The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?
Ho-oh. 3 37.50%
Reshiram. 5 62.50%
It could be either way. 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old February 14th, 2012 (08:08 PM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
The answer to the quiz, I think.
Spoiler:
V-Create, a move learned by only Victini.

I hope it's right!
__________________
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

  #52    
Old February 14th, 2012 (08:24 PM).
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
The answer to the quiz, I think.
Spoiler:
V-Create, a move learned by only Victini.

I hope it's right!
Sorry, you're wrong. The question clearly mentions 'non STAB move', so Psychic and Fire moves are invalid.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #53    
Old February 14th, 2012 (08:41 PM).
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Yes, Ho-Oh is a Phoenix, the way it shines in the anime pretty much proves it.....

To the quiz I did answer the question and I wasn't sure if you got the answer? I'll re-post it again...
Spoiler:
Hyper Beam and/or Giga Impact at Base Power 150....


If not, I'm very much interested to see who gets this right.
__________________
battle server MOD // paired to Sanguine & Synerjee // rival of Denny Hamlin
  #54    
Old February 14th, 2012 (08:54 PM).
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Yes, Ho-Oh is a Phoenix, the way it shines in the anime pretty much proves it.....

To the quiz I did answer the question and I wasn't sure if you got the answer? I'll re-post it again...
Spoiler:
Hyper Beam and/or Giga Impact at Base Power 150....


If not, I'm very much interested to see who gets this right.
Sorry, your answer's also wrong. I did notice your 1st post. I thought I wouldn't clutter the thread replying to every answer.

All this Phoenix talk is making me wonder; if Ho-oh's the phoenix, what's Moltres? A fried chicken?
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #55    
Old February 14th, 2012 (09:10 PM).
d4rka8isz's Avatar
d4rka8isz
Is Confused.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Totally fried chicken. And Ho-oh is a Thanksgiving turkey.

EDIT: Figured it out.
Spoiler:
Reversal
__________________

Challenges in progress:
Monotype Rock
Boldore Lv. 33 Dwebble Lv. 32 Tirtouga Lv. 32
I need to update faster...
  #56    
Old February 14th, 2012 (09:18 PM).
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rka8isz View Post
Totally fried chicken. And Ho-oh is a Thanksgiving turkey.

EDIT: Figured it out.
Reversal
Right you are, ma'am!

BTW I've heard that if you call Ho-oh names, the legendary beasts will come out of the tall grass and Roar at you.

Hmmm, that can be a good way to catch them. Maybe I should post this in a cheat site, I'm sure many HGSS players are dying to try it .
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #57    
Old February 14th, 2012 (09:19 PM). Edited February 14th, 2012 by Sector.
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post

All this Phoenix talk is making me wonder; if Ho-oh's the phoenix, what's Moltres? A fried chicken?
I think Ho-Oh resembles a Peacock too even though it's a Phoenix-like bird itself.

Moltres is a large bird with flame-colored plumage, resembling a Phoenix
.

Guess it's safe to say we have two Phoenix birds after all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rka8isz View Post
Totally fried chicken. And Ho-oh is a Thanksgiving turkey.

EDIT: Figured it out.
Spoiler:
Reversal
Ahh congrats. I was about to say the same typing attack (Final Gambit) but you already got it.
__________________
battle server MOD // paired to Sanguine & Synerjee // rival of Denny Hamlin
  #58    
Old February 14th, 2012 (09:26 PM).
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Yeah, let's just agree that Game Freak got out of ideas and made 2 phoenix Pokemon. They were pretty similar from the start. IIRC, in the 3rd or 4th episode of the anime Ash refers to a Moltres's picture as that of the Pokemon he saw, which was actually Ho-oh.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #59    
Old February 14th, 2012 (09:30 PM).
Xeberos's Avatar
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland, Espoo
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Let's say they both are fried chickens. :D Hard to say which one is phoenix because Moltres has the flames but Ho-Oh look pretty awesome.
__________________
Pair: Snivy063 <333
Best friend: AlexOzzyCake <333
Owner of the Dawn Fan Club
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
  #60    
Old February 14th, 2012 (09:45 PM).
d4rka8isz's Avatar
d4rka8isz
Is Confused.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Mmmm... Yeah, rainbow turkey does look tasty awesome interesting. I'd say Moltres is better looking only because of the flames. But I wouldn't like to have either one as a pet... Burn the house down...
__________________

Challenges in progress:
Monotype Rock
Boldore Lv. 33 Dwebble Lv. 32 Tirtouga Lv. 32
I need to update faster...
  #61    
Old February 14th, 2012 (10:02 PM).
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rka8isz View Post
Mmmm... Yeah, rainbow turkey does look tasty awesome interesting. I'd say Moltres is better looking only because of the flames. But I wouldn't like to have either one as a pet... Burn the house down...
As my siggy suggests, I'd prefer fiery hot wings to rainbow turkey anyday. But that's just me.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #62    
Old February 14th, 2012 (10:22 PM).
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post


As my siggy suggests, I'd prefer fiery hot wings to rainbow turkey anyday. But that's just me.
Mm...I like Ho-Oh because of its Sacred Fire attack. But looks/Sprites?

VS

I just really do not like Ho-Oh's Sprite here...trying to hustle somewhere? Mhm.

Moltres does have my favorite sprite among everyone else also. Definite winner.
__________________
battle server MOD // paired to Sanguine & Synerjee // rival of Denny Hamlin
  #63    
Old February 16th, 2012 (02:49 AM).
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
☼ Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?

Arcanine or Growlithe can be good pets as they are very loyal. Arcanine if you prefer a big and strong pet, Growlithe if you want a small and cute one. Chimchar can also be a good pet I think. It's so cute and you can probably have a lot of fun with him.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #64    
Old February 16th, 2012 (10:20 AM).
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
☼ Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?

