The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:04 AM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

Advertise here
Ok, so, war with The Sacred Wings clan is coming soon. No set date yet, but its never too early to prepare. Unless times have drastically changed with clans, I plan to select a roster in the same way I used to: Pick the best available players and if roster spots are still open, hold a tryout.

Yoshikko, Renael, and Dark Azelf, as you three are our three highest ranking members, what I'm traditionally going to do is ask you if you would be willing to be on the roster.

Depending on what you say, there are still two to (hopefully not) five spots left. From there, the clan will hold tryouts. Our Member 2nd Class rank being far more common than our Member 1st Class and Advanced Member 2nd Class ranks are what cause the last, hopefully, two roster spots to be left up to competition.

With that said, any members who would like to take part in the war should post in this thread stating so. Keep in mind that you cannot be on the roster if you hold the Newbie rank. I will withhold myself from the roster as to give others a chance to participate.

So, yeah, get to posting/registering

I will update the first post with information regarding the war as soon as I get back to my dorm from classes :]
Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
Yeee I'd love to be in it! But when is it and etc, cause timezones? ;o;

[ Also won and lost once of Rednael just now!! ]

[ And lost again just now lol ] nice hax brotha

Last edited by Yoshikkko; February 22nd, 2012 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
oocyst
Bara baby
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Bold
I'd also love to be in it!

Yeah I Won vs Yoh then lost and then won again.
We also had a lot of test battles but those don't count.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Yoshikkko

Why do you mention them if they don't count?

[ Lost to him again just now. I'll have to say that it was pretty extreme hax!?! ]
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
oocyst
Bara baby

woops computer spaz double post
Well just to let them know we've been practising!! They better be careful with us.
Etreme hax win is not fun :(

Last edited by oocyst; February 22nd, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

Yes! 2 down, 3 to go! As for timing, etc.. Nica and I haven't decided yet So far we're just building our rosters. Although it might end up being Sacred Wings + Eon vs Walrein :o
But we'll win, regardless ;]

I'll update the first post with some war info soon but consider the EXP updated right now

Which leads me to my next point; Congrats Rednael! You are now an Advanced Member 2nd Class! You and Yoh are now our two highest ranking members! :D

EDIT: A new "Clan News" section has been added to the first post. The clan war, as well as the current roster, has also been added to the "Clan Events" section.

EDIT: EDIT: Just wanted to drop off some little information: Clan war battles do count towards your EXP count. The only difference is, the EXP gained is doubled, no matter what. If you win a war battle, you will earn 20 EXP points. If you lose, you will still win 10 EXP. It's quite the way to get some extra "oomph" in climbing up our ranking system. Once the war ends, all participants will also gain an additional 10 EXP due to the experience of war, so to speak.

And as a notification, we will have a bench roster for the war. Essentially, this means that if any of our starting war roster members are unable to battle, you will be asked to fill in for them. The bench roster will be comprised of those who tried out, but didn't manage to make the starting roster, for whatever reason.

Last edited by XEL; February 22nd, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Anti
I forgive you, Chris Bosh.

Nature: Serious
Maybe I'm overestimating the means of our clans at this point, but why only five people? Five people is more like a clan skirmish... I think seven people each makes this more...eventful.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Yoshikkko

Well, there aren't many more people that are really active D;

[ beat ozzy ]
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:01 PM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

We could try 7v7, but like Yoh said, I think it'd be pretty tough to simply find that many active members haha. I went back and counted how many members the Rebirth Revolution Clan had during PC's first run with clans. 39.. Maybe if we had that many people 7v7 wouldn't seem like such an obstacle to achieve lol

As for Yoh, updated aaaand Just lost to Rednael, so that's getting added too
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:11 PM
oocyst
Bara baby

Also beat Ozzy pretty close!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednael View Post
Also beat Ozzy pretty close!
I thought I was actually going to win one this time! x]
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

So, remember the last time I calculated each clan activity? Well I decided to do it again :]

The Walrein Clan - Activity index of 14.4, up 7.3 from last time's 7.1!
The Sacred Wings Clan - Activity index of 4.7, down 0.8 from last time's 5.5..
Team Eon - Activity index of 2.0, down 0.3 from last time's 2.3..
The Stormbringers Clan - Activity index of 1.5, down 0.8 from last time's 2.3..

