Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help
Reload this Page [FRLG] Need help with my team!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old February 20th, 2012 (04:12 PM).

I'm going to be battling someone soon on my firered, and i need help with my team.

Here it is:

Gengar
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Curse
Shadow Ball

Alakazam
Psychic
Calm Mind
Recover
Psybeam

Marowak
Bonemerang
Iron Tail
Brick Break
Rock Slide

Jolteon
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Iron Tail
Shadow Ball

Cloyster
Spikes
Ice Beam
Spike Cannon
Aurora Beam

Charizard
Fly
Flamethrower
Overheat
Smokescreen

Note: was thinking of replacing Gengar with a pokemon that can learn Agility and Baton pass

Please post any suggestions or ideas you have to make my team better.
Old February 20th, 2012 (08:50 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm well I will be moving this to in-game team help now. That's where you go when you need help with (surprise!) your in-game team.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old February 21st, 2012 (01:47 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Well on Alakazam, having two attacks of each type isn't really necessary, considering that Psychic is the superior one aka stronger/more useful. Instead, go for either Shadow Ball to hurt other Psychic types after CM as well as or you can consider Fire Punch to attack steels.

For Gengar, On Curse... cutting your HP doesn't really help since there are more effecient ways to stall the opponent's HP (aka Toxic but not on Gengar). On Dream Eater, Psychic coverage doesn't really help Gengar, and you're better relying on your main STAB. But since you're considering not using it, I do suggest Ninjask @ Swords Dance, Protect, Baton Pass and Silver Wind since you have a STAB, a Pokemon that can boost speed reliably + SD (due to its Speed Boost Ability).

Jolteon can't make use of Thunder unless it's on a team with Rain Dance, and doesn't need to status w/ t-wave. Instead, Thunderbolt can work with higher accuracy than Thunder, along with Hidden Power Ice (if you can't breed it, that's fine, but it'd help). ;x Iron Tail doesn't really do much since it's physical, but on the alternative you could always give it Baton Pass + Agility as a second baton passer for the filler two spots.

On Cloyster, give it Rapid Spin so it can spin away your friend's hazards and surf so that it has a secondary STAB, since Aurora Beam doesn't do much considering you already have Ice Beam.

On Charizard you only really need one of Overheat + Flamethrower, since you're only wasting a spot if you have both which do the same thing basically. It could go mixed with Swords Dance and Earthquake too, since Smokescreen doesn't do much if your opponent switches out.

On Marowak, Swords Dance > Iron Tail since the latter doesn't do much for it, while the former boosts its stats which is always good.

Good luck beating your friend either way!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)