• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Shattered Era [T] (OOC/SU)

Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Hello there. This might be a bit short, but then again I'm only aiming for a regular Knight spot. And I know how I want to play her, so she isn't shallow just because the SU might look thin.

Name | Ribibin Triss

Age | 23

Gender | Female

Pokemon Species | Weavile (I think Razor Claw isn't a very mechanical item, right?)

Job Title | Knight of the Oran

Appearance |
461.png
Without her armor or Gem on.
Ribibin is lean and strong and always makes sure to keep her fur clean and shiny. Being a female, the feathers on her ears are a bit shorter than for males. She wears armor on her shoulders, chest, thighs and knees. The armor is made of a very light but strong metal that has the color of dark, almost black silver. The edges of every part are lined with curls of silver, for decorational purposes. She does not wear a helmet, even though some say she is foolish not to. The reason she doesn't is that she wants to be able to see well, and the reason she wears light armor rather than covering up her whole body with it, is that she wants to be able to move swiftly still. Her gem of knighthood is worn over the yellow gem in her forehead, on a black headband. It naturally never breaks, since it's so hard.​

Personality |
Self-confident, stubborn and mischievous are words that describe Ribibin well. She is used to males thinking they are more important than her and she has learned to handle that by becoming tough and by laughing off any insult pointing at her being weaker than her male colleagues. She knows it's the way of life, that male are better than women and that women should just accept their fate and be grateful for the males to protect and care for them. But some part of her really thinks that things could be, should be, different. Especially when she sees slobby, stupid males getting praised for things she would hardly get an acknowledging nod for.

She is cunning and clever and speed and swiftness are her strengths, while her physical strength probably never will be on par with the males'. She likes to fight and doesn't want to keep quiet and sit still while males do all the dirty work. She doesn't have any real friends but she doesn't think she needs them anyways. The way to get along in this world seems to be by being strong individually. And she means to be, even though she follows the order and says she believes in everything they stand for. In most ways, she actually does. Mechanics was bad for the world once and it would be bad for the world if it was used again. That's what she's heard and she sees no reason to don't believe it.​

History |
As a young Sneasel, Ribibin lived in one of the less famous cities in the Council's lands. As her mother was a Knight of the Oran who had been forced to retire when she had fallen in love and laid an egg, Ribibin swore early on to become a Knight as well one day and show the Council that females were strong in their own way and that her mother had been unfairly treated. But after a while, the young Sneasel had learned that she'd better not speak this thoughts out loud. Her mother even forbade her to.

Ribibin trained all her life and did become a Knight eventually. Both she and her mother saw the Mechanists as foolish lunatics who didn't realize what they were gambling with, so they had no qualms about the Council's force against those people. Ribibin never knew her father and used to dream about finding and meeting her. All her mother said was that he wasn't a Sneasel. Nowadays, she thinks he was probably just another slobby male Knight or even worse - a random civilian. So she doesn't really hold on to that dream anymore.​

Moveset | Ice Shard, Dark Pulse, Night Slash, Agility

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Saturated Hue ...Okay you have definitely earned your spot. Seth Redding is accepted!

@Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers I've seen your work before and I know you can play great characters. Ribibin is accepted!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Thanks! But wait, were we supposed to have a last name as well? I guess i should add one then. *does so*

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Triss? The Witcher, anyone? Still, that's a pretty awesome last name. And nice SU's you two! Good job... s!

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Well this is coming along fast. I'm probably gonna make a different character OR I might try to edit the one I tried last time. I really don't know right now...

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@miltankRancher Alright, Ludo Linfoi is accepted!

ShadowTheDarkrai

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I'm gonna try to make a different SU because I feel I can't modify my previous one in those ways without completely rewriting it.

Name (Self-explanatory.): Necro Shalf

Age (For Knights the age range can be from 15 to 35. For Mechanists the age range can be from 18 to 55): 25 years old.

Gender (Self-explanatory.): Male

Pokemon Species (What are you?): Bisharp

Newborn or Entrenched Mechanists (For Mechanist players.): N/A

Job Title: Knight-Commander

Appearance (One paragraph required. Make sure to include your weapons/armor for this section.): Necro looks like a regular Bisharp without his armor on with these exceptions: he has a scar under his left eye in the shape of a long triangle and he is colored teal on the parts that are normally red.

