The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM
The Void
Iron hand in a velvet glove

Nature: Calm
Guys, guys, settle down! It's offical! The true creator/ancestor of all Pokemon is actually Satoshi Tajiri!

If you think of it, this case is quite similar to the one true God (in most religions) and our first ancestors, the singular cellular DNA thingies! Why? Because fyi, Arceus's traits were actually based on Yahweh, the one true God in Jewish religion, while Mew was based on those single cell DNA thingies, from which all real world life forms evolved from. Also, Mew's Pokedex entries never stated Mew to be the ancestor of all Pokemon. No! It only stated that Mew contained every single DNA of each Pokemon and is believed by scientists to be the ancestor of all Pokemon, meaning that Mew being every Pokemon's ancestor is just a theory. Arceus could've just created Mew for the purpose of carrying every Pokemon's DNA, including Arceus's. Anyway, while Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon is merely a theory and not a fact, Arceus's species is identified by the Pokedex as the Alpha Pokemon, meaning the first. The Original One.

Speaking of species, did you know that the Pokedex identifies Arceus as the Alpha Pokemon and Mew as the New Species Pokemon? Based on these names, which do you think came first? Alpha is the very first letter of the greek alphabet and is usually used to symbolize being the first and original one. Mew, on the other hand, is a New Species Pokemon probably because when Arceus created Mew, it meant the start of a new generation of species. A species called Pokemon.

C'mon, guys! This is hardly as hard as the 'Chicken or Egg' debate...
Old January 10th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
I know that you might disagree on my opinion. But I think that Mew came before Arceus. Because that they mentioned that Mew has the same DNA of all Pokemon and in the first Mew movie, Mew must have created itself(same to Arceus, but didn't exist in the anime or games until Gen IV) in a void of Chaos, and was the first Pokemon. Then he must have created the other Pokemon(such as Arceus), then Arceus must have created the other Legendary Pokemon. But that the reason why Arceus must have been classified as a god is maybe of my theory: Maybe because that Mew must have passed on it's job to Arceus and that Arceus must be classified as the "god" of Pokemon. Then that the rest of the regular Pokemon much have been made naturally(Banette made of a doll), some of them are prehistoric naturally by the gods, and that the rest was made soon after naturally to adapt to their area. Plus, it did say that Mew carries all the DNA of the Pokemon, so it must be first. Anyways, do you think that either Arceus or Mew was the first Pokemon to be born? Sources tooken by Bulbapedia, Serebii, and other forums. Brief summary: Mew was made of itself, it then "created" Arceus in a egg of chaos, then that Arceus created the rest of the Pokemon and the universe, and took Mew's Role as the creator of Pokemon and for making the Legendaries. But this is a theory, not a fact. EDIT: I didn't know that there was a forum post like this, it probably took my post to here.
Old January 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Count

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
One of those stories that will be discussed either way. My question would be is, how was Arceus, itself, created?
That's like asking, how was God created? lol

But arceus is much like God. I mean religious people argue (iirc) that there could not randomly have been a universe, but the same thing goes for God himself. Like how could there randomly have been a God?

How could there randomly have been a pokemon? But that's a different discussion...

I just think that Arceus stands above all pokemon (even though I think Arceus is incredibly lame) and Mew was the first pokemon he created. Therefore Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon.

3DS FC: 2062-9927-6099
Fairy: Swirlix, Dedenne, Floette.
Old January 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
I've always thought that Arceus created the planet with it's plates and that mew then came and made all the Pokémon. Like bulbapedia says, it is unknown whether Mew even originated on earth, it could have come to the planet after arceus created it and made it possible for life to thrive.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Last edited by Cosmotone8; January 11th, 2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Left out info
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Andy2019
Beginning Trainer

That's also what I believe as well that Mew could have came from another species or universe of Pokemon, afterall it is a mirage Pokemon.
Old January 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Jayster23
A Promise To Return

Arceus is the god of the Pokemon World.
Mew is like Jesus, except without a beard. And no resurrection.
Personally, I think the Pokemon Company just seriously hoped no one got that bored that they realised they stuffed up and created so many loopholes in the theory of Pokemon.

But that leaves the question of is it a Pokemon world with Humans or a Human world with Pokemon? Are Humans from another planet?
Questions for the universe in which supposably Arceus had something to do with.
Old January 18th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Sayan
is tightening its focus

Arceus is the so called creator of the universe. So if it actually exists (which it does, cause you can see, battle and even catch it), it must have been the 1st thing to actually exist. Everything else was later made by it (maybe I should write "It" with a cap I).

