The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:19 PM
TwiDragon
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Snivy Baroque] View Post
I would like to join please, just to show off my Pride
Hey, welcome to the club :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
You bring up a really interesting question Ty.. and all I can say is that personally I find I can find a guy more attractive when he wears something that accentuates his male figure. Like a fitted suit that is tailored to fit his wide shoulders and all that. So I'm curious to ask if people who find a sort of sexual attraction thing to crossdressing.. is it because a guy in a dress accentuates his femininity? Would you say some people find that sort of attractiveness in the ambiguity of gender? (Some people like girly guys so they think it's more attractive to see them in something frilly.. or the same with tomgirls?) I dunno.. I can only really answer for myself but I'm curious as to what other people are attracted to in regards to that.
For me, I am sexually attracted towards crossdressers. I also have the same attraction towards tomboys. However, this isn't the limits to what I'm sexually attracted too. Its hard for me to give a list of examples of what I think is hot and what I don't think isn't. I would need to see an image of the person in order to say yay or nay.
Please note though that this isn't the only reason why I'm interested in crossdressing. While I do think it looks more sexually appealing, I don't have that as the only option. I've always liked femininity (but hid it away inside myself for the past decade), I've always thought girls clothing is more attractive looking than guys, and a lot of girls clothing is more comfortable to me. (Such as skirts for example).

I don't know how else I could really respond to this actually, so I'm responding to my best. Its always hard to explain how I sexually feel towards someone.

EDIT: A few things.
First off, I think this is my favorite thread in the site. :3 I like being open about my sexuality <3
Second off, http://www.timschraeder.com/2010/06/...-at-gay-pride/ I got this from serebii
Third off, Is there any words for transgendered people that you guys feel as insulting? A lot of terms feel to have negative feeling to them for me such as tranny, shemale, and even transvestite. Does anyone prefer the other terms, or do they not care?

Last edited by TwiDragon; February 14th, 2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Ctrl.Alt.Geak
Swords Master

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiDragon View Post
Third off, Is there any words for transgendered people that you guys feel as insulting? A lot of terms feel to have negative feeling to them for me such as tranny, shemale, and even transvestite. Does anyone prefer the other terms, or do they not care?
While I'm still not 100% sure of what I fall under right now I still want to throw in my opinion.
I feel less insulted by the names but more by the 'black and white' ideals that some people have. That is to say, I'm not overly bothered personally when someone says "tranny" in my presence so long as its not said in a hateful context but when people start saying things like "You were born female so you have to dress female. Dressing as a male/binding is just wrong." I must admit it gets to me (I know that sounds overly sensitive).

Old February 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
You bring up a really interesting question Ty.. and all I can say is that personally I find I can find a guy more attractive when he wears something that accentuates his male figure. Like a fitted suit that is tailored to fit his wide shoulders and all that. So I'm curious to ask if people who find a sort of sexual attraction thing to cossdressing.. is it because a guy in a dress accentuates his femininity? Would you say some people find that sort of attractiveness in the ambiguity of gender? (Some people like girly guys so they think it's more attractive to see them in something frilly.. or the same with tomgirls?) I dunno.. I can only really answer for myself but I'm curious as to what other people are attracted to in regards to that.
For me I find there's something attractive about confidence so I can totally see someone who crossdresses as attractive. You gotta have that if you're going to wear clothes made for other people. I guess that's more of a personality thing than a physical thing, but still, confidence and generally looking nice are both attractive and you don't see as many sloppy crossdressers as you do non-crossdressers. So yeah, I guess in my mind a person who crossdresses has confidence and style. Plus, with guys who crossdress anyway, there's usually that added element of beautifying themselves with makeup and whatnot that, if done right, can bring out someone's good looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl.Alt.Geak View Post
While I'm still not 100% sure of what I fall under right now I still want to throw in my opinion.
I feel less insulted by the names but more by the 'black and white' ideals that some people have. That is to say, I'm not overly bothered personally when someone says "tranny" in my presence so long as its not said in a hateful context but when people start saying things like "You were born female so you have to dress female. Dressing as a male/binding is just wrong." I must admit it gets to me (I know that sounds overly sensitive).
That doesn't sound overly sensitive. It's a perfectly understandable and reasonable response. I mean, someone saying that is trying to dictate how you express yourself, trying to tell you that they know more about you than you do, and that's just ridiculously wrong.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Magdalena~
Feel the hnnnnggg

