Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 23rd, 2012, 10:00 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Majestic clouds graced the red sky, reflecting iridescently in the shimmering lake below. The SHC watched as the sun climbed slowly over the horizon, illuminating a bright new day of wonder and joy. The Golden Era had begun.

Oh my gosh!!!!

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's absolutely fantastic to see a great legend return!

I'm G-Money, and I, well, hunt shinies. I bet you couldn't have guessed that, "lol."

No new shiny stories!? Well, you know what that means. :cer_tongue: You've failed your duty as RETIRED CO-OWNER, so I'm going to have to promote you to CURRENT, SUPER-COOL, TOTALLY AWESOME LIVING CO-OWNER! Welcome back to the club!

Shiny Hunter Demoonica wanders into the Club building after a long tireless hunt, and a vacation. Her ever present Shiny Absol, Rubido, by her side. She's covered in the normal dust and grime of a long journey.

She sits like an old story teller and speaks:

"I don't think I have any new Shiny Stories... can't remember posting about the Zubat or not, so it may be 'new' for updates purposes. I am sure I posted the Masuda-hatched Cyndaquil though, I think that was the last I updated.

I'll need to post a full Shiny list soon, see what's where."
3DS Friend Code
Demoonica: 2680 - 9705 - 3207
Ice Type Safari: Piloswine, Delibird, Bergmite

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:52 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
..Hi!

It's been awhile since I've done anything here..or on my game! I may or may not be active. The only reason I am hear now is because I am playing through Black again :x BUT I MIGHT STAY!

I haven't gotten a shiny since my Zubat a few months ago..I haven't even played any games lol. I am just now using Zubat for the first time in Black. With university and work (imma manager nao) I've been pretty busy..

But yeah. I am playing through in hopes to get a shiny on the way through. If not I might do some REing on Route 5 (already have 1000 REs in from a past hunt) or do some SRing for Landorus..who knows.
Hey! I was reading through old posts the other day, and you looked like a great shiny hunter of the past, sadly lost for generations to come.. But it seems to be member revival week in the SHC, as LDD's back, and now you randomly reappear! Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money
Wow, those are awesome!! Thank you so much! Would you grant permission for me to put those in the first post so any member can use them?
I'm glad you like them, and I'd be honoured to have them on the front page! It's just that the image hosting site I put those on was apparently only temporary, (curse you Chinese fakers) which is why none of them are working right now except TSE's, who was smart enough to copy hers to her tPC albums. I'm doing the same now, link will be edited in later.

Good luck everybody!

EDIT: Here are the userbars, I take it we all know how to use the IMG code:

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture...ictureid=63417

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture...ictureid=63415

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture...ictureid=63416

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture...ictureid=63418

URL: http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture...ictureid=63414

Last edited by SS01; February 24th, 2012 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Added Userbars
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:21 AM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
Welcome to the club, RingoH! Yes, we consider RNG abuse a form of cheating.
That's understandable. I only RNG my egg bred Pokemon, but I'll keep hunting for shinies. On Emerald I twice encountered shiny Pokemon I accidentally fainted. The second time I encountered one I was tempted to use my master ball because I wanted a shiny so bad.

My dream is to catch a shiny ditto. I want one so bad and since they can't be bred... Well I see it as elusive.
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Weber
Thats Farfetch'd

Nature: Relaxed
well yesterday was the one year mark with out a shiny... BUT i got charmander to finally shine after 27238 soft resets and eggs combined. so happy right now that i finally got it!

i kinda want to go after squirtle or bulbasaur now...
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

I'm a fanfiction writer, so if my post are off... *coughs* blame too many Naruto fics.

Okay, as it has been forever this CURRENT, SUPER-COOL, TOTALLY AWESOME LIVING CO-OWNER is going to turn on her copy of Black and give you all a rundown of her Shinys. All of them, divided by source.

Caught on one of my various 3rd Gen and up games (Count: 29)
Gloom, Vileplume, Bellsprout, Victreebel, Tenacool, Gengar, Starmie, Bellossom, Heracross, Mightyena, Zigzagoon, Linoon, Seedot, Swellow, Wingull, Pelipper, Sableye, Lairon, Manectric, Roselia, Seviper, Baltoy, Dusclops, Absol, Bidoof, Shinx, Gastrodon, Golbat, Typhlosion

"Clones" (not counted) (Count: 5)
Tentacruel (from above Tentacool) Nuzleaf & Shiftry (from above Seedot), Claydol (from above Baltoy), Dusknoir (from above Dusclops)

Trades (Count: 9)
Ninetails, Machamp, Crobat, Beautifly, Luxray, Budew, Leafeon, Zubat, Espeon (as an Eevee)

Events (Count: 10/7)
Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu (only 1 counts), Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Zigzagoon, Zigzagoon, Gyarados, Gyarados (only 1 counts)

Trade-hacks (not counted) (Count:3)
Tyranitar, Shaymin, Arceus

Total Shiny Hunter Club Count: 45 of 56 are Club acceptable
3DS Friend Code
Demoonica: 2680 - 9705 - 3207
Ice Type Safari: Piloswine, Delibird, Bergmite

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Haven't been around here in ages even though I am around the forum a lot.

