attack and it's more of a physical attacker. Try this set:
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird/Taunt
Nature: Impish/Careful
EVs: 252 HP/232 Def or SDef/24 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

Gliscor doesn't really need U-turn. Since you're using Sandstorm, how about this set?:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Substitute
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem
Ability: Poison Heal

Even though Magnezone has the bulk to set up dual screens, it's better off as a Steel killer:
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
-Flash Cannon/Charge Beam
Nature: Timid
EVs: 36 HP/252 SAtk/220 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull

Years
I agree with PlatinumDude (it's his birthday today!), Bold is terrible for Skarmory. I recommend Impish or Careful, maybe even Jolly if you want extra Speed or Adamant for extra Attack.

Lonely isn't the best nature for Scizor, the best would be Jolly/Adamant/Impish.

Just recommending natures for you.

Back