The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
Did you need to change the starting amount? I know there is a program. If not I might be able to find the offset here somewhere...
It's not that I need to change the starting amount, I just need it for a "secret word" type script. I want to make the word in question depend on some random factors, like the amount of money the player has. Although I really hope it isnt one of those protected offsets...

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
refep
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
How do I edit ruby's intro sprites without pokepic?

Then go to
Pokemon Choas Black.
OR
Fire Emblem

I think you'll like it.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:16 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by refep View Post
What is PokéPic? Is it a tool?

You're supposed to do it on unLZ, which can be easy if you do it right. However, if you're REALLY willing, search up "LZ77" and decompress the pictures by hand, I guess.

If you're talking about Birch's lecture and stuff, then it uses a different compression method (and I can't remember which), and you're going to have to look that up.
----------------------------
ARRIGHT MY QUESTION

Yeah, so I was wondering, how far can a bl instruction reach? I need to go from 0x6840 to 0xEC0000 or so. Will it be able to reach that far?

Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by refep View Post
To tell you the truth I would pretty much like to know how you actually can edit intro sprites WITH PokePic :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
aradatm
Beginning Trainer

Hi I'm new to hacking and I have two questions if anyone could possibly answer them for me. One, can anyone tell me how to script in a double battle where you and a random character fight two wild pokemon/trainers? And the second, it'd be nice to know the command/how to script in so that the system registers a fainted pokemon/egg in your party. For XSE, not PokeScript. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aradatm; February 22nd, 2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Included more detail.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradatm View Post
Hi I'm new to hacking and I have two questions if anyone could possibly answer them for me. One, can anyone tell me how to script in a double battle where you and a random character fight two wild pokemon/trainers? And the second, it'd be nice to know the command/how to script in so that the system registers a fainted pokemon/egg in your party. For XSE, not PokeScript. Thanks in advance.
In emerald I believe there is a part where you and Steven battle together (in the museum I think?). I would open up that script in XSE and have a look. And I don't understand your next question...if you mean to not automatically get sent to the Pokemon center when all your Pokemon faint, I have no idea. I think in pokemon prism there was something like that, but I'm not positive.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:09 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
And the second, it'd be nice to know the command/how to script in so that the system registers a fainted pokemon/egg in your party. For XSE, not PokeScript. Thanks in advance.
I don't know what you mean, but I interpret that as you want to put a fainted Pokémon through the givepokemon command.

First, give a Pokémon as usual, through the givepokemon command. Then what you should do is set the HP to 0 using the callasm command.

How do you do that? Well...you'll have to find out for yourself. I would share it to you, but you seem like a capable young lady (woman, developing senior, etc.) and I think you wouldn't mind using your basic math skills, would you?

Besides, it's fun and satisfying.

Basic Party RAM Data:
Spoiler:
Ruby: 0x03004360, end at +600b for all these offsets
Sapphire: 0x03004360
Emerald: 0x02024190, 0x020244EC for US games
FireRed: 0x02024284
LeafGreen: 0x020241e4

Last edited by droomph; February 22nd, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:41 PM
aradatm
Beginning Trainer

Oh actually the second question stems from the first. Say, you want someone to not double battle you because a Pokemon in the party has fainted and you have one Pokemon that still has its health and is able to fight. What I want is basically to have the game register these things to avoid the double battles when you only have one capable Pokemon in your party so that it avoids the "cloning" Pokemon glitch.

I only use the simple script where if you have one Pokemon, they refuse to battle you but it still counts when you have two or more Pokemon in your party and all but one has fainted...So yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for not being clear the first time.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
BLACKOUT

Nature: Bold
hey everyone i really need an answer to this question because ive been researching all day and ive found nothing.. i was wondering if there was a way to use existing programs like ADVANCED MAP or ADVANCED MART on IPS PATCHES of games. if this is not possible with these programs, then WHAT ARE PROGRAMS THAT CAN DO THIS? im kinda new to hacking so i thought this would be a good place to ask. mainly for 3rd generation hacks by the way.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:05 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Oh actually the second question stems from the first. Say, you want someone to not double battle you because a Pokemon in the party has fainted and you have one Pokemon that still has its health and is able to fight. What I want is basically to have the game register these things to avoid the double battles when you only have one capable Pokemon in your party so that it avoids the "cloning" Pokemon glitch.

I only use the simple script where if you have one Pokemon, they refuse to battle you but it still counts when you have two or more Pokemon in your party and all but one has fainted...So yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for not being clear the first time.
The tag battle in Emerald is based on a special, so I don't know of any way to do a tag battle in any other game. And in any case, it wouldn't do wild battles either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
I don't know what you mean, but I interpret that as you want to put a fainted Pokémon through the givepokemon command.

First, give a Pokémon as usual, through the givepokemon command. Then what you should do is set the HP to 0 using the callasm command.

How do you do that? Well...you'll have to find out for yourself. I would share it to you, but you seem like a capable young lady (woman, developing senior, etc.) and I think you wouldn't mind using your basic math skills, would you?

