Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts
Yes 16 21.05%
Yes - But have 2 patches. 1 with, 1 without. 56 73.68%
No 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron

Advertise here
Thanks!
I'm not good with a hex editter, because Hex workshop isn't compatible with my screen reader.
The memory viewer may be easier though.

Well, actually visual boy memory viewer isn't compatible.
In adition, when I press tab for the next item on the screen while on one of the custom controls vba crashes.
I don't suppose you could send me a sav file with the complete Pokédex could you?
I understand if not.

Last edited by pokemonmasteraaron; January 15th, 2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 16th, 2012, 03:31 AM
P0kemon Trainer Red
Dragon Type User

What is a .rar file? How do I use it? Is it a patch? Like an .ips? How do I apply it? Please pm me the answer, as I might not be able to check this thread later.
My hacks:

Hacks I support:

Old January 16th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Luigi-San
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
A .rar is used for compression, like .zip. Use Winrar or 7Zip to open it and extract its' contents.

Old January 16th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
Thanks!
I'm not good with a hex editter, because Hex workshop isn't compatible with my screen reader.
The memory viewer may be easier though.

Well, actually visual boy memory viewer isn't compatible.
In adition, when I press tab for the next item on the screen while on one of the custom controls vba crashes.
I don't suppose you could send me a sav file with the complete Pokédex could you?
I understand if not.
I'll PM you a link to a save file which has a completed Pokédex then.
Hopefully that'll help you out.

@ Luigi-San
Thanks for explaining how RAR files work for me
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Nature: Calm
Hey Jambo51, can you also give me one of those save files with completed Pokedex, preferably in 128kb format? I was hex editing my save states to change the species of some of my PC Pokemon to see the new Pokemon, but it's quite a hassle with XOR and everything. A completed Pokedex would be really useful.

Edit- Thanks !

Last edited by Sayan; January 17th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 11:31 PM
tamsheel
Unhatched Egg

But can someone plz explain how to use this patch completely. I m trying this for last 1 month,but... Can anyone provide a tutorial guide plz plz plz. Or atleast tell how to add all 649 poks to my gba rom and also if someone can send me sav file with the hacked pokedex plz.
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:15 PM
tamsheel
Unhatched Egg

Hi Jambo, first great and thanx for making such a fantastic patch.now i can view all the sprites in unlz gba,but dont know how to hex locations to make all 649 pok appear. I have read all tutorials, tried everything i can didnt slept for last T weeks just finding a way out. So a requestk- could you plz give me a save file with the complete pokedex,as i m not able to unlock the pokedex even after changing the 164 bytes as u told. Can u be a little more specific plz. N secondly can u plz create one video to show how to hex edit the location of new pokemons u added, so persons like me can get the idea and do it for all 649 pokemons. Not everyone is perfect in all fields, so for us few too, do it plz. It wont take long to post a save file link n a little vid oon hex editing, bye n take care. Plz do reply.
Old January 31st, 2012, 06:51 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Please don't text speak. It's absolutely horrible. If you're gonna request that I do something for you in the future, I'll blatantly ignore it if it's written in text speak.

The save file won't work because I've changed how the save system works in between the currently released alpha and the latest version I'm currently working on. You need to do it using the VBA memory edit as I posted above.

You still need to give yourself the National Pokédex and Pokédex in order to see them however. To do that, compile this script using XSE, and give it to an NPC. Speak to the NPC in game to activate the Pokédexes.

Code:
#dynamic 0x760000
#org @main

lock
faceplayer
setflag 0x829
special SP_FRNATIONAL
release
end
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:50 AM
tamsheel
Unhatched Egg

First thank you for replying. And second sorry if i offended you in any way. Am new here so dont know whats text speaking,wont repeat in the future. Thanks for the script too.
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Shadowstorm
H1Z1

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadowstorm
So not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but I have a charmander and rattata and when I switch to rattata the game resets, but when I switch from rattata to charmander, it's fine.

