The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:17 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Well I can say I wasn't expecting to have good new so soon
It appears my 2-day luck has decided to reappear once again making 2 shinies in 3 days, with my new shiny eevee Hugo, who I believe has a hasty nature? (it is one that lowers defense and raises speed)
I'm just amazed at all the luck I have been having!
As for my next hunt... I'm not sure.. I want to keep up with my heartgold shiny quest but I dont know what to go for. suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Congrats! Good luck on your Ocean Palette Quest - that's probably the most creative hunt I've heard of. Also, welcome to the Eevee race!
Haha thank you! Although hopefully I will one day sport shinies from all parts of the rainbow, ffor right now those seem to be the ones that appeal to me

On another note, I have been wanting to try masuda methoding and i recently aquired a chilean ditto. The problem being is that it is obviously hacked (level 2 in masterball?) and I want to know: would it still work? would the odds still be the same? Thanks in advance and good hunting!

(by the way congrats on the nice tentacool and any others I might have missed)
Old February 26th, 2012, 07:44 PM
LucarioGuild7

Nature: Jolly
I finally made it to the top of 1st Shiny Mt. now on to shiny paradise.
All dreaminess aside i finally got my first legit shiny a Dratini i got using the Masuda Method(which i am now a firm beleiver in) only 46 eggs!
BEHOLD
Spoiler:

TADA

Oh yeah and sorry its kind of small this is my first time trying to post a picture on this forum
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Epic-Latios-Fan
I'm a thread bumper!

Nature: Quirky
Update:

427 Cottonee
170 Eevee

I'm thinking I'll hunt Shiny Latias next. I have an Eon Ticket and an E-Reader, so after I finish my Cottonee hunt, I'll soft reset for Latias. Well, after I beat the champion on Pokemon Ruby. After I finish Latias, I'm thinking I'll hunt for Axew.

It's also nice to see all of our favourite shiny hunters again. Also, congrats to everyone and their new Shiny Pokemon. :P

The userbar is made by Kitsune Genetica.
The Latios sig is made by Jared.
Old February 27th, 2012, 04:41 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
500 Viridian Forest encounters. I'm now counting all encounters, not just Pikachu, so it should go a lot faster.
363 Snivy. REALLY want this guy.
132 Eevee. My street number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucarioGuild7 View Post
I finally got my first legit shiny
46 EGGS?! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Well I can say I wasn't expecting to have good new so soon
It appears my 2-day luck has decided to reappear once again making 2 shinies in 3 days, with my new shiny eevee Hugo, who I believe has a hasty nature? (it is one that lowers defense and raises speed)
I'm just amazed at all the luck I have been having!
As for my next hunt... I'm not sure.. I want to keep up with my heartgold shiny quest but I don't know what to go for. Suggestions?
Again-congrats! If you've got luck like that, Ho-Oh. Mewtwo. Something awesome.

Quote:
On another note, I have been wanting to try masuda methoding and I recently aquired a chilean ditto. The problem being is that it is obviously hacked (level 2 in masterball?) and I want to know: would it still work? would the odds still be the same? Thanks in advance and good hunting!
If it was hacked as Chilean, then yes. If it was hacked as US, but given a Chilean nickname, then no. If you're in 4th gen, an easy way to find out is to give it an everstone, and hatch 10 eggs of something. If none are the nature,
you most likely have a Chilean Ditto. In 5th gen, this doesn't work, so I recommend just PokéChecking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD'SSCEPTILE View Post
Good question and I can't resist but answer.
You can have a maximum 9999 Coins in FR/LG. This way, you can buy 82? Abras I think. Check the ones in your party and then check all the boxes (trust me, it's best to have open clear boxes for this). No shiny, just SR.
Easily one of the easiest and best Pokemon to SR for shininess.
It's also the best way to sift for Synchronizers and how I got 90%+ of mine.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten a shiny Abra via this method, but it makes me want to try again. (I did get my shiny Scyther this way, though. I think that was my last 3rd Gen shiny before 4th Gen came along. Memory is fuzzy...)
I see..Hmm.. Sounds cool, I don't like Abra much, but might try with Dratini is SS.. although wouldn't the time needed to deposit them in the PC make it more efficient to just SR one?

