The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Hydro Pumper
Water Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
Poison could be both a support and lead attacker, of course. Sludge Bomb/Wave are good attacks, though the moves you said are the more commonly used.
Yeh definitely, I totally agree with your post. It's just unfortunate that some singular-typed Poison Pokemon are at a disadvantage when it comes to STAB coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Welcome to both new members! :)
Thanks, Alex~. It's a pleasure to meet you. :3

On-topic: Hmmm I'd like to see a Poison/Dragon type Pokemon being viable one day. Those who have played Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door would know of Gloomtail, a dragon who can induce poison with his breath. A similar concept in the Pokemon world would be nice, in my opinion. :)
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro Pumper View Post

On-topic: Hmmm I'd like to see a Poison/Dragon type Pokemon being viable one day. Those who have played Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door would know of Gloomtail, a dragon who can induce poison with his breath. A similar concept in the Pokemon world would be nice, in my opinion.
Ahh the good 'ol Paper Mario franchise. Honestly were my favorite games of all time

Gloomtail? I thought it was Hooktail? Oh well..probably called both ways but in case most don't know what this Dragon looks like (Good observation Hydro Pumper):
Spoiler:
so a fat Poison/Dragon type? Sounds unique.
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Hydro Pumper
Water Pokemon Trainer

Thanks~! :) But yeh in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door there are actually three dragons- Hooktail (the one you posted), Gloomtail and Bonetail. XD Gloomtail is Hooktail's older brother and is encountered towards the end of the game (whilst Hooktail is a boss fairly early in the game~).

Anyway Gloomtail's, poison-based attacks are fairly strong. His Megabreath is the third strongest move in the game, according to the Super Mario Wiki.

In the Pokemon world a Poison / Dragon type would probably have decent offensive stats from both sides of attack. Like some of the other offensive-inclined Poison-types, I guess it would have mediocre defences. I'd like to see it as the next Pseudo Legendary (600 base stat total, three stage evolution line, etc). :3 As for its concept/origin I have no clue XD.

Last edited by Hydro Pumper; February 11th, 2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old February 10th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Thanks~! But yeh in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door there are actually three dragons- Hooktail (the one you posted), Gloomtail and Bonetail. XD Gloomtail is Hooktail's older brother and is encountered towards the end of the game (whilst Hooktail is a boss fairly early in the game~).

Anyway Hooktail's, poison-based attacks are fairly strong. His Megabreath is the third strongest move in the game, according to the Super Mario Wiki.

In the Pokemon world a Poison / Dragon type would probably have decent offensive stats from both sides of attack. Like some of the other offensive-inclined Poison-types, I guess it would have mediocre defences. I'd like to see it as the next Pseudo Legendary (600 base stat total, three stage evolution line, etc). :3 As for its concept/origin I have no clue XD.
Ahh it's been so long since I played this, I don't even remember there being 3 Dragons

Oh yeah, I'm sure they will have another Dragon Pseudo Legendary when 6 Generation comes along. They seem to keep bringing in more and more. I'd be interesting to see how much newly form 'Poison' Pokemon they can bring in.

I think they should bring in more spiders (I know..yuck). I can only think of two right off the top of my head, but with all these poisonous spiders out there, I'm a bit disappointed. Galvantula who isn't even Poison type, and we have the lone Poisonous Spider, Ariados.
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:08 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
welcome all new members! nice to see you all around here.

Ariados is a lame excuse for a spider. I mean, yes, spiders are poisonous and such, but they are not that weak. Galavantula is a better one. I hoped they make it Electric/Poison.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old February 10th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
welcome all new members! nice to see you all around here.

Ariados is a lame excuse for a spider. I mean, yes, spiders are poisonous and such, but they are not that weak. Galavantula is a better one. I hoped they make it Electric/Poison.
Lame Spider is better than no poisonous spider? I never focused to much on Ariados personally but...it has been a disappointing Pokemon to say at the least.
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks~! :) But yeh in Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door there are actually three dragons- Hooktail (the one you posted), Gloomtail and Bonetail. XD Gloomtail is Hooktail's older brother and is encountered towards the end of the game (whilst Hooktail is a boss fairly early in the game~).

Anyway Hooktail's, poison-based attacks are fairly strong. His Megabreath is the third strongest move in the game, according to the Super Mario Wiki.

This is actually a really interesting idea, one that I could easily imagine becoming a reality, as it doesn't seem out of character for Nintendo to do such a thing, though it would probably not be based on Gloomtail, if they were to include such a Pokémon. I like the idea of it being a pseudo-legendary, though I'd rather see it as a legendary, as it just seems more fit for that type of Pokémon. Either way, I'd back up this idea 100%, as it's a really good idea and because I'm frankly too lazy to try thinking of a new kind of Poison type Pokémon rn. I probably couldn't even make up an interesting Pokémon in general even if my life depended on it >_<

Last edited by Olli; February 11th, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Hydro Pumper
Water Pokemon Trainer

Aww thanks, Olli. :3 I wouldn't mind a Dragon/Poison Pokemon being a legendary Pokemon either, as long as we have a Dragon/Poison Pokemon, I'd be happy.

When I said this earlier:
Quote:
"Anyway Hooktail's, poison-based attacks are fairly strong. His Megabreath is the third strongest move in the game, according to the Super Mario Wiki."
I was meant to write Gloomtail there, not Hooktail. >.<

Another idea: perhaps a stingray Pokemon, so Water/Poison. We only have Tentacool and Tentacruel with that type combination, so I'm sure there is a lot of potential to develop another Water/Poison Pokemon. There is only one mantaray originated Pokemon too, being Mantine which is Water/Flying, with no Poison-type traits at all.
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:05 AM
d4rka8isz
Is Confused.

