The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
If a digimon/pokémon cross over was to be made, how would you want it to be? Digimon in pokémon world? Pokémon in digimon world? Some other mix?
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Nature: Quirky
How many RPs can YOU manage to be a part of at the same time?

I would like to say infinite amounts, but that would be lying because I'm in 7 RPs right now (3 here, 4 on another website) and I'm having difficulties keeping up. But now my laptops fixed so... Eh, I guess I can do an infinite number
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I could probably join 7 roleplays minus 1 for each of those roleplays I GM.

That means GMing a roleplay basically takes up 2 slots instead of 1. GMing 2 like I am now, I could then join 3 before I'm at my limit for a total of 5 roleplays.
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:35 AM
luigimario84
Owner of worlds

Hey guys..... long time no see.
Sorry about leaving you like that! Minecraft caught me like a storm and soon I was sucked in and completely forgot about this place! =(
I am sorry for any inconvenience that happened with me leaving without notice. Please can you forgive me.

JULIUS SEIZURE!!!!!!
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM
aspie3000
Unova Champion

Nature: Lonely
I'm just here to advertise my Roleplay, Digimon Prophecy. Join up if you're free.

Old February 29th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Hey everyone, i want to join a fun RP. I never have played in a RP before, so i'm not good at this, and i prefer Mystery Dungeon RPs. Can anyone tell me a good one? Also, i want the RP to be active. I'm pretty impatient.
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:47 AM
shinysweety
In it to win it! :D

Nature: Jolly
Well, if you wan't to join a PMD RP that's active, you can join mine. The spot's are almost full, and just saying that Team Crystal is the most active. So you may wan't you'r character to visit them, here's a link to the RP.

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

I think more people need to vote nominate in the RPAs. Hey, I was gone a whole month and I still voted nominated! :P

Digimon seems popular, lately.
Digimon/Pokémon crossover? Well, either way it should be set in the Pokémon world, with the Digital world being . . . y'know . . . digital. Unless you did something weird and made Pokémon the digital creatures. Like . . . having it set in the real world, pulling a digimon and putting some kids in the computer, or Pokémon game, or whatever. Still, weird.
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
I think more people need to vote nominate in the RPAs. Hey, I was gone a whole month and I still voted nominated! :P

Digimon seems popular, lately.
Digimon/Pokémon crossover? Well, either way it should be set in the Pokémon world, with the Digital world being . . . y'know . . . digital. Unless you did something weird and made Pokémon the digital creatures. Like . . . having it set in the real world, pulling a digimon and putting some kids in the computer, or Pokémon game, or whatever. Still, weird.
No that could actually work! To have the humans drawn into a game, like the pokémon game, but have digimon instead of pokémon, or pokémon AND digimon, or... *mind spouting ideas*

I think it's very difficult to decide on whom to nominate.
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@RHCP: You can nominate multiple people, if you're willing to write multiple reasons, I think. (That may or may not help you. Just figured I'd mention it.)
Old February 29th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Fort PokePower
Muffins forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortworth96 View Post
My final RP idea is based around a book I'm writing, and would somewhat be to help me get over writer's block and decide on a few elements of the story, as well as for enjoyment. The name I'm thinking to use for it is Mystland: The Lost Guardian. I'm still working on building a plot for this one, but this is what I'm thinking of:

In recent years, there has been an increase in kidnappings all over the world. The truth behind these kidnappings is that scientists are collecting test sujects and stowing them away to a land lost in time: Mystland. In this land, creatures only seen in fiction, and many never even heard of, roam wild, untouched by man except for the recent influence of the scientists. The scientists are taking advantage of the powers these creatures possess, finding ways to insert their traits in the children they kidnapped. Once the scientists made a mistake an enraged an especially dangerous creature, causing it to attack their lab. In the commotion many of the test subjects escaped. They learn from the some of more intelligent natives that the Guardian of Mystland disappeared at about the same time the scientists returned and that ever since then the land has slowly been dying. The escapees, curious and wanting to help - even if only for revenge - agree to help find the lost guardian.
It looks like I'm going to go with this on. I'll have it up in a couple of weeks after I finish the plot and setting.

