Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:50 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch

Advertise here
top | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | bottom

Intro

Pokémon Cyan is Firered hack located in the tropical archipelago of Celia, featuring a decision-based storyline, a mix of official Pokémon and high quality Fakemon and a brand new region with updated graphics among other things. It is also my second serious attempt at a hack so I'd love to hear any feedback you can offer on it.

Story

Team Rocket was once a powerful force in Kanto, until one day, a boy named Red defeated them in their base - Silph Co. and went on to defeat their leader again in his GYM. The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket disappeared into the shadows... 3 years later, they attacked the region of Johto and took their radio tower, but again, a boy named Gold defeated them. The last of Team Rocket finally dissolved and the regions were peaceful once again... until now... Giovanni has come back and resurrected Team Rocket from the grave, and launched an attack on the region of Celia. Pokémon have been mysteriously disappearing from Celia, what's happening to them? What are team rocket doing with them?

It's your 12th birthday, meaning you're finally allowed to go on a Pokémon Journey, just like you've always wanted to! You get a Pokémon and head out to earn badges, become a Pokémon Master, and collect all the Pokémon in the Pokédex! Whilst travelling through the Celia archipelago, you stumble upon team rocket attempting to catch Regice, one of the the legendary regis! You soon discover their plans, and it's up to you, whether to join team rocket and help them achieve their goals, or help the regis and save Celia from their plan! What will YOU choose?...

Features

• Explore the tropical and exotic Celia archipelago
  • The return of Dive and Whirlpool HMs
  • Many new Fakémon
  • 4th and 5th Gen Pokémon
  • Berry trees
  • Sidequests
  • New Music
  • Decision-based Storyline
  • New Moves/Abilities
  • Physical/Special Split
  • Updated Graphics
  • Custom ASM

Screenshots

F.A.Q

Q. When will the beta/alpha come out?
A. When it's done. Release dates aren't always going to be accurate.

Q. What happened to Elite Quest (my previous hack)?
A. I quit it because I wasn't happy with the quality of it.

Q. Do you need help?
A. The only thing I need help with currently is spriting.

Downloads

• Beta 1
    Length: 2 GYMs
    Release Date: 11/14/2013
    Download: [deleted]

Credits

Wichu
ORHplus
zein
WesleyFG
lalo0101
Javs
XDinky
Chaos Rush
Omega Zero
TheMarshlands
Truality
Manipulation
Icεy
Spherical Ice
DrFuji
P-Sign
TheGreatZekro
Flodgypleb
linkandzelda
giradialkia
11bayerf1
redriders180
Flandre Scarlet

Have I forgotten you? If so, PM or VM me. :)
top | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | bottom
Attached Files
File Type: rar Cyan Beta 2.rar‎ (850.0 KB, 3164 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by chrunch; July 28th, 2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Story doesn't really tell much but I like the screens.

EDIT: Will there be any other Fakemon? The Sudowoodo evolution looks nice

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC

Last edited by Crimson5M; February 5th, 2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:44 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
The story truly requires an improvement but "screenieswise", the hack seems to have potential.

By the way, is it going to be "collect gym badges and beat elite four storyline" or something completely different ? In case you're going with the regular one, make sure to add lots of special events or else it will feel like playing FireRed with new maps, tiles and stuff...
My Rom Hack

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
MegaKuriboh

Nature: Adamant
Looks pretty good, I like the first Fakémon, well designed.
I'd assume it is a Sudowoodo evolution but it's level 1.
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
That's probably just for testing or something.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Story doesn't really tell much but I like the screens.

EDIT: Will there be any other Fakemon? The Sudowoodo evolution looks nice
Thanks, and yes, there will be other fakemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
The story truly requires an improvement but "screenieswise", the hack seems to have potential.

By the way, is it going to be "collect gym badges and beat elite four storyline" or something completely different ? In case you're going with the regular one, make sure to add lots of special events or else it will feel like playing FireRed with new maps, tiles and stuff...
It'll be a collect the GYM badges hack, but there will be plenty of new features like the ones I listed in features, and some more.
Quote:
It was so I could test it.

