The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:08 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Hello!! Just a quick update:
1200 Pikachu.
8 Zigzagoon.
400 Snivy.

That quest looks awesome, G! I'll start with Snivy, although whether he's blue or green is debatable. I'm doing more Pikachu as I speak, hoping to hit 1500 by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
I hope you all had a nice leap day, SHC! :cer_boogie: It's awesome getting an extra day to hunt! :D

Today begins March, which means... *drumroll*

IT'S TIME FOR THE MARCH CONTEST!

To win, you must catch or hatch 2 green shinies. The shinies may have any amount of green, ranging from 0.1% of total body mass to being an icky green blob. *glances at shiny Tangela*

"lol" I cloned myself so that I could hunt for shinies multiple times at once! Even as we speak, there are several G-Moneys out there dual hunting while I type this post. Too bad I didn't consider the fact that none of the other G-Money shiny collections would count for mine... :/

Yes, welcome to the club! I don't think the Pokemart gifts can be shiny, although I'm not totally sure on that. I know that the Victini can't, but I can't say with certainty about the others. (I didn't even know there was a Jirachi event, "lol''.
Like I just said, that quest is awesome! I plan to do extra hunting on St Patrick's day, probably while drinking those green McDonalds milkshakes. :cer_laugh:

That's a good idea! I may try cloning myself along with my DS, see if I can get more hunting done.

I know from months of RNG that the Pokemart gifts cannot be shiny. However,
the ones where you go to an island to catch the Pokemon normally (Mew, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Spear Pillar Arceus), can be shiny by SRing that Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money
ARs are acceptable for teleporting to event Pokemon that you could never get otherwise. This includes Mew, Deoxys, and Arceus only - no one else. In any other situation, ARs are not acceptable.
I need to clear something up here. Doesn't this also include Darkrai and Shaymin also? I need them for my Sinnoh SR quest, and I intend to get to them via AR. I am going to do this even if for some reason it is not acceptable, since it is for my private quest and not an official one, but I for one believe Darkrai and Shaymin should be accepted, especially since tweaking is not possible in Platinum.

Well, bye everyone, good luck!

NOTE: My last post contained everything before the first G-Money quote. I deleted it because I realized after I posted that I needed to quote him, and I wanted to avoid double posting, as there is no way to edit a quote into a post.

EDIT: 1234 Pikachu!

Last edited by SS01; March 1st, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM
TheShinyEevee
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheShinyEevee
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
I hope you all had a nice leap day, SHC! :cer_boogie: It's awesome getting an extra day to hunt! :D

Today begins March, which means... *drumroll*

IT'S TIME FOR THE MARCH CONTEST!

To win, you must catch or hatch 2 green shinies. The shinies may have any amount of green, ranging from 0.1% of total body mass to being an icky green blob. *glances at shiny Tangela*

Congrats!
I will be doing this (hopefully)! As SS said, it's debatable whether Snivy is blue or green, but yeah xD I was also hunting Shiny Tangela too, so I might return to that if I get one of my SR targets (hopefully articuno) done soon.

Congrats on all those new shinies everyone!

2258 Snivy

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.

Last edited by TheShinyEevee; March 1st, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
So I have changed my target from yanma to slugma, since I think a magcargo is what my team needs more... but I can't wait for that silver slug! Optimistically I would say I am at about... 50 eggs? maybe more?

When i have my slug (presuming it is still march) I will join into that monthly contest. Two of my team members were going to be green (surprise surprise) so it sounds like fun!

@TheShinyEevee I will hopefully be trying to get the blob of green vines known as tangela too (after slugma) wanna race?
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:53 PM
TheShinyEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
So I have changed my target from yanma to slugma, since I think a magcargo is what my team needs more... but I can't wait for that silver slug! Optimistically I would say I am at about... 50 eggs? maybe more?

When i have my slug (presuming it is still march) I will join into that monthly contest. Two of my team members were going to be green (surprise surprise) so it sounds like fun!

@TheShinyEevee I will hopefully be trying to get the blob of green vines known as tangela too (after slugma) wanna race?
Good luck with the silver slug/purple snail, haha!

Probably! I defintely will if you're still hunting it when I am, but I really don't know how long Snivy's gonna take, and I'm gonna try to get Articuno on the same LG file first, hopefully. So it may not be March when I hunt it at all, unless someone spills luck on me!
THanks for the offer, though! Hopefully I can :D

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old March 1st, 2012, 03:30 PM
KaosDarkrai
Beginning Trainer

Hi guys I like to thanks the people for congrats me on my shiny deoxy but I here on a shiny update.....

