• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
How come I cant use the old sea chart, Aurora ticket, etc???

Because the events are not activated or made, or something like that.

And darn, i deleted my other message...sigh. Here i go again.

Is a suggestion about the new pokemon types that was added. Granbull is now Normal/Dark and its base stats are Psychical wise since dark is on Special attack. So pretty much is making it useless having it with a dark type in addition. And about Blastoise being Water/Fighter sounds ok but it would be more better if its Water/Ground since turtles are from land or sea making it more understandable and Venomoth being now Flying/Poison which both are Physical make it weak in attacks since his base stats are 65 in Attack and 100 in Special. reversing it would be better in my opinion.

Over all in types this is how it goes from 1rst gen to emerald.

Physical moves: Bug, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel, Fight.

Special moves: Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Water.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
Because the events are not activated or made, or something like that.

And darn, i deleted my other message...sigh. Here i go again.

Is a suggestion about the new pokemon types that was added. Granbull is now Normal/Dark and its base stats are Psychical wise since dark is on Special attack. So pretty much is making it useless having it with a dark type in addition. And about Blastoise being Water/Fighter sounds ok but it would be more better if its Water/Ground since turtles are from land or sea making it more understandable and Venomoth being now Flying/Poison which both are Physical make it weak in attacks since his base stats are 65 in Attack and 100 in Special. reversing it would be better in my opinion.

Over all in types this is how it goes from 1rst gen to emerald.

Physical moves: Bug, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Normal, Poison, Rock, Steel, Fight.

Special moves: Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fire, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Water.

so that means those items are useless? i really wanted a Lugia :/

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
NORMA the Eevee lvl 42((God how i hate NORMA.)) Its the eevee you get in a trade in rustburogh but due to this games increased difficulty IT NEVER OBEYS EVER. Not to mention eevee it's self is virtually useless when having to battle fully evolved pokemon at the same level. And the sad thing is since it's lacking egg moves like wish and curse I doubt all my fustration will pay off in the end when it evolves into an umbreon. it's a great pokemon but only when EV trained for competitive battling does it really shine.

Well I learned the hard way that umbreon has been unchanged in this game. Not asking for much maybe for it to learn crunch at lvl 50 or maybe curse at a lower level or something.
A stat improvement might be desired but I don't wanna ask for the world

Disregard that post, not only has umbreon been changed in game ((the pokemon changed word document just forgot to include him but he learned crunch in this game)) he's also made up for his shortcomings. And after flanery's gym the badges begin catching up with his level's so it beings to obey.

Also not just the mauville heart scale but all the heart scales respawn.

Zetsubou Johnny

Years
Disregard that post, not only has umbreon been changed in game ((the pokemon changed word document just forgot to include him but he learned crunch in this game)) he's also made up for his shortcomings. And after flanery's gym the badges begin catching up with his level's so it beings to obey.

And so I'm wrong again. I won't get you to change the game for a handful of pokemon, but the badge obey level's conflict with the heightened level of the pokemon. This umbreon is a pain in the ass, but I'll make it worthwhile. if I'm lucky when i get the feather badge i should be able to ride it until the sotopolis gym. There's in insane amount of trainers between the two, but i'll make due. In retrospect this is actually pretty brilliant as a way to make the game harder so you probably could leave this in. I'm just giving the heads up.

I know you're up for pokemon move set changes ((I've probably abused that entirely too much throughout the thread.)) but are you open to pokemon ability changes?

Also despite this being more ascetic than actually useful but i think Bellossom would benefit more from learning morning sun rather than moonlight. It conflicts with the pokemon's personality to have the sunny pokemon learn moonlight.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
And so I'm wrong again. I won't get you to change the game for a handful of pokemon, but the badge obey level's conflict with the heightened level of the pokemon. This umbreon is a pain in the ass, but I'll make it worthwhile. if I'm lucky when i get the feather badge i should be able to ride it until the sotopolis gym. There's in insane amount of trainers between the two, but i'll make due. In retrospect this is actually pretty brilliant as a way to make the game harder so you probably could leave this in. I'm just giving the heads up.
I know you're up for pokemon move set changes ((I've probably abused that entirely too much throughout the thread.)) but are you open to pokemon ability changes?