Last edited by chrunch; May 6th, 2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Nature: Jolly
Like the others say the storyline doesn't say much but this looks promising. The tiles are neat. I the fakemon even if you didn't make it. I bet you'll be able to find/make more to make an excellent dex. Overall looking forward to more Chrunch!

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM
fanp
Pokemon Legacy Creator

I like your screens but what i really like is the fakemon(the evolution of sudowoodo).
You have to improve the story, i guess that was just a draft.
Old February 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Your tropical-based tiles and textbox are looking really great along with that Sudowodo evolution that everyone else has mentioned. I'm also looking forward to your implementation of Dive and Whirlpool in the FR engine. The one thing I can point out is that I think that the ledge in your sixth screen would look better if it were perfectly straight rather than bent as it will fit in with your style of mapping more. Oh and the story :x

While this hack is still fairly early in its development, there is nothing but good signs coming from what you've done so far. Good luck and keep up the work chrunch! :3
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:54 PM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
Looks great so far man! The tiles are awesome, and I'm looking forward to more fakemon. If you need any help with the story I'm just a VM away!

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old February 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Good to see you working on this. Hope to see updates soon! So there is going to be a road-fork somewhere along the play-through? (according to the storyline)

Oh, and will the neutral-pole fakemon that's like plusle/minun be included, too?
This is my December . . .
Old February 10th, 2012, 03:06 PM
chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
Like the others say the storyline doesn't say much but this looks promising. The tiles are neat. I the fakemon even if you didn't make it. I bet you'll be able to find/make more to make an excellent dex. Overall looking forward to more Chrunch! :)
Thanks! :) As I've said before, I'm working on the story to make it better. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanp View Post
I like your screens but what i really like is the fakemon(the evolution of sudowoodo).
You have to improve the story, i guess that was just a draft.
Thanks. :) The story was just an early version, and I didn't want to reveal that much about it, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Your tropical-based tiles and textbox are looking really great along with that Sudowodo evolution that everyone else has mentioned. I'm also looking forward to your implementation of Dive and Whirlpool in the FR engine. The one thing I can point out is that I think that the ledge in your sixth screen would look better if it were perfectly straight rather than bent as it will fit in with your style of mapping more. Oh and the story :x

While this hack is still fairly early in its development, there is nothing but good signs coming from what you've done so far. Good luck and keep up the work chrunch! :3
Thanks. I've actually already got the scripts for Dive and Whirlpool, I just have to insert them into the ROM. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3 View Post
Looks great so far man! The tiles are awesome, and I'm looking forward to more fakemon. If you need any help with the story I'm just a VM away!
Thanks. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truality View Post
Good to see you working on this. Hope to see updates soon! So there is going to be a road-fork somewhere along the play-through? (according to the storyline)

Oh, and will the neutral-pole fakemon that's like plusle/minun be included, too?
Yes, there will be a road-fork somewhere around the 5th/6th GYM badge, where you can choose to help the evil team capture the regi's or help the regi's. :) Probably, I just haven't got around to inserting that fakemon yet.

Mini-Updates!

This is just a little preview of what Glacier Island in the north of Celia will look like. *The map won't look like that in the game, it's a test map I made to show off the tiles.*

A big update is coming soon, including the fixed story, and much more! :)

Last edited by chrunch; May 6th, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old February 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

Looks nice.
I like the Fakemon, I hope to see more images of your fakemons in the future
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:40 PM
chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunky View Post
Looks nice.
I like the Fakemon, I hope to see more images of your fakemons in the future
Thanks.

I'm working on the story, and I'd like to know, what does everyone think of a split story? What this means is, at some point in the game, you'll get the choice to join team rocket and capture the regis, or help the regis. I was planning to implement it into the story I have on the thread, but I'd like to know everyone's opinion on whether I should include it or not. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion.
Old February 15th, 2012, 10:17 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Thanks. :)

I'm working on the story, and I'd like to know, what does everyone think of a split story? What this means is, at some point in the game, you'll get the choice to join team rocket and capture the regis, or help the regis. I was planning to implement it into the story I have on the thread, but I'd like to know everyone's opinion on whether I should include it or not. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion. :)
I think that is a really good idea as there aren't that many hacks that have a split storyline at the moment. In addition, if you're willing to put in the work to make noticeable differences as opposed to simple text changes between the storylines that would be even better.

