The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:26 AM
wierddude22
New hacker

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to wierddude22 Send a message via Skype™ to wierddude22
does anyone have a list of fanfares?
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:07 PM
quickpokemon
Beginning Trainer

I'm in the process of making my first hack. (been working on it for a couple months now.) I have a question with rock smash. I noticed all the scripts in Advance Map for the rocks were the same so I copied one and went on my way adding rock along certain routes where I wanted them. My problem is after using rock smash on the rock, it comes right back up (doesn't stay smashed) the player is still able to walk on it and off. So I guess it isn't a major problem. But why is this?
Old February 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickpokemon View Post
I'm in the process of making my first hack. (been working on it for a couple months now.) I have a question with rock smash. I noticed all the scripts in Advance Map for the rocks were the same so I copied one and went on my way adding rock along certain routes where I wanted them. My problem is after using rock smash on the rock, it comes right back up (doesn't stay smashed) the player is still able to walk on it and off. So I guess it isn't a major problem. But why is this?
You may have noticed something called the "Person ID" in Advance Map. When you click on a person event, it pulls up everything about them. Immediately below the script offset, you'll see Person ID. This basically controls if the person is permanently hidden or not. Rock Smash boulders have to have a value inputted into this. In the original games, these can be any numbers from 11 to 1F. Cut trees use the same concept. Also, each Rock Smash boulder and Cut tree that is on the same map must have a different Person ID. This basically means that you can have a maximum of 15 Cut trees and/or Rock Smash rocks. So, putting one of those numbers in the Person ID should take care of the problem.

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old February 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM
quickpokemon
Beginning Trainer

thanks! you helped me get it figured out! :D
Old February 18th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Kaioken
FireRed

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaioken Send a message via Skype™ to Kaioken
Hey does anyone know where I can get recoloured Pokemon sprites such as the 'shadow' Lugia on Youtube, I've been looking for a while now, but all I can seem to find is hacked Trainer sprites which isn't really what I'm looking for.
Old February 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM
~Hot n' Cold~
is too good for a title.

Nature: Naive
The Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends thread is closed but most of you have probably played it so I have a question: In Thin Forest, I feel like there might be with the more or the emulator, because I keep running into shinies. I have found two shiny Starly, six shiny Cherubi, and a shiny Munchlax as well as a shiny Horsea. It hasn't happened anywhere else, only there?
Old February 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

Nature: Bold
Quote:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x1003
if 0x0 goto 0x8804B82
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x804B82
lock
msgbox 0x8804BB5 MSG_NORMAL '"Excuse me, Sir. I need to tell you..."
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8804BE5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8804BEE MSG_NORMAL '"Good morning sir. Todays agenda\ns..."
setflag 0x82F
setflag 0x829
special 0x181
setvar 0x407C 0x1
setflag 0x1003
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x804BB5
= Excuse me, Sir. I need to tell you\nsomething.

#org 0x804BEE
= Good morning sir. Todays agenda\nstarts with your training with the\lMaster Guardsmen. Also your\lpackage arrived today, here you\lgo.\pObtain a Pokedex.\pObtained Running Shoes

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x804BE5
#raw 0x10 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x13 'Step Right (Normal)
#raw 0x1 'Face Up
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements
For some reason, even though the pokedex appears, I cannot click on it i.e it's not activated even though I used the special 0x181 command.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old February 19th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Reygok
Beginning Hacker

Hi, I have a very small question:

Is it possible to make pokémon in the wild extremely rare? If I only use them one time in the Wild Pokémon Tab in A-Map, they are still very common. In the official games, however, some are really hard to find.

Thanks in advance for answers.
Reygok
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:36 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Before I answer questions, I have to ask mine first: Does anyone know the offset where the amount of money the player has is stored? I need to know if I can just grab something from the memory, or if I have to create a custom script to figure that out. Now, answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
For some reason, even though the pokedex appears, I cannot click on it i.e it's not activated even though I used the special 0x181 command.
Which version are you hacking? I've never seen Special 0x181 used before, but I'm hacking Firered, so that might be why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reygok View Post
Hi, I have a very small question:

Is it possible to make pokémon in the wild extremely rare? If I only use them one time in the Wild Pokémon Tab in A-Map, they are still very common. In the official games, however, some are really hard to find.