Pokemon crystal:: Odd egg did 80-90 SR for it
Pokemon LG:: hunting for shiny mankey did 20 SR be focusing on my crystal.
Pokemon ruby and sapphire:: hunting for torchic did over 4k SR

I got a question if you remember when does a odd egg be shiny? I hear it 1/8 1/16 and it 50% chance if anyone know please respond thanks and good luck to everyone shiny targets
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:46 PM
LucarioGuild7

Nature: Jolly
Quick update Got Japanese Eevee so mming that but i think i will try the March quest it sounds intresting
Eevee MM:30 eggs
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:39 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Well, quick update, I was able to download an HG Kyogre off PokeCheck, so I'm now SRing Razquaza just to troll TSE, who can't get WiFi to her game. So, 20 Rayquaza. Was also able to get a bit more in on my other hunts, 464 Snivy in Black, 185 Eevee in Platinum, and my SoulSilver hunts are kind of all over the place, Pikachu's at 1262, also doing Rayquaza as mentioned above, when I'm done both I might reset it and do starters, or I might do the Union cave Lapras first, I don't know. Bye everyone, and hope this wasn't a junk post!
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:42 AM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
Back again.... another shiny encounter.... failed.... all because of this.... THING that selfedestruched in my face!!!!
it even has a trollface on it!

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:27 AM
KaosDarkrai
Beginning Trainer

Omfg shiny magby hatch from the odd egg in my crystal in 105 SR... March Madness coming quick for me... omg he look so cool.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner

Nature: Adamant
Nothing to note here, other than a few hours of power-outage, and nearly 24 hours of no phone service, meaning for me no internet service.

Demoonica's Fan Fiction
Co-Owner of the Shiny Hunters Club
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
TheShinyEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSonic View Post
Back again.... another shiny encounter.... failed.... all because of this.... THING that selfedestruched in my face!!!!
Ahhh! I'm so sorry D: I hope you get another shiny/reclaim it soon! Half-congrats and good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosDarkrai View Post
Omfg shiny magby hatch from the odd egg in my crystal in 105 SR... March Madness coming quick for me... omg he look so cool.
Sweet! March Madness for you, for sure! Congratulations!

Update:
2345 Snivy! Hehehe funny number :D
And also, I need to train my shiny-catching-smeargle, so I decided to throw it in the daycare with my Japanese Ditto while I do that. Maybe a Shiny Smeargle soon? *Hopeful*

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Arceus Whisper
Shiny Hunter

Nature: Lax
1670 - Charmander
Just dropping by to ask a quick question...
Does fishing count for the Encounter portion of the Yearly Shiny Quest? If it does I will fish on (Unova) Route 18 for finneon or horsea (or chinchou but it only has a 1% encounter rate) either way i would be happy with any of them, but I would be most happy with Charmander.
Anyway good luck to everybody on their respective hunts

3DS FC: 5284-2430-5346
White FC: 4385-5365-2671
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
LucarioGuild7

I was looking on serebii for green shinies and i think i know which two im gonna try and get Jigglypuff(green eyes) and Teddiursa(whole body green) so i might start trying to get one of those in about week.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 03:57 AM
TheShinyEevee

YES!!! YES YES YES!!!

Shiny Snivy! I named him Link, after all, and I might change it at some point. I don't know.
He was in the 2409th egg... I want to say finally but I know this wasn't a really huge hunt haha! I guess this means I win... :D

Spoiler:

NOW! Let the Soft Resetting begin!!!

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

1262 Pikachu.
467 Snivy.
77 Rayquaza.

I have just finished training my shiny catcher in 4th gen.
He's a LV. 50 as of current Parasect with False Swipe, Spore, Stun Spore, and a last move that's still open.
I'm using him for Rayquaza and Pikachu, and plan to do Giratina with him too once I get that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
YES!!! YES YES YES!!! Shiny Snivy!

NOW! Let the Soft Resetting begin!!!
Gratz girl! You SO deserved that, 2409 eggs.

Count me in on the SRing.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Snivy, TheShinyEevee! That was a long hunt.

I'm sorry to hear about the shiny Electrode, HaloSonic. The first shiny I ever encountered was a Geodude that Selfdestructed, so I know the feeling.

I've decided to hatch Druddigon and Marill for the monthly contest. I will suspend my Sandile hunt when I reach 200 (currently at 168), and skip Riolu. Several months ago I bred a Marill with Aqua Jet and a Totodile with Ice Punch and Aqua Jet on SoulSilver and transferred them over to White with the plan to MM them someday. I'm finally getting around to Marill, and I'll probably spend some time MMing Totodile too. I plan on breeding Fire Fang and Sucker Punch on Druddigon.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
KaosDarkrai
Beginning Trainer

Congrats on shiny snivy theshinyeevee :D!

So I decide to hunt a bug Pokemon in the bug contest in my crystal I not going tell you just yet. But it has a 4% chance of showing and it green right for my 2nd march madness shiny hopefully he show on near close to 2000-2500 RE.
Old March 4th, 2012, 05:00 AM
LordxDanswich
Lord of the Sammich!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LordxDanswich
I too shall join in this monthly quest, My two targets being bulbasaur and bronzor.

