The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 4th, 2012, 09:20 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayin View Post
They're not 17. They're most likely aged between 21 and 24 ish. Have a look at the Birth of Mewtwo script I posted on page 8 .
hmm that's what I'd heard. Although really the age of any anime character isn't clear at all with mixed signals everywhere. I can't remember where I heard Jessie and James were 17 but I heard it repeated a lot.

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
hmm that's what I'd heard. Although really the age of any anime character isn't clear at all with mixed signals everywhere. I can't remember where I heard Jessie and James were 17 but I heard it repeated a lot.
Jessie says she's 17 in the Ultimate Test episode dub, but she also says her profession is diva right after. Not very credible . According to Dogasu she states being 22 in the Japanese version, but I'm not sure. It makes a lot more sense if she's older than 17 considering all the things she has done.

Old February 4th, 2012, 03:54 PM
blufair
Beginning Trainer

It does seem likely that Jessie and James are in their 20s. But I don't think the amount of stuff they've done really matters, considering how much Ash has managed to do at the age of 10.

The show hasn't really been consistent about their ages. The biggest piece of evidence that Jessie is actually a teenager is Holiday Hi-Jynx, which has a flashback to ten years ago where she looks like a little kid. But there is other evidence that points to the characters being older, and they generally get treated like adults... So maybe Jessie was just a really late bloomer. Eating snow instead of food will do that to ya.
Old February 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blufair View Post
It does seem likely that Jessie and James are in their 20s. But I don't think the amount of stuff they've done really matters, considering how much Ash has managed to do at the age of 10.

The show hasn't really been consistent about their ages. The biggest piece of evidence that Jessie is actually a teenager is Holiday Hi-Jynx, which has a flashback to ten years ago where she looks like a little kid. But there is other evidence that points to the characters being older, and they generally get treated like adults... So maybe Jessie was just a really late bloomer. Eating snow instead of food will do that to ya.
Rofl xD. Poor Jessie, she was bragging that snow food made her slimmer, but she omitted that it killed a couple of her brain cells too.

I must admit that the Jynx episode makes it quite inconsistent. In the flashback, Jessie looks like a five year old kid, but no way she's 15 in the series. Dogasu confirms the same number is mentioned in the Japanese version. The only arguments I can come up with is a) error on the writers' side or b) Jessie was lying about her age again (assuming the Japanese narrator isn't the one mentioning the number). I still consider the content of the CD drama as accurate since it has been written by Shudo who created J&J. It also makes more sense.

Last edited by Zayin; February 4th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:40 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Well Holiday Hi-jynx is an episode I stuggle to accept as canon anyway. Team Rocket kidnaped Santa. I think that says it all xD

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
Well Holiday Hi-jynx is an episode I stuggle to accept as canon anyway. Team Rocket kidnaped Santa. I think that says it all xD
Yeah, that's very true lol. I prefer to believe Jessie's flashback was real, but that Jynx didn't belong to Santa. It's also very funny that Santa uses Ponyta because Stantler and Sawsbuck didn't exist back then xD.

For those who have some spare time, the character of the week will be Jessie. I think it's quite on topic. I'll try to finish my assignments and come up with something...

Old February 6th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Musashi
Nope, that's not me

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Musashi Send a message via Yahoo to Musashi Send a message via Skype™ to Musashi
Quote:
For those who have some spare time, the character of the week will be Jessie. I think it's quite on topic. I'll try to finish my assignments and come up with something...
Lol Oh boy, I can write a three page essay on her. XD I'll just condense it into a few nonsensical paragraphs when I get the chance.
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Jessie, I will skip this one, I will only write for James.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Snivy063
Booted out - don't be like me!

Jessie is one of Pokemon's most amusing characters, I'll also try to come up with something tomorrow. :P
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

I might leave more time for her since there's a lot to write (and I'm too busy right now lol). Snor(es)lax, you could just come up with funny nonsense if you feel like it! Back to my books... =(

Old February 7th, 2012, 11:33 PM
vizarod
Beginning Trainer

Username: Vizarod
Partner(s): Gothita and Glameow

And I haven't seen the BW series. If you want to know why, feel free to ask. It's just a little... personal I guess, that's all.

And my post is bold because it wouldn't un-bold. Well now it's just being stupid.
Old February 7th, 2012, 11:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vizarod View Post
Username: Vizarod
Partner(s): Gothita and Glameow

And I haven't seen the BW series. If you want to know why, feel free to ask. It's just a little... personal I guess, that's all.

