Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 8th, 2012 (06:52 AM).
Dusk
A Glitch in the System

Nature: Calm
I think the RPA's are great, it's all about how you look at it. The way I see it, it's just a kind of bonus to RPing. I mean, friendly competition is fun, and it makes RPers strive to achieve. It also makes them feel good, not even for winning, but even just being nominated. I probably won't get any nominations, but I do try to make my characters and posts as best as I can. My interesting character sign-ups, emotional posts, and, well, humor is a fun method to write with.

Which leads me to, I think funniest RPer award is a good one to keep. I've enjoyed humor in RPing (For example, Moon, my fairy on Zelda: A Link of Dimensions) and I do strive to use it at least once in each RP.

As for dramatic characters, there's my big-reveal Kiyoko character on Pokemon Trainer Academy. Also, my sign-up character for the new Warriors RP by shinysweety (Scarheart, whose mate had died, had no family in the clan, etc.).

As for creating RPs, I've created Wolf's Rain: Blood for Paradise, and Zelda: A Link of Dimensions.

Speaking of which, I came here to look for interested RPers for my Wolf's Rain RP; it needs members!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272875

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 8th, 2012 (07:08 AM).
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Darkness
I creating the world of my RP, and I want to know, if you as a role-player, will want to see a map of the world, and how much detaild, only the continents, or + countries, or +cities and landscape [mountains, forests, rivers and lakes] ? I think that the more detaild it is the better, so as for now I creating it the most detailed except for roads, [Its not a pokemon RP, I have 4 continents and 4 kingdoms, one in each continent, and maybe little countries near the kingdoms.
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old February 8th, 2012 (03:47 PM).
SV
It was justified

I agree with PKMTY (I'm gonna call you that, if you don't mind). Inactivity=death of the RP. If you're waiting for someone to post, and that person hasn't posted in quite a while, skip him over, and continue onwards with the storyline. That person will catch up if necessary. Also, consider joint posts for conversations. Agree ahead of time when and where to meet, or simply send a PM and get it started, and you can continue it back and forth. If the person doesn't reply though, [S]track him/her down and force them[S] go with the skipping.

Being a good GM ,or bad one, is the single most important factor in determining often if a RP fails, or finishes. There are other factors, obviously, but this one to me is the most important. It doesn't take terrific writing to do (although it helps), it only takes hard work and determination.

@Zero Darkness A map similar to the ones in the games should be good enough, even if it's not a Pokemon game, in other words, mountains, cities, forests and other important landscapes could be included, but getting more detailed is always a plus, but not a necessity.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old February 9th, 2012 (01:57 AM).
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
I agree with whoever suggested achievements rather than RPAs. And it could be tracked down just like how people do emblems, have a thread and if you think you meet the requirements, post there for the emblem. It doesn't require much. Also maybe there should be some sort of designer emblem for people who spruce up their OPs with lovely CSS and the like. I mean, they definitely took extra time to make everything look organized with relevant graphics and eye-candy. Something for the artistic. xD

Also, I think "Funniest RPer" and any other similar ones should be done away, because humour is subjective. Not everyone may get the joke or reference if they've never heard of said reference. As for drama, I think it's very common to see that in many characters' history and personality, so I don't think there's a need for the most dramatic one. Plus, I wouldn't like the idea of seeing a sudden surge of dramatic characters made just for that sole purpose. Boring imho. ;__;

On a perhaps sarcastic side-note, maybe we should have something for those who make Gary Stu/Mary Sue characters. >
Old February 9th, 2012 (06:55 AM).
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

@supervegata: I thought about inheritance cycle stlye map. Just I dont know how I gonna do the trees and mountains. Maybe I will do it little low queility, at least so that people could understand things, like that a tree and that a moutain.
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old February 9th, 2012 (07:08 AM).
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
Quote originally posted by Zero Darkness:
@supervegata: I thought about inheritance cycle stlye map. Just I dont know how I gonna do the trees and mountains. Maybe I will do it little low queility, at least so that people could understand things, like that a tree and that a moutain.
Personally, when dealing with terrains on a map, I color-code them (e.g. dark green for forests, gray for mountains, etc.). Since your countries are on four separate continents, it shouldn't be necessary to use color-codes to tell them apart.

Old February 9th, 2012 (07:20 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, here's a suggestion; how about replacing the funniest roleplayer award for say... a more general "most entertaining roleplayer" award? Since being entertaining is not just restricted to being humorous.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 9th, 2012 (10:05 AM).
SV
It was justified

@Miss Doronjo That's actually a pretty good idea. Much better than the funniest RPer award, IMO, and it's not limited to only humor.

@Zero D Saturated Hue has the right idea. Just keep it simple. Forest are green, mountains are grey, etc.

