Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
denash1

Nature: Relaxed
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Pokemon emerald difficult edition 0.70 (released on 01/01/2014)

Pokemon used as base:

Pokemon Emerald (U)

An introduction:

This project started as a personal project because i wanted a change and something new to play but sill wanted to stick to Pokemon. I wasn't interested in changing the graphics or the events themselves, but i had a big interest in trainers, there Pokemon, the gyms and there difficult (i found them to easy) and i wanted to finally catch all Pokemon and fully complete a Pokemon game. I started this project and over time not only edited the top 4 and all the trainers, but i also started to change where Pokemon would appear and so on. I edited there attacks as well as the Pokemon evolution (now trading is not necessary). I have done enough in my opinion to justify myself a first beta release of the game.

Features:

Spoiler:
A difficult game :D
All Pokemon obtainable
Some Pokemon type changes!
A lot of Pokemon are learning a lot of new attacks!! (some all the way up to level 100!)
In the wild there are stronger Pokemon so you can train your Pokemon a lot better now!
Gym leaders are stronger then before !
Elite 4 every trainer got 6 Pokemon AND! they are not monotype (e.g the first trainer does not have only dark type Pokemon but they got a lot of different Pokemon types now!)
Every single trainer has been edited!
3 different starters from before!
A few Pokemon are holding rare items now!
Also a lot of pokemarkt sell new items!
An few Pokemon which evolve using evolution stones will hold them now!
Every Pokemon even the legendary ones *should* have a Gender and can have an egg with certain Pokemon! (if i didn't make a mistake)
The Normans Gym does not have Normal Pokemon types anymore but another type now... (Thought normal type Pokemon for a gym was boring so changed it!)
The 8th Gym is now diverse type Pokemon so it will not have only water type anymore!

(For more changes read enhancement and bug fix sections!)

Evolution changes:

Spoiler:
All Trade evolution now evolve at lvl 56
Almost all Pokemon which needed a stone to evolve can now evolve using
the evolution stone as well as by lvl up (at lvl 56)
when slowpoke evolves have a free space (to obtain SLOWKING at lvl 37)
when Clamperl evolves have a free space (to obtain Huntail lvl 16)
When POLIWHIRL evoles have a free space (to Obtain POLITOED lvl 56)
Eevee evolves to Umbreon using Moonstone
Eevee evolves to Espeon lvl 16

Azurill lvl 16 to Marill
Marill lvl 46 to Azumarill

Bug fixes:

version 0.70

Elite 4 has been made a bit easier.
MAXIE The team magma leader actually should not have a mixed team, this was a mistake in earlier versions, now this has been fixed, he has mainly fire types now.

Spoiler:

version 0.61

Made Gyms mono-type again and a few minor fixes.

version 0.60

Fixed a LOT!! Of Pokemon with struggle,
changed a few move-sets,
gave Smeargle his move Sketch back!
(there is more i cant remember sry!)

version 0.50

Smeargle now learns sketch every 10 lvl again... sorry i removed the attack in all previous versions because i didn't know what it did....

version 0.41

Edited a trainer which crashed the game for some reason (fixed)

version 0.35

removed HM from shop as it can be picked up

version 0.31

a few Pokemon trainers' Pokemon didn't know any move and only used struggle AND a few Pokemon also learnt same attack twice.. both fixed!

version 15

Fixed all 2 vs 2 Pokemon battles as before 'version 15' opponent teams didn't work out e.g. one trainer had 2 Pokemon and the other had 4 when it was 2 vs 2 battle now both will have 4 etc.
Fixed route 117 as trainers were not edited before

Enhancements:

(version 70)

Starter Pokemon triangle changed to fire, water and plant, and depending on YOUR STARTER AND YOUR GENDER, the rivals team will be different each time.
Wally also changed to not suddenly change team for the final battle on victory road, but the Pokemon will change progressively.
The gym leaders are a bit weaker and do not have a Pokemon to counter their weaknesses anymore to keep it fair.

Spoiler:

(version 60)

Gym trainer placement reworked you can not walk past Pokemon trainers in gym anymore!!
Gym Pokemon type changes
Team aqua and magma Pokemon changes
(there is more i cant remember....)

(version 50)

implemented trainer nineteenct as a thank you for completing the game and for the feedback received!

(version 40)

Added a trainer with my username near the battle front... HE has my favorite 6 Pokemon with the same move-sets i used to have with them.
I changed the starters again because in the last version pichu was difficult to start with. (rival Pokemon changed to reflect these)
I also changed Wallace Pokemon move-sets because it was almost impossible to beat him.. I made him easier..
I changed the location of ALL Pokemon because of people's feedback (THX FOR IT!)

