Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Hmm. I searched around and a date said for HGSS is October the 10th according to this, and this video, so I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.
Me neither, which is why I came here. Thanks for trying at least, I'll just have to figure out another way to beat him.
Old January 19th, 2012, 08:26 AM
§1
Rocket grunt

Nature: Relaxed
in SS what are all the pokemon that i can only find by using the radio?

3DS FC: 5472-7477-3741
B2 FC: 1464 9330 9652
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by §1 View Post
in SS what are all the pokemon that i can only find by using the radio?
There's quite a few, so I'd rather just link you to the list on Serebii

Click me! :D
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:02 PM
§1
Rocket grunt

Nature: Relaxed
what/where are all the npcs that trade you in ss?

3DS FC: 5472-7477-3741
B2 FC: 1464 9330 9652
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Here's a full list of HGSS ingame trades.

Old February 7th, 2012, 10:25 AM
RedViper1990

Nature: Calm
I am at Ecruteak City now, before the 4th gym. I caught a Scyther and I was wondering, what you guys would recommened.

Train Scyther now already, or wait till I have a Metal Coat so I can evolve it in a Scizor. I am planning to let Scyther evolve eventually, but I want to know what I should do with him for now.
Pokémon X Team (A new team is being trained)

Old February 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

if i was you i would train it now make it strong you dont really have to evolve it scyther can still be a very strong pokemon
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

If you train him now you wouldn't have to worry about training him later when you want to evolve him. However, Scizor can learn moves by leveling up that Scyther can't.
Old February 8th, 2012, 01:25 AM
RedViper1990

Thanks for the comments :D

EDIT: Well I evolved him in Scizor already, because I remembed it's possible that Magnemite hold Metal Coat. After 3 Magnemite, I had a Metal Coat and I evolved Scyther :D
Pokémon X Team (A new team is being trained)

Last edited by RedViper1990; February 8th, 2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:59 AM
何贤豪

Hello!
Well, I'm looking to RNG Bill's Eevee in HG/SS...I used PokeRNG and I have found a seed that gives me...
Bold nature, 31/31/31/30/31/31 (HP Electric 70)
Now, I'm confused on how to hit the seed's delay/seconds/frame to get Bill's Eevee with this IV spread and nature...can someone help?
And can someone tell me how to RNG for the two Roaming Legendary Beasts (Entei and Raikou) in HG/SS?
Thanks a lot!
PS: Can someone also tell me how to RNG for in-game trades in HG/SS? Or is this impossible?
PS: If I were to use something like PikaTimer, I don't have to calibrate in DPPt, right? And how do I use it to hit a seed's delay/seconds/frame?

Last edited by 何贤豪; February 8th, 2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Charmander_004
I love Pokémon and Charmander

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Charmander_004
hey guys i have a problem with my lucario's moves, the game is diamond. To make this quick this is his moveset right now:

Aura sphere
close combat
dark pulse
dragon pulse

Now the problem is that instead of dragon pulse i used to have reversal, i knew reversal was much better attack for lucario than dragon pulse but i erased it anyway to try out dragon pulse, but now that i want it back it doesnt appear in the list of forgotten moves with the heartscale guy. Then i found out that the move reversal was only learnable when my lucario was still riolu so maybe thats why it doesnt appear in the list. BUT is this how it should be? Isnt it supposed that you can relearn any forgotten move with the heartscale tutor? Isn't there other way my lucario can remember that move? Maybe another tutor in other version? Or is the infamous Action Replay the only way i can relearn it? (dont have one)

Or should i give up trying to relearn that move?. After all i already have 2 other fighting type moves which i find more useful (reversal was my last resort when my hp is low but it can be very powerful at that state). Maybe i can teach him another more useful move like flash cannon? (tried it out and i could beat some pokemon that otherwise i couldnt have, but reversal is still more useful sometimes when my hp is low, isnt it?). So i want your recommendations guys. What move should i put instead of reversal or should i really HAVE THAT move?
Thank you for the banner Simplicity!!!!!!
LOOKIN' FOR 3DS FRIENDS!! MY 3DS FRIEND CODE: 0173-1462-5321
"send me a PM if you wanna be friends"
Praises for Pokémon Music!!!! My Favorites' Playlist (SO FAR!):
1.-Pokémon Theme(Movie Version) 2.-2BA Master 3.-Viridian City 4.-My Best Friends 5.-Together Forever 6.-OK!
7.-You and Me and Pokémon 8.- Pokettari Monsutaari Karaoke 9.-Pokémon Johto 10.-Pikachu (I Choose You)
Old February 10th, 2012, 12:25 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I'll merge this to the Help thread in case people want to suggest different moves. Post there in future if you have any other questions please.

Move Relearner only works for moves learnable by the Pokemon's current form, so it cannot learn Reversal in any other legit way. But as you said you already have 2 Fighting-type moves, and usually it's best to have 2 only at the absolute max; the more variety you have in your attack typings the more Pokemon you can hit with super-effective strikes. Reversal isn't really a must-have move either for ingame purposes and only really useful when you intend to sacrifice HP to make it strong (say via Substituting); the other two I'd think are regarded as better in normal circumstances.

Old February 10th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Charmander_004
I love Pokémon and Charmander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Charmander_004
thanks for the help bobandbill, you cleared my mind. although im still a little mad that you cant relearn a move you used to have just because is not in the default pokemons movelist. I thought it was a stack that keeps track of the moves you learn, but it isnt. Anyways i guess i'll keep flash cannon, earthquake sounds good too, i'll figure it out. I'm still waiting for more suggestions if anyone else cares.