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: 649 Viridian encounters! National dex FTW!
EDIT II: 666 Viridian encounters! Funny numbers!

Last edited by SS01; February 27th, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Demoonica wanders into the Shiny Hunters Club building, and leaves a quick post on the news board.

White - Breeding Slugma, egg count unknown.

Black - Searching the wilds, raising Pokemon, in hopes of random Shiny encounter.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old February 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Dratini, LucarioGuild7!

This week's random hunt is... Horsea!
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
500 Pikachu. C'mon lil' Orange guy!
363 Snivy. REALLY want this guy.
132 Eevee. My street number!

46 EGGS?! Congrats!
Good luck to you~
And no one ever said that 'bout my masuda japanese shiny Litwick in 26 eggs, or my unintentional non-masuda shiny Ponyta in 7 (seriously I laughed at that one... XD)

Regardless, shiny dratini person, congrats~ That's a nice stroke of luck~

-abuses ~ some more ~~~~~~~~-
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:30 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Ho-hum, I'm in a really busy time right now. G-Money asked me to say hi, so, hi.
Give me a couple months to work through my current duties and I should have more time for pokemonz.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old February 27th, 2012, 10:45 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

1234 Eevee.
375 Snivy and 40 Tepig from forgetting to move the cursor over, "lol." These take a really long time, so I'm probably going to be focusing more on Eevee for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
*G-Money told me to!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMario View Post
G-Money asked me to say hi, so, hi.
Haha, thanks you guys! :cer_laugh:

Good luck with whatever it is that you're doing, MM, and I hope you can start hunting again soon!

Quote:
my new shiny eevee Hugo
Congrats! Are you going to evolve it? You have a lot of options!

Quote:
"lol" great way of putting it! Congrats on the shiny Dratini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirozane View Post
-abuses ~ some more ~~~~~~~~-
Welcome back, Kirozane! I hope you enjoy the revival week festivities, "lol." Thanks for helping us meet our monthly "~" requirement - I almost forgot about it! :cer_laugh:

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
MetalMario
Donator Tier 4

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MetalMario
Click the "stream" link in my sig to find out what I'm working on.
I mean to participate in a Pokémon tournament at Anime North this summer, so I should definitely be back in the swing by then.

Between work, osu!stream, and Mario Kart 7, finding the time for Pokémon isn't so easy, especially with my games being in as much of a mess as they are.
I bought a used Platinum version (I already have a Platinum but it has some promo stuff I don't want lost) to do playthroughs on, which might spark some renewed interest.

I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

osu!
stream
github
latest shiny: Boldore (Oct.30/11)
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
Welcome back, Kirozane! I hope you enjoy the revival week festivities, "lol." Thanks for helping us meet our monthly "~" requirement - I almost forgot about it! :cer_laugh:
Thanks! Aaaaand it's kind what I do.... :3 I hope I don't push us over anymore....

Anywho, I have been thinkin and kinda wanna masuda somethin... And I have narrowed it down to the following:

or

I only wanna do one.... Also, english or japanese?
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Quote:
All dreaminess aside i finally got my first legit shiny a Dratini i got using the Masuda Method(which i am now a firm beleiver in) only 46 eggs!
BEHOLD
Spoiler:

TADA

Oh yeah and sorry its kind of small this is my first time trying to post a picture on this forum
Congratulations!! Yay for the joy of shinies! (Hehe, surprised at the egg count too xD)

Quote:
I mean to participate in a Pokémon tournament at Anime North this summer, so I should definitely be back in the swing by then.

Between work, osu!stream, and Mario Kart 7, finding the time for Pokémon isn't so easy, especially with my games being in as much of a mess as they are.
I bought a used Platinum version (I already have a Platinum but it has some promo stuff I don't want lost) to do playthroughs on, which might spark some renewed interest.
Good luck at finding some more time to hunt/getting shinies!
Also, osu!stream looks really good! O: I totally wish I had something I could use to get it xD
(Nintendo should approve of this game. And make it for the 3DS. Super high quality and stuff...)