(version 35)

Added 4 VERY STRONG trainers near the entrance of battle frontier... they are good to train =) can find them in the area just look

(version 30)

A lot of trainer changes, Pokemon attack changes as well as a few type and Pokemon stats changes

(version 22)

Added a path from sootopolis Pokemon Center to the GYM! (now surf is not needed there!)
Also Made sure HM Strength can be picked up instead of it being sold at the pokeMarkt.

(Version 20)

Here the attack changes in version 0.20:

Spoiler:
Fly changed Power from 70 to 90
Bind has accuracy of 85 instead of 75
VINE WHIP 15 PP instead of 10
Jump Kick has 10 PP instead of 25 and Power is 100 instead of 70
Tackle has power of 50 instead of 40 and accuracy of 100 instead of 95
Scratch has power of 45 instead of 40
Wrap has accuracy of 90 instead of 85
Thrash has 10 PP instead of 20 and Power of 120 instead of 90
Disable has accuracy of 100% instead of 80%
Absorb has 25 PP instead of 20
Mega Drain has 15 PP instead of 10
Petal Dance has 10 PP instead of 20 and Power of 120 instead of 70
Fire Spin has Power of 35 instead of 15 and accuracy of 85 instead of 70
Dig has power of 80 instead of 60
Toxic has accuracy of 90 instead of 85
Recover has 10 PP instead of 20
Clamp has accuracy of 85 instead of 75
HI Jump kick has 10 PP instead of 20 and has Power of 100 120 instead of 85 and accuracy of 80 instead of 90
Glare has accuracy of 90 instead of 75
Poison gas has accuracy of 80 instead of 55
Flash has accuracy of 100 instead of 70
Crab hammer has accuracy of 90 instead of 85
Cotton spore has accuracy of 100 instead of 85
Scary face has accuracy of 100 instead of 90
Bone Rush has accuracy of 90 instead of 80
Outrage has power of 110 instead of 90 and accuracy of 90 instead of 100
Giga drain has 10 PP instead of 5 and power is 70 instead of 60
Fury cutter has Power of 20 instead of 10
Future sight has 10 PP instead of 15, power of 90 instead of 80 and accuracy of 95 instead of 90
Rock smash has power of 40 instead of 20
Whirlpool has power of 35 instead of 15 and accuracy of 85 instead of 70
Uproar has power of 65 instead of 50
Sand Tomb has power of 35 instead of 15 and accuracy of 85 instead of 70
Bullet Seed has power of 25 instead of 10
Icicle Spear has power of 25 instead of 10
Covet has power of 60 instead of 40
Rock Blast has accuracy of 90 instead of 80
Doom Desire has Power of 100 instead of 120 and accuracy of 95 instead of 85

also some trainer changes (made some stronger, some weaker)

(version 16)

evolution changes introduced in 1.6:

Eevee evolves t Umbreon using Moonstone
Eevee evolves to Espeon lvl 16

Azurill lvl 16 to Marill
MArill lvl 46 to Azumarill

(version 15)

Added potions/super potions etc to trainers
Made sure a lot of trainers with Pokemon over level 50 got 6 Pokemon
Implemented a few double battles (gyms 3,5,6,7,8 ), trainers on victory road, last time you battle may/brandon, Also ONE of the elite 4 is now a double battle, and wally on victory road as well as some trainers on victory road are double battle as well

Have Fun!

Release Log:

Latest version changes:

01/01/2013 at 15.00: look in bug fix and enhancements notes for changes (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.70)

Older Versions changes:

Spoiler:

29/12/2013 at 01.18: bug fix release (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.61)
06/01/2013 at 01.14: bug fix and enhancement release (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.60)
19/12/2012 at 23.57: bug fix and enhancement release (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.50)
17/07/2012 at 02.37: Bug fix release (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.41)
15/07/2012 at 12.35: look at enhancements (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.40)
26/05/2012 at 15.05: look at enhancements and bug fix (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.35)
25/03/2012 at 19.44: Major bug fix release... last version has a few bugs! check bug fixes for details! (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.31)
23/03/2012 at 20.00: look at enhancements (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.30)
13/03/2012 at 00.16: look at enhancements (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.22)
06/03/2012 at 02.51: changes to gym leaders and top 4 (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U)0.21)
03/03/2012 at 18.44 a few attack changes... and trainer changes look at enhancements (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.20)
25/02/2012 at 20.45 a few more type changes, a lot of attack changes/additions, also a few evolution changes (1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.16)
24/02/2012 at 00.08 changed a lot check bug fixes and enhancement section (file name: 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 15.ips)
22/02/2012 at 11.37 starters changed to pichu,squirtle and geodude and rival Pokemon changed to reflect these (file name: 1986 - Pokemon Emerald (U) 0.10.ips)
21/02/2012 at 2012 : little bug fix because trainer lvl was to low for a few people

Credit:

Thanks to nineteenct for completing playing the heck and giving feedback!

