• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Developing] Pokémon: Homeward Bound™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
So far, I really like this : D
- At the beginning, the exp and level idea made me feel uncomfortable, but then I guess it gives a more realistic feeling. So you should take the exp indicator out of the pokemon's summary too.
- The Hype mode reminds me of the "hyper" one in Pokemon Colloseum :0! It'd be interesting to see that.
- If you can find someone to help with you the character images, that'd help a lot. However, you can always keep the original size... you don't need to resize it x2.
Big pixels just look wrong in the small window size (like the mystery ball).

But don't worry too much about the graphics. The gameplay and story is the main thing to be concerned about.
I'd rather play an original fangame than a pretty looking but boring one.
Looking forward for more updates -thumbs up-

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So far, I really like this : D
- At the beginning, the exp and level idea made me feel uncomfortable, but then I guess it gives a more realistic feeling. So you should take the exp indicator out of the pokemon's summary too.
- The Hype mode reminds me of the "hyper" one in Pokemon Colloseum :0! It'd be interesting to see that.
- If you can find someone to help with you the character images, that'd help a lot. However, you can always keep the original size... you don't need to resize it x2.
Big pixels just look wrong in the small window size (like the mystery ball).

But don't worry too much about the graphics. The gameplay and story is the main thing to be concerned about.
I'd rather play an original fangame than a pretty looking but boring one.
Looking forward for more updates -thumbs up-

Hehe thanx babe :classic:
I've only played on Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Gold/Crystal/Diamond/Platinum/Pearl... So I don't know what is on Colloseum, but hope this doesn't disappoint... I will be leaving the screensize how it is... I shall be re-releasing the demo soon, not too sure when, but I will iron out some of the errors that I can see first.

I've been focusing the last few months on fixing the graphics and such...

So a new *UPDATE* on that is here, plus a little extra:

Spoiler:

If anybody out there can do more trainers like this, I could use some help .

**.Homeward Bound starters can now be irrelevant... You can start with any Pokémon from the KANTO region.**

**.In-game tutorials have been introduced, to keep you up-to-date with new additions to the game.(so you don't forget.)**

**.New unlockables have been added.**

**.To check main Rivals within Pokémon: Homeward Bound™ a poster has been added within your bedroom.**

**.For those of you who don't like to complete a game the conventional way, cheats/glitches have been added.(for your amusement I guess.)**

**.Different trainers can have different Pokémon battle graphics.**

Alina_Mau

Kitty Trainer
Years
I don't mind the step downs on the battle bars but I would suggest adjusting them to allow room for the gender sign, it'll fit everything better and look better spaced/planned. I like everything so far though! ^^

LOVELOVELOVE the new face graphics!!! They remind me of old style Harvest Moon pics X3 ♥ If you need help with pixeling I wouldn't mind assisting ^^

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I don't mind the step downs on the battle bars but I would suggest adjusting them to allow room for the gender sign, it'll fit everything better and look better spaced/planned. I like everything so far though! ^^

LOVELOVELOVE the new face graphics!!! They remind me of old style Harvest Moon pics X3 ♥ If you need help with pixeling I wouldn't mind assisting ^^

I would like some help to be honest haha! If you could show me some of your work that would be great...

You've actually reminded me, I have a better design to go in the place of battle bars, so that will change soon enough, so thanks haha...

Yeah I figured these face graphics were better, and in all fairness, my other face graphics were place holders, until I could create my own or get some help...

I have more updates about game-play if anybody is interested, unless you wanna see more graphical changes, or features... I have been working mostly on features in the past few months and a little graphical work...

There are so many little features I'm yet to disclose to the public, there is just not enough time in the day.

Alina_Mau

Kitty Trainer
Years
I would like some help to be honest haha! If you could show me some of your work that would be great...

You've actually reminded me, I have a better design to go in the place of battle bars, so that will change soon enough, so thanks haha...

Yeah I figured these face graphics were better, and in all fairness, my other face graphics were place holders, until I could create my own or get some help...