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magdalena~
About finding crossdressing attractive; I'm typically a lesbian but I think feminine guys or guys in cute girl clothing, or with bows or braids in their hair, are just really really really cute. xD
Quote:
Well first off (lol third off first off), almost nothing really offends me, but as for what I find offensive or insensitive, no actual words bother me even remotely. Actually I find "tranny" and "trap" to be funny and cute despite that they're supposed to be insults. I would only find it an insult if someone used a hateful or condescending tone, and in that case it wouldn't matter what words they used.

Now, aside from that, I agree with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl.Alt.Geak View Post
Also the whole "used to be a guy/girl", "wants to be a woman/man", "became", "pretending" thing. Improper terminology also bugs me but I force myself to be understanding since it's unreasonable to expect the general populace to know all this terminology about something, especially if it's something they've only barely heard of.

Offtopic: Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Why wub joo all!

#167: Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

It lies still in the same pose for days in its web,
waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close.

Abilities: Swarm or Insomnia or Sniper
Moves: String Shot, Scary Face, Shadow Sneak, Pin Missile
Locations: Routes 2, 30, 31, 37 (night)
Cry
Other names:

jp: イトマル (Itomaru)
de: Webarak
fr: Mimigal
ko: 페이검 (Pe'igǒm)

Last edited by Magdalena~; February 14th, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old February 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Patatas Fritas
Dancing in the Rain~ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Patatas Fritas
"Tranny" "Trap" etc are all idk I hate them, they don't need to be said in an insulting fashion for me to cringe at the sound (or sight) of them because no matter how you say it they are degrading and insulting terms.
And going on what Maggie said the whole "used to be.." "became.." "wants to be.." thing really bugs me because really. If you identify as female you have always been female and if you identify as male you have always been male that's all there is to it in my opinion..

Unless of course you're genderqueer in which case I suppose it's different? Whatever you identify as you've always been I guess..
Maybe buy me a Diamond Ring

Old February 14th, 2012, 01:33 PM
TwiDragon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
Glad I got some response ^.^
Yeah, the words themselves don't offend me personally, I just get a dirtier feeling towards them. I perfer the term transgendered, crossgendered, or crossdresser. Even "trap" sounds kind of cute. However, "tranny" and "transvestite" feel a lot dirtier.
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Trick and trap sound kinda cute to me idk. Probably cause I was making a Poke persona (I guess you'd call it!) which was a legendary Pokemon and obviously, they're genderless in the game. But I decided to go with it still being genderless, and a friend suggested it could be "Traptini" since it was genderless, lol. /dumb story

I really hate the terms like shemale, he-she, it, etc though. Tranny doesn't bother me, though I'll be honest and it makes me think of a male-to-female trans that doesn't know how to put on make up correctly and needs me to guide them in cosmetology because even I could do better than that and they also need a new wardrobe etc. ...I'm going to shut up now!
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:59 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
I think that tranny/transvestite are generally improper. The equivalent of fa*got or homo for gay people. However, it depends on the context. For some reason, it is common for a minority to call oneself by a generally negative term. Like the N word for blacks, ♥♥♥ for gays, and yeah, sometimes transgender people will call themselves trannies; this same type of behavior can sometimes be extended to close friends of minorities who obviously do not intend for the negative connotations. So I think it's more of the connotation to the word in its context, rather than the word itself in most cases.
Old February 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
I always thought trap was a cute word for it. It's a little different from the others though anyway, isn't it? I thought it meant that you weren't actually transgendered, but just looked like/dressed like a girl. I mean, Hideyoshi never even dressed up, and was constantly arguing that he's a guy, but everyone says he's a trap.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old February 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Esper

If I'm gonna be perfectly honest I prefer when people don't refer to someone being transgender and just says 'woman' or 'boy' or whatever. There are probably only a handful of times and places where it would be important/necessary/permissible to bring up someone's gender like this.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Not gonna lie, I find "trap" to be a hilarious term in this context. I'm sorry, I think it's fun. It's all about how it's said, I think. Then again, I'm a gay man who thinks its hysterical when I'm called a "fagmuffin" so I may not be the best yardstick for what's acceptable. I just have a really wide sense of humour lmao.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:19 PM
TwiDragon

^Yeah, I see you more as a girl. You are transgendered, don't get me wrong, but when I refer to you. Your a girl :3 The only time I need to bring it up is when I'm curious about it.