And my post is bold because it wouldn't un-bold. Well now it's just being stupid.
Welcome vizarod! I hope you'll be a Rocket Regular!

I might try and write one about Jessie tomorrow as well, she is one of my favourite characters after all.
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Welcome Vizarod! :3

I'm surprised no one has written a theory about Jessie yet!

Old February 9th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Welcome vizarod, I just hope that you be active.

And Zayin, nobody likes Jessie I'm just too busy with tests.

Old February 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Me too. Tests, projects, assignments, summer jobs. My head is exploding >_<!!!

Old February 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
blufair
Beginning Trainer

Poor, poor Jessie. I don't think she'd be very happy to learn that Cassidy got so many more theories than she did.

So here's... err... something.

Jessie's hair is actually a Pokemon. This Pokemon, an extremely rare species called Harrier, clings to her head and feeds on her real hair. Jessie herself doesn't realize this, since it's been around as long as she can remember. That's why her hair grows back so quickly when cut: Harrier gets detached from Jessie's head, then wanders back and reattaches itself when nobody is looking. It sags a bit when it gets soaked through, but that implausible curve is actually its natural shape.

The whole thing started years ago, when the Team Rocket scientists were trying to develop super Pokemon-human hybrids. The first step in the process was to genetically engineer a new Pokemon that would attach to humans and develop a symbiotic relationship with them. At first Project Poke-Symbiosis seemed to be a dismal failure. The human test subjects were grunts who had been given lab duties as a punishment for wasting money on missions. None of them were able to properly bond with their Harrier; they just had too much trouble adjusting to having enormous objects stuck to their heads, and all of the threats of beatings and imprisonment in the world didn't seem to do a thing to help. The Harrier, feeling terribly unloved, would inevitably get depressed and detach themselves. But one clever scientist speculated that if they attached the Pokemon to a baby, that baby would grow up loving the Harrier as part of his-or-herself, never knowing how much easier life is when you don't have a massive weight clinging to your head. Since Team Rocket specialized in stealing Pokemon rather than humans, babies were in somewhat short supply. But as luck would have it, it just so happened that one of the elite agents had recently popped out a kid. So one day while Miyamoto was out counting her money, a team of grunts snuck into her apartment and attached a Harrier to her infant daughter. Miyamoto was somewhat surprised to see that Jessie's hair had grown by over a foot over the course of an hour, but she never did bother to give it much thought. Jessie grew up adoring her hair, never knowing that it was actually a Pokemon, and Harrier flourished under her loving vanity. Sadly, Jessie was quickly lost to the foster care system, so the scientists never did learn that their symbiosis experiment was a success.

Harrier talks to Meowth sometimes, but it's threatened to strangle him in his sleep if he tells a soul about it existence. So far, he's managed to keep the secret.

Now come on, surely somebody can come up with a better theory than that.
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Hahahahahahahaha, you've got imagination xD!!!

Old February 11th, 2012, 06:12 PM
2Cool4Mewtwo
Pwning in Ubers since 1996.

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufair View Post
I guess I lost, then... What an idea.

Old February 11th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

You sure will if you don't try anything, hehe. Btw, I love your new avatar!

I will try to write something next Saturday or something. Sprink break, finally! :D

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:25 PM
AmiEkcona
Pokemon Master

Username: AmiEkcona
Partner(s): Meowth and Ekans
I don't know what the current topic is...
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Welcome! The current topic is about writing any theory you have about Jessie. It can be either serious or funny.

Old February 17th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Seki
You idiot!

AmiEkcona, welcome!
As for a random theory for Jessie, I can't seem to think of one.

Old February 17th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Me neither, actually! I have many theories, but they're quite scattered in Jessie's time so I wouldn't know how to put them together... Musashi, we need your 3 page essay!

Old February 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Musashi
Nope, that's not me

Send a message via AIM to Musashi Send a message via Yahoo to Musashi Send a message via Skype™ to Musashi
Quote:
Me neither, actually! I have many theories, but they're quite scattered in Jessie's time so I wouldn't know how to put them together... Musashi, we need your 3 page essay! :P
I'll submit it here eventually! blufair totally has me beat this time around in terms of silly theories though. XD

Sorry I've been so inactive here lately. A lot of bad personal stuffs.
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:03 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Sorry for my inactivity too.

I really can't think of a theory for Jessie but I have been pondering lately if her Woobat will evolve. It does evolve by happiness after all...

Sponsored Links