Quote:
Thanks! Aaaaand it's kind what I do.... :3 I hope I don't push us over anymore....

Anywho, I have been thinkin and kinda wanna masuda somethin... And I have narrowed it down to the following:

or

Personally I'd go for Ducklett, in English (Mainly because I don't really like the other two.. lol) Anywho, whichever you pick, I hope it comes soon! :D

Good luck and congrats everyone else ;D

(When was the last time I updated? o.O)
2182 MM Snivy eggs right now!

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old February 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Update:
Viridian Forest: 849 RE's.
Snivy: 364 MM'd eggs.
Eevee: 185 SR's.
Zigzagoon: not yet started.

Hey guys, nothing much up going on here, other than me starting a new hunt: MMing Zigzagoon in Platinum. After finally finding a legit 4th gen Japanese Rattata on PokéCheck for egg move Pursuit (I can change my WiFi to 4th gen, but only temporarily, so GTS takes too long), I sent it to SS, then I'm gonna trade it to Platinum along with a Maga Armor Slugma, and I'll start right after I eat.
He looks really good in dark brown, and the step count is very short, so it shouldn't take too long. I don't like Linoone though, I'm probably gonna everstone this guy.

EDIT: I couldn't find a good Rattata on Pokecheck, so I won't be doing egg moves on this guy until further notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
(When was the last time I updated? o.O)
2182 MM Snivy eggs right now!
Mondieu, that's insane. I really hope you get a shiny soon!

Quote:

or

Heya Kiro! Didn't realize you were a member here, I only know you from my shameless Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat lurking, LOL. My favorite from that list is Cryogonal, in English I think. I love his shiny, and that he's rare in the first place makes him even cooler!

Quote:
Cool! osu!stream looks awesome, it's installing on my 4g Touch now. Glad you're back!

See ya everyone!

P.S. G: Bruins gonna looose toniignt!!

EDIT: I'm not MMing Hoothoot, because I just realized it already appears in Viridian Forest at 80% at night, so MMing it would really be a waste. So I am doing the EXACT same thing with Zigzagoon, the above post is still good, just insert Zigzagoon wherever I put Hoothoot. See ya!

Last edited by SS01; February 29th, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
Old February 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

With Hugo now a striking umbreon, and Finnick a blue-mouthed feraligatr, I decided to head back to goldenrod to mm yanma. along the way I noticed it was a bug-catching contest and thought "why not?"

Now, the bug-catching contest has already been quite generous, doling out scythers and pinsirs aplenty, but now I know it loves me for sure.

(SHINY) BEEDRILL APPEARED!!!!! The insanity of it all! THREE SHINIES IN A WEEK?!?!?!?!? wow!

She is caught, then named aria, and resides in my shiny box in case I have need of her (I really want yanma for my team but if I can't deal with MMing (first time) then she will come out of reserve)
Right now I'm floating on a cloud! Now on to yanma!
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Keruso

Quote:
With Hugo now a striking umbreon, and Finnick a blue-mouthed feraligatr, I decided to head back to goldenrod to mm yanma. along the way I noticed it was a bug-catching contest and thought "why not?"

Now, the bug-catching contest has already been quite generous, doling out scythers and pinsirs aplenty, but now I know it loves me for sure.

(SHINY) BEEDRILL APPEARED!!!!! The insanity of it all! THREE SHINIES IN A WEEK?!?!?!?!? wow!