At the moment, I don't think it is proper to call me transgender, as I'm still wearing the same clothing and talking the same as I did last week. So, I'm not expected to get called out of being a "transgendered girl" when I still look like the same old me as I've looked like a few months before.

Also, I am doing some crossdressing Thursday. I will just be playing with hair and outfits, but thats it. If anyone is curious to see what I look like, maybe give some tips/advice and what not. PM me, I'll see if your trustworthy and what not ^.^
(I'm still a bit shy about it, but I'm opening up......)
Old February 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Not gonna lie, I find "trap" to be a hilarious term in this context. I'm sorry, I think it's fun. It's all about how it's said, I think. Then again, I'm a gay man who thinks its hysterical when I'm called a "fagmuffin" so I may not be the best yardstick for what's acceptable. I just have a really wide sense of humour lmao.
Haha, anything would be funny with the word muffin attached to it. Murdermuffin. <3

2222 posts, lol.

The Volcano Pokemon

Old February 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM
TwiDragon

^Hmm, I use pie for things. I call Ashley all sorts of names that end with 'pie' <3

Wanted to say one more thing. When I think of a 'trap', I think of anime/manga characters who crossdress or are transgendered. I don't find that word insulting, and I actually think its pretty cute ^.^

Really, a lot of 'trap' artwork on sites like gel/safe booru are very adorable <3

EDIT - While this thread is nice and all, I do need to ask. I'm looking for an online community that has a target auidence towards transexuals, cross dressers, or just the LGBTS moment in general. I would really like to see more personal experinces and see how other people live through it. While pudz is awesome for sharing her story, I would like to communicate with others.
So does anyone know any site at all?

Last edited by TwiDragon; February 14th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old February 14th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Magdalena~
Feel the hnnnnggg

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magdalena~
When I hear the word "trap" in reference to transsexual people, I think of this:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Glad I got some response ^.^
Yeah, the words themselves don't offend me personally, I just get a dirtier feeling towards them. I perfer the term transgendered, crossgendered, or crossdresser.
Is grammar naziing acceptable here? xD If so, you're not supposed to say "transgendered" or "crossgendered". The "-ed" is unnecessary and incorrect. Just something I've learned and now wish to pedant people about. /wut

Also here's this: http://forum.trueselves.com/

We're turning into a trans thread a lot lately. o3o
#167: Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

It lies still in the same pose for days in its web,
waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close.

Abilities: Swarm or Insomnia or Sniper
Moves: String Shot, Scary Face, Shadow Sneak, Pin Missile
Locations: Routes 2, 30, 31, 37 (night)
Cry
Other names:

jp: イトマル (Itomaru)
de: Webarak
fr: Mimigal
ko: 페이검 (Pe'igǒm)
Old February 14th, 2012, 07:37 PM
TwiDragon

^Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I never was an English Major xD
Anyways, thanks for the link! I joined the site :3
I really like how strict the membership 'signing up' is. I guess its a great way to rid of trolls.
Smart.
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:34 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Quote:
^Hmm, I use pie for things. I call Ashley all sorts of names that end with 'pie' <3

Wanted to say one more thing. When I think of a 'trap', I think of anime/manga characters who crossdress or are transgendered. I don't find that word insulting, and I actually think its pretty cute ^.^

Really, a lot of 'trap' artwork on sites like gel/safe booru are very adorable <3

EDIT - While this thread is nice and all, I do need to ask. I'm looking for an online community that has a target auidence towards transexuals, cross dressers, or just the LGBTS moment in general. I would really like to see more personal experinces and see how other people live through it. While pudz is awesome for sharing her story, I would like to communicate with others.
So does anyone know any site at all?
I would also recommend Empty Closets. It's a site I just found a few days ago, and while it's not specifically for transexuals, it definitely has quite a few of them on the site. It's geared more toward helping people with their problems rather than just being a community though.