-Edit-

Just tested spearow since I caught one, works just fine when switching to him.
Old February 5th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstorm View Post
So not sure if anyone has noticed this yet but I have a charmander and rattata and when I switch to rattata the game resets, but when I switch from rattata to charmander, it's fine.

-Edit-

Just tested spearow since I caught one, works just fine when switching to him.
I came across this bug for the first time a few weeks ago. It's fixed on my version of the ROM.
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Shadowstorm
H1Z1

Cool stuff. I have to say I really like the way this thing looks. I can't wait to see it done at least pokemon-wise and then when someone makes a mod for advancemap to work with it. Right now I'm stuck just playing those hacks that just have a couple of Gen Iv/V in them that replace other gens, not to say that replacing most of gen 3 is a bad idea (gen 3 was terrible) but ya know...

Anyways... How far fixing the movesets are you on your version?
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
I can't wait to see it done at least pokemon-wise and then when someone makes a mod for advancemap to work with it.
Whisper it, but I hear there may be an A-Map mod available for this very purpose... ;P

Quote:
Right now I'm stuck just playing those hacks that just have a couple of Gen Iv/V in them that replace other gens, not to say that replacing most of gen 3 is a bad idea (gen 3 was terrible) but ya know...
Indeed. I also hated Gen 3's Pokémon.

Quote:
Anyways... How far fixing the movesets are you on your version?
No further than I was before. It's a long boring process, one which I seriously cannot find the motivation to tackle at this stage. XD
Old February 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Shadowstorm
H1Z1

Ah, well if I weren't already swamped with trying to get a job and going to school full time amongst other things, I'd volunteer to at least do the tedious project of that if I were taught how and it not be too difficult to do.
Old February 10th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Just wanted to post a quick update.
I now have 34 out of the 88 new abilities working. This includes a couple of small custom battle scripts as well as a lot of ASM.

New Abilities Bold indicates that it's added Italics indicates that it requires a custom battle script Underline indicates that is has no in-battle effect
Spoiler:

Tangled Feet
Motor Drive
Rivalry
Steadfast
Snow Cloak
Gluttony
Anger Point
Unburden
Heatproof
Simple
Dry Skin (3/4 effects working)
Download
Iron Fist
Poison Heal
Adaptability
Skill Link
Hydration
Solar Power
Quick Feet
Normalise - There are SO MANY reads of the attacks, it's hard to pin down which ones I should have a normalise ability check before
Sniper
Magic Guard
No Guard
Stall
Technician - This would be easy, except I can't find where the game calculates the extra damage added when Pursuit is used against a fleeing opponent
Leaf Guard
Klutz
Mold Breaker
Super Luck
Aftermath
Anticipation
Forewarn
Unaware
Tinted Lens
Filter
Slow Start
Scrappy
Storm Drain
Ice Body
Solid Rock
Snow Warning
Honey Gather
Frisk
Reckless
Multitype - Only works with Arceus by design!
Flower Gift
Bad Dreams
Pickpocket
Sheer Force
Contrary
Unnerve
Defiant
Defeatist
Cursed Body
Healer
Friend Guard
Weak Armor
Heavy Metal
Light Metal
Multiscale
Toxic Boost
Flare Boost
Harvest
Telepathy
Moody
Overcoat
Poison Touch
Regenerator
Big Pecks
Sand Rush
Wonder Skin
Analytic
Illusion
Imposter
Infiltrator
Mummy
Moxie
Justified
Rattled
Magic Bounce
Sap Sipper
Prankster
Sand Force
Iron Barbs
Zen Mode
Victory Star
Turboblaze
Teravolt

With a few of these, I can see how I can implement them fairly easily, I just haven't done so yet.

Last edited by Jambo51; February 21st, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:52 PM
D3StR0Y4mike
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Quirky
any idea how long until it's good enough to base hacks on?
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Superkid11
Covered in Shroomish

Hoooly crap. You've done some amazing work here. The physical/special split alone is reason enough to patch this just for an FR playthrough.