Last edited by denash1; January 1st, 2014 at 07:25 AM. Reason: NEW RELEASE!!!!
Old February 21st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Pokedude38
Beginning Trainer

Was Charmander supposed to be the only change to the starters?
Old February 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM
lander
Beginning Trainer

hey man im gonna give your hack a shoot looks good.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:22 AM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedude38 View Post
Was Charmander supposed to be the only change to the starters?
yeah i think i must have forgotten to save the change that's why only charmander changed... will update it soon sorry and thanks for pointing it out!

Edit: uploaded latest changes and changed starters as well as rival Pokemon!

Last edited by denash1; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Pokedude38
Beginning Trainer

Great hack so far... Besides the Wild Legendary Pokemon. It just doesn't fit well for me. It would be cool if through out the game there are events for the Legendary Pokemon.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
denash1

Quote:
Great hack so far... Besides the Wild Legendary Pokemon. It just doesn't fit well for me. It would be cool if through out the game there are events for the Legendary Pokemon.
I will do this ones i get better at scripting but i just wanted to put it in for now because i wanted them catch able as well :p Thanks a lot for the feedback so far
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Pokedude38
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denash1 View Post
I will do this ones i get better at scripting but i just wanted to put it in for now because i wanted them catch able as well :p Thanks a lot for the feedback so far
No problem. There is a heck of alot of Pokemon Catch able too. That's pretty good for a hack. I have caught around 50 Pokemon and am heading to the 2nd gym.

Do you know what would make this game harder? By making the gym battles double battles.

Last edited by Pokedude38; February 22nd, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:29 PM
denash1

Quote:
No problem. There is a heck of alot of Pokemon Catch able too. That's pretty good for a hack. I have caught around 50 Pokemon and am heading to the 2nd gym.

Do you know what would make this game harder? By making the gym battles double battles.
I thought about it a lot but i decided against it because i dont want to make the game too difficult

I might make the last gym 3,4,5,6 double battles and leave 1,2,8 as single battles
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Tryploshion
I become a Pokemon Master!

so unoriginal, expert emerald exits, seriosly u ony put the objetive of expert emerald really this sucks do a good project not noob hacks
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Pokedude38
Beginning Trainer

What about the rival battles? Or any other big battles? Just suggesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
so unoriginal, expert emerald exits, seriosly u ony put the objetive of expert emerald really this sucks do a good project not noob hacks
Not really the same as Expert Emerald. Give the guy a break, he seems new to hacking. Plus Expert emerald the gyms are Monotype and both games have different starters. I can list a lot of differences between the two games.

Last edited by Pokedude38; February 22nd, 2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryploshion View Post
I am a noob, i am learning to hack bit for bit, gimme time and i will make it better then it is already let me learn the stuff such as mapping and Scripting first
I am trying to learn scripting but i wasn't sucessfull at making anything good yet, thats why i havent included any of them!

Sorry if you think it is a copy or similar of expert emerald, honestly i ddint mean to make a copy, and i started on this ages a go and didn't release it as i was never happy with it, till now
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Pokedude38
Beginning Trainer

Route 117 the trainers aren't edited. The wild Pokemon are though...
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:47 PM
denash1

Quote:
I played through every route, dont know how i could have missed this... thx, will change it in my next release
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Pokedude38
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by denash1 View Post
I played through every route, dont know how i could have missed this... thx, will change it in my next release
My bad. On my friends file on a different emulator his game on route 117 was edited. Sorry.

Last edited by Pokedude38; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
zantetsu122

Why compare every 386 Emerald hack with Expert Emerald? It's his hack. It's different. Does it have the starters scattered in the same place as EEmerald's? Does it have the legendaries scattered in the same place as EEmerald's? Does it have the events in Battle Frontier? No. Also, improve your spelling and grammar. It's a different hack made by a begginer hacker, but it's good. I'm not saying I hate EEmerald(in fact I'm playing it two times now, you seem to compare other hacks with EEmerald).
Challenges
Water UMC: FR: 6/8 Badges
C: UE: 1/16
E: 0/8
D/P: 0/8
B: 0/8
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Excadrill: 0/8( still confirming.)
Dragonite; LG>LC>E>PT>BB/VW(still confirming)
Random Solo Challenge Platinum 0/8:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantetsu122 View Post
Why compare every 386 Emerald hack with Expert Emerald? It's his hack. It's different. Does it have the starters scattered in the same place as EEmerald's? Does it have the legendaries scattered in the same place as EEmerald's? Does it have the events in Battle Frontier? No. Also, improve your spelling and grammar. It's a different hack made by a begginer hacker, but it's good. I'm not saying I hate EEmerald(in fact I'm playing it two times now, you seem to compare other hacks with EEmerald).
I agree, just because I've made a hack doesn't mean I've put blocks on anyone else making an Emerald hack. Also, this looks pretty nice so far, I'll try it out some time & good luck with it! ^^
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
denash1

Quote:
You were right... the trainers on route 117 were not edited... i fixed that in my version, which i will release very soon.