I have more updates about game-play if anybody is interested, unless you wanna see more graphical changes, or features... I have been working mostly on features in the past few months and a little graphical work...

There are so many little features I'm yet to disclose to the public, there is just not enough time in the day.

In the next day or two I plan to open a pixel gallery showing off my work. (not necisarilly for displaying skill but as a way to keep the stuff from decaying on my comp XD) I did make my avatar that I'm currently using and I plan to continue working on a few more things. I haven't sprited in a long time but I have been making pixel items on a doll site for a while now so I'm not totally out of touch. XD I'll post a link in my sig and let you know when I open so you can see. ^^ ♥

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
In the next day or two I plan to open a pixel gallery showing off my work. (not necisarilly for displaying skill but as a way to keep the stuff from decaying on my comp XD) I did make my avatar that I'm currently using and I plan to continue working on a few more things. I haven't sprited in a long time but I have been making pixel items on a doll site for a while now so I'm not totally out of touch. XD I'll post a link in my sig and let you know when I open so you can see. ^^ ♥

I did actually think that your avatar looked pretty good... Well yeah, if you can get this link up and running, I will have a look, thanks babe :classic:.

Alina_Mau

Kitty Trainer
Years
SO! I finally got my gallery made. XD I'm really comfortable with trainer sprites and it doesn't really matter what size, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. If you want you could also have me do a tester sprite in the size you need. :3

Gallery here!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
SO! I finally got my gallery made. XD I'm really comfortable with trainer sprites and it doesn't really matter what size, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. If you want you could also have me do a tester sprite in the size you need. :3

Gallery here!

WoW, your trainer sprites I like... I don't really have fakemon on this game, so no need for Pokémon, you could always have a go at this:

Trainer.png

Need a battle sprite for her.

Size 128x128, if you could do her in a sexy-ish kind of pose, then that will fit nicely with her character in-game (not a problem if you can't, she's based on my friend and she is real pretty, too much of a tease in all fairness haha)... You can't really tell, but shes wearing a green vest, pink skirt and blue shoes, she has a yellow headband with a pink flower in her left side... If there is any other information you need, let me know.

She's one of my main characters, but without a battle sprite shes quite useless haha. X

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I can beta test.

I could probably use a beta tester to be fair, my main guy has decided to get busy alot lately haha!

This would look amazing if you fixed up the sprites.
What do you mean by "fixed up the sprites"?

Little *UPDATE* for you guys anyway.

New Mini Games have been added like the Bug Catching Contest.
I will post pictures showing this soon, just obviously got to play through the event myself and get pictures etc.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
No more updates :(? don't abandon!

Don't worry this game isn't abandoned, having a major update really, new scripts, Essentials upgrade, more maps being completed, more events being done, more graphics being drawn up, more of the storyline implemented, lot's to do within the game, lot's of NPC's added and more!

The game thus far has been evented all the way up to badge 7 of 8 now, when badge 8 is done, I will play test a couple times, then a download will be available and if no errors persist after my play testing, then I guess this game will be a finished game, (excluding a few graphics missing... Also, I have something special planned for after the Pokémon League too.) which I will be pleased to announce, not too long now :classic:.

Need Some help though if anyone is interested, please look at OP...

Sorry for lack of updates, been sorting everything out and getting the game somewhat complete, I will post a lot of screenshots and update the OP during my game testing, so you all can see what I've been up to.

Last edited:

Shaly

#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
Years
Don't worry this game isn't abandoned, having a major update really, new scripts, Essentials upgrade, more maps being completed, more events being done, more graphics being drawn up, more of the storyline implemented, lot's to do within the game, lot's of NPC's added and more!

The game thus far has been evented all the way up to badge 7 of 8 now, when badge 8 is done, I will play test a couple times, then a download will be available and if no errors persist after my play testing, then I guess this game will be a finished game, (excluding a few graphics missing... Also, I have something special planned for after the Pokémon League too.) which I will be pleased to announce, not too long now :classic:.