Thanks in advance for answers.
Reygok
In the version of A-map I own, it has a list of the percentages next to the wild Pokemon slots. But if yours doesnt, for the grass Pokemon, the percentages are 20%, 20%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 5%, 5%, 4%, 4%, 1%, 1%, from the top of the list to the bottom, respectively. There's no real way to make something appear in less than 1% of all wild battles.

Old February 19th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbedsole View Post
How do I write a script where a person stops the player on sight to give them an item and then a message is said? If you watch the video you will notice I moved the script boxes for prof. oak so he obviously won't come directly to the player so I need a script that will bring him to the player and have the player follow him to the lab as you can see in the picture following the yellow line
You can't request for a script to be made for you but it was good that you ask "How" first. If you need to learn how to script you can learn from Diego's Scripting Tutorial for XSE. There should be sections for you to understand what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierddude22 View Post
does anyone have a list of fanfares?
I'm guessing you mean the sounds of the ROM, correct? Well there is a documentation of the sounds here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioken View Post
Hey does anyone know where I can get recoloured Pokemon sprites such as the 'shadow' Lugia on Youtube, I've been looking for a while now, but all I can seem to find is hacked Trainer sprites which isn't really what I'm looking for.
Well if you are looking specifically for the Shadow Lugia then you can find then anywhere on Google or DeviantArt like this.
If you are trying to refer to "shiny" pokemon you can find many at The Spriter's Resource or also on Google.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old February 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Kaioken
FireRed

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaioken Send a message via Skype™ to Kaioken
That would be perfect, although I'm looking for the sprites to insert into my Pokemon Black game, any idea how it's done?
Old February 19th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioken View Post
That would be perfect, although I'm looking for the sprites to insert into my Pokemon Black game, any idea how it's done?
If you are referring to the Pokemon Black for DS then there will be some complications. Not many tools have been made for it and editing pokemon sprites in it is complicated. Especially since they are animated.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Reygok
Beginning Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post

In the version of A-map I own, it has a list of the percentages next to the wild Pokemon slots. But if yours doesnt, for the grass Pokemon, the percentages are 20%, 20%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 10%, 5%, 5%, 4%, 4%, 1%, 1%, from the top of the list to the bottom, respectively. There's no real way to make something appear in less than 1% of all wild battles.
Ahh thank you man, that's useful. In my versioun these percentages are not shown, but that's exactly what I meant, thanks

And just out of curiousity, which version do you have? Mine is 1.92, and I was told it's the latest one ??

Last edited by Reygok; February 20th, 2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:34 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ahh thank you man, that's useful. In my versioun these percentages are not shown, but that's exactly what I meant, thanks :)

And just out of curiousity, which version do you have? Mine is 1.92, and I was told it's the latest one ??
There has been a beta for 1.95 out for a while now. It doesn't have a world map editor at this point, but there are several other features that differentiate it from 1.92. Check it out if you want to see what you can do with it.
Old February 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Reygok
Beginning Hacker

Thanks DrFuji

I have a new question, I can't get nicknaming to work.
I tried "call 0x1A74EB" from diegoisawesome's tutorial, but the game just freezes there. Then I tried special 0x166, but here my pokémon is not shown in the name editing screen. I presume this needs additional variables for selecting which pokémon has the name changed?

And I have huge problems with flags, the ones I use don't work, i tried 5000, 7000, 8000. Which ones are completely safe?

Thanks in advance,
Reygok

Last edited by Reygok; February 20th, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:47 AM
BDHORNZ
Beginning Trainer

I have a question which came in my mind yesterday.is it possible to play hacks online? I want to play pokemon b/w online and I am playing Blaze Black(a b/w hack),so can I just play online with normal b/w players even though I play a hack??
Old February 20th, 2012, 05:50 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

How do you activate the pokedex, once it's unlocked, for fire red.

