The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM
J_Dawg
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
so basically a level script is a regular script, just set to a map right?

and i can select 1 of the free 25 slots to add something? the way i was reading the tutorial i was thinking that it had to be a pokemon already represented with a picture

anyways thanx that helped alot

Last edited by J_Dawg; February 6th, 2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: forgot to post
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
Again, hope this is the right spot for this Q??
But I need a good pokemon white rom, any one know where I can get one?
Thanks
Google is your friend. We aren't allowed to link you to any ROMs.

Old February 7th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Gimic
Unhatched Egg

Hello everyone,

After nearly two hours of searching, I finally found Emerald version used in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzG3IRIE9vI

The only problem is that this version is all... chinese...

Can ANYONE translate it to english?

NOTES:
- do not know, which version of Emerald is patched
- do not have any patch, just the ROM
- do not know if it really is 493 hack, or just edited 386, but starters are Chimchar, Turtwig and Piplup
- do not know if any new moves are imported

If anyone can do anything about this, please let me know... I cannot speak or even read chinese, so play this game kinda sux...

Don't cheat, it kills the game
Old February 7th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Speedster
The Unknown

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimic View Post
Hello everyone,

After nearly two hours of searching, I finally found Emerald version used in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzG3IRIE9vI

The only problem is that this version is all... chinese...

Can ANYONE translate it to english?

NOTES:
- do not know, which version of Emerald is patched
- do not have any patch, just the ROM
- do not know if it really is 493 hack, or just edited 386, but starters are Chimchar, Turtwig and Piplup
- do not know if any new moves are imported

If anyone can do anything about this, please let me know... I cannot speak or even read chinese, so play this game kinda sux...
Well based on the video that is fake (Since there is a western meowth). Although it is possible. There are projects going on to have all 649 pokemon in Ruby and FireRed. Now emerald was a tricky situation so adding all 649 pokemon to it was dropped. So follow these projects and wait for the releases.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM
robosllim
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by robosllim View Post
Here's the way things are now. There's a particular trainer, Battle Girl Lauren, who is known to cause problems. So I moved her to my debug location using Advance Map. She has a Hitmonlee with AI Value 200. She has an Antidote, a Burn Heal, a Full Heal, and a Full Restore. I poison the Hitmonlee and, consistently, she uses a Super Repel one turn, followed by a ?????? the next turn. Each will say "Foe HITMONLEE's SUPER REPEL/?????? cured POISON!" without actually doing so.

So next, I remove all of her items and set Hitmonlee's AI Value to 0. I confirm that these changes take effect through HxD. I also change her name to confirm I'm loading the right ROM in VBA. So now, when Battle Girl Laurrrrrr battles me, she still uses a Super Repel and a ?????? when her Hitmonlee gets poisoned. Same behavior as before, even though her data changed.

Now, I've figured out all the bytes in the trainer Pokemon data section (AI, level, dex number, item, and attacks), but I've got some holes in the trainer data:

Code:
0-1   - ???
2-3   - Music and Sprite
4-15  - Name
16-23 - Items
24-27 - ???
28    - Type (07 is story battle, I think)
29-31 - ???
32    - Pokemon count
33-35 - ???
36-39 - The address of the Pokemon data
I'm wondering if any of the blanks could be causing issues. So, two questions: First, can anyone fill in my blanks? Second, is there anything else that may account for the weird item behavior? It definitely seems to be tied to particular trainers, rather than some corruption of the battle code... though I obviously am not certain.
I haven't posted in a while, but I just wanted to give an update for future reference and to ask a new, hopefully simpler, question.

After a lot of tracing through code, I found that the game simply wasn't loading item data from the right spot. It loaded the trainer's name, Pokemon, sprite, everything else correctly, but the items were just wrong.

In this ROM, the trainer table is in a different location, due to being expanded. And even though most things worked, I discovered there was one place where the pointer was still pointing to the old table location. So it was essentially loading garbage data, or other code, in place of the items and using those somehow. After changing that pointer to the right value, everything is fine again.

The new question: why didn't that pointer get updated? I didn't expand the trainer data myself, but are there any caveats we should be aware of in the future?
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
wierddude22
New hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to wierddude22 Send a message via Skype™ to wierddude22
not sure if it has been answered but i don't want to go through 820 pages

i have a warp in firered that warps you into a pokemon centre, my problem is the warp makes the player land in the middle
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Gimic
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
Well based on the video that is fake (Since there is a western meowth). Although it is possible. There are projects going on to have all 649 pokemon in Ruby and FireRed. Now emerald was a tricky situation so adding all 649 pokemon to it was dropped. So follow these projects and wait for the releases.
Yeah, I know, but I always like Emerald version, mostly because tons of double battles and moving sprites. This game IS real, I played it nearly all, but in chinese it is nearly impossible to make to the end without emulation and saving all freakin' time...

Don't cheat, it kills the game
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierddude22 View Post
not sure if it has been answered but i don't want to go through 820 pages

i have a warp in firered that warps you into a pokemon centre, my problem is the warp makes the player land in the middle
So you need to make sure that you have it connected to another warp inside the pokemon center. If you got it that far it means you have the Map No. and Map Name correct but you have to have the same To Warp No. as the No. in the pokemon center. Example: Outside the warp is has a To Warp No. of 1 and the warp inside has a No. of 1. They match so when you come in it places you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimic View Post
Yeah, I know, but I always like Emerald version, mostly because tons of double battles and moving sprites. This game IS real, I played it nearly all, but in chinese it is nearly impossible to make to the end without emulation and saving all freakin' time...
Well then there are still solutions. First, off like I said its hard to add all 493 Pokemon, much less all 649, to Emerald due to lack of free space. If you could find someone who knows how to do it and is willing to do it then look around and do so. Although you can achieve most things like double battles (which is already in the games by default) and moving sprites in FireRed and Ruby that you can achieve in Emerald. This thread talks about moving people and Pokemon sprites. It's still not very easy at all and there may not be free space still.