Need Some help though if anyone is interested, please look at OP...

Sorry for lack of updates, been sorting everything out and getting the game somewhat complete, I will post a lot of screenshots and update the OP during my game testing, so you all can see what I've been up to.

Glad to hear all of that! U got my full support! Can't wait to play it!:D

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2012
This game sounds pretty cool :] and if I had any experience with making stuff like this, I'd totally help you. But, as it is, I don't so all I can offer you is my best wishes and the hope that this game gets finished!

I love the idea of this!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Thanks for the support guys, Homeward Bound is still in progress, just very slow as I am on my own, and I'm going through graphics myself which takes longer with my lack of skills in that region... The game is still coming along however, and errors with scripts I had before have been ironed out, There is not enough time in the day and by the time I've evented and such, the day is gone and I cannot produce new screenshots... As it stands at the moment, I've almost completed it and will move on to something after the Pokémon League for you guys, I'm currently working on a new system that will hopefully be a nice new addition and you guys won't hate me for it, and when I've worked on it alot more and got it 100% working, I will show you guys, until then, bare with me.

I've changed so much since my last update which is bad on my part as you're not getting the updates you deserve and need, I'm strangely adding fakemons in to the game, but they won't have that much a big part as you'd think, just a few cameos and such.

Events are almost perfect, a few grammer issues, but I'm slowly sorting through those.

I have over 800 trainers for you guys to challenge, get challenged by, re-battle, and test your knowledge with and about Pokémon... Believe me, if you try and go for a team of Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Snorlax, an Eeveelution and Slowbro... and think you will win the Pokémon League! Think again! Trainers and are all somewhat different as you may see within your games or someone else's game... Your Pokémon can become super strong as a Weedle or a Voltorb, you no longer have to evolve your favourite Pokémon for them to be strong (it helps, but not by much.), so beating the Pokémon League with a Sandshrew is possible, all through training.

No more do you have to grind your way to the top, train with your friends, train with your Pokémon and meet new friends who can give your Pokémon new attributes to go through the Pokémon world... Wild Pokémon battles are not all that relevant but to gain levels and nice little stat boosts to help in your journey.

Wild Pokémon can now flee from battle, each Pokémon has a different flee rate and can flee at any time, more on this will come when I've perfected this, it works, but some problems, nothing that can't be adjusted or removed until further notice anyway.

Gym Leaders are tough, they know what they are doing, go in unprepared and you will lose, apart from the first couple of gyms, which have tutorial purposes, the other gyms have a minor twist for your enjoyment.

Despite Maruno's new update with slot machines, I will not have a game corner in my game... This is a nice little twist in the game too, you should enjoy this, I hope haha.

I've recently come across new information to do with Evolutions and now most, if not all, evolve somewhat defferently... Aren't I nice giving you something new to do haha.

Each main character you come across or rival or whomever you meet has a different style of battle, this can be fun or frustrating, depending on how you have trained.

Losing a battle also doesn't mean anything in this game, it's just another battle and possibly more experience, don't fret if you lose, --->it doesn't matter<---... See how nice I am to you guys.

Do you like when you see a Pokémon that randomly makes an appearence, does it make you smile, does it make you want to capture it, does it make you angry that you can't do anything about it, well guess what, this game will make you be all the above, Pokémon make appearences in strange and mysterious ways... After all, some Pokémon have clearly migrated from KANTO to JOHTO, right?!

Keeping your cool is what will make you be Pokémon League champion, don't rush, don't jump into things without proper preperation, a nice hint for you here is, don't just have a moveset of:
TACKLE, DOUBLE EDGE, SCRATCH, TAKEDOWN... Mix it up:
TACKLE, LEER, TAKEDOWN, AGILITY... Status moves help you win battles too.

HM's are gone, why have an HM slave?! FLY and SURF and what not, are moves, but you will probably never use them... The HM itself is in-game, but you cannot junction them to any Pokémon.

Lance makes an appearence as does Lorelei, Koga and Bruno... There are also some other characters you may of liked... AJ makes an appearence too.