Old February 9th, 2012 (10:20 AM).
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

so what you both meant was to not create tree like thingys, just color the terrein in the color that suit it well?

Old February 9th, 2012 (10:23 AM).
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
Well, here's a suggestion; how about replacing the funniest roleplayer award for say... a more general "most entertaining roleplayer" award? Since being entertaining is not just restricted to being humorous.
*-DeepImpact- likes*

Also @Zero Darkness, what the guys above me said, Stick to simple, but at the same time descriptive. The map should be like the Pokemon games really lol. Simple to understand.
Old February 9th, 2012 (10:27 AM).
SV
It was justified

@ZD Or, you can draw small squiggles, and make them green, representing trees, and maybe a teepee that's grey, representing a mountain, or something. Nobody cares too much about the quality, as long as they understand the locations and such. At least that's what I think.

Old February 9th, 2012 (10:31 AM). Edited February 9th, 2012 by Zero Darkness.
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

ok great, as now I`m doing the world map, and I`m try to give her an explorer like feeling, I will post it here later if thats ok by the rules

Here is the map of the world:
Spoiler:

And not I only have 4 more maps to do, and I gonna do this in the pokemon games style!

Finished my world map, every 1cm equals 100km or 100,000cm.

Tell me if its good, and the main idea is that the players will know how the world looks.
Now I have more 4 pokemon style maps to do. Somebody have a good guide?

Old February 9th, 2012 (01:10 PM).
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Hi there!

I figure that this would be the best place for a newbie to start posting, so... here I am!

I've been an RP'er for just about five or six years, but I've -very- little experience with forum RPs, meaning that I've only ever done... two or three in my entire life, none of which went on for long.

But, I'm hoping I can turn that around with Pokémon, RP and this seemingly -awesome- forum.

So, I suppose what I'm trying to get to is, I'd like to know if anyone's planning on doing some kind of introductionary RP, or at least a 'newb-friendly' RP anytime soon.
I wouldn't mind being able to control either a Trainer or a Pokémon, though a Pokémon sounds pretty exciting to RP out.

I've looked through a few of the RPs here, and one of the ones that caught my eye the most was one where the plot basically was that there was an island with Pokémon, who previously had no contact with any other area in the world, and suddenly, poachers come flooding to the island, and the Pokémon had to avoid/push back the humans. Exciting stuff!

So I'm hoping that I can, with this GIGANTIC wall of text, get someone to help me out :x

Thanks for reading, sorry for the massive post!
Old February 9th, 2012 (04:13 PM).
-Grayscale-
яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by Sir Bastian:
So, I suppose what I'm trying to get to is, I'd like to know if anyone's planning on doing some kind of introductionary RP, or at least a 'newb-friendly' RP anytime soon.
I wouldn't mind being able to control either a Trainer or a Pokémon, though a Pokémon sounds pretty exciting to RP out.

I've looked through a few of the RPs here, and one of the ones that caught my eye the most was one where the plot basically was that there was an island with Pokémon, who previously had no contact with any other area in the world, and suddenly, poachers come flooding to the island, and the Pokémon had to avoid/push back the humans. Exciting stuff!

So I'm hoping that I can, with this GIGANTIC wall of text, get someone to help me out :x

I think of everyone as equal on here. It's okay to be a newb. I just got here, too Everyone's very nice and no one gets kicked out of roleplays for being bad, although I'm pretty sure you'd be a good writer if you've been rping for what, 5 years? :D So don't worry about that at all!

If you want to join an exciting RP, obviously there's a lot to choose from! If that island RP is accepting members I bet they'll let you in Otherwise, keep looking! I'd also appreciate it if you even bothered to check out me and my friend's own RP. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272934

But again, don't worry about being new. Everyone here is very generous and would love to have you in their roleplay. Good luck, and I hope you have a good time here.

ι ѕнαℓℓ ρяσtє¢t уσυ, му ℓσνє.

Old February 9th, 2012 (07:17 PM).
TheAmazingAipom
searching for a life :D

Nature: Modest
Hi there!

I figure that this would be the best place for a newbie to start posting, so... here I am!

I've been an RP'er for just about five or six years, but I've -very- little experience with forum RPs, meaning that I've only ever done... two or three in my entire life, none of which went on for long.

But, I'm hoping I can turn that around with Pokémon, RP and this seemingly -awesome- forum.

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too (about a month or so.) This place is great! Dont worry about finding a RP, there are always new ones that come out every few days. Like i said before, im new here but i have joined two RPs and made one of my own so far. It sounds like you are an experienced RPer so you should be fine here. Everyone is nice and helpful!