ROM Hacking was getting frustrating for me. I've now stopped productions and writing the game from scratch in HTML 5.

That means it will be playable in the browser, and across multiple devices such as the iPod touch.
Old February 20th, 2012, 07:09 AM
redriders180

Quote:
Thanks DrFuji

I tried "call 0x1A74EB" from diegoisawesome's tutorial, but the game just freezes there. Then I tried special 0x166, but here my pokémon is not shown in the name editing screen. I presume this needs additional variables for selecting which pokémon has the name changed?

And I have huge problems with flags, the ones I use don't work, i tried 5000, 7000, 8000. Which ones are completely safe?

Thanks in advance,
Reygok
For your first question, Special 0x9E Opens up the nickname screen for Pokemon in the party. You must set the variable 0x8004 to whatever slot number the pokemon you want to nickname is at.

Edit: Special 0x166, which is the one you were using, is for nicknaming Pokemon that are in a box. Setting the box number to 0x800F and the slot of the pokemon in the box to 0x8010 will let you nickname a Pokemon in a box.

For your second question, none of the flags you tried are safe. In fact, the safest ones are the ones used in the game, i.e. 0x28-0x4BC. Flags below this point are usually temporary flags, and above that point they start messing with other stuff in the game. Here's a good list of all the flags in Firered....just consult that before you delegate flags, because some are automatically set, and some are used for stuff in game, like breeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdensElite View Post
How do you activate the pokedex, once it's unlocked, for fire red.
I don't think I understand what you mean. Simply setting the correct flag (0x829) shows the pokedex on the menu screen, and special 0x16F upgrades to the national dex. If its still not opening, I'm not sure what the problem might be. I think it only works if the player has had or seen a Pokemon before, so maybe thats the problem.

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:05 AM
EdensElite
No0b, but getting there.

Quote:
Thanks DrFuji

Thanks in advance,
Reygok
I also had this problem, are you using the hacked engine? because it deletes the script. Simply go into a blank fire red rom open XSE, copy the code, then open up the same script on your version, paste it in, then compile, try it now .

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Reygok
Beginning Hacker

Hm, new question again If I add an exclamtion mark as movement to an OW, in the game there is always a very tiny sound. How do I add this?

Thanks, Reygok
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hm, new question again :P If I add an exclamtion mark as movement to an OW, in the game there is always a very tiny sound. How do I add this?

Thanks, Reygok
That's made by using the 'sound' command, or more specifically by using 'sound 0x15'. Place it after the person has made the exclamation mark like so and it should work fine.

Code:
applymovement 0x1 @Move
waitmovement 0x0
sound 0x15
pause 0x20
applumovement 0x1 @MoveContinued
waitmovement 0x0

#org @Move
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @MoveContinued
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Gafl
Beginning Trainer

About how much extra music could be added to a Pokemon Ruby hack?
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:58 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafl View Post
About how much extra music could be added to a Pokemon Ruby hack?
Depends on how much other crap you want to put in there. If it's a purely music hack, then it should be around 1MB of all the .MIDI files.

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Gafl
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Depends on how much other crap you want to put in there. If it's a purely music hack, then it should be around 1MB of all the .MIDI files.
I see... I think. I'm sorry but I couldn't understand that last part. Did you mean 1MB for all of the .midi together or per?

Another question. How feasible is it to change the way how text is displayed? Like instead of you just going up to a person, talking to them and text appearing at the bottom of the screen you go up to a person, talk to them but the screen turns a bit dark and a picture of the main character and the person they're talking to appear while the pictures sometimes change to convey emotions? Like in other RPGs?
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:36 PM
BDHORNZ
Beginning Trainer

I have a question which came in my mind yesterday.is it possible to play hacks online? I want to play pokemon b/w online and I am playing Blaze Black(a b/w hack),so can I just play online
 with normal b/w players even though I play a hack??
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links