Team Rocket are in-game, but they have less of a story line than original ideas, after all, Jessie and James are after Pikachu, not you, Giovanni has other plans too, his motive for being back in KANTO is of a new plan.

Your mother can now hold money for you, withdraw and deposit as you wish... Short jobs will get you the money you need to buy Potion and PokéBalls.

Capturing Pokémon, even useless ones, help for another purpose as opposed to just filling the PokéDex... Filling the PokéDex earns new unlockables too, capture, capture, capture.

The HYPE mode that is added! Gives you a slight boost in stats and in some cases can make you win battles you should never win... A fine example would be the Pikachu, Onix match in the Animé.

I'm sorry there is so much I've done, but listing them will take hours... So hopefully this will keep you interested for the time being...

Area:Status:%done:Level/Info:Priority
Gyms:[||||||||||||||] 100.0%: Easy/Done: Low
Story:[||||||||||||||] 100.0%: Easy/Done: Low
Region:[||||||||||||||] 99.9%: Easy/A couple maps need finishing touches: Low
Events:[||||||||||||||]: 80.0%: Easy/A few more events and done: High
Battles:[||||||||||||||] 80.0%: Easy/Just a few more battles and done: High
Encounters:[||||||||||||||] 50.0%: Easy/It's long winded: Low
Graphics:[||||||||||||||] 50.0%: Hard/Need so many: High
Grammer:[||||||||||||||] 50.0%: Medium/Just need to go through events: Medium
PokémonLeague:[||||||||||||||] 15.0%: Medium/Events need doing: Medium

Please keep the comments coming, it helps me.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
B-E-A-Utiful! verr unique game, cant wait to play it, i wanna be the first to hear of the final release! i support you, go for it!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
When I get the final release you will all be informed, trust me, I'm quite excited to get this game out just as much as you are to play haha.

New update:

I've created a few more FakeMon! I also have a very special FakeMon which will be released at a later date due to it's specialness haha, I may even have a specific event to capture this one... (It's not legendary)... I really want to show you this one, but due to what it is, I'm pretty sure people will steal it, so this can wait til the game is released... If I can keep my mouth shut haha.

Here are a couple of new ones, I'm still working on a few, but these I think are finished. Don't steal these either please.

498h.png
497.png
499z.png

498sb.png
497s.png
499s.png

Let me explain a little:

These are part of the Ant family Pokémon
Top row = Normal
Bottom row = Shiny
Type 1 = Bug
Type 2 = Fire
The queen however, I may consider making her Bug/Flying, kind of like BUTTERFREE, I haven't thought this much through yet.

As you will probably notice straight off, is that the first 2 on each line are different somehow.

Sprite 1 = Female
Sprite 2 = Male
Sprite 3 = Queen.

You've probably guessed already, ONLY the female will evolve, but, they are also classed as 2 different Pokémon, as although they are the same ant, they are different species, the move sets are different one way or another, the abilities are different too.

The differences are that, the Male and Female have different style antenea, the males are longer due to the strength this Pokémon will hold, the females are smaller for speed and nimbleness... The males have "teeth" (I'm not sure what you would call these haha)... Another addition to the move set obviously.

The males have the ability, FlameBody.
The females and the queen has the ability, Rivalry.

The males have a more attacking moveset in this order of learning:
Spoiler:

The females have more to speed:
Spoiler:

The queen has a veriety moveset, mixed between, attack and defence and cannot learn some moves the female ant can learn:
Spoiler:

I still need a spriter, if anyone is interested... I think I'm getting better at it, but it would be nice to have a pro along side of me haha... I won't allow you to do all the work, I will help you, if not do most myself, so it's not a big job for you, as you can see, I do sprites myself.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I will hopefully have a video by tonight which will show Pokémon Battles and Roaming Pokémon...

OR

A video of me playing through a few of the events and maps...

Haven't decided yet, maybe you can decide what you want, and I'll produce that by the end of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back