Thanks for finding that mistake!

Fixed in version 15!

Last edited by denash1; February 23rd, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
lander
Beginning Trainer

nice update does this mean i have start a new game ?
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:42 PM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander View Post
nice update does this mean i have start a new game ?
It would be best to start again, but i think you can just patch a clean rom and then continue with ur current save... the changes arent major changes so it should be fine.

EDIT: There will be a major update tonight with a few type changes and lots of moveset changes because i had some 'tester pokemon' when i started using YAPE and didnt remove their very good movesets in version 15... E.G. a pokemon would learn thunderbolt,surf,flamethrower and solar beam... will change that :p

Last edited by denash1; February 25th, 2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: announcing changes for upcomming version
Old February 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
denash1

New version up (version 0.16) There has been a few Pokemon type changes as well as a few attack changes for each Pokemon.

For version 0.20 planned: A lot of attacks' : accuracy, power and PP changes and some Mapping changes! (hopefully if everything goes well) I am just not creative enough :/ maybe in future

I went ahead and just implemented it, there will be a release in a few days time, got to do some testing first will also make the trainers little bit harder (not by alot!) in the next release.

if anyone thinks i should keep some attacks the same or change any of the above attack changes or you find bugs in the current release please tell me

EDIT on 3/3/2012: version 0.20 released!!!!

Last edited by denash1; March 3rd, 2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: more information
Old March 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM
zantetsu122

I hope you will continue this hack. Keep up the good work!
Challenges
Water UMC: FR: 6/8 Badges
C: UE: 1/16
E: 0/8
D/P: 0/8
B: 0/8
Ultimate Solo Challenge:
Excadrill: 0/8( still confirming.)
Dragonite; LG>LC>E>PT>BB/VW(still confirming)
Random Solo Challenge Platinum 0/8:
Snorlax
Milotic
Luxray
Pelipper
Mamoswine
Lickylicky
0/8
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Tubby31
Beginning Trainer

Please continue the work on this hack when you have free time. Love this hack and make a lot of fun to play it.

Sorry for my bad english im german and my english is not so good :-)
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby31 View Post
Please continue the work on this hack when you have free time. Love this hack and make a lot of fun to play it.

Sorry for my bad english im german and my english is not so good :-)
I am german, too.

I will work on it but not as much as i have done over the last month, if anyone finds any bugs i will make sure i fix them quickly.I will sit down and learn scripting and implement a lot of stuff when my exams are over.

The thing i am most interested in is feedback, especially! feedback on the elite 4, i would appreciate it, if people tell me if they find them too easy or too hard.

Edit: thanks to the comments above and after realizing there is a bit of interest in my patch, decided to continue even though updates will slow down a lot. NEW VERSION IS UP Though!

Edit (2): had to upload the version 0.21 again because it was not updated 2 hours ago.. sry /: I would call this version the hardest version I have released uptoDate :p

Things implemented in my version (unreleased yet):

10/03/2012 at 23.44: Have made sure HM05 strength can be picked up instead of being brought at the PokemonMarkt... (finally learned that much scripting at last... More to come!)
12/03/2012 at 14.20: I made sure you will not need surf anymore to get from Sootopolis City's pokemon center to the gym ( I thought it was annoying, so there is a path now)

13/03/2012 at 00.22 : RELEASED version 0.22!

Last edited by denash1; March 13th, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old March 21st, 2012, 04:45 PM
Fred_d12
Beginning Trainer

Which pokemon are effective against water on Pokemon?
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:05 AM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_d12 View Post
Which pokemon are effective against water on Pokemon?
try electric or grass type attacks/pokemon they should help you

Edit: will release new version later today.

Edit (2): New version is up now!!!!

Edit (3) on : 25/03/2012 at 19.48: Bug fix version released!

Edit (4) on 17/04/2012 at 00.08: Will stop u[dating this due to exams and stuff we be back when exams are over ... BUT i will try to fix bugs if anyone finds any!

edit (5) on 25/05/2012: Exam over and continuing hack!

Last edited by denash1; May 25th, 2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: new version released with some bugfixes
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here