She is caught, then named aria, and resides in my shiny box in case I have need of her (I really want yanma for my team but if I can't deal with MMing (first time) then she will come out of reserve)
Right now I'm floating on a cloud! Now on to yanma!
Usually i dont post often, usually only when i have a shiny so i dont make junk posts, but once in a while, ill probably come in here to post about stuff.

like the post above. Not sure how you did your run of the BCC, but this is how i caught my second (first is a random Kricketune two years before i started hunting) ever shiny, and what got me into hunting. it was a leg in a race in the Serebii shiny forum, and i decided to try for it. my first run, nothing, so i reset. My second poke to come across was a shiny Paras. this is what go me into hunting.

since then, about two years now, and thanks to LucarioGuild7 and G-Money, i have found out how many shinies i now have, which is 85 including dups and quads (4 Patrats......) spread out between Emerald on up to White 1. Eventually, they will all be in one game, not sure when that'll be

So, now on to my hunts. Here's what's going on:

LeafGreen: Charmander is being such a pain. been working on him for (an estimated) 6 months

Emerald: Smeargle. stuck at 2250 encounters. ill get to him eventually.

Pearl: Still in Eterna Forest, hoping for anything but Dustox

Diamond: Need to beat the Elite 4

Platinum: Im currently inside Mt. Coronet, but i might move so i dont get a most of what's in there......

SoulSilver: Since Venomoth, i stayed in the same area, hopefully getting an Abra (or Bellsprout or Oddish)

HeartGold: I have to beat Morty to obtain the badge that will let me surf

White: other than MMing Magikarp (95 eggs), nothing really going on

Black: dont have it yet, but when i do, i will be SRing Snivy

Long post is long. congrats to all shinies
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Is it just me or am I starting to see multiple G-Moneys? LOL.

Congrats to everyone who got shinies! Especially Weber, who was really fun to race and because he had so many SRs that he really should have gotten more shinies for that amount o.o

I took a little break after 510 Eevee eggs and hatched 180 Caterpie. Shiny Butterfree is so incredible. I must have it. After I hatch 360 Caterpie in total I'm going to switch back to Eevee because I don't want to keep my friend waiting for so long xD

Good luck everyone!
I stay away
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM
vagrantwanderer
Saturated Sarcasm

Welp. I guess I might as well post again too. I haven't been here a while, just entered my first semester of college last September so things have been busy. I actually have a spreadsheet worked out to make the team I want, but back to the snorlax SRing to begin with. I sat next to that guy playing the pokeflute most of last summer. Wish me luck!

Old February 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
NeonTsuba
Beginning Trainer

Hello hunters, may I please join the club?
From what I have observed nobody posts about chained shinies, so I won't list those, but I do have an MM Lucario and Hydreigon. Never had a random encounter
I'm currently SRing for either an Arceus or a Jirachi, whichever decides to shine. Both legit- they've actually been with the mailman in the pokemart for over a year.
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:26 PM
KaosDarkrai
Beginning Trainer

Omfg!!!!! My 2 month drought is finally over a shiny deoxy appear early in the game on LG 1 at 1357 soft reset!!!!!!!!!!!! But it semi-legit because I use masterball and birth island cheat because I want get shiny deoxy early in the game.

My skype is xljasonxl if you want talk n shiny hunt
I have youtube video of shiny deoxy look up FTzDeAdpooL

Pretty much my channel going be halo, gear of war and shiny hunt.

My next I doing is shiny quest series on LG.

Last edited by KaosDarkrai; February 29th, 2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old February 29th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Keruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonTsuba View Post
From what I have observed nobody posts about chained shinies, so I won't list those, but I do have an MM Lucario and Hydreigon. Never had a random encounter
I'm currently SRing for either an Arceus or a Jirachi, whichever decides to shine. Both legit- they've actually been with the mailman in the pokemart for over a year.
dont quote me here, cause i may be wrong, but i dont believe you can reset for those types when they are with the Mailman.

also, you ARE allowed to post chained shinies (dont kill me, G). at least a third of mine are actually chained.

Congrats on that Deoxys, KD
Old February 29th, 2012, 03:43 PM
NeonTsuba
Beginning Trainer

@Keruso- I wondered about that, my thoughts were that since you can still SR for nature you could get a shiny too, but thinking about it that's not very solid logic at all- you could probably SR for good natures with the always-shiny-by-default dog trio. Also Google seems to be agreeing with you for the most part.
No matter, I had only just started so I haven't exactly wasted my life! I guess this means I've got to return to my Heatran hunt I put on hiatus forever ago.