Nothing new really for me though, been doing a lot of challenges and hoping to get a shiny through that. But with buying the VITA I have been playing that far to much.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:37 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I guess one could call it a shame, but...
MY COLOR SCHEME HAS CHANGED!
I now specialize in all shines if the ocean color pallet variety (if yellow and purple fit into that group)

because my hunt has ended

between 1,000-2,000 SRs and many voltorb flip games to cut through the boredom, abra is mine! I have thus named him albus and have evolved him into a kadabra. His nature is surprisingly a good one: quiet, so yay!

Now to beat whitney...and then on to eevee! I am joining back in the race even if it has already been won (congratulations btw, and congrats to anyone else who snagged a shiny). Blue ringed umbreon here I come!
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I guess I'll do the same as LDD since none of my shinies are listed.

Exploud [F] Caught in Emerald - Random Encounter (not hunted)
Crobat [F] Caught in Soul Silver - Random Encounter (not hunted)
Audino [F] Caught in Black (I think) - Random Encounter (not hunted)
Musharna [M] Caught in Black (I think) - Masuda Method
Serperior [M] Caught in White (I think) - Masuda Method
Bibarel [F] Caught in Platinum - Random Encounter (hunted)
Staraptor [F] Caught in Soul Silver - Masuda Method
Darmanitan [M] Caught in White - Masuda Method
Beldum - Caught in Ruby - Soft Reset (ROM)
Shuckle [F] - Caught in Fire Red - Random Encounter (hunted - ROM)
Goldbat [F] Caught in Platinum - Random Encounter (not hunted)

Don't know the policy on ROMs now..
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Welcome back Landorus and Razer302! It must be reunion week.

Congrats on the shiny Charmander, Weber!

Congrats on the shiny Abra, GolurkIsDaBomb!

I'm only hatching Sandile right now. If I hatch a shiny one, it's guaranteed to have a perfect IV in Attack. It will also have the egg move Pursuit. I will spend some time alternating between Sandile and Litwick.

Thank you for the new congrats.
Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
Old February 25th, 2012, 03:41 AM
LucarioGuild7

Nature: Jolly
Wow so i heard we have some old legends back in the club and since im reletivily new i feel a great honor
Good luck with your sandile Latios Master I hope he shines soon
Oh also i should mention that im up to 47 eggs on dratini(been catching up on work so i dont fail XD)
Join The Guild
---------------
Pokemans!!!
Old February 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
LordxDanswich
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
Wow, 100% sure the shiny gods are making up for losing those four shinies now.

Yet another shiny while EV training Frillish

Lucky file or what?
Reclaim quest Begin!

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old February 25th, 2012, 01:53 PM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Ahh! School!

It's so awesome to see a bunch of legendary shiny hunters back - so welcome back!

Congrats on all the shinies I've missed out on congratulating
I hope everyone gets a bunch of shinies soon!

As for me, I decided on a nickname for my Shiny Snivy, Oshawott and Tepig if/when I get them. I also got up to 1900 eggs for Snivy today. Hopefully I'm nearly there!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old February 25th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Keruso

sigh.............my games dont want to give me what i want. I mean, seriously, this guy only comes at night at 5% encounter rate. at most, i may have only seen 10 of these before he shone. yeah, im complaining a little bit, let me have my moment. i WANT an Abra. im continuing in the same area, hopefully this time i get something else. if i get something other than an Abra, i may have to gamecorner this guy in FireRed. and as always, the second pic:

it's always nice to see some of the old people return.
Old February 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Hi everyone, sorry for not posting lately, I had problems to enter the site, but now everything is ok.

to summarize, congrats to everyone with new shinies, specially latios master because his drought finally ended, welcome to new members and welcome to old (legendary) ones, it's good to see this place revived, hope it continues that way.

well just posting to let you know everything is ok here, cya soon and happy hunting.
Old February 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

So while playing through my Black I decided that I will encounter 150 Pokemon on each route. But I will be using two DSs to encounter..so, yeah. The shiny I find will be the final member of my team. I will keep going through until I get one.
Old February 25th, 2012, 06:08 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Boom goes the dynamite!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwm9t0CmIVI

This will make G-Money happy, lol.