BTW forgot again that there was a sticky for help questions! sorry!
Thank you for the banner Simplicity!!!!!!
LOOKIN' FOR 3DS FRIENDS!! MY 3DS FRIEND CODE: 0173-1462-5321
"send me a PM if you wanna be friends"
Praises for Pokémon Music!!!! My Favorites' Playlist (SO FAR!):
1.-Pokémon Theme(Movie Version) 2.-2BA Master 3.-Viridian City 4.-My Best Friends 5.-Together Forever 6.-OK!
7.-You and Me and Pokémon 8.- Pokettari Monsutaari Karaoke 9.-Pokémon Johto 10.-Pikachu (I Choose You)
Old February 20th, 2012, 08:14 AM
[Snivy Baroque]
Shinigami Snivy

can anybody give me tips on my team, I have: Haunter, Gyarados, Croconaw, Ho-Oh, Ampharos, Espeon........all in HG, I'm currently grinding them to level 40 for the Elite 4, but need help figuring out a good Moveset for each.
Black FC: 2323- 0650-0296 PM me if you want to add my FC for Black
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Snivy Baroque] View Post
can anybody give me tips on my team, I have: Haunter, Gyarados, Croconaw, Ho-Oh, Ampharos, Espeon........all in HG, I'm currently grinding them to level 40 for the Elite 4, but need help figuring out a good Moveset for each.
Note we have an in-game team help section (subsection of the Competitive Battling Centre section) that may be of use for you, especially if you post your team there with their current movesets. As for movesets, basically avoid keeping weak HM moves on them for the E4 such as Cut (you can delete those via the Move Deleter in Blackthorn) and don't have multiple moves of the same type on the same Pokemon if you can help it (so for Croconaw don't go with Surf, Water Gun and Waterfall, as that's pointless; the more variety in typing you have the better).

Both Gyarados and Croconaw would actually benefit from waterfall over surf given their superior physical attack stats but if need be I suppose Surf fits Croconaw better. Keep the likes of Crunch for those if you get it, and Ice Fang for Gyarados would be useful at the end of the E4. Ampharos can get Fire Punch via move relearner in blackthorn (need a heart scale). That's some notable stuff off the top of my head; hard to say though given I don't know what they currently know.

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:27 PM
[Snivy Baroque]
Shinigami Snivy

k, I beat the E4, now I need a Heart Scale, how do I get those
Black FC: 2323- 0650-0296 PM me if you want to add my FC for Black
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:13 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
The easiest way to get those is at the Pokeathlon Dome, where they can be sold for 1,000 Athlete Points on Sundays and Wednesdays. To get those points, you actually need to take part in the Pokeathlon.

Old February 20th, 2012, 09:58 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Alternatively, Rock Smash the rocks at Cianwood. Note that you'd need to be a bit lucky though as you can get other items, a battle or nothing at all instead. Moving out and in of the location will reset the rocks though.

Old February 20th, 2012, 11:34 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
You can also get them on your Pokéwalker at Beautiful Beach (2000+ Steps), Warm Beach (3000+ Steps), Stormy Beach (800+ Steps) and Quiet Cave (2500+ Steps).
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Ocarina007
Beginning Trainer

I don't where to post this so I'll post it here. I'm looking for code to get all the tm's. My friend and I have already beat the elite four and we have pokemon we would love to teach moves and battle eachother but either can't get them or have already used them. Not a single code we have tried worked.
Including:
94000130 FFBB0000
62111880 00000000
B2111880 00000000
D5000000 005A0148
C0000000 0000005B
D6000000 000009B0
D4000000 00000001
D2000000 00000000

We tried many variations of this code such as 63 instead of the 5B and others but none of them worked, and we press select + up everywhere. Really, I have looked at at least 10+ sites and this is literally a last resort. We don't cheat for everything, we might glitch a low lvl pokemon but we raise it ourselves. Please help
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:41 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

I'll just merge this with the Help thread sticky. Can't say I know anything about AR codes though.

Old March 4th, 2012, 04:12 PM
LuckyLucario2000

Hey I have a level 30 Magneton, what level should I evolve him into Magnezone? Does it matter or will his moves be the same?
Old March 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralikazam View Post
Hey I have a level 30 Magneton, what level should I evolve him into Magnezone? Does it matter or will his moves be the same?
You don't have to wait, you can evolve it right now if you like.

Magnezone's level-up moveset is exactly the same as Magnemite and Magneton.
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Hey, I wonder...Isn't it possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum. The case is, I have a level 99 Mewtwo, and comparing the stats, the EVs don't seem full. So let's say this Mewtwo struck level 100, will he still be able to get EVs to increase in that stats? Or is LEVELING UP necessary D: ?
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:42 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
Hey, I wonder...Isn't it possible to EV train a level 100 Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum. The case is, I have a level 99 Mewtwo, and comparing the stats, the EVs don't seem full. So let's say this Mewtwo struck level 100, will he still be able to get EVs to increase in that stats? Or is LEVELING UP necessary D: ?
It's not possible to EV train Pokemon when they're at level 100.

If your Mewtwo reaches level 100 when its EVs aren't maxed out, the EVs it gained from that battle will be the last ones it'll ever get.

However, in Gen V, Pokemon at level 100 can still be EV trained.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here