My first shiny (Flaafy, now an Ampharos) was chained, and it took me god knows how long to get it, but I do now understand why people say it's a little too easy- I got a Surskit yesterday after not using the PR for ages, then today I got a Swellow. Damn they cost me a lot with repels though.
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Guess what? 1111 Viridian Forest encounters! Haha.
400 Snivy. After an unofficial 2-3 week hiatus, I'm back on track with these guys.
185 Eevee.
8 Zigzagoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosDarkrai View Post
Shiny Deoxys
Congrats! Deoxys is one of the coolest shinies out there!

Quote:
(SHINY) BEEDRILL APPEARED!!!!!
Congrats to you too! Talk about lucky!

Good luck everyone!!
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:47 PM
LucarioGuild7

This is just a quick update about what im gonna be doing:Charmander or Eevee once i get a female japanese pokemon of either but until then i can only MM ekans *eye roll*
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Welcome back, MetalMario!

Congrats on the shiny Beedrill, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantwanderer View Post
Wish me luck!
Welcome back! Good luck!

Welcome to the club, NeonTsuba!

Congrats on the shiny Deoxys, KaosDarkrai!

Absol: 100
Sandile: 168

I'm thinking about spending some time MMing Riolu too.
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:46 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

I hope you all had a nice leap day, SHC! :cer_boogie: It's awesome getting an extra day to hunt! :D

Today begins March, which means... *drumroll*

IT'S TIME FOR THE MARCH CONTEST!

To win, you must catch or hatch 2 green shinies. The shinies may have any amount of green, ranging from 0.1% of total body mass to being an icky green blob. *glances at shiny Tangela*

REMINDER: The February contest is still open! You can keep catching shinies for that Quest until March 9th.

Quote:
With Hugo now a striking umbreon...

Congrats!!! That must be really awesome to get a shiny in a bug-catching contest! Also, I found the opening clause of your post to be appropriately poetic. Shinies are poetically splendid, after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
junk posts...

thanks to LucarioGuild7 and G-Money
There's no such thing as a junk post, Keruso! If you had to catch a shiny to post, 93.75% of my posts would be junk posts (including this one, 93.78%). Well, maybe they are... "lol"

And I can't take credit for your 85 shinies! That was all LG7! :cer_wink:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
Is it just me or am I starting to see multiple G-Moneys? LOL.
"lol" I cloned myself so that I could hunt for shinies multiple times at once! Even as we speak, there are several G-Moneys out there dual hunting while I type this post. Too bad I didn't consider the fact that none of the other G-Money shiny collections would count for mine... :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantwanderer View Post
Wish me luck!
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosDarkrai View Post
shiny deoxy
Congrats!! Deoxys is a really awesome shiny.

I know you weren't hunting it for a contest or race, but for future reference, you might as well beat the Elite Four a couple of times with an Amulet Coin and then just buy a couple hundred Ultra Balls! Of course you need to hack to get to the island, but giving yourself masterballs doesn't really seem fair. What you did was fine since you were hunting it just for fun, but you should probably be a little more careful about that in the future in case you decide to join a contest. Still, congrats on the shiny!

Quote:
Yes, welcome to the club! I don't think the Pokemart gifts can be shiny, although I'm not totally sure on that. I know that the Victini can't, but I can't say with certainty about the others. (I didn't even know there was a Jirachi event, "lol!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
also, you ARE allowed to post chained shinies (dont kill me, G)
I don't kill people for helping new members by explaining club rules to assist them, Keruso! I only kill people for breaking rule #8. :cer_wink:

And yes, chained shinies are fine! Historically, one per chain has been permitted (this prevents people from getting 40+ shinies on one chain, "lol"). However, they don't count for the contests like the Monthly or Yearly Quests because a lot of people will be MMing, SRing, or REing, which take significantly more time than chaining.

Quote:
Surskit yesterday after not using the PR for ages, then today I got a Swellow
Congrats!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 8/18
Path of the Starter: 10/18

Last edited by G-Money; March 1st, 2012 at 03:16 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links