The activity index is simply calculated by (x/y)x100, where x=posts made and y=thread viewed.

Anyways, hooray for Walrein! We shot up a whole 103% in terms of activity! Numbers are generally skewed since some posts don't regard to actually battling, but most of our thread comprises of posts made about wins and losses anyways so its not too bad.

and While activity has dropped for other clans, hopefully this upcoming war will shoot some much needed activity into the community
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
Yoshikkko

What, is that an official way to calculate activity? I don't think views matter that much btw lol, non-members also view the clans but they don't contribute to activity.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Anyone want to help me with competitive battling? :D I need your comments on how I play my team~
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:33 AM
Yoshikkko

Your team was p alright! Just get used to predicting and stuff like that, your Gastrodon was good though!

[ won vs Musica ]
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:33 AM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Lost to Yoh 0-2. I need more help. o_o
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:36 AM
Yoshikkko

Well you could always post an RMT in the main forum, there's lots of people who would be glad to help you out etc (not me cause I can't do ratings that well but there are lots of others haha).

[ oh and won against aenar HAX FREE STALL BATTLE HOW LOVELY ♥]
[
and again ]
[
and lost once ]

so uhh 25

Last edited by Yoshikkko; February 23rd, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:53 AM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
What, is that an official way to calculate activity? I don't think views matter that much btw lol, non-members also view the clans but they don't contribute to activity.
Nope. Just an incredibly flawed way I decided to do it lol

I'm sure actually creating a formula based on member count + posts wouldn't be too tough though. Anyone wanna volunteer? ;]

And I'll update the post now
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
Yoshikkko

Well I don't think it really matters anyway, we shouldn't be comparing clans to eachother because they are all different and some members just tend to talk more than others.

[ Also just won to Aenar ]

[
aaand lost lol ]

[
and won again lol LOVE TOXIC STALL!! ]

25 boom boom

[
won again ty m dragon stall you still work like a charm ]

Last edited by Yoshikkko; February 23rd, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

True, true. I was doing it as more of a way to measure activity overall.

aaaand Wins will be added.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Yoshikkko

[ Won against Aenar ]

Also I wanna suggest this - since losses count now, obviously you should post your losses too. But then go at it this way - if someone posts their win against a specified person, only upload the win for the person that posted, not the loss, even though you know who it was for. To keep it consistent, only update losses/wins that are mentioned by the person they belong to.

So if person A posts a win against person B, only update person A's win, not person B's loss, untill person B posts it himself.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

Agreed. Well, I guess Rednael doesn't really need to post anything since I've pretty much added all his points anyways.. hahahaha

^I'll just go ahead and add the 5 exp you got from that battle with Yoh, one last time, jsut to make everything easier in the future.

aaaand, from now on, you guys'll only get credit for things you post yourself :]

So, it has come to my attention that some think the first post lacks pizazz aaaand Because of that, you guys'll get to decide if you want the image of Walrein in the first post to be changed to this:

Spoiler:

^ Courtesy of Yoh.

Side by side comparison
Spoiler:
or

So get to voting!

Last edited by XEL; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Yoshikkko

Ok so you know that me and Aenar vote for the second option so that's 1 - 2 atm.

[ lost to aenar ]
[
won against aenar ]

Last edited by Yoshikkko; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
XEL
Lorem Ipsum

EXP, updated. I'll also add a section under Clan Events to keep track of the votes.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
oocyst
Bara baby

Did you update mine too? If you didn't I got 1 win and 1 loss aswell.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here