• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I could probably join 7 roleplays minus 1 for each of those roleplays I GM.

That means GMing a roleplay basically takes up 2 slots instead of 1. GMing 2 like I am now, I could then join 3 before I'm at my limit for a total of 5 roleplays.

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
Years
Hey guys..... long time no see.
Sorry about leaving you like that! Minecraft caught me like a storm and soon I was sucked in and completely forgot about this place! =(
I am sorry for any inconvenience that happened with me leaving without notice. Please can you forgive me.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I think more people need to vote nominate in the RPAs. Hey, I was gone a whole month and I still voted nominated! :P

Digimon seems popular, lately.
Digimon/Pokémon crossover? Well, either way it should be set in the Pokémon world, with the Digital world being . . . y'know . . . digital. Unless you did something weird and made Pokémon the digital creatures. Like . . . having it set in the real world, pulling a digimon and putting some kids in the computer, or Pokémon game, or whatever. Still, weird.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I think more people need to vote nominate in the RPAs. Hey, I was gone a whole month and I still voted nominated! :P

Digimon seems popular, lately.
Digimon/Pokémon crossover? Well, either way it should be set in the Pokémon world, with the Digital world being . . . y'know . . . digital. Unless you did something weird and made Pokémon the digital creatures. Like . . . having it set in the real world, pulling a digimon and putting some kids in the computer, or Pokémon game, or whatever. Still, weird.

No that could actually work! To have the humans drawn into a game, like the pokémon game, but have digimon instead of pokémon, or pokémon AND digimon, or... *mind spouting ideas*

I think it's very difficult to decide on whom to nominate.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@RHCP: You can nominate multiple people, if you're willing to write multiple reasons, I think. (That may or may not help you. Just figured I'd mention it.)

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
My final RP idea is based around a book I'm writing, and would somewhat be to help me get over writer's block and decide on a few elements of the story, as well as for enjoyment. The name I'm thinking to use for it is Mystland: The Lost Guardian. I'm still working on building a plot for this one, but this is what I'm thinking of:

In recent years, there has been an increase in kidnappings all over the world. The truth behind these kidnappings is that scientists are collecting test sujects and stowing them away to a land lost in time: Mystland. In this land, creatures only seen in fiction, and many never even heard of, roam wild, untouched by man except for the recent influence of the scientists. The scientists are taking advantage of the powers these creatures possess, finding ways to insert their traits in the children they kidnapped. Once the scientists made a mistake an enraged an especially dangerous creature, causing it to attack their lab. In the commotion many of the test subjects escaped. They learn from the some of more intelligent natives that the Guardian of Mystland disappeared at about the same time the scientists returned and that ever since then the land has slowly been dying. The escapees, curious and wanting to help - even if only for revenge - agree to help find the lost guardian.
It looks like I'm going to go with this on. I'll have it up in a couple of weeks after I finish the plot and setting.

Just a sneak peak for Mystland: The Lost Guardian ;D

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
THIS PLACE BE DEAD

ME REVIVE /revives

Okay, so I have a discussion topic for ya'll :P

What kind of new features/mechanics would you like to see in RPs? Of course by mechanics here, I mean leveling mechanics, etc. etc. It can be anything! :3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Also, guys, the RPAs end in about 4 or so days. GIT YOUR NOMINATIONS IN!!!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

@-DeepImpact-: Anything besides your funky take on magic that I don't like just because you did it and anything you do is horrid because daddy does not love you and you ruin everything you have destroyed the arcane arts for us all I hope you're happy because I'm not I'm actually really annoyed and very angryface and I want to slap you with an angry Magikarp and I think that regular knights are stupid so you should stop trying to even the odds because it's not actually possible since magic is so awesomesauce that nothing can beat it especially not you and your screwy ways.
Long run on sentence with zero punctuation. FUN.

In other news I'm super lazy and need to stop being super lazy.
I'm also back to being gone on weekends since I have to use my mom's computer, as mine is evil, and I'm not at my mom's on weekends. Or vacations. ;~;
I could actually probably make OOC posts, but that's it. Nothing long or overly detailed, lol.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, we're awfully quiet here, so I wanna post a question to everyone. I was looking at my old SUs for RPs past and present. I notice that many of my characters have overlapping traits. Overall, there is a certain "villainy" theme to all of them, which I'd like to think has become a trademark of mine. My question to you is this:

Take a look at some of your old SUs. Is there any recurring or overlapping traits that are prevalent in your characters? It could be a name you constantly use, or a certain consistent appearance they have, or a certain personality type? Perhaps something a bit more subtle?

Thanks for your time.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Hey guys, we're awfully quiet here, so I wanna post a question to everyone. I was looking at my old SUs for RPs past and present. I notice that many of my characters have overlapping traits. Overall, there is a certain "villainy" theme to all of them, which I'd like to think has become a trademark of mine. My question to you is this:

Take a look at some of your old SUs. Is there any recurring or overlapping traits that are prevalent in your characters? It could be a name you constantly use, or a certain consistent appearance they have, or a certain personality type? Perhaps something a bit more subtle?

Thanks for your time.

Hmm, mine are usually quiet and nuts. Either they're evil or they're shy and unsure, and I add some quirks to that. And I put a little bit of my personality on the characters, I feel more identified with them that way :P

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Well, simple question. It's always a sarcastic character for me who enjoys insulting/teasing people a lot. Almost always xD I guess I always put that part in because I'm kinda like that in real life too, and find it easier to relate to such a character d:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Haha, yes there are. But I do it on purpose :3

One of my all time favorite characters is Ashton Elden (from A Fresh Start). He is pretty much a clone of Ash Ketchum xD Although I didn't really realize it when I made him. He is the epitome of the traits I'm often trying to give my characters. Rash, jolly, a bit lazy, a bit naive... A character that can take action when a roleplay seems boring, or someone who will be a bit selfish and annoyed with others at times, which can create a bit of drama if done in a good way.

So, I like to play those kind of characters. What I don't like to play as is timid, depressed or very dark characters, since I find that those can't really step up and take charge or talk to people in a way I'd be comfortable with. I find them boring to play as, basically ^^'

I used to have every other character be cheerful, the next more serious, the next cheerful, the next serious... but I realized I liked the cheerful ones much better ^^ people who think it's interesting to play darker characters and who are good at it can do that. Me, I do what I think I do better :3 I don't care if people think I'm taking the easy way out.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years

...they're all female. Lol, I didn't even realize it. xD There is one SU I've made for a male character, though, and that's only because of RP restrictions. :B

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years

I haven't actually posted SOME SU but i did one or two. I must say i have a really good pleasure playing a dark silent character. I suites me. Though in real life i'm a real annoyer, someone who cheers someone else when there sad :-D . I pretty like playing silent character because they kind of like mysterious and everyone is kinda saying "who is he? Why is he like that? He's mysterious". And i pretty much like those remarks and comments.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Well, from the few SU's I've made I've noticed that I like to make mostly male characters that really don't like fighting female types. One of my characters, Damon, would rather leave them spellbound with attract and another, Penance, will fight Sentinels with all he has but he is really protective of his female teammates, so much so that he could take it upon himself to protect them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back