Nature: Gentle
Another Water/Poison would be pretty good. The Poison/Dragon is also like what everyone wants to see, but I actually want to see a Steel/Poison Pokemon. I've been wondering how that would work out for a couple days. Maybe it'll be some rust monster, but I don't know.

Challenges in progress:
Monotype Rock
Boldore Lv. 33 Dwebble Lv. 32 Tirtouga Lv. 32
I need to update faster...
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Welcome to both new members! :)

Hmm, the Gloomtail idea is pretty interesting... I can imagine that as a Pokemon, but I reckon it'd have to look more threatening etc to become a legendary, or even a powerful dragon - especially if it's affiliated with ideas such as poison and death. And ice/poison type could be interesting too, what do you think that'd look like? :3 All I can think of right now is a Dusk Stone evolution of Vanillite xD
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
joelzio123
LucarioBeast

Name: joelzio123
Partner Pokemon: Toxighost the Haunter
Reason for Joining: I love it when you poison an enemy and they just die and poison types are actually realyy strong

Old February 11th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Welcome to both new members!

Hmm, the Gloomtail idea is pretty interesting... I can imagine that as a Pokemon, but I reckon it'd have to look more threatening etc to become a legendary, or even a powerful dragon - especially if it's affiliated with ideas such as poison and death. And ice/poison type could be interesting too, what do you think that'd look like? :3 All I can think of right now is a Dusk Stone evolution of Vanillite xD
When you say Poison/Ice type, only one thing comes to mind for me.

'Flu' I got goosebumps...these things are a pain!
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM
miltankRancher

welcome new members!

Poison/Ice seemed like a good combination as well, though i doubt that they will make it the dusk stone evo oof Vanillite. That ice cream has no poison screaming inside him. Unlike Gloom who evolved to a pure grass type.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagaraja View Post
OMG! Where have you been all my life. O_o

Name; Nagaraja
Partner Pokemon: Naja Naja the Arbok
Why I want to Join: Poison is my favorite type, not to mention Arbok is my favorite pokemon. With Seviper and Ekans at a close second. There are so many awesome poison types.
I like you. I like you a lot :D

I thought of lengendarys based on the horsemen of the apocalypse
White horse (victory)- fighting
Red horse (war) - fire
pale horse (death)- ghost
and the one that works into this question the black horse (plague)- poison

given how new pokemon are stating to repreasent these sorts of things more and more I could see it working.

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Hydro Pumper
Water Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rka8isz View Post
I actually want to see a Steel/Poison Pokemon. I've been wondering how that would work out for a couple days. Maybe it'll be some rust monster, but I don't know.
Sounds like an interesting type match up imo. :3 It would have a x4 Ground weakness, as well as a x2 Fire weakness. I may be using the same logic as what was used when designing the Unova Pokemon, though some sort of spray can could probably match up as a Steel/Poison type. X3 lol.

Just keep swimming~!
Old February 13th, 2012, 12:58 AM
miltankRancher

But the popularity of ground-type pokemon, and the wide distribution of EQ will make this Pokemon's life a living hell.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Welcome to our new member ^^ Sorry I've not been posting much, been busy and such! D:

New topic: 'What do all Poison Pokemon have in common?'

Obviously not just their typing xD I think one thing is that they're all supposed to smell bad :3
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Cardinal

Name: CardinalPartner
Pokemon: Stinger the Skorupi. <3333
Reason for Joining: Poison is my favorite type and I think all of the Poison types are cute.

Anyway on the current topic, all of the Poison types are cute to me.
Old February 13th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Nagaraja
আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে

Nature: Bold
I think all poison types have some sort of deadly / warning look to them. Just like you KNOW poison is there. And most are purple.

Dead★Master

Old February 13th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:

Obviously not just their typing xD I think one thing is that they're all supposed to smell bad :3
They are Poison-type Pokemon..

xD

I find them all to be mean looking.
Old February 13th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Hydro Pumper
Water Pokemon Trainer

To me all Poison-type Pokemon have that look where they have something up their sleeve. Sly, sneaky and unexpecting.

Quote:
But the popularity of ground-type pokemon, and the wide distribution of EQ will make this Pokemon's life a living hell.
Agreed.

Just keep swimming~!
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3

Nature: Brave
Quote:

They are dangerous because of their poison and they smell... do they smell bad? :D But yea, you know when you encounter Poison-type Pokémon.
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:31 PM
d4rka8isz
Is Confused.

Nature: Gentle
Quote:

Well, they don't all smell bad... Take Roserade or most of the Grass/Poison types for example.

I think almost all of them are overlooked when most people play through a game. Venusaur is used a lot since it's a starter.

Challenges in progress:
Monotype Rock
Boldore Lv. 33 Dwebble Lv. 32 Tirtouga Lv. 32
I need to update faster...
Old February 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM
joelzio123
LucarioBeast

8 poison types were released in gen 4!!!

Old February 13th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rka8isz View Post
Well, they don't all smell bad... Take Roserade or most of the Grass/Poison types for example.

I think almost all of them are overlooked when most people play through a game. Venusaur is used a lot since it's a starter.
That's what I said in one of my earlier posts, Poison is the most overlooked type, in my opinion. Even Venusaur is used because of its Grass type and ability to abuse Chlorophyll in Sunny Day, which makes it beast/uber. Poison-type reason? Not a clue.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here