Just a sneak peak for Mystland: The Lost Guardian ;D

Spoiler:

Coconut Grove- A string of coconut trees lining the edge of the Weeping Forest by the Shardike-eater Beach.
Crevasse Lake- A large lake that is over a mile deep. The first 500 feet is warm water, but only a hundred feet further and the water is completely frozen except for a large crevasse in the ice right in the middle of the lake.
Guardian's Grove- The deepest part of the Weeping Forest that is said to be the home of Mystland's guardian.
Fallover Sea- The water from this sea pours over the edge of Mystland. If you aren't careful you'll get swept over.
Fogbend Mountains- These mountains are full of twists and turns and are constantly cloaked in a thick fog.
Laboratory- The laboratory where the test subjects escaped from.
Pireel River- The smaller of Mystland's two rivers. It is infested with Pireel.
Shardike Bay- An area of calm water where creatures that live in Fallover Sea can rest without risk of being swept over the edge of Mystland. It is mostly populated by shardike.
Shardike-eater Beach- The only beach of Mystland that is the home to the mysterious shardike-eater.
Sifter River- The longer of Mystland's two rivers. Its currents are constantly changing.
The Veil- A thin layer of water over Mystland that hides it from any above it but still allows the inhabitants of Mystland to see out at the sky.
Weeping Forest- The forest covering much of Mystland. If the weather is hot enough, certain trees perspire a sweet liquid which trickles down their trunks like tears.
Whirlpool Chasm- The whirlpool within which is Mystland held up by a tall pillar of rock. The waters swirl away into a dark chasm.

Last edited by Skymin; March 2nd, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
THIS PLACE BE DEAD

ME REVIVE /revives

Okay, so I have a discussion topic for ya'll :P

What kind of new features/mechanics would you like to see in RPs? Of course by mechanics here, I mean leveling mechanics, etc. etc. It can be anything! :3
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Also, guys, the RPAs end in about 4 or so days. GIT YOUR NOMINATIONS IN!!!
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Also, guys, the RPAs end in about 4 or so days. GIT YOUR NOMINATIONS IN!!!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

@-DeepImpact-: Anything besides your funky take on magic that I don't like just because you did it and anything you do is horrid because daddy does not love you and you ruin everything you have destroyed the arcane arts for us all I hope you're happy because I'm not I'm actually really annoyed and very angryface and I want to slap you with an angry Magikarp and I think that regular knights are stupid so you should stop trying to even the odds because it's not actually possible since magic is so awesomesauce that nothing can beat it especially not you and your screwy ways.
Long run on sentence with zero punctuation. FUN.

In other news I'm super lazy and need to stop being super lazy.
I'm also back to being gone on weekends since I have to use my mom's computer, as mine is evil, and I'm not at my mom's on weekends. Or vacations. ;~;
I could actually probably make OOC posts, but that's it. Nothing long or overly detailed, lol.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:30 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys, we're awfully quiet here, so I wanna post a question to everyone. I was looking at my old SUs for RPs past and present. I notice that many of my characters have overlapping traits. Overall, there is a certain "villainy" theme to all of them, which I'd like to think has become a trademark of mine. My question to you is this:

Take a look at some of your old SUs. Is there any recurring or overlapping traits that are prevalent in your characters? It could be a name you constantly use, or a certain consistent appearance they have, or a certain personality type? Perhaps something a bit more subtle?

Thanks for your time.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:48 PM
BrainstØrm
Lonely Planet Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to BrainstØrm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
Hey guys, we're awfully quiet here, so I wanna post a question to everyone. I was looking at my old SUs for RPs past and present. I notice that many of my characters have overlapping traits. Overall, there is a certain "villainy" theme to all of them, which I'd like to think has become a trademark of mine. My question to you is this:

Take a look at some of your old SUs. Is there any recurring or overlapping traits that are prevalent in your characters? It could be a name you constantly use, or a certain consistent appearance they have, or a certain personality type? Perhaps something a bit more subtle?

