• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I finally finished fixing Battle Tower! I list here the codes alterations, more details you can find on wikia:

In PokeBattle_AI change the line "pbRegisterMove(index,i,false)" to "pbRegisterMove(index,i)"
In PokemonOrgBattle, change "return pbInProgress? && (challenge<0 || @currentChallenge==challenge)" to "return pbInProgress? && (challenge>0 || @currentChallenge==challenge)". In PokemonOrgBattleRules, after the first "def pbCancel" put "$Trainer.party=@oldParty if @oldParty!=nil".
In PokemonOrgBattleRules change the line "adj1=getTheirAdjustment(team2,team1)" to "adj2=getTheirAdjustment(team2,team1)"
In PokemonOrgBattleRules, after "if exp && team1.exp!=exp" put the line "team1.exp=exp", and after "if exp && team2.exp!=exp" put the line "team2.exp=exp"
In Show choices in Battle Tower event, put after the "Cancel" lines the "Exit Event Processing".
In PokemonOrgBattle, change "if challenge.wins==1" to "if challenge.decision==1"
In PokemonOrgBattle change line "pbBattleChallenge.setParty(ret)" to "pbBattleChallenge.setParty(ret) if ret!=nil"
In PokemonScreen change line "[email protected](_INTL("Do what with {1}?",pkmn.name),commands)" (the first one) to "[email protected](_INTL("Do what with {1}?",pkmn.name),commands) if pkmn!=nil"
The error of the Battle Tower results event won't display results occurs because of battle tower split for "Level 50" and "Open level", put this event isn't updated. Change the '(0)' on event script to '("towersingle")' to display single level 50 results or to '("towersingleopen")' to display single open level results. To double records change '(1)' on event script to '("towerdouble")' to display double level 50 results or to '("towerdoubleopen")' to display double open level results.

If the player is given a move route in an event, they can hold shift/the button for running and run during those movement events, which looks kind of silly and feels unintentional.
I have noticed this even in Poccil versions. Any fix?

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Managed to fix the previous error I was getting by upgrading to the latest version of essentials.

So I tried adding in some new pokémon, but when I go to reposition the sprites using the editor, I get this error come up.
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonSpritePos:62:in `refresh'
PokemonSpritePos:181:in `pbSpecies'
PokemonSpritePos:174:in `loop'
PokemonSpritePos:194:in `pbSpecies'
PokemonSpritePos:300:in `pbStart'
PokemonSpritePos:299:in `loop'
PokemonSpritePos:307:in `pbStart'
EditorMain:236:in `pbEditorMenu'
EditorMain:234:in `pbFadeOutIn'
EditorMain:234:in `pbEditorMenu'
The editor then closes completely.

Also, when I enter battles, the battle screen is completely black, the name frames and text box are the only things that appear.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Using the newest build of essentials (January 28th), if you capture a Pokémon you haven't caught before (So if shows their Pokédex page), this happens:

aosso9.jpg

Notice the background is not appearing.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Hi!

I have moved all my project to the new version but I have problems:
My Pokemon do not obtain experience. Why? I do not know like correct it

Also when I plant a Berry and touch the key "A":

Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: TypeError

Message: Section139:380:in `[]'no implicit conversion from nil to integer

***Full script:

pbBerryPlant

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
Compiler:380:in `[]'
PokemonItems:26:in `pbGetPocket'
PokemonBag:748:in `pbQuantity'
PokemonBerryPlants:333:in `pbBerryPlant'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1592:in `eval'
Interpreter:1592:in `command_355'
Interpreter:493:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:275:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Using the newest build of essentials (January 28th), if you capture a Pokémon you haven't caught before (So if shows their Pokédex page), this happens:

aosso9.jpg

The same thing.

Last edited:

SkyLink

"Mother-of-Pearl" Developer
Years
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Game_Character_1:197:in `screen_z'
Sprite_Character:131:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:430:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:179:in `update'
Sprite_Character:37:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'
PerspectiveTilemap:424:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:152:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:167:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:167:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
Spriteset_Map:166:in `each'

From a simple Transfer Player Event.

Compile Data^^

EDIT:

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years

aosso9.jpg

That was a silly mistake on my part. Go into PokemonPokedex, and find def pbStartDexEntryScene. Find the following line and delete the two red letters:

Code:
@sprites["dexentry"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokedexentry[COLOR=Red]bg[/COLOR]")

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Hi!

I have moved all my project to the new version but I have problems:
My Pokemon do not obtain experience. Why? I do not know like correct it

Also when I plant a Berry and touch the key "A":

Already me the planted berries work. It happened because I had the item WALMETPAIL instead of SPRAYDUCK.

But... the error continues happening of not being able to obtain experience. :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
I ran into a strange error with the newest version. It is not something that produces an error message. I'm not sure if it was in any other versions, as this is the first one I downloaded (jan. 28th)

Basically, I've been remaking the Generation I games, and I haven't got far. Anyway, In the route next to viridian city, you can encounter wild Nidoran males and females.

If you switch to a different pokemon when you encounter a wild Nidoran, the Nidoran's attacks will be errr...off time, for the rest of the battle. It will still display the message, such as "Wild Nidoran used peck" or "Wild Nidoran used scratch" but the attack will never play an animation or cause damage, nor will it say that the attack missed.

I have confirmed this happens in multiple locations and when switching to various different Pokemon. It only seems to happen with the Nidorans too. all others seem to work fine so far.

The only thing that seems to break the cycle, other than defeating the Nidoran (rather easy when they can't cause damage), is the random chance of the Nidoran using their other move (growl/leer). These moves connect correctly and seem to break out of the error.