His arm blades are sharper and more shiny than regular Bisharp. The gauntlet like parts on his hands are also shiny. Necro's gem is strung tightly around his neck by a piece of string. The armor he wears is a sign like plate of armor with two straps on the top of it so it doesn't fall off. The armor is kept shiny like his blades.

Personality (Two paragraphs.): Necro acts very courteously and will help out others at any of his free time. He is very religious and after doing even simple things like eating he prays. He is well liked by many of the pokemon in the cities for treating most everyone like equals. He enjoys making art if he has any other spare time besides the other things. Though he may seem like a softy when it comes to his job he acts bravely and with honor.

When he has to face off against enemies like Mechanics he isn't caring very much about them and does the job quick. Necro is brave and doesn't back down even in a tough situation. He believes that losses and wins are just Arceus's judgement and that eventually the better side shall win. He is very friendly when not out on a mission. He often travels in groups with other knights and doesn't like to be out of the cities alone. He sharpen his arm blades and polishes them and his armor a lot.

History (From childhood to where you are now.): Necro was born in a clan of Pawniard and Bisharp. His father was the leader of this clan and was a knight with many of the others in the clan. The clan had once owned a large castle, but switched over to the lifestyle of knighthood when the Mechanists started to form. Necro was sent to the city and was trained by two retired knights from his clan. The knights had sent him out to run up a nearby small-ish mountain in the morning and at night once he got up he had to run back down.

At the first couple of tries he didn't make and was forced to climb up a bigger one each time. Slowly, he started to get the hang of it. After about three years he could finish it in about half a day and was told to stop. The knights realized he had a lot of speed potential and trained him a lot in attack strategies too. Soon he was recommended to be a knight.

He was put to a test due to his younger age. He had to beat a knight in less than five minutes. He stroke the quickly and with power, but the knight had used Aura Sphere and Necro was struck by it. Necro collapsed on the ground from the strength of the attack and the knight walked over to him to deliver the final blow to knock Necro out. The knight hesitated when about to do so and Necro saw the chance and grabbed the knights legs causing them to flip over and knock them out.

Necro was victorious and declared a knight. He said a few prayers and was sent off with the other knights. Necro worked with the other knights for many years and hunted down Mechanists, destroyed anyone supposedly in contact with them and raided there technology stashes destroying everyone of them. One day Necro was on patrol with a couple of other knights and found scraps of metal and stone on the ground. They followed them and Necro noticed how the trees were less dense in this area.

Necro and the group continued onward and found a large clearing. In the clearing there was haphazardly built houses and pieces of machinery like springs and coils. They investigated the houses to discover they had technology in them which the group then destroyed. The group saw that there was no sign of pokemon and started to leave until they heard noises coming from a large building. Necro and the others went into the building to discover a group of Mechanists that had ran from the cities to embrace the art in peace. The group of Mechanists started to run away but Necro and the group were too fast for them and caught them all in custody.

They brought the prisoners back to one of the cities and Necro was promoted for finding the trail leading to the group of Mechanists and arresting them. Necro accepted the position with pride. He now searches the forests and land around the enclaves for any Mechanists.

Moveset (Only four moves. Mechanists can use TM and HM moves.): Guillotine, Night Slash, Swords Dance and Metal Sound

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@ShadowTheDarkrai Okay, for a Knight-Commander you will need to add more to your personality. Yet again, the major problem I have is with your history. The first problem is when you say Necro's father had a castle and that the clan lived there. I have no problem with Necro being born from a clan but all Knights live in the Council cities and since all of the Council cities belong to the Council then they couldn't have had total rule over one of the cities.

Another point is when you say that the clan began to switch to the lifestyle of the Knights when the Mechanists started to form their movement. As I stated in the opening the Mechanist movement has been around for two hundred years so it couldn't have started during his father's lifetime.

While it is acceptable to say the Necro hunted down Mechanists and killed them the Knights still have not found any enclaves. The only technology stashes that the Mechanists have are in the enclaves, so that part should be changed. Other than that the only technology the Knights would find would be on any Mechanist they kill. Also the Mechanists don't build houses, especially large ones, out in the open. The enclaves are hidden in the thick forests and if Knights so much as came within a certain distance of one they would immediately be attacked by the Declarum Forces since all enclaves have the D.F. protecting them.