Besides, it's fun and satisfying.

Basic Party RAM Data:
Spoiler:
Ruby: 0x03004360, end at +600b for all these offsets
Sapphire: 0x03004360
Emerald: 0x02024190, 0x020244EC for US games
FireRed: 0x02024284
LeafGreen: 0x020241e4
Actually, you don't even need ASM to change stats of a Pokemon, in a party or even in a wild battle. You can find the data structure of a Pokemon here. All thats required is a "writebytetooffset" command, and you can change the Pokemons stats, its current HP, status ailments, and plenty of other stuff. However, stuff like moves and IVs are protected in a different way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post
In emerald I believe there is a part where you and Steven battle together (in the museum I think?). I would open up that script in XSE and have a look. And I don't understand your next question...if you mean to not automatically get sent to the Pokemon center when all your Pokemon faint, I have no idea. I think in pokemon prism there was something like that, but I'm not positive.
It was at the Mossdeep Space Center, but it's no matter. And the command you're talking about is trainerbattle 0x9 [Trainer Number] 0x0 [Text when opponent is defeated] [Text when rival is defeated].
Irrelevant, but I just wanted to help

Quote:

Like one of the answers above me, the offsets for the Pokemon data are easily accessable without ASM. With a little math, you can insert the commands "comparefarbytetobyte [OFFSET OF CURRENT HP] 0x0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK0UT View Post
hey everyone i really need an answer to this question because ive been researching all day and ive found nothing.. i was wondering if there was a way to use existing programs like ADVANCED MAP or ADVANCED MART on IPS PATCHES of games. if this is not possible with these programs, then WHAT ARE PROGRAMS THAT CAN DO THIS? im kinda new to hacking so i thought this would be a good place to ask. mainly for 3rd generation hacks by the way.
Whats wrong with just patching the IPS patch to a rom and editing the patched rom?

Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK0UT View Post
Well, if you're talking about those picky-picky hacks who don't want people "cheating their way past the storyline", then what you do is find which game it was based on, and then copy the header (the first three hundred bytes or so) of a clean ROM it was based on onto the one you want to edit, and you've successfully unlocked it.

By the by:
Spoiler:

Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Kamon137

I'd like to find out how to adjust the music that plays during certain battles in Emerald version.

I've found out so far that it seems to depend on the trainer's title (for trainer battles), or the species (for wild Pokémon), and what I'd like to do is adjust a few of these that don't already have different music (i.e. adjust Articuno so that it plays the FR/LG legendary music, or adjust the Schoolboy trainers to play the FR/LG music).

Since Emerald already has all of FR/LG's music, I'm glad I don't have to mess around with importing new music, but I'd really like to figure out how to adjust the above. I've searched around for some answers for a couple days, but I've had no luck.

If none of that is possible, is there any other way to trigger a particular track of music during a wild/trainer battle?
Old February 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
redriders180

I still need that offset for the amount of money the player founds, but I also have another question. Basically, I need to make a box similar to the showmoney and showcoins box. But I need this box to display a certain string when its called in a script, in my case. I'd use a showpokemonpic command or something like that if i could, but I want the box to be smaller than 64x64. I'm hacking Firered, version 1.0, with JPANs hack engine. If someone could point me to a tutorial or something, I'd be most obliged.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:35 PM
Capitalist Ness

Nature: Relaxed
I'm making a hack, and I have one problem...
Marill, to breed Azurill, needs to have Sea Incense while breeding, but I don't want Marill to breed Azurill in that way. I want it to breed in regular way.
Same with others Pokemon that need Incenses to breed to lowest evolution stage.
Do I need to modify it in hex?
Or derp in ASM?
Or there's a simple tool to modify this?
Please help.

Last edited by Capitalist Ness; February 24th, 2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: typos, derp
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Jay the penguin

is there a way in Amap to expand the tileset count?

My Hack!
Visit the thread!
Old February 23rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Speedster
The Unknown

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamon137 View Post
I'd like to find out how to adjust the music that plays during certain battles in Emerald version.

I've found out so far that it seems to depend on the trainer's title (for trainer battles), or the species (for wild Pokémon), and what I'd like to do is adjust a few of these that don't already have different music (i.e. adjust Articuno so that it plays the FR/LG legendary music, or adjust the Schoolboy trainers to play the FR/LG music).

Since Emerald already has all of FR/LG's music, I'm glad I don't have to mess around with importing new music, but I'd really like to figure out how to adjust the above. I've searched around for some answers for a couple days, but I've had no luck.

