• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help in finding 6th Pokemon

J1KTheGamer

Peace For All
Years
hi so my TEAM OF DOOM AND DESPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR! needs a 6th member but idk who to put i need an eletric pokemon but idk which any suggestions?
my current team
Rayquaza lv.100
Earthquake
Overheat
Outrage
Fly
Metagross lv.66
Hammer Arm
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Hyperbeam
Hydreigon lv.70
Hyper Voice
DragonBreath
Flamethrowe
Focus Blast
Haxorus lv.99
Outrage
Focus Blast
Guillotine
Giga Impact
Sceptile lv.57
X-Scissor
Leaf Blade
Earthquake
SolarBeam
????????? lv.??(no its not MissingNO)
:P

PS: move suggestions are also apreciated :)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well you have a lot of dragons which could be an issue for you, especially against fast dragons like Latios. You could go for Magnezone (aka evolve Magneton), since it's electric as you wanted, and it can trap steels, and it can also resist dragon attacks, and as it is, I don't think Metagross is enough to resist those dragons and ice too, which is also an issue for your dragons. Either way, you're better off listing your movesets too so we can give you even more help with your team!

J1KTheGamer

Peace For All
Years
Well you have a lot of dragons which could be an issue for you, especially against fast dragons like Latios. You could go for Magnezone (aka evolve Magneton), since it's electric as you wanted, and it can trap steels, and it can also resist dragon attacks, and as it is, I don't think Metagross is enough to resist those dragons and ice too, which is also an issue for your dragons. Either way, you're better off listing your movesets too so we can give you even more help with your team!
hmm thx for suggestion posting moves nao :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Totally was meant to get to this earlier but never got around to it, so yeaaah posting move suggestions now! Considering your levels, my comments should still be fine & apply thanks to the move relearner, lol.

Okay so for Sceptile, Leaf Blade and Earthquake are okay IF you're using Swords Dance. You'll need to get that from the move relearner, but considering the fact that its special stat is much higher, you'll definitely benefit from the Swords Dance boost - just team that up with life Orb and you'll be good, if not, then leftovers will be good. Go for Rock Slide also so you can cover fire types, etc and EQ for steels you can't really do much else to otherwisel. Plus Solarbeam is a two-turn attack and unless you have a sun team then generally it doesn't fit on any Pokemon.

For Rayquaza, consider Dragon Dance > Fly since you won't be flying around much post-game and boosting your stats is better than having a filler move.

On Metagross, Hyperbeam is a bad attack, since you end up wasting a turn, and it isn't STAB so it doesn't do much. If you wanna swap things around, go for Agility so you don't lose speed @ Hammer Arm, and replace Hammer Arm with Earthquake, which covers pretty much the same things.

On Haxorus, go for Dragon Dance to boost your stats, Focus Blast and Guillotine don't really help, mainly because Brick Break is a much more effective attack since it can break screens and is physical compared to special - aka Focus Blast which has worse accuracy. Giga Impact is as bad as Hyper Beam, leaving you immobile for one turn. Go for Earthquake and X-Scissor for coverage over other things such as steels/psychic types pretty much.

On Hydreigon, Hyper Voice doesn't really do much since you'd much rather all-out attack. Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse are more effective for it since the power is pretty good + Dark Pulse, so you have both STABs covered.

Aaand that's about all! Need to relearn a few moves a bit though ;x

Back