Arcanine or Growlithe can be good pets as they are very loyal. Arcanine if you prefer a big and strong pet, Growlithe if you want a small and cute one. Chimchar can also be a good pet I think. It's so cute and you can probably have a lot of fun with him.
You've said it, but let's not rule out Ponyta/Rapidash.

Them country gals and boys would like to do some horseback riding too!

I personally would love to have a pet Fox, if it's legal, so Ninetales/Vulpix to the rescue!


__________________
battle server MOD // paired to Sanguine & Synerjee // rival of Denny Hamlin
  #65    
Old February 16th, 2012 (10:42 AM).
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Yeah, riding a Rapidash would be great, as long as it promises not to set my, uh, *sensitive parts* on fire '. That fiery mane sure seems scary now!
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #66    
Old February 16th, 2012 (10:45 AM).
Xeberos's Avatar
Xeberos
Friendship is Magic <3
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland, Espoo
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I say Growlithe. It is like normal dog but it's Pokémon! It's small and fiery, it's powerful and fast. What else you want from pet?
__________________
Pair: Snivy063 <333
Best friend: AlexOzzyCake <333
Owner of the Dawn Fan Club
Co-Owner of The Cute Pokemon Club
  #67    
Old February 16th, 2012 (10:49 AM).
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post
Yeah, riding a Rapidash would be great, as long as it promises not to set my, uh, *sensitive parts* on fire '. That fiery mane sure seems scary now!

In the anime when Rapidash first showed in, didn't Ash had to gain its trust for him to be able to sit on its fiery back? Guess you have to make it trust you to keep your...*sensitive parts*...from getting burnt haha


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeberos View Post
I say Growlithe. It is like normal dog but it's Pokémon! It's small and fiery, it's powerful and fast. What else you want from pet?
Well if you want a very cuddly animal, I'd say Flareon is best for that!
__________________
battle server MOD // paired to Sanguine & Synerjee // rival of Denny Hamlin
  #68    
Old February 16th, 2012 (10:58 AM).
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
In the anime when Rapidash first showed in, didn't Ash had to gain its trust for him to be able to sit on its fiery back? Guess you have to make it trust you to keep your...*sensitive parts*...from getting burnt haha
I rather catch a bus.

I don't know why, but I find both fire monkeys Chimchar and Pansear irresistably cute. So I'd definitely prefer to cuddle one of them, preferably Chimchar as the other one wouldn't hear my calls and commands.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #69    
Old February 16th, 2012 (09:04 PM).
curiousnathan's Avatar
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Mm...I like Ho-Oh because of its Sacred Fire attack. But looks/Sprites?

VS

I just really do not like Ho-Oh's Sprite here...trying to hustle somewhere? Mhm.

Moltres does have my favorite sprite among everyone else also. Definite winner.
I love Ho-oh as it is quite nostalgic to me as it was the first ever legendary pokemon I obtained, however, I wish the sprite was more elegant as it represented in the games and anime. Like you mentioned, Ho-oh looks like its rushing somewhere, and to me, it seems as though its trying really hard to stay airborne, which for me doesn't represetn grace, elegance.

So based of this, Moltres, I do prefer in this case based on their sprites.' Not as them as Pokemon however.
__________________
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
  #70    
Old February 16th, 2012 (11:17 PM). Edited February 16th, 2012 by Avishka.
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka
Busy.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Which Fire Pokemon would make the best real-world pet?
Arcanine,he looks so brave and strong, yet cuddly, and fierce and it can run with extreme speed :P

__________________
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

  #71    
Old February 17th, 2012 (09:40 PM).
Jayster23's Avatar
Jayster23
A Promise To Return
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Straya
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Charizard, simply because of the fact that it can fly! If you're running late for school Charizard will get you there fast as and it's also a babe magnet i mean how many other kids have a Charizard? Also if someone were to rob your house they'll turn around once they see that beast of a Pokemon

One problem is you wouldn't have much area to keep it in a standard neighbourhood house, so you may need to move up to the mountains and keep it in a cave :/
__________________
FC: 4441-9989-0344
FS: Tangela | Swadloon | Quilladin
IGN: Jayden
  #72    
Old February 18th, 2012 (04:55 AM).
Evanlyn's Avatar
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The TARDIS
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Name- Evanlyn
Starter- Bob the Charmander
Reason for joining- Cause fire pokemon are just awesome. I dunno, I always seem to think that fire pokemon just look better and are stronger and stuff :)

☼ Which Fire type starter is the best? Charmander all the way
☼ Which is your favourite Fire type move? I like flamethrower, it doesn't miss!
__________________
  #73    
Old February 18th, 2012 (05:04 AM). Edited February 18th, 2012 by Sayan.
Sayan's Avatar
Sayan
is tightening its focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: India
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanlyn View Post
Name- Evanlyn
Starter- Bob the Charmander
Reason for joining- Cause fire pokemon are just awesome. I dunno, I always seem to think that fire pokemon just look better and are stronger and stuff

☼ Which Fire type starter is the best? Charmander all the way
☼ Which is your favourite Fire type move? I like flamethrower, it doesn't miss!
Welcome to the club, Evanlyn! You're the 1st one to choose a starter that hasn't reached it's final stage of evolution.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #74    
Old February 18th, 2012 (06:25 AM).
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka
Busy.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
welcome to the club, Evanlyn!!
__________________
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

  #75    
Old February 18th, 2012 (03:40 PM).
Evanlyn's Avatar
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The TARDIS
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan View Post


Welcome to the club, Evanlyn! You're the 1st one to choose a quarter that hasn't reached it's final stage of evolution.
Thanks
Wow, the first one, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avishka View Post
welcome to the club, Evanlyn!!
Thanks!
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.