If none of that is possible, is there any other way to trigger a particular track of music during a wild/trainer battle?
Its a bit complicated but this may help. Its for Ruby however so may not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
I still need that offset for the amount of money the player founds, but I also have another question. Basically, I need to make a box similar to the showmoney and showcoins box. But I need this box to display a certain string when its called in a script, in my case. I'd use a showpokemonpic command or something like that if i could, but I want the box to be smaller than 64x64. I'm hacking Firered, version 1.0, with JPANs hack engine. If someone could point me to a tutorial or something, I'd be most obliged.
I'm still not sure where to access the money offset. Couldn't it be related to the PokeMart script in which your money is shown? As for your second question, I've been working on this on right now. As far as I can say right now you need to create your own ASM routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame View Post
I'm making a hack, and I have one problem...
Marill, to breed to Azurill, need to have Sea Incense while breeding, but I don't to Marill breed Azurill in that way. I want it to breed in regular way.
Same with others Pokemon that need Incenses to breed to lowest evolution stage.
Do I need to modify it in hex?
Or derp in ASM?
Or there's a simple tool to modify this?
Please help.
I'm not exactly sure but I'll take a peek around to see what I can find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay the penguin View Post
is there a way in Amap to expand the tileset count?
Yes but only for the secondary tileset though. Go into A-Map, select a map, click the purple puzzle piece near the top, once the window opens click "Blocks," scroll to "Change amount" and select the max amount.

.:Aegis:.
~coming soon~
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:21 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Something I've always wondered but never really looked into; the door animations of Pokémon Ruby (and Emerald, if you like).

The animations that show when the player walks through a door in Pokémon Ruby and Emerald take up two tiles; the door itself, and the tile above it. This is not the case in FireRed or LeafGreen, where the doors' animations only use one tile. This means that in FireRed, doors can be interchangable between buildings and so on, but you can't get away with that in Ruby or Emerald, seeing as the tile above the door will always show, and so the tiles will be mismatched.

I'm aware that there are various tools out there to edit the door animations, but what I want to know is if anyone's managed to make an RSE door animation use just one tile? If I recall correctly, editing the animation so that the top tile is 'transparent' doesn't work, but I may be mistaken. Thoughts?

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old February 25th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Masterchief1755
Beginning Trainer

I assume this is where this goes. This is driving me up the wall. I've found the dozens of map editors etc....but is there a program that allows you to edit the pokemon directly? Like their evolution levels etc. PokemonAmplifier does it for all the GBA games, but I can't for the life of me find one for second gen games. The ONLY thing I want to edit is that...so I can maybe have a Kadabra that evolves, or Haunter etc. It'd amazing if it existed or if there's a way.
Old February 25th, 2012, 02:51 AM
wierddude22
New hacker

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to wierddude22 Send a message via Skype™ to wierddude22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief1755 View Post
I assume this is where this goes. This is driving me up the wall. I've found the dozens of map editors etc....but is there a program that allows you to edit the pokemon directly? Like their evolution levels etc. PokemonAmplifier does it for all the GBA games, but I can't for the life of me find one for second gen games. The ONLY thing I want to edit is that...so I can maybe have a Kadabra that evolves, or Haunter etc. It'd amazing if it existed or if there's a way.
http://swamperttools.webs.com/downloads.htm
look for a tool called poke edit or something like that
Old February 25th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Magic

Does anyone know the offset for the starting map/bank/co-ordinates for FireRed? I've been doing Hex searches for 0401FF0607 but can't find anything, I'm probably not even doing it right ><.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old February 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
Does anyone know the offset for the starting map/bank/co-ordinates for FireRed? I've been doing Hex searches for 0401FF0607 but can't find anything, I'm probably not even doing it right ><.
If what you want is to change the starting map, there's a tool for it. http://www.pokemonpoint.com/tools/st...ooser-advance/

Otherwise, I can't help, sorry.
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Rumille
Togepi

Well, this is a really basic question, but I couldnt really find it in any tutorials or the search function, because I assume people find it basic knowledge. Yet, I'm gonna ask it anyway.

How does the dynamic offset work? How do you know what code to use after '#dynamic'. And what does it even do. Really, I'm stumped.
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
If what you want is to change the starting map, there's a tool for it. http://www.pokemonpoint.com/tools/st...ooser-advance/

Otherwise, I can't help, sorry.
I have that tool, however the problem is that you can't change Y-Values with it.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Bojs
Beginning Trainer

I learned some codes etc. but i need the code list for items,pokemons and movements...pls in notepad if someone has
Old February 25th, 2012, 03:53 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumille View Post
Well, this is a really basic question, but I couldnt really find it in any tutorials or the search function, because I assume people find it basic knowledge. Yet, I'm gonna ask it anyway.

How does the dynamic offset work? How do you know what code to use after '#dynamic'. And what does it even do. Really, I'm stumped.
#dynamic is to find free space for you.

So instead of having to count all the bytes and doing math, you just have to pick out a random offset (e.g. 0x800000) and then it will count the bytes for you. Trust me it's easy.

Example:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @hello 0x2
release
end

#org @hello
= Hey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojs View Post
I learned some codes etc. but i need the code list for items,pokemons and movements...pls in notepad if someone has
Google is your friend.

items.txt
movements.txt
stdpoke.txt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
I have that tool, however the problem is that you can't change Y-Values with it.
Wait...

Does the Y-Value box not exist, or does entering a Y-value return an error?

Last edited by droomph; February 25th, 2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here