The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Daikoru
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
I'm also having issues with the white screen. Pretty sure I downloaded the correct version, pretty sure my settings are correct and everything, so I have no idea what could have gone wrong.

@Ash493: You say to read previous posts... But I sure don't feel like trying to find the solution inside the 250 pages. It would help a LOT if the solution to the problem was written on the first post or somewhere on the website!
Old February 19th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Shadowstorm
H1Z1

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadowstorm
Yeah, so I'm noticing that the whole issue involving the game freezing when electabuzz evolves is still not being talked about... This is the 2nd playthrough I've done that this has happened in. Have we managed to figure out anything in regards to this or am I just going to have to play through without evolving electabuzz?
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstorm View Post
Yeah, so I'm noticing that the whole issue involving the game freezing when electabuzz evolves is still not being talked about... This is the 2nd playthrough I've done that this has happened in. Have we managed to figure out anything in regards to this or am I just going to have to play through without evolving electabuzz?
It has to be your ROM, this has never happened to me at all when I evolved my Electabuzz. So... Maybe your ROM wasn't 100% clean... Which means you may need to patch a different Ruby ROM, but you can transfer your .sav file over to it.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old February 19th, 2012, 04:32 AM
prakhar
flare blitzz

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Did you completed the Kyurem event there?
or maybe this is a problem with your ROM?
yep i completed that event and all this happened after that-a glitch
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Southueki
Writer

I have been through the game, yet I am making a re-run and a few questions I didn't have before just poped up:

1. Did Wes change the atacks(TMs/HMs) characteristics or does the 3rd Gen rule still applies to physical/special atacks? Are they still type-based, or did he make them like Gen 4/5?

2. Did he change the pokémon's stats or are they still the same as Gen 3? The ones from Gen 4 & 5, do they retain their replaced pokémon's stats or do they have new ones according to which pokémon they are?

I think that's all. Thanks :D
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikoru View Post
@Ash493: You say to read previous posts... But I sure don't feel like trying to find the solution inside the 250 pages. It would help a LOT if the solution to the problem was written on the first post or somewhere on the website!
Okay, sorry, I wasn't actually clear with that post.
What I meant was to suggest you to read previous post throughout use of "search thread" function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southueki View Post
I have been through the game, yet I am making a re-run and a few questions I didn't have before just poped up:

1. Did Wes change the atacks(TMs/HMs) characteristics or does the 3rd Gen rule still applies to physical/special atacks? Are they still type-based, or did he make them like Gen 4/5?

2. Did he change the pokémon's stats or are they still the same as Gen 3? The ones from Gen 4 & 5, do they retain their replaced pokémon's stats or do they have new ones according to which pokémon they are?

I think that's all. Thanks :D
1. LP does follow 3rd game mechanics so there's no Physical/Special split =)

2. I don't think 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Pokémon has changed their stats when 4th and 5th generation came.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:57 AM
khgs8
Beginning Trainer

Gotta say!
Seems like one of the best pokemon hacks lately!!
That and Liquid Crystal, finished and great looking hacks.

I wish there was a way to play it on my iPhone though...got it on the PC working no white screen and saving but not on my iPhone...stupid GPSPHONE T__T
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Southueki
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Okay, sorry, I wasn't actually clear with that post.
What I meant was to suggest you to read previous post throughout use of "search thread" function.

1. LP does follow 3rd game mechanics so there's no Physical/Special split =)

2. I don't think 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Pokémon has changed their stats when 4th and 5th generation came.
Thanks Ash :D

About question 2, I meant for example: Lucario did not exist on gen3, therefore he replaced a pokémon in the pokédex (atleast I think so). What I mean is, did he edit that pokémon's stats to make it like lucario's or will they be "bugged" - (the pokémon he replaced stats)?

Also, did he edit any moves to "create" Gen 4/5 atacks, or not at all? That said, Gen 4/5 pokémon will learn other moves from gen 3 or lower has a replacement?

That brings me to the question, is lucario any good then?