~coming soon~
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:32 AM
mysteryme
Togepi

How can i find an exact trainer in advance trainer?
For example: I am planning to make a harder version of fire red, but i do i find a specific trainer that i have already located in advancemap, but not in advancetrainer?

Sorry for my terrible english btw..
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:34 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryme View Post
How can i find an exact trainer in advance trainer?
For example: I am planning to make a harder version of fire red, but i do i find a specific trainer that i have already located in advancemap, but not in advancetrainer?

Sorry for my terrible english btw..
Each trainer overworld in Advance Map has a script attached to them which determines what they say before and after battle, as well as which trainers you are actually battling. To find out which trainer has been assigned to the overworld, you're going to have to open their script in an editor such as XSE. Look for the scripting command 'trainerbattle' which should look something like this when decompiled (This is from the first girl you meet in Mt Moon):

Code:
trainerbattle 0x0 0x79 0x0 0x8172972 0x81729A4
The second byte after the command (highlighted in red) is what determines which trainer you will be battling. Remove the '0x' and place it in the small number box underneath the main list of trainers - You will automatically move to that position. From there on, just edit them as you see fit :)
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
SYLUX6
Beginning Trainer

I'm having issues with adding blocks to a tileset so I can add my own tiles to it. When I change the amount of blocks to tileset 2, the behavior byte and backround byte of all existing tiles that I wanted to use in tileset 1 are wiped out to 0 and even if I set them back to the way they were they either respond or don't. Any ideas of whats going on or if I'm handling this the wrong way? Thanks in advance.
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:48 PM
anhminh
Beginning Trainer

I need help, how to change those sprite to 8bpp? When i try to put it in platinum rom, it say this will probably not work because it not 8bpp, and sprite broken when i write it to rom.
This is what i try to put into rom.
img256.imageshack.us/img256/6682/unledzts.png
img29.imageshack.us/img29/7416/unled2bz.png
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhminh View Post
I need help, how to change those sprite to 8bpp? When i try to put it in platinum rom, it say this will probably not work because it not 8bpp, and sprite broken when i write it to rom.
This is what i try to put into rom.
img256.imageshack.us/img256/6682/unledzts.png
img29.imageshack.us/img29/7416/unled2bz.png
8bpp essentially means the picture has 256 different colors. This means you have to index it with 256 colors, as opposed to 16. I'm not sure what you used to index the sprite initially, but in Irfanview, you'd go to "increase color depth", and select 256 colors.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old February 9th, 2012, 07:14 PM
anhminh
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
8bpp essentially means the picture has 256 different colors. This means you have to index it with 256 colors, as opposed to 16. I'm not sure what you used to index the sprite initially, but in Irfanview, you'd go to "increase color depth", and select 256 colors.
I do exactly like you said, this time it doesn't say anything but sprite still broken
Here is what it look like
ttp://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5599/newpicture2e.png
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Quote:
I do exactly like you said, this time it doesn't say anything but sprite still broken
After increasing the color depth to 256 make sure to save the image as BMP.

~coming soon~
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:06 PM
anhminh
Beginning Trainer

But sprites only use png only, is it able to read bmp?
P/S:I was try but it can't even recognize it
Old February 10th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Speedster
The Unknown

Quote:
But sprites only use png only, is it able to read bmp?
P/S:I was try but it can't even recognize it
Hmmm..... may I ask what you are using to insert the sprites into Platinum?

~coming soon~
Old February 10th, 2012, 05:09 AM
anhminh
Beginning Trainer

i use PokeDSpicPlatinum and it only use png image
Old February 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
wierddude22
New hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to wierddude22 Send a message via Skype™ to wierddude22
Does anyone know how to change the starting position in ruby?
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Quote:
i use PokeDSpicPlatinum and it only use png image
I'm not to sure after all this. I did a quick search and it seems most people have problems in the same way. It may be the tool itself and not your sprite.

Quote:
Does anyone know how to change the starting position in ruby?
I'm guessing you are referring to not having to start in the truck, correct? Well on this ROM Hacking tool website there is a tool known as "Advanced Intro Ed." You can use it to control which map you are placed in after the introduction.

~coming soon~
Old February 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
TorNyan
Hacker

Nature: Calm
When I load my hacked ROM and tries to save through Start Menu, it says that there already is a save file (though I haven't saved) with TIME 0:00, then it says "Save Error. Please the backup memory.".
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:18 AM
wierddude22
New hacker

OK so i have used the intro editor but the place where i start becomes slightly messed up
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:35 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
OK so i have used the intro editor but the place where i start becomes slightly messed up
Could you be more specific about your problem?
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:51 AM
mysteryme
Togepi

My pokemon in my rom hack won't evolve?
I don't now if it's a problem with hoenn only, but my taillow won't evolve in swellow and my corpfish won't evolve in crawdaunt.
It says this:
Spoiler:

(I used evolve editor pro, could that be the problem?)
What can i do to fix it?
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:10 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryme View Post
My pokemon in my rom hack won't evolve?
I don't now if it's a problem with hoenn only, but my taillow won't evolve in swellow and my corpfish won't evolve in crawdaunt.
It says this:
Spoiler:

(I used evolve editor pro, could that be the problem?)
What can i do to fix it?
That's a feature left over from the retail version of FR/LG. Pokemon from outside of the original 151 won't evolve unless you have the National Dex upgrade - This is to prevent you from getting Pokemon like Crobat or Blissey before you beat the game. To activate the National Dex you have to put the command 'special 0x16F' in the script where you get your Pokedex and all of your Pokemon will be able to evolve freely.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here