Also I was wondering how everyone would like a Pokemon/Planet of the Apes crossover?
Pokemon: Secret of The Stardust As GM XD (needs players)
Planet of the Pokemon As GM (also needs players d: )
The Elementals Rise as Brendan
Pokemon Fallout as Reggie
Old February 9th, 2012 (07:31 PM).
SV
It was justified

Hi Sir Bastain. Welcome to PC, and the RP Corner. If you need any help specifically, drop me a VM and I'll do what I can to assist you.

@Zero Darkness The maps are fine, a bit general, but if you're not looking for anything specific, then they're ok.

Old February 9th, 2012 (08:33 PM).
Silver Rogue
RolePlayer

@ Sir Bastain Welcome! Good to have another roleplayer joining! And just to let you know, not every roleplay here is pokemon based. I find that some of the ones that dont have pokemon are some of the most interesting! Not to say that pokemon roleplays arent fun, as they are very very very....very......very........very much fun. Isnt that right Supervegeta?

And as to being a noob, dont worry about it! I remember myself being a noob like it was yesterday! (and by yesterday I mean about 10 months ago...) There I was, joining the community, never having done a roleplay in my life! It was.....well.....I was pretty terrible. My logical side is telling me to tell the truth, and my egotistical side is telling me to brag about my completely awesome roleplaying skills. Dang you split personalities!!!

Completely honest now, dont worry about it. Skill comes with time and patience. Both of which I have none of. :D
Disease Deoxys
Old February 9th, 2012 (09:32 PM).
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Awh. You guys sure know how to make a guy feel welcome!
Thanks alot for all of the tips and help, I'll be sure to give it some thought!
And yeah, I did check out the Disease Deoxys RP (Which seems like a -really- cool idea, not to mention the awesome art for it), I just figured it might've been a little too... evolved for me, if you know what I mean ;P

Still though, thank you all for the warm welcome! Hope to see you about in any kind of RP soon!
Old February 10th, 2012 (01:32 AM).
Diamond1304
Gym Leader

Nature: Adamant
Hi there!

Awh. You guys sure know how to make a guy feel welcome!
Thanks alot for all of the tips and help, I'll be sure to give it some thought!
And yeah, I did check out the Disease Deoxys RP (Which seems like a -really- cool idea, not to mention the awesome art for it), I just figured it might've been a little too... evolved for me, if you know what I mean ;P

Still though, thank you all for the warm welcome! Hope to see you about in any kind of RP soon!
Welcome to the RP Corner~! Well if you want a beginner-friendly RP, I'd definitely want you to check out Pokemon Trainer Academy. I think it's the newb-friendliest roleplay I've ever seen and the GMs there are very helpful. Or since you prefer playing as a Pokemon, perhaps a PMD RP may suit. PMD RPs tend to be straightforward, like the games, and I've never come across any that's not newb-friendly. Once again, welcome~
Old February 10th, 2012 (03:25 AM).
Skymin
part time demon hunter

Nature: Quirky
WELCOME. WELCOME. WELCOME. WELCOME. WELCOME.

So, I'll change 'Funniest' to 'Most Entertaining', but I'll keep the emblem the same. <:
Old February 10th, 2012 (03:44 AM).
The Immortal One
Life... Challenge Accepted!

Nature: Bold
Look! It's me! Blaziken15 with his new account. I took a little break to improve my skills and I think I have. With a new RPing style, I have a new account so I have a fresh start.

I'm so glad to see you guys again and I'm ready to RP again!
Old February 10th, 2012 (04:17 PM).
shinysweety
In it to win it! :D

Hi there!

Hey, welcome to PC! Sorry for the last welcome, me forgot to look at the Roleplay Discussion Thread for a while. xD I hope you have fun roleplaying here, cya 'round. :3

Quote originally posted by The Immortal One:
Look! It's me! Blaziken15 with his new account. I took a little break to improve my skills and I think I have. With a new RPing style, I have a new account so I have a fresh start.

I'm so glad to see you guys again and I'm ready to RP again!
Hmm... i have a feeling u'v been here before....... who could u be? jk jk! Welcome back Blaziken!

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old February 11th, 2012 (04:43 AM).
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

I recreated my RP: The Elementals Rise. Its now look cooler and more. Come and join the journey in the earth that in the other dimension.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272374

Old February 11th, 2012 (01:33 PM).
Strikit
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit
If I were to start a roleplay based on the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance) would anyone be interested? Would anyone have any suggestions for plot or tweaks to it? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Old February 11th, 2012 (02:43 PM).
Black Hawk
Char

[SIZE="a"]
Quote originally posted by Zerin:

Speaking of which, I came here to look for interested RPers for my Wolf's Rain RP; it needs members!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272875
I think this rp will be interesting. Please join[/SIZE]

I'm making an Rp about wolves. Anyone interested?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links