For an idea on how to expand your personality look at miltankRancher's SU. I have a feeling that you're not really reading over all the information I've given you in my first post. Most of the mistakes in your history section could easily be fixed if you read my first post. Please make sure to read over the info again and rewrite your SU. For now you are still reserved until you make your changes.

Last edited:

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Thanks. Also, I forgot to mention this in the SU, but I took the liberty of giving Seth a TM Move (Double Team). I reckoned it would be plausible, with him living amongst Mechanists and whatnot, but I just thought I would let you know.

ShadowTheDarkrai

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
ARG!!! I thought I had already gotten everything fixed! Oh well... I'll just edit it sometime this morning... By the way they HAD a castle but left it a couple of years after the Mechanist thing started. The clan is JUST A FAMILY sort-of-thing they don't rule over anyone the father is just the head of the family. I have looked over all posts in the thread except SUs.(excluding miltankrancher's) I'm really having second thoughts about joining this...

Last edited:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
Name: Tenebrosus 'Tesus' Folium (Real Name: Marcus Folium)

Pokemon Species: Grovyle

Job Title: Knights of the Oran

Appearance: Tesus' appearance is far more different than other Grovyles and their rare shiny cousins. First of all, no Grovyle in the world was born with very different colors: black like darkness reptilian skin and crimson, almost like blood, red leaves. Where his belly should have been red, there was only a gray stone like plain color. The line on his belly is the same color as his limbs and back: black.

Secondly, Tesus has lots of scars on his body. Because of his quite harsh past, Tesus developed series of cuts on his back, and a long scar goes from the top of his lips across his right eye, which wasn't harmed at all. But his scars are covered from the sight of others, thanks to his outfit: a silver knight helmet, specially designed for pokemon with muzzles, a full silver chest plate with a small picture of the 'God Pokemon' Arceus and a symbol of the Knights of the Oran, the Oran Berry, is engraved on both left and right sides respectively; armguards and leggings, both also made of silver, and leather gloves. When Tesus is wearing his armor, the only part of his body visible is his elbows, knees and his red eyes.

And the last of all, Tesus, unlike other knights, has a small cloth with multiple flower designs hidden inside his helmet, but Tesus usually wraps the cloth around his neck behind the dense and strong armor. This cloth Tesus found when he was walking in the forest, taking a walk for a secret break. He still keeps and uses it for multiple reasons, most of the time it is to wipe the sweat from his head whenever the work is hard or the climate is hot. So far, nobody has seen it, and Tesus is aware that if the cloth is discovered, he might get into trouble.

Personality: Tesus was grown in a very strict family, which influenced his character a bit. Tesus is obedient, listening to the knights with higher ranking attentively. Tesus is also very determined, so he always concentrates on one and only goal if given and rejects other tasks, unless it's REALLY urgent.

Tesus' interaction with others can be random. Strangers usually avoid Tesus whenever he's without his armor. His intimidating appearance makes some of the babies cry. But other knights know him as a different pokemon. It is true that Tesus can be quiet, but he is also gentle and caring. Tesus is known for rushing to help, both when necessary or unnecessary. He believes words can be a better solution than fists. Of course he doesn't like Mechanists, but sometimes he questions the war itself. He believes there is a different way to fix this, even though he didn't find it yet. And he is still looking for it.

Tesus, when in conversation, is friendly and willing to help. But he is still inexperienced because of his late entry to the Knight's court, becoming a Knight only at the age of 17. He still can be found making mistakes and asking 'seniors' questions. At the same time, Tesus can be rude, occasionally using insults if not in the mood. That, meanwhile, rarely happens.

History: Tesus was born as a third son in the Folium family, consisting of pokemon of the Treecko family. His dad, a Sceptile, is a retired knight due to heavy injuries and a crippled arm despite the young age. His mom is a medic, who specializes in berries and their whereabouts. Tesus also has 3 siblings: 2 older brother and sister, 1 younger brother.

Tesus was the most hyper-energetic from the quartet as a Treecko. He got in trouble lots of time for disturbing the slumber of the retired knights and ruining private lessons for those who were training to become one. Being a blabbermouth, once he got in trouble for declaring he wanted to be a Mechanist because their weapons looked cool. But he didn't know something about the Mechanists, which later he was told about. And this incident concerned his father and his fallen comrades.