Well, I have no clue why, but I really feel like I should tell my dad now. As in, I had a nervous breakdown last night because I couldn't get up the courage to do it.

So, we're going to the store now, and I'm hopefully going to tell him. If all goes well, he won't swerve into a tree and kill us. lol (He's told me that he supports gays and thinks that we should be able to get married and all that, so I think I'll be fine.)

The Volcano Pokemon

Last edited by QuilavaKing; February 15th, 2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Your double post has been merged.
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post

Well, I have no clue why, but I really feel like I should tell my dad now. As in, I had a nervous breakdown last night because I couldn't get up the courage to do it.

So, we're going to the store now, and I'm hopefully going to tell him. If all goes well, he won't swerve into a tree and kill us. lol (He's told me that he supports gays and thinks that we should be able to get married and all that, so I think I'll be fine.)
Good luck! I was all excited when i read this; it's like, I hope it all goes well! let us know how it goes over, if you feel like it. ^_^

And I know what you mean about gathering up the courage; it is hard to do so. But you can do it! :D
Old February 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

He sighed very heavily when we got in the car, and when I asked him what was wrong, he said that he has so much to worry about that it's overwhelming him.

It's not gonna happen. =/

The Volcano Pokemon

Old February 15th, 2012, 03:05 PM
-Jared-
Community Supporter

Quote:
He sighed very heavily when we got in the car, and when I asked him what was wrong, he said that he has so much to worry about that it's overwhelming him.

It's not gonna happen. =/
Well damn. Yeah I wouldn't do it then either. ;____; Better luck next time, then. :\
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Katholic Nun

1. Pikapal where have you been?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing
As in, I had a nervous breakdown last night because I couldn't get up the courage to do it.
You had a nervous breakdown? Are you OK? I don't understand, was it because you're sick of lying to him or because you were working yourself up over it? What's wrong?

Also you were probably right not to choose that moment - but at the same time remember that there is never going to be a 'good time' to do it. From memory of your posts, your family isn't in the best place right now, so finding a perfect moment might be very difficult. Just keep that in mind

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old February 15th, 2012, 04:56 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

No, there's a few reasons. I think it's primarily because my Grandma died a month ago, and I saw a commercial of a guy about my age driving his grandma to see the house she grew up in. I didn't cry when they told me she died, or at the funeral, but when I saw that commercial, coupled with stressing myself out over trying to tell him, and a few other things. I just couldn't handle it.

The Volcano Pokemon

Old February 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Katholic Nun

Oh, I see

*hugs*

When I came out to my parents, I had to make sure that I had my head right around it and I made absolutely sure I was not stressed about it in the slightest. I did it in the most flippant way possible. I didn't sit them down and say "I need to tell you something", I just said it off-hand in a conversation so they didn't get the opportunity to make a big deal out of it. They still tried of course, but I shot them down immediately.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
-Jared-
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
1. Pikapal where have you been?!
Lurking! xD I didn't have much to say on all the transgendered topics, since everyone else already pretty much said what I feel. :P Lol, I only seem to post when the topic is about gay people. >__>

Quote:
No, there's a few reasons. I think it's primarily because my Grandma died a month ago, and I saw a commercial of a guy about my age driving his grandma to see the house she grew up in. I didn't cry when they told me she died, or at the funeral, but when I saw that commercial, coupled with stressing myself out over trying to tell him, and a few other things. I just couldn't handle it.
-hugs QuilavaKing as well- ;__;

Stress is like, a really horrible thing. Compounded with a relative dying, and it even worse. I remember my grandfather dying, and I cried a bit during it, but I cried the most months after the funeral and hearing others talk about their grandfathers. So yeah, I think I understand how you feel. ;__;
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:33 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

I should also clarify that when I say nervous breakdown I mean I cried for a few minutes. I haven't cried in so many years I didn't even remember what it was like... or understand how it was possible to lose control of your emotions that much.

The Volcano Pokemon

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links