Last but not least, my Electabuzz is "glitched". I was and am aware of the level decreasing when evolving to gen 4/5 pokémon, yet mine is a male and when he evolves he becomes a female >.>
Any way to fix this?
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
MasterArbitor
Fire Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MasterArbitor
how do i know if i have the full version of the game? My starters were Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chikorita, but my cousin downloaded the game on his computer as well and had charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle.

From My Pokemon Black Edit :D
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:01 PM
filete
Beginning Trainer

what should I do at road 510 where team steam is blocking my way to noormeak city?
I used dig standing in the brown circle, but I was told I can't use it there.
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:59 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southueki View Post
Thanks Ash :D

About question 2, I meant for example: Lucario did not exist on gen3, therefore he replaced a pokémon in the pokédex (atleast I think so). What I mean is, did he edit that pokémon's stats to make it like lucario's or will they be "bugged" - (the pokémon he replaced stats)?

Also, did he edit any moves to "create" Gen 4/5 atacks, or not at all? That said, Gen 4/5 pokémon will learn other moves from gen 3 or lower has a replacement?

That brings me to the question, is lucario any good then?

Last but not least, my Electabuzz is "glitched". I was and am aware of the level decreasing when evolving to gen 4/5 pokémon, yet mine is a male and when he evolves he becomes a female >.>
Any way to fix this?
Lucario is always good choice :D
Well onto the question...s :D
Yes, Pokémon from gen 4/5 have right stats, though their movesets are changed (which brings us to the next question) because Wes did not change any moves, besides the ones that are used in gameplay like Lava Surf, Glide, etc...
Electabuzz's issue has already been answered.
It's like this: Electabuzz has its own growth rate and some chance to be male/female.
Added Electivire has unfortunately different growth rate and I presume 100% to be female. Wes just forgot to edit these minor things

Quote:
Originally Posted by filete View Post
what should I do at road 510 where team steam is blocking my way to noormeak city?
This is really weird... this is starting to be really serious bug... can you use Dig otherwise? Like to escape from some cave?

Old February 21st, 2012, 08:46 AM
Caramel-O
The dark Cheetah

The most respected game hack ever thnk u :D
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:58 AM
Zeikaro
Beginning Trainer

Bueno wesley sabes que tu hack es fabuloso espero que subas nuevamente lo que falto como la trainer card la mochila y esas cosas asi al final se podria reconocer un hack con todos los graficos cambiados!!, espero ver como te encaminas a nuevos proyectos y suerte hermano
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:37 AM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Hey !

I just wanted to mention a few bugs I encountered in Flamerny City. I beat Prof. Ellie who told me about the Aron and Super Repel and everything. So I went to Mt Vulcan, only to realize I had no Super Repel. So I went back out, found the SR west of the city, but when I wanted to go back to Mt Vulcan there was a guy blocking the way and saying "only authorized personal". So I think there's a bug that somehow prevents from entering Mt Vulcan twice or something.

The only way I found around the problem was to use a walk through walls cheat code. Then I had another problem, which might be linked to me using a cheat, but I don't know. Anyway, I gave Luke the Super Repel but when I got out of Mt Vulcan, the Aron were still in the city and the entrance to the Gym was still blocked. So I had to use the cheat again to get my badge.

I hope that I haven't broken anything by using this cheat and that I won't get any problem linked to that further in the game, because it's quite long and I wouldn't want to start all over again hehe.
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:40 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterArbitor View Post
how do i know if i have the full version of the game? My starters were Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chikorita, but my cousin downloaded the game on his computer as well and had charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle.
The beta you downloaded is an old one and is not also completed with foreign language.. so the beta your cousin downloaded probably with the name of SNAKEBYTE along with it is complete and the latest one...

Quote:
You have to press A button not the Dig option on that hole...

Last edited by alienhunterx; February 21st, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:18 PM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
The beta you downloaded is an old one and is not also completed with foreign language.. so the beta your cousin downloaded probably with the name of SNAKEBYTE along with it is complete and the latest one...
Really?! And where does the "old" one stop? Because I also had Charmander as a starter. I downloaded it from here, though...