Also despite this being more ascetic than actually useful but i think Bellossom would benefit more from learning morning sun rather than moonlight. It conflicts with the pokemon's personality to have the sunny pokemon learn moonlight.

Thanks for the feedback, I can easily change things around and Morning Sun would suit Bellossom better really. When I had changed Flareon/Vaporeon/Jolteon's movesets so that they learn the powerful elemental moves I also changed it so Umbreon learns Crunch at Level 50 & Espeon learns Psychic at Level 50 as it kinda and obviously fits their typing and level but I was thinking as you and others have suggested I may change Umbreon's evolution to evolve via a Moon Stone considering Espeon requires a Sun Stone and it would make sence really.

About ability changes I can get that sorted but I'd need suggestions, I've never really been to good with abilities on Pokémon ;_;

Beta 7.1 Released - Changes

Umbreon now evolves via Moon Stone
Espeon now leanrs Psybeam at Level 43
Umbreon now learns Faint Attack at Level 43
Eevee now leanrs Headbutt at Level 16
Marowak now learns Rock Slide at Level 41
Maroak now has a stat total of 500!
You can now obtain a Moon Stone at Route 112/Lavaridge Town (Like the Sun Stone)

In-Game Trade Changes

Trade #1 Ralts -> Cubone
Trade #2 Aron -> Ditto
Trade #3 Bagon -> Dratini
Trade #4 Spheal -> Tyrogue

Last edited:

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
I still don't seem to get pokemons in the route 119 or find the Charmander in 120. And what ability suggestion are you kinda looking for?

blue

gucci
Years
I still don't seem to get pokemons in the route 119 or find the Charmander in 120. And what ability suggestion are you kinda looking for?

I've fixed the Route 119 Pokémon error, it should be working, it works for me and I've assigned Pokémon to that Route so I don't know what's going wrong there..

Charmander is on Route 120 but it's hidden in a space in the Tall Grass, just keep looking, you'll find it eventually.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017

I've fixed the Route 119 Pokémon error, it should be working, it works for me and I've assigned Pokémon to that Route so I don't know what's going wrong there..

Charmander is on Route 120 but it's hidden in a space in the Tall Grass, just keep looking, you'll find it eventually.

I pretty much looked on the grass and i got tired of looking for it..Is annoying to be honest and will be more annoying if is not actually there like on the problem i have with route 119...Again aside from that, what ability suggestions are you looking for?

blue

gucci
Years
I pretty much looked on the grass and i got tired of looking for it..Is annoying to be honest and will be more annoying if is not actually there like on the problem i have with route 119...Again aside from that, what ability suggestions are you looking for?

You can find Charmander here:
Charmander.png

As for the abilities, I'm open to any suggestions so if you have any just let me know, I'll try and fix Route 119.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017

You can find Charmander here:
Charmander.png

As for the abilities, I'm open to any suggestions so if you have any just let me know, I'll try and fix Route 119.

Thats the spot where i don't seem to get it. I click in front of that tall grass and nothing happens or walk in and click.

As for abilities, what about Blaziken having Speed boost as secondary? Like in the 5th gen. Not sure if that can be done.

blue

gucci
Years
I can add second abilities, I'll do it during my next update.

Also, try here now:

PokemonExpertEmerald_01-1.png

Just download the attachment (It's still named 7.1 but it's been slightly edited/tweaked)

Last edited:

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
I can add second abilities, I'll do it during my next update.

Also, try here now:

PokemonExpertEmerald_01-1.png

Just download the attachment (It's still named 7.1 but it's been slightly edited/tweaked)
Well i went there but all i see is an invisible block where the pokeball is suppose to be. There is something but cant be picked up or touched.