I never thought it would be possible for FireRed to be so thoroughly modified.
Old February 18th, 2012, 06:14 AM
SoulBeat
Unhatched Egg

Ok this might be very noobish of me but i just want to ask some things
I play the patch on my ipod (gpsphone emulator, jailbroken ipod 2G)
Every pokemon that isn't normally in FR only has the move 'Transform' (Mankey, Octillery, ...)
And i was playing, and i wanted to let my metapod evolve, whenever it reaches lvl 10 and it is supposed to lvl up my game just goes black right after the fight...

Again, i apologize if this is because of the beta, or allready is told in any of the previous pages.

Thanks
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:30 PM
D3StR0Y4mike
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Quirky
Not sure what this means, but in A-Map, the pokemon don't even go far into gen 4...
Old February 21st, 2012, 05:38 AM
Speedster
The Unknown

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBeat View Post
Ok this might be very noobish of me but i just want to ask some things
I play the patch on my ipod (gpsphone emulator, jailbroken ipod 2G)
Every pokemon that isn't normally in FR only has the move 'Transform' (Mankey, Octillery, ...)
And i was playing, and i wanted to let my metapod evolve, whenever it reaches lvl 10 and it is supposed to lvl up my game just goes black right after the fight...

Again, i apologize if this is because of the beta, or allready is told in any of the previous pages.

Thanks
This is simply, as you stated, because it is only in an alpha stage. Not many Pokemon have movesets inserted yet and I working to add these for Jambo now. As for the evolving it could be missing data, or sprites but it will get fixed by the next beta/alpha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3StR0Y4mike View Post
Not sure what this means, but in A-Map, the pokemon don't even go far into gen 4...
A-Map does not currently support Jambo's patch. There isn't much we can do about is except for see if Lu-Ho will be willing to fix it and add support for the patch. For now you can change wild Pokemon locations using HEX.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old February 21st, 2012, 06:19 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Ahh, great work man , Gamer2020 also made a hack with 649 pokemon (Pokemon Next Generation), but i think this will be better
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Digidestined123
Hacker in training

Location: In a house. In a town. In a state. In a country. On a planet.
Send a message via Skype™ to Digidestined123
I'll be waiting for the movesets to be in. This is the kind of hack I've always wanted.
Old February 21st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
*Cut for brevity*
Thanks for answering on my behalf, yet again. Lol.
I've been hard at work adding new abilities and fixing bugs as they arise.
The patch is all but finished on my end as it so happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by アルセウス View Post
Ahh, great work man , Gamer2020 also made a hack with 649 pokemon (Pokemon Next Generation), but i think this will be better
Did you ever stop to think that the 2 may be related? That, perhaps, myself and Gamer2020 shared information, routines and the sort? Lol. Quite a few features in PGE were added to support the new features in both my ROM and his ROM. I'm still very thankful he took the time and effort to add the stuff.

Also, wasn't Pokémon Next Generation an actual HACK, as opposed to a ROM base for others to hack on top of? (Correct me if I'm wrong... lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidestined123 View Post
I'll be waiting for the movesets to be in. This is the kind of hack I've always wanted.
You could be waiting a while, bud. They are a pain to implement.

What I still have left to do:
53 Abilities (34 in and working, 1 has no battle effects for a total of 88)
Move Animations
Move Effects
Movesets (Speedster is doing these on my behalf - Thanks again!)
Forme Transitions (currently, only Rotom and Arceus actually change Forme, the rest are currently static).

I fixed the Physical/Special split bug which was discovered on LC on my ROM earlier today, so don't worry about that.

Last edited by Jambo51; February 21st, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:15 PM
AMT
Unhatched Egg

My god this will be awesome.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:19 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

After finishing this patch, you'll make Emerald 649 Patch, don't you?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here