Ok, so apparently my message is too short so I'm writing stuff to lengthen it.
Old February 21st, 2012, 02:03 PM
filete
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
You have to press A button not the Dig option on that hole...
Oh! I need to press A button to the hole instead of standing in the hole.... Thanks

Last edited by filete; February 21st, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old February 21st, 2012, 03:18 PM
Daikoru
Beginning Trainer

Well, I got my ROM to work, somehow. So, since the game gave us access to some Ice Zone Safari straight at the beginning, I decided to take this opportunity to do a Mono-ice team.

So, I have two questions related to evolutions:
-I got a Snorunt that I want to evolve into Froslass. Normally, it would require it to be female and to use a Dawn Stone on it. So, how can it evolve in this hack? If it requires a Dawn Stone, where can I find the first one?
-I got a Swinub, which I'd like to see evolve into Mamoswine eventually. Again, how can he evolve in this hack?
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:24 AM
prakhar
flare blitzz

Quote:
Oh! I need to press A button to the hole instead of standing in the hole.... Thanks
or you might not just try standing in front of the hole and not on it and then press "a" i did it and that worked
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:36 AM
Tythtyth
Beginning Trainer

How can Feebas evolve ? I saw a walkthrough that said that it can evolve by Water Stone but I tried and I couldn't evolve it.

Can anyone help me ?
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:09 AM
prakhar
flare blitzz

is there anything interesting to do in this game other then catching all legendaries after completing world championship event???
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
pedrito3_poke
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
Hey !

I just wanted to mention a few bugs I encountered in Flamerny City. I beat Prof. Ellie who told me about the Aron and Super Repel and everything. So I went to Mt Vulcan, only to realize I had no Super Repel. So I went back out, found the SR west of the city, but when I wanted to go back to Mt Vulcan there was a guy blocking the way and saying "only authorized personal". So I think there's a bug that somehow prevents from entering Mt Vulcan twice or something.

The only way I found around the problem was to use a walk through walls cheat code. Then I had another problem, which might be linked to me using a cheat, but I don't know. Anyway, I gave Luke the Super Repel but when I got out of Mt Vulcan, the Aron were still in the city and the entrance to the Gym was still blocked. So I had to use the cheat again to get my badge.

I hope that I haven't broken anything by using this cheat and that I won't get any problem linked to that further in the game, because it's quite long and I wouldn't want to start all over again hehe.
Yeah that has happened to me several times. For example, in Mt. Icestorm there are some team steam guys blocking the way, until you go to Mt. Winter and fight one of the team steam leaders (idk remember who) and then there'd be a battle between Zekrom and Reshiram, but Arceus would appear to stop them, and then you would be able to go ahead in Mt. Winter. However, even after I beat the game, every time I go to Mt. Icestorm, there are those guys blocking the way and I always have to do the same to go ahead (beat the tem steam leader in Mt. Winter). Anyway, that happens to me not just here, but everywhere (e.g. when I go to Flamerty city, there's always that guy blocking the entrance to Mt. Vulcan; when I go to that city where I have to use dig to go ahead, etc...). And no, I haven't used any cheat.

This game is great, but still not the best hack ever because it has a lot of bugs. I think that Wesley should (or, at least, try to) fix these bugs before working on other projects, that would be awesome and it would make Pokémon Light Platinum doubtlessly the best hack ever.

Btw I have one question:
Has anyone fought against Virizion? I went to where it is supposed to be (In front of Inhore Woods) but all I see is this screen with it's silhouette, but then it just disappears.
Anyone else has this problem?
Feel free to add me!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
Hey !

Yeah... it happens... some flags reset themselves for not known reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrito3_poke View Post
Btw I have one question:
Has anyone fought against Virizion? I went to where it is supposed to be (In front of Inhore Woods) but all I see is this screen with it's silhouette, but then it just disappears.
Anyone else has this problem?
Then you did what you were supposed to do
Virizion is pretty sweet so it just joins you instead of battling you

Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:25 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar View Post
is there anything interesting to do in this game other then catching all legendaries after completing world championship event???
Nope the game is finished I am sorry to say that...
Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Daikoru
Beginning Trainer

Alright... I'm inside the Water gym. I saved in the middle of it, and now that I reloaded, I can't go back anymore. Is there anyway to get out without using some walk through walls code?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here