Arceus is the creator but not the ancestor. It created Mew, and all other Pokemon were born of Mew (don't ask how). So I think Arceus came first.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 18th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
I'd have to say Arceus since he did create every other Pokemon out there barring experiments such as Mewtwo and Castform to name a few though.

Gotta love the high life.
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Malek Warhawk
Epic Adventurer

Nature: Naive
When I saw this topic, I instantly made up the story of how it all happened...

But I'm not sure if people would want me to post it here...

(for the creepy factor...)
For more info, PM me please!
Old January 18th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster23 View Post
But that leaves the question of is it a Pokemon world with Humans or a Human world with Pokemon? Are Humans from another planet?
Questions for the universe in which supposably Arceus had something to do with.
This just blew my mind.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 1st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Kirbydude56
Beginning Trainer

Idk Arceus is known as God of all pokemon so I dont think mew is the ancestor of all by which means he is God too that makes no sense.
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Ciz
La la la ♪

Well probably Arceus made Mew in my opinion. Arceus might have made the DNA of the self-generating Mew. Arceus is GOD, and Mew is still just a Pokemon.

Religions aside. Just Pokemon. Just Satoshi.

C i Z
Old February 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Barrels
The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I chuckled when I saw the title of this thread. We'll have to add another entry to the list of things most likely to cause an argument: politics, religion and Pokémon.

For what it's worth, I'm sticking by Mew. It just makes me grin to think that the ancestor of all Pokémon is a small, pink, furry kitten with a mischievous streak. (Although the base stats argument is worryingly convincing. Ho-hum. It'd be nice if an interviewer could just ask Tajiri.)

Ramona Flowers
Old February 26th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Vendour
Water & Fire Pokemon Trainer

Everyone is forgetting one crucial element of this controversy: Arceus's backstory is only a myth. A tale passed down from generation to generation in the Sinnoh region. However, with Mew, there is enormously strong evidence that supports the theory that Mew is the original Pokemon, and the ancestor of all Pokemon. Mew's DNA contains the genes of every Pokemon, and it can learn any Pokemon move, and it can transform into any Pokemon. Those are huge characteristics. It's pretty difficult to argue against Mew as the ancestor of all Pokemon when Mew has these attributes, while Arceus only has an epic rumor.
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Andy2019
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendour View Post
Everyone is forgetting one crucial element of this controversy: Arceus's backstory is only a myth. A tale passed down from generation to generation in the Sinnoh region. However, with Mew, there is enormously strong evidence that supports the theory that Mew is the original Pokemon, and the ancestor of all Pokemon. Mew's DNA contains the genes of every Pokemon, and it can learn any Pokemon move, and it can transform into any Pokemon. Those are huge characteristics. It's pretty difficult to argue against Mew as the ancestor of all Pokemon when Mew has these attributes, while Arceus only has an epic rumor.
I stumbled on something quite interesting"
The first legendary Pokemon that Red saw was Mew; he tried to capture it, but due to his lack of experience he was unable to catch it. In the Emerald arc, Emerald used soil from Mew's birthplace to calm down all the rental Pokémon as Mew had the DNA of all Pokémon. This leaves me to believe that Mew has all and Arceus Dna and Im sure they dont know for sure were is Mew's birthplace. Many people believes that Mew cant be of such responsibility as to judging it by its nature and personality in the movies as a playful creature not serious about life or danger unless its to its max. Mew is the first if it carries every Pokemon' Dna as "Vendour" stated, it has strong reasons to be the first as to saying how we know that every thing in the movies are real, like meaning that Im sure they haven't capture Mew's dna if it is a mirage Pokemon, what method did they use to get such Dna to make these statements and as for Arceus if indeed it is a God Pokemon then how was it disabled by Palkias spacial powers, I thinks its all just legends if you ask me.

Sourcesokemon.Wiki.com
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Pokemon Trainer Touko
春野サクラ ♥

Mew created the pokemon world and Arceus was created by it to keep the time and space thingy balanced... I think :'D
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:43 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Arceus is a legend. The Pokemon itself is real but I could see the people of the old days worshiping it as a God because of it's power. Mew has science to suport it while Arceus has drawings on a cave that some suspect might be related to it. Just because it has a temple doesn't make it a God. If you found a temple of Greek or Roman Gods would you start worshiping?