I had beaten the Olivine gym the night before, and saved and quit. Today I fired my game up and decided where I should go next. My Pokemon were at Lv. 30-32 and wanted to get the most out of them before continuing. One of the places I hadn't been yet was the little secret area on the Day Care route south of Goldenrod City. So I headed there, started Surfing, and then Pokemon encounter. And there it was. I noticed the light blue/green right away and closed my DS and couldn't believe it. I hurried and set my stuff up and recorded the capture. :D

I'm gonna keep playing and see if I stir more up.

oh, hello everyone. LOL!
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Sephirothxx
Pre-ordered Omega Ruby <3 I'll finally be up to date with Pokemon.

How do you guys get the patience to look for shinies and/or hatch shinies? I'd go on long expeditions for shinies and I can never get a hold of one.
Old February 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

For the first time all year, I actually spent more than an hour hunting, "lol."

1066 Eevee conquered by William of Normandy (none of them were shiny, unfortunately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latios Master View Post
It must be reunion week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
it seems to be member revival week in the SHC
This is so awesome! I like revival week better than reunion week, though, since it reunion sounds temporary, whereas what's happening now at the SHC is a permanent upswing! It only gets better!! :cer_laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
BUT I MIGHT STAY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
Haven't been around here in ages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
Hi everyone,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
This will make G-Money happy, lol.
WELCOME BACK!! It's really great to see so many great hunters return.

Congrats on the Tentacool, DDD! I knew you'd get one soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
My dream is to catch a shiny ditto. I want one so bad and since they can't be bred... Well I see it as elusive.
Go for it, dude! Ditto is one of the coolest-looking shinies out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weber View Post
charmander to finally shine after 27238 soft resets and eggs combined.
Please excuse me while I go get my jaw off of the floor. 27,238!???? My goodness Weber, that's insane!!! That must be one of the longest hunts ever. A huge congrats on getting it and I hope you get BOTH Bulbasaur and Squirtle really soon! You deserve the whole trio for that many, "lol."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Demoonica Darkmoon View Post
Total Shiny Hunter Club Count: 45 of 56 are Club acceptable
The rules have changed a little bit, at least for the moment. Since there aren't any cards or Pokedex at the moment, we're being a bit lax with counting things. MetalMario mentioned a few months ago about making a new Dex for the club that would categorize shinies by method obtained, which would eliminate worrying about what would or wouldn't count, allowing everyone to make their own distinctions. For example, even though the club doesn't support RNGing or ROMs, people would still be able to hunt that way and then they'd get sorted under their respective categories. MM hasn't been around for a while, though, so I can't promise if that will happen. If not, we might start up the manual Dex again at some point in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
because my hunt has ended
Congrats! Good luck on your Ocean Palette Quest - that's probably the most creative hunt I've heard of. Also, welcome to the Eevee race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir Makarov View Post
Congrats!! It seems your shipment of luck has been delivered, "lol."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
sigh.............my games dont want to give me what i want
"lol" Keruso, I can't believe you're complaining about getting a shiny! If it makes you feel any better, just think about if that Venomoth wasn't shiny - you wouldn't have thought twice about it! There's no way that it should yield a negative happiness utility, "lol." At the very least it should be 0, since that's what a normal Venomoth would be. I know you already now this, but still: that Venomoth isn't taking any shininess out of your game!! Your next Abra still has a 1/8192 chance (well, whatever probability your line has ), and it's not like the Venomoth is sapping any shininess away from potential Abra!!!!

SRing for Abra is really fun, since you can do 81 at a time and it seems like they're a lot faster. You wouldn't have to worry about those evil shiny Venomoth drinking out of your Abra's luck buckets that way...I hear the Game Corner keeps very good care of their luck buckets and makes sure all of the Pokemon kept there get their fair share. :cer_laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothxx View Post
How do you guys get the patience to look for shinies and/or hatch shinies? I'd go on long expeditions for shinies and I can never get a hold of one.
Maybe you should try counting your encounters? I find that counting how many Pokemon I've seen gives me a lot of determination to keep going, since I can tangibly see my number getting closer to my next shiny. Maybe start by doing something like 200 encounters each day (in 3rd gen games, this is only about an hour each day), and you'll likely have a shiny in about 40 days! Just keep up hope, and remember that the next one could always be shiny!
Shiny Hunting Status:

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; February 25th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old February 25th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Weber
Thats Farfetch'd

im going to finish hatching my axews on black first and perhaps finish all the games i started playing through before i get to bulbasaur and squirtle, atleast i believe i will do that becuase i dont know if i do have a squirtle or bulbasaur that i can breed, and if im going to shiny hunt i want to be able to breed them as well becuase i dont have the fear or SR'ing over them.

only 58k encounters til i get both of them by charmander logic!

thanks every one for the support though and good luck to all of those who are not having any luck, just stick to it and eventually it will shine.
Old February 25th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Woobat, Vladimir Makarov!