Also, your snow tiles are looking pretty cool :)
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:07 AM
chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
I think that is a really good idea as there aren't that many hacks that have a split storyline at the moment. In addition, if you're willing to put in the work to make noticeable differences as opposed to simple text changes between the storylines that would be even better.

Also, your snow tiles are looking pretty cool :)
I'd definitely make the story split noticeable, like something similar to the scale of Ruby Destiny: LoG's split story, meaning completely different events, places, characters, etc. Text changes wouldn't be worth it. :/

Thanks. :)
--------------------------------------
Any more opinions on the split story, everyone? I want to make sure it's a good idea before I decide to implement it. Thanks! :D
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:29 AM
fanp
Pokemon Legacy Creator

Quote:
I'd definitely make the story split noticeable, like something similar to the scale of Ruby Destiny: LoG's split story, meaning completely different events, places, characters, etc. Text changes wouldn't be worth it. :/

Thanks.
--------------------------------------
Any more opinions on the split story, everyone? I want to make sure it's a good idea before I decide to implement it. Thanks! :D
i like the ideia of the split story, if it will be two differents ways to take, make sure that will have differents events and two original stories.In my opinion you should implement it to your hack.
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Icεy
PokeDimension Founder

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Thanks.

I'm working on the story, and I'd like to know, what does everyone think of a split story? What this means is, at some point in the game, you'll get the choice to join team rocket and capture the regis, or help the regis. I was planning to implement it into the story I have on the thread, but I'd like to know everyone's opinion on whether I should include it or not. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion.
This would be a great feature to add into your hack and would bolster replayability as well as the overall quality of the game itself. I'm really looking forward to this game, Chrunch, and not just because I'm the composer :p

私はいつも彼のことを考えていないかどうかを確認するために私を見て
ROM Hackers Online
RHO Social / romhack.me
Alternative History Wiki
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM
MegaKuriboh

Do split storylines. It's the reason LoG is my favorite ROM hack atm and why I will replay it many times over. Y'know, going on the "bad" side can be fun sometimes :]
Old February 18th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Nice hack graphics look great i hope to see more from you and hope to see you stick to this hack
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:15 PM
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Nature: Lax
This looks great I'm glad to see a hack with fakemon there haven't been to many lately
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:26 PM
chrunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanp View Post
i like the ideia of the split story, if it will be two differents ways to take, make sure that will have differents events and two original stories.In my opinion you should implement it to your hack.
Thanks for your opinion. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icεy View Post
This would be a great feature to add into your hack and would bolster replayability as well as the overall quality of the game itself. I'm really looking forward to this game, Chrunch, and not just because I'm the composer :p
Thanks. I probably will add a split story as it would boost the replayability, and everyone else seems to think it's a good idea.
Quote:
Do split storylines. It's the reason LoG is my favorite ROM hack atm and why I will replay it many times over. Y'know, going on the "bad" side can be fun sometimes :]
Yeah, going on the bad side sometimes can be fun. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
Nice hack graphics look great i hope to see more from you and hope to see you stick to this hack :P
Thanks. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
This looks great I'm glad to see a hack with fakemon there haven't been to many lately
Thanks, and there always will be Fakemon in my hacks. They're a great feature to add originality instead of the same Pokemon over and over.

Updates!

This isn't the big update yet, but I just thought I'd share with everyone a little preview of some music for a route in the game, composed by the amazing Icεy. :) To hear the rest of the new music, you'll have to play the game yourself when it comes out!

Last edited by chrunch; February 20th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:11 AM
Zeikaro
Beginning Trainer

to say this apparently promising hack like me you've stuck to one style to choose tiles xD, I hope soon more updates luck and success
Old March 4th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Roblodo looks great and the tiles look great, if a little bright.
There's not much to go on right now script and story-wise, but both look decent and I trust you're good enough to make something worthwhile.

I have to say though, I'm not a fan of two options -- well, not a fan of the two options you give the player. You've given the option become a Pokémon Master or help Team Rocket as if one cant be done without the other. And if you help them, who are the antagonists? Just something for you to think about. This has potential, good luck!

Last edited by Spherical Ice; April 26th, 2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: redacting cancer
Old March 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
How do you get Sinnoh Pokemon into your hack?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here