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Vendour
Water & Fire Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2019 View Post
Im sure they haven't capture Mew's dna if it is a mirage Pokemon, what method did they use to get such Dna to make these statements
Remember, in the first anime movie, scientists discovered a fossil of an eyelash that belonged to a Mew. Mew's DNA was then extracted from the eyelash (and later used to clone Mew, creating Mewtwo). And in the Gameboy games, a scientist genetically engineered Mewtwo from Mew. So, in both the games and the anime, scientists had access to Mew's DNA.
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Dialgamaster23
Beginning Trainer

I believe Arceus came first, I don't know how it's egg appeared in the void but it did. It then went on to create Dialga, Palkia and Garitina. After the Earth was created Arceus created all the legendary pokemon.

However once the world was populated by legendaries. Mew was the first naturally occurring pokemon which went to to evolve into all the other species. Now there is only one (Or more, GF and Nintendo do a terrible job explaining how many of certain legendary pokemon acctually exist) Mew that obviously contains all genetic material of other pokemon because it is every pokemon in a regard.
Old February 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Andy2019
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Remember, in the first anime movie, scientists discovered a fossil of an eyelash that belonged to a Mew. Mew's DNA was then extracted from the eyelash (and later used to clone Mew, creating Mewtwo). And in the Gameboy games, a scientist genetically engineered Mewtwo from Mew. So, in both the games and the anime, scientists had access to Mew's DNA.
Oh I see thats how they obtained Mew's dna.
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Ocarina of Time - OOT
The Hero of Time, and more...

Nature: Bold
My theory is the Mew is the ancestor of all MODERN-DAY Pokémon. My theory goes, Arceus created the world and everything like that. He created Pokémon, Pokémon that are unknown today. They slowly evolved into new pkm and Mew was evolved. Then, some wierd thing happened and all pkm died out. The only one that lived through the peril was Mew. Then, Mew evolved in modern-day pkm, henchforth becoming the ancestor of modern-day Pokémon.

Just my guess...

How about a small community forum?

Or Zelda fan-made games?

If you do, visit www.zeldaengine.net!

Say that "Ocarina of Time" referred you!
See you there!
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM
Pokemon Trainer R3d
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Maybe Kanto thought that Mew was the creator of Pokemon because they did not know about Sinnoh yet and vice versa.
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
NiirB

Mew - why? cuz its the original idea - arceus might have created the world but mew created arceus :D
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:08 AM
zidiane

Step 1: Realize that everything we know about Legendary Pokemon is based on mythology and guesses.
Step 2: Realize that everything we know about Legendary Pokemon is based on games, cartoons, and comics made to be child-accessible.
Step 3: Realize that any serious discussion about Legendary Pokemon can be nothing but flawed.
Step 4: Order some Pizza and take the day off to recover from the mind you just dun blown.

Honestly though. The just made crap up cause it sounded cool as a Pokemon. Creator of All Pokemon. Ancestor of All Pokemon. One's a superstition. One's a theory. They can get away with it because they're never in the same story (Has Mew had a Game story arc?). Neither is right. Though, my Logic side has to say that the theory is closer to being right because they have DNA to back them up. DNA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cave paintings and folklore :D
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Timbjerr
Visionary Aqua Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
This. Exactly. It can even be applied to every legendary pokemon aside from Arceus.

Ancient Sinnohans perhaps encountered an Arceus and saw that it was an extremely powerful pokemon with limited ability to create life and began to worship it as their creation deity.

Mew was never explicitly stated at the "creator" of all pokemon, but merely their genetic ancestor, which is a fair bit easier to prove than Arceus's role as a creation deity, and in-universe scientists have done so.
The sea is an irreplaceable treasure for every living thing on this planet. But with our selfish extravagance, humanity dirties the great ocean, destroying this source of all life... Day by day, we're all destroying our most precious resource! If we humans suffer from our actions, well, maybe we'll end up getting what we deserve. But what about the Pokémon in our world? The Pokémon that no longer have a place to live because we stole and soiled their seas? The Pokémon that won't have a place to raise their young and watch them grow? We are creating a world in which innocent Pokémon suffer as a result of our actions... And that is something that I can't forgive! That's why I came to a decision, see? The foolish actions of my fellow humans, the seas we have blighted, nature itself... I will return everything to its unspoiled beginnings!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links