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2023
This Game looks very Promising. And i will definitely send reply after i have played the game. And thanx for putting in your time for us. Thank you on behalf of everyone that plays this game.

Zetsubou Johnny

Years
As for the abilities, I'm open to any suggestions so if you have any just let me know.

Despite losing chlorophyll, drought would also suit bellossom. It has several pokedex entries talking about it's dance to summon the sun.

I had a few ideas but at the moment I've forgotten them all

Man... if you give blaziken speed boost and bellossom drought i'll have to restart the game from scratch for a 4th time. This might be the most invested in a hack i've ever been. Kudos. I actually care about EVs in this game and that's saying something

blue

gucci
Years
Despite losing chlorophyll, drought would also suit bellossom. It has several pokedex entries talking about it's dance to summon the sun.

I had a few ideas but at the moment I've forgotten them all

Man... if you give blaziken speed boost and bellossom drought i'll have to restart the game from scratch for a 4th time. This might be the most invested in a hack i've ever been. Kudos. I actually care about EVs in this game and that's saying something

Well.. like I say I don't really pay attention to abilities/secondary abilities so whatever suggestions you have I'm happy to try out and thank-you!

This Game looks very Promising. And i will definitely send reply after i have played the game. And thanx for putting in your time for us. Thank you on behalf of everyone that plays this game.

Anytime, and thanks for the kind words!

Alright so I took those ideas on and changed some more myself, the following changes to abilities are:

Bellossom now has the second ability - Drought
Blaziken now has the second ability - Speed Boost
Sceptile now has the second ability Chlorophyll
Swampert now has the second ability - Sturdy
Magneton now has the second ability - Levitate
Swellow now has the second ability - Keen Eye
Miltank now has the second ability - Clear Body
Donphan now has the second ability - Rock Head
Huntail now has the second ability - Water Absorb
Gorebyss now has the second ability - Cute Charm

~ Open to more suggestions + planning to add more.

- These can be downloaed in Beta 7.23!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Dream World FTW. Really nice job Suicune. I'll delete my save file to play this hack again.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Scizor with Pure Power
Breloom with Pure Power
Sharpedo with Speed boost
Walrein with Water Absorb
Cacturne with Rough skin (Not sure, just saying since his a cactus maybe some contact can cause some damage.)

Thats all i have in my brain for now...

Zetsubou Johnny

Years

Well.. like I say I don't really pay attention to abilities/secondary abilities so whatever suggestions you have I'm happy to try out and thank-you!

Anytime, and thanks for the kind words!

Alright so I took those ideas on and changed some more myself, the following changes to abilities are:

Bellossom now has the second ability - Drought
Blaziken now has the second ability - Speed Boost
Sceptile now has the second ability Chlorophyll
Swampert now has the second ability - Sturdy
Magneton now has the second ability - Levitate
Swellow now has the second ability - Keen Eye
Miltank now has the second ability - Clear Body
Donphan now has the second ability - Rock Head
Huntail now has the second ability - Water Absorb
Gorebyss now has the second ability - Cute Charm

~ Open to more suggestions + planning to add more.

- These can be downloaed in Beta 7.23!

The second abilities aren't working. Spent 20 minutes softresetting and never got a starter torchic with speed boost. Went to the catchable torchic with a trace ralts and after close to 40 resets saw no speedboost. Even tried breeding them and got nothing.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
The second abilities aren't working. Spent 20 minutes softresetting and never got a starter torchic with speed boost. Went to the catchable torchic with a trace ralts and after close to 40 resets saw no speedboost. Even tried breeding them and got nothing.

Because is Blaziken who gets it on evolving...

Edit: The 2nd abilities are working fine so far. Just found my first Miltank with Clear Body. The blossom one is not working unless i'm being very unlucky to get the 2nd ability...On the bright side i found Latias out of the farming for Glooms. I was shocked.

Last edited:
Back