The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
quilzel
net start w3svc

Nature: Quirky
I have seen some very interesting names for WiFi AP names, but I can never seem to come up with good ones on my own. I personally have been using the model of the router for the SSID, for instance, 'WTR-120N'. However I got bored of that, and changed my network name to 'rwar' for a little while. When I got a new router, I named it 'qwerty'. I don't think either of these are very good. A friend has his network named 'Radius' which I though was pretty cool. So what do you guys do? Any good ideas?

tl;dr
What's your Wifi name?
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I have no control over my wifi name since it's my parents wifi. It's just called grant which is my stepdads name. I hate it so much because it's a name but theres no capital letter! It drives me up the wall >.<
I once saw a wifi that was called "pretty fly for a wifi" though. I've no idea how they managed to get the name to be so long but I thought it was amusing :3 Not very original though since it was featured in How To Geek's wifi name article.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old January 29th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Gerri Shin
  

Nature: Modest
I have 2 networks, the slow one's called The Quibbler, and the faster one is called Lovegood. but unless you know they're there, you won't see them.
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Axeliira

Nature: Brave
Currently, my Wifi's name is 204. I had plans to change it, but I haven't done so. It's been that way since the first we got it, and no it's not the number of my house, jsyk. :P

When I had U-Verse in San Diego, the default name was 2Wire109. I was too lazy to change the name, (and aside from that I suck at naming things) I took down the 109 and renamed it 2WIRED. How unique am I. :P
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:20 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
My wifi name is "valhalla" and all of our computers are named after Norse mythology. We have baldr, freyja, odin, and thor. I think it's cool, at least
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:22 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Ours is "CornersAreAwesome" because our pet fish really likes corners. (He was obsessed with the ones in his tank when we got him.) It was meant to be a wifi name that would just last until we could come up with a witty one but it ended up sticking around because none of us are witty and we are all very lazy. (Also now we have so many gadgets on it that it would just be a pain to reconnect everything.)

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old February 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Nothing too special for me... "Angelfire" is mine. It was a thing a buddy and I had set up, he had "Hellfire", I had "Angelfire"... It was kinda neat.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:33 AM
Tsutarja
Burning hot!

Nature: Jolly
Mine is the default one that came with our specific FiOS modem/router combo.. FQVU4...

When my parents and I had DSL from Verizon, the router we had was a linksys, so that was the SSID.. however one of my neighbors who has a major in computer science came out one day to help us lock it because about 5 or 6 years ago he caught someone using our network and my parents were not aware of that at all, so what he did was lock us out of it temporarily (but he apologized and helped out), and from there, the SSID was named 'Land' (our last name)..

Gym Leader Flannery wants to battle!
Slugma (Lv. 26) - Magma Armor - (Flame Thrower, Sunny Day)
Torkoal (Lv. 28) - White Smoke - (Overheat, Attract)
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
TheAppleFreak
If it works, make it better.

Nature: Lax
One guy whose WiFi penetrates my house has his network named "Bill Wi, the Science Fi"

blind engy modding isn't up yet
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:24 AM
idi0ts
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
"fred". My dad named it so nobody in the neigbourhood would know it's us, even though it's a secure network..
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

SKyNET3_1 is our name. I wasn't sure if I could use a . but I wasn't going to find out.
Old March 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM
quilzel
net start w3svc

Nature: Quirky
I renamed my network to 'pkmn' its short easy to remember, and its awesome 'cause its Pokemon!
Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:17 AM
maryquitecontrary
Unhatched Egg

The wifi at my house is my dad's so it's just the generic company name, but a friend of mine named his wifi "Patrick"... a The Devil Wears Prada reference. Now when anyone uses his wifi they go " I have Patrick!"
Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:25 AM
Forever
let it go

I'm sure I saw a wifi network w/ something rude lately, lool.

Anyway, mine's named Shaka. :3 That = name of my dog that died.
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Renegade1
#1 Noob!

Nature: Serious
Consider naming it: FBI MIC (Mobile Investigation Connection)

I wonder how many people will pick up on and stain their underwear.

Old March 26th, 2012, 05:50 AM
xeenx77
ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ loodɹǝʌıl

My wifi name is "get you own "
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

There is a connection in my neighbor's house (stop not hiding your SSID) named 2WIRE216. My guess for a password- password. My other neighbor (across the street from my backyard, which is drgn.2d12. Wow.
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:07 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Mine will be King Arthur Net or Knights of the Round Net or something. All my computers are named after something with a relation to Arthurian legend; for example, the laptop I got after my first one died is "Excalibur" (fitting, since in the legend, King Arthur got Excalibur after losing the original sword in the stone).

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
vudw
Nocturnal Insomnia

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to vudw
My router is named Eevee, and then I have the faster connection as Eeveon. Everything else of mine branched off of it, like my computer is generally an eeveelution name or a nickname of one of my eeveelutions. x3;

Sometimes, we just don't know...
. . . ...and that's okay.
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:30 PM
~V~
"Winds of a New Beginning"

Nature: Quiet
My roommate named our Wifi: CMUPartysEVRYFRI! CMU the place where I attend college. Funny enough we haven't had anyone come up to the house on Friday to see if there was a party.
Old April 11th, 2012, 10:00 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Hah mine is just "default". Anyone can access it, because my parents are too lazy to do anything about it.

Old April 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM
mameshiba
Creepy Purple Zordon

Nature: Timid
mine is a factory name GZIT2 but i saw one called "hide yo kids hide yo wifi"

I need a ditto safari T_T
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
wonjoon0330
I Quit!

Ours used to be dlink, because we had a dlink router and it was the default network name, but after seeing all of our neighbors pretty much had the same network name(dlink), we changed it to something like neko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeenx77 View Post
My wifi name is "get you own "
lololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Hah mine is just "default". Anyone can access it, because my parents are too lazy to do anything about it.
Oh my god, I almost had a heart attack from laughing lol
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:12 PM
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
When I had my own, it was Mt. Olympus cuz we were cool like that. I'm currently connected to CiscoA6502 (no clue why) and looking at the list, I could connect to more if I wanted to...

oO

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
In my House the main used Router has the SSID "Dunder Mifflin Inc.", obviously a reference to The Office. And my phone's hotspot SSID is "BCTHS_Cafeteria" because I use it in my school and that fits the naming of the other three SSID's we operate (Guest, Student, and Faculty) So nobody will do real questioning when I use it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links