Tesus was sent to training at the age of 6, when actually his siblings went earlier. Even his younger brother, who was 2 years born later than Tesus himself, went to training at the same year as him. But this time Tesus was determined to become a Knight, not a Mechanist. He was told about the incident.

A year after Tesus' birth, Craig Folium, Tesus' dad, participated in one of the most violent and horrible battles between the Declarum Forces and the Knights of the Oran. He was there in the battlefield with his best friend, Red the Scizor, and his brother, Dave. But he didn't know that Mechanists were very cruel. Craig didn't know they didn't use their physical strength. They cheated. Craig and his comrades were at the front, fighting with all their might. The Declarum soldiers fell one by one at their attacks. But suddenly, a soldier appeared with a long red tube that Craig didn't know was a Flamethrower. A ball of fire erupted from the tube, which collided with Dave's blood drought armor. The fire went through the steel, and soon Dave himself was on fire, being torched alive. Next was Red, who also met the same fate as Dave. Craig could only blink at whatever happened instantly. He couldn't move. There was a cry of retreat in the back, but Craig couldn't hear it. The soldier aimed the tube at Craig and shot the deadly element. Craig only blinked. But, miraculously, the burning figure of Red swiftly approached Craig and, grabbing his arm, threw him away from harm. Red was still alive, but burning. Craig wanted to help him, but at the same time he didn't want to die. Craig just stood up and retreated with Agility as fast as possible, not turning back at the dying figure of his friend. Talk about doing something good at the urge of dying.

Tesus listened to his dad's story and was determined to destroy Mechanists. His dad didn't deserve to lose his job and become a pokemon without an arm (his arm was seriously burnt when he was grabbed by Red and had to be cut). Tesus trained hard, learned everything about the Knight's code. He wanted to fight those 'cheaters' and avenge his father. Tesus looked up to become a Knight as noble as his dad and Maverick, one of the council members, who was also a pokemon of the Treecko family.

Tesus learned lots of battle techniques from different Knights. Most he learned from his dad, especially how to affectively use Agility in critical situations and in battle. Craig, even without his right arm, was still good at battling. Tesus spent most of his times sparring or reading huge tomes about Knights and their code. Being the odd and strange-colored one, he spent most of his time alone, isolated from others. He was depressed, bored, and not eager to play at all. He was teased, insulted, even beaten up by some of the trainees. That was when he changed his name from Marcus to Tenebrosus or Tesus, which meant 'Darkness', and to him: 'Despair'. But the only pokemon to surround him, encourage him was his siblings, especially his sister Tetra. Thanks to their support Tesus was able to continue his long journey to becoming a Knight. And he did so in the end.

At the age of 17, Tesus, after a long period of training and battling, was finally accepted to join the ranks of the Knights of the Oran. Tesus is still hungry of revenge, but his enthusiasm decreased. Tesus was ordered to do many tasks, most of them were scouting or patrolling. But Tesus wanted something more than just running around. He wanted to infiltrate the Enclaves. He wanted to be in live action. He volunteered to become a spy, to 'cheat', just like they did. But his application was declined, and Tesus had to bear the urge to defy and beat up the members of the council. Since then, Tesus had a small flame of defiance kept inside him, a small flame of hatred towards the council, except Maverick.

Tesus has been a Knight for a short time. So far, he participated in only one small skirmish, where he managed to defeat only one soldier, but was knocked out unconscious. Tesus is secretly training to become stronger. He does physical training every night to improve his battle techniques, which is why Tesus is always sleepy and depressed. But he doesn't know that soon, he would need to prove his usefulness.

Moveset: Pursuit, Leaf Blade, Agility, Energy Ball

I hope it's okay. Again, using one of my previous characters, but with a totally different history.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@TiTaN.JuStIn Tenebrosus 'Tesus' Folium is accepted! The idea on how Tesus found the cloth and that he's keeping it in secret is a nice touch. I just ask that you make on minor adjustment. Since Folium is a Knight he is unable to learn TM moves and Energy Ball is a TM move. Just switch it with a move he would learn naturally and you will be good.

Edit: Actually scratch that I just remembered that Treecko can learn energy ball naturally. My mind blanked on that one so your SU is good to go.

Last edited:

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Sorry for the wait.

Spoiler:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Discordant Harmony Chauncey Parks is accepted!

@Lincoln West you are reserved!

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
Spoiler:

FINISHED!!!!!

Last edited:
Back