I know this error is obscure and somewhat unimportant, but I have no idea how to fix it, and it is kind of irritating.

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
having trouble with the audio of the battles and the wild battles and sound effects. the volume it too low how do you change it so its normal sound like the out of battle audio?

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I've got a problem with the latest version of Essentials. Everytime I play test my project within RMXP the Debug menu keeps popping up. This only happens when I play test it from within RMXP, not when I execute game.exe .

I hope anyone can help me.

Maruno

Years
having trouble with the audio of the battles and the wild battles and sound effects. the volume it too low how do you change it so its normal sound like the out of battle audio?
I've fixed that for the next release.

I've got a problem with the latest version of Essentials. Everytime I play test my project within RMXP the Debug menu keeps popping up. This only happens when I play test it from within RMXP, not when I execute game.exe .

I hope anyone can help me.
Have you changed anything in Essentials? That doesn't happen in the base version.

I really think this thread should only be for bugs that appear in clean copies of the latest version of Essentials. If the error happens because you've done something to it, then you can make a question thread about it instead.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I have changed no scripts involving the Debug Menu. Only PokemonField and PokemonPokedex are changed. I can eventually send the changes to you via PM.

EDIT: I've got the same error with a clean version of Essentials.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
I hate to badger you, but do you have any ideas on the nidoran thing? because I found out a few more details.

It even happens when the nidoran is on your own team. I.e. I switch to my nidoran female and scratch no longer works right, but if nidoran is the first pokemon to come out, it doesn't happen.

Same thing still applies to Nidoran male too with peck.

I know it it shouldn't be this frustrating to me, but it is a very consistent glitch. If not 100% than a large majority of the time the conditions are met.

To sum up how to recreate the glitch:
-Get into a battle with a Nidoran(male or female).
-The Nidoran can be an enemy, or on your team.
-Switch pokemon during this battle.

Result: Nidoran Female's scratch no longer works correctly/Nidoran's peck no longer works correctly(the text is displayed but the move never launches, no animation or damage or message about missing). Growl and Leer are unaffected by the glitch.

Hope this helps narrow it down for you.
I looked the the PBS files for the pokemon and the file for moves to look for anything that stood out in comparison to others but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
I hate to badger you, but do you have any ideas on the nidoran thing? because I found out a few more details.

It even happens when the nidoran is on your own team. I.e. I switch to my nidoran female and scratch no longer works right, but if nidoran is the first pokemon to come out, it doesn't happen.

I know it it shouldn't be this frustrating to me, but it is a very consistent glitch. If not 100% than a large majority of the time the conditions are met.

Result: Nidoran Female's scratch no longer works correctly/Nidoran's peck no longer works correctly(the text is displayed but the move never launches, no animation or damage or message about missing). Growl and Leer are unaffected by the glitch.

I looked the the PBS files for the pokemon and the file for moves to look for anything that stood out in comparison to others but couldn't find anything.

I have proved it in the previous version and there the same thing does not happen. But if it happens in the current version, it is something very rare. :paranoid:

Btw, I found a bug in the current version (and in the previous version), the move Curse it does not work in ghosts.

Maruno

Years
I have changed no scripts involving the Debug Menu. Only PokemonField and PokemonPokedex are changed. I can eventually send the changes to you via PM.

EDIT: I've got the same error with a clean version of Essentials.
I don't get that error with a clean version of Essentials. It looks like you're the only one, because no one else has complained. I can't do anything about it.

I've replicated in this problem, using the following set-up:

- My team is NidoranF (Lv40) and NidoranM (Lv40). Both were generated at Lv10 for their movesets, then Debugged to Lv40 to survive battles.
- Get into trainer battle against Geodude, switch immediately to NidoranM.
- Peck doesn't work, not even after using another move.

I tried the same the other way around, but Scratch did work.

I'll have to look into it, because I'm not sure what the problem could be.

EDIT: The Nidoran that cause the problem have the ability Rivalry. The code for that ability is wrong. In PokeBattle_Move, go to line 389 and replace if agender==ogender with if attacker.gender==opponent.gender.

I told you I don't check these things!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
Thank you so much! I'll go see if it works now.

Edit: Sorry but, PokeBattle_move is not one of the PBS files. where is it and how to I edit it?

Edit 2: Nevermind, I'm an idot, I didn't even realize you could edit the scripts from that menu in RPG Maker XP. I'm all set now, Just gotta test if it works.

Last edited:

Nerameshu

Regional Explorer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 13, 2012
Amateur Needs Help Again.

This time, I have an error occur when I attempt to enter a particular room.

The message:
Spoiler:

tasmania12

Mewtwo Master
Years
Name Input Error

This Error happened when i selected new game and went to the input name screen. It also happened when I caught a Pokemon and wanted to name it.

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Section081:1274:in `pbUpdate'undefined method `update' for Mouse:Module

***Full script:

pbTrainerName

PokemonTextEntry:1188:in `pbStartScene'

PokemonTextEntry:1188:in `pbFadeInAndShow'

SpriteWindow:1619:in `each'

SpriteWindow:1619:in `pbFadeInAndShow'

SpriteWindow:1618:in `pbDeactivateWindows'

SpriteWindow:1522:in `pbActivateWindow'

SpriteWindow:1522:in `pbDeactivateWindows'

SpriteWindow:1618:in `pbFadeInAndShow'

PokemonTextEntry:1188:in `pbStartScene'

Interpreter:275:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Troy\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Did i do something wrong? How can i stop getting this error when at a name input screen?

Back