Best of luck chaps

Kindle Road
Current Location/Target
Credit to Pokesho for the Ponyta image
Old March 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Congratulations on the magby and the snivy! Sorry about the electrode, that stinks!
So an update.
Basically I have just been hatching slugma (I'm hatching them right now as we speak) and then meandering around the bug catching contest whenever it occurs...
I think after slugma and tangela, I will go for a shiny pinsir. It's slowly growing on me.
I'd like to think I have hatched a little over 500 slugma eggs, since I can breed/hatch around thirty in an hour, its been around four days...
Unfortunately, MMing is not growing on me. I think I prefer SRing and REing since they feel like they go faster and i don't have to pay as much attention to the game... MMing feels like I'm stuck in traffic, while REing/SRing feels like I'm driving on the highway, even if it takes longer haha.
Good luck to everyone!
Old March 4th, 2012, 03:05 PM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

I think I'll definitely give the March Contest a try. Even though shiny Caterpie is yellow, would it count for the contest if I evolve it into a Butterfree?

If I manage to hatch the Caterpie, I'll go back to my friend's Eevee and hatch in turbo mode so I can then hatch either Teddiursa or Chansey afterwards. *green shinies ftw*

Darn it G-Money, I wish I could clone myself. xD!
I stay away
Old March 4th, 2012, 03:45 PM
G-Money
Polychromatic Iridescence

2345 Eevee would like to thank TSE for showing G-Money a funny number! He had never thought of that before. :cer_laugh:
500 Snivy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOfRemorse View Post
Even though shiny Caterpie is yellow, would it count for the contest if I evolve it into a Butterfree?
Yes! I probably should've mentioned that in the post about the Quest. I'll edit that into posts. For example, Eevee counts for the contest, but only if you evolve it into Espeon, Leafeon, or Jolteon (??).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
I need to clear something up here. Doesn't this also include Darkrai and Shaymin also? I need them for my Sinnoh SR quest, and I intend to get to them via AR. I am going to do this even if for some reason it is not acceptable, since it is for my private quest and not an official one, but I for one believe Darkrai and Shaymin should be accepted, especially since tweaking is not possible in Platinum.

there is no way to edit a quote into a post.
The reason Shaymin and Darkrai aren't counted for club contests when gotten by teleporting with AR is because it's possible to get them legally on mainstream games. But we'll still wish you good luck!

Also, you can edit a quote into a post! Go quote the post and do whatever you do as if you were making a new post, but before hitting the post button, copy everything, go back to your post, edit, and paste it at the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSonic View Post
That's terrible!! I'm really sorry to hear that, HaloSonic. I hope you can reclaim it soon.

"lol" @ the trollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosDarkrai View Post
Congrats!! That's an insanely, ridiculously long hunt: the odds for the Odd Egg are 1/7!! 105 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over average (1500%!!)! To put that in perspective, you did the equivalent of 122,880 SRs/REs!!

Also, I never mentioned that the contests don't include 2nd gen games, so your hunting in Crystal is fine through the end of March. I'll make sure to put it in the rules for next contest, but because I forgot to, you get to hunt there for the rest of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceus Whisper View Post
Does fishing count for the Encounter portion of the Yearly Shiny Quest?
Yes! Fishing counts as encountering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinyEevee View Post
Shiny Snivy!
Congrats - you won the race!! Way to go, TSE! You really deserved it after so many eggs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
MMing feels like I'm stuck in traffic, while REing/SRing feels like I'm driving on the highway, even if it takes longer haha.
"lol" I know how you feel, but with 3rd gen vs. 5th gen. I was dual hunting Eevee and Snivy all last night, and I could do about 4 Eevee for each Snivy!

Path of the Dragon: 2/7
Path of the Ghost: 7/18
Path of the Starter: 5/18
Old March 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM
KaosDarkrai
Beginning Trainer

Wow I just got me dsi and 3ds with Pokemon heartgold soulsilver and Pokemon white. I was hunting on my heartgold and soulsilver for starter and in 458 SR shiny totodile appeared with adamant nature with 31 IV attack!!!!!! Omg I getting so lucky! Thank you guys for so much luck!
Old March 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Congrats on the shiny Totodile, KaosDarkrai!

This week's random hunt is... Mudkip!

Litwick: 2,750
Sandile: 200
Totodile: 21
Marill: 14

I will be hunting Marill and Druddigon for the rest of the month. I'll spend a little bit of time MMing Absol again and Pawniard with Sucker Punch too.
Old March 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Skitty1
Highlight my signature :)

I have a Skitty (shiny) on HG which was traded over from Emerald :D...

Old March 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
Hi everybody!
Just dropping in to say congratulations to everyone getting shinys!
Im current SRing for an eevee on HG so I can get a shiny Umbreon <3
Also doing 150 encounters on every route and current up to about 2000 encounters through this and about 1000 SRs on eevee, So frustrated Ive been starting to nickname them "Shine" or "Shiny"

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links