Congrats on the shiny Venomoth, Keruso! I'm sure you'll get a shiny Abra soon.

Congrats on the shiny Tentacool, DDD'SSCEPTILE! Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioGuild7 View Post
Good luck with your sandile Latios Master I hope he shines soon
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr. Draco View Post
congrats to everyone with new shinies, specially latios master because his drought finally ended
Thank you!

Quote:
This is so awesome! I like revival week better than reunion week, though, since it reunion sounds temporary, whereas what's happening now at the SHC is a permanent upswing! It only gets better!! :cer_laugh:
Yes, revival week sounds better.
Pokémon White Friend Code: 4813 6266 9528
Pokémon Black 2 Friend Code: 1979 7985 3252
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:56 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
363 Snivy.
100 Eevee.
300 Pikachu.

OMGOMG!! G-Money posted twice in three days!! :cer_boogie:

Quote:
It better be permanent.

Quote:
SRing for Abra is really fun, since you can do 81 at a time and it seems like they're a lot faster. You wouldn't have to worry about those evil shiny Venomoth drinking out of your Abra's luck buckets that way...I hear the Game Corner keeps very good care of their luck buckets and makes sure all of the Pokemon kept there get their fair share. :cer_laugh:
Eh...Huh...Wha...? How the heck do you do 80 AT ONCE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money's signature
Credit to ShinySearcher01 for the first userbar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee's signature
Credit to ShinySearcher01 for the first userbar, credit to me for everything else.
Thanks guys! But honestly, you don't need to give me credit for those.
(unless you want to!) So just saying, if you think your sig looks better without
it, don't worry. I was just trying to help the club a little.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by SS01; February 26th, 2012 at 06:01 AM.
Old February 26th, 2012, 12:34 PM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
*G-Money told me to!*
I'm gonna make a post about a shiny quest I have going right now...

So, I have a Nintendo DS Lite sticker/stickers, which cover the top and the inside. It's inspired by Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, and it was from the UK Pokémon magazine, Pokémon World. The inside of the DS looks like the cover for the game:
Spoiler:

(Without the Meganium)
And the front is a piece of fan/art:

Spoiler:

My quest was to get all of the Pokémon on the front in shiny form first, and then possibly all of them (apart from Shaymin) in shiny form afterwards. As you can see, I already have Eevee and Riolu (And Shinx chained, but I want another "legit" one)

So yeah! I don't know when I'll resume this quest, it'll probably just be an ongoing thing progressing a little each time I get one of them. And as I really like all of these Pokémon, I would have gotten them all anyway xD

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:33 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Just got to 1500 encounters, I am on Route 16 in the double grass right now. I skipped the desert, resort gate and resort. So I have to make up for the 450 lost encounters elsewhere (made up 150 in Illusion Forest already, so I did 300 in it.) I did do the Relic Castle though there isn't a sandstorm in it. I have to work from 9PM to 5AM today, and then I work every day until Thursday. But I have school on Thursday (and Tuesday) then I work everyday until the next Tuesday..so I won't be doing much hunting..
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Seeing all the people coming back when I first started here brings back all the old memories of shiny hunting during classes in school and at any spare opportunity I got.

Still playing my VITA heavily right now. But seeing all these shiny's its time to bust out some hunting time I think.

Want to add on to my current of as I remember only being 3 after my old save got deleted >.>
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:15 PM
DDD'SSCEPTILE
GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DDD'SSCEPTILE
Thanks everyone. I'm not specifically searching for anything, but playing is better than nothing.
Unfortunately, I'm at that part of HG/SS where it's mostly battles instead of wild Pokemon encounters, and will be until I beat out Team Rocket and the Mahogany Gym...
I don't have much faith in my team. I thought they'd be fun but I'm thinking about reconstructing it a little now that I'm deeper into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Eh...Huh...Wha...? How the heck do you do 80 AT ONCE?
Good question and I can't resist but answer.

You can have a maximum 9999 Coins in FR/LG. This way, you can buy 82? Abras I think. Check the ones in your party and then check all the boxes (trust me, it's best to have open clear boxes for this). No shiny, just SR.
Easily one of the easiest and best Pokemon to SR for shininess.
It's also the best way to sift for Synchronizers and how I got 90%+ of mine.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten a shiny Abra via this method, but it makes me want to try again. (I did get my shiny Scyther this way, though. I think that was my last 3rd Gen shiny before 4th Gen came along. Memory is fuzzy...)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here