Thanks for your time.
Hmm, mine are usually quiet and nuts. Either they're evil or they're shy and unsure, and I add some quirks to that. And I put a little bit of my personality on the characters, I feel more identified with them that way
Old March 6th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm

Well, simple question. It's always a sarcastic character for me who enjoys insulting/teasing people a lot. Almost always xD I guess I always put that part in because I'm kinda like that in real life too, and find it easier to relate to such a character d:
Old March 6th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Haha, yes there are. But I do it on purpose :3

One of my all time favorite characters is Ashton Elden (from A Fresh Start). He is pretty much a clone of Ash Ketchum xD Although I didn't really realize it when I made him. He is the epitome of the traits I'm often trying to give my characters. Rash, jolly, a bit lazy, a bit naive... A character that can take action when a roleplay seems boring, or someone who will be a bit selfish and annoyed with others at times, which can create a bit of drama if done in a good way.

So, I like to play those kind of characters. What I don't like to play as is timid, depressed or very dark characters, since I find that those can't really step up and take charge or talk to people in a way I'd be comfortable with. I find them boring to play as, basically ^^'

I used to have every other character be cheerful, the next more serious, the next cheerful, the next serious... but I realized I liked the cheerful ones much better ^^ people who think it's interesting to play darker characters and who are good at it can do that. Me, I do what I think I do better :3 I don't care if people think I'm taking the easy way out.
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old March 6th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue

...they're all female. Lol, I didn't even realize it. xD There is one SU I've made for a male character, though, and that's only because of RP restrictions. :B

Old March 6th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
I only made three SUs. They are all Lily the female Skitty/Delcatty who lost her best friend and her sister XD The delcatty one is in my own RP that isn't approved yet XD
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Pokemonmaster_draco
One Of The Best

Nature: Modest

I haven't actually posted SOME SU but i did one or two. I must say i have a really good pleasure playing a dark silent character. I suites me. Though in real life i'm a real annoyer, someone who cheers someone else when there sad :-D . I pretty like playing silent character because they kind of like mysterious and everyone is kinda saying "who is he? Why is he like that? He's mysterious". And i pretty much like those remarks and comments.

Spoiler:
A Scattered Dream That's Like A Far Off Memory......!
A Far Off Memory That's Like A Scattered Dream....!
I Want To Line The Pieces Up.....!

Yours And Mine

Current RP I'm:

Old March 6th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious

Well, from the few SU's I've made I've noticed that I like to make mostly male characters that really don't like fighting female types. One of my characters, Damon, would rather leave them spellbound with attract and another, Penance, will fight Sentinels with all he has but he is really protective of his female teammates, so much so that he could take it upon himself to protect them all the time.
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Hmm... consistent themes in my SUs are mostly irrelevant factors such as the characters being female and human(oid). Otherwise they're all very different.
Old March 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM
TiTaN.JuStIn
Fighting the army of Stress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post

Thanks for your time.
Hmmm... I just noticed that all of my character have something common with me. Plus, if you combined every character I made, I guarantee you that is me in RL. And I just noticed one more HORRIBLE thing: all of my characters have a bit of Gary-Stu in 'em. (*facepalm)

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

RPs I joined:

Pokemon: Fresh Start (as Richard J. Hope)
Old March 6th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Well, they all seem to have similar traits. Not like I, or really anyone, can help it. We make characters based off of what we know, so a few, or all, of them will be similar. Although, I have so many freaking characters that I have a rather diverse group
Shy/loners/dark (Luna, Kris, Shun, etc.)
friendly/optimistic/outgoing (Sierra/Krystal/Solissa, etc.)
genius/@$$hole/neutral (Nel, Sam, Angel, etc.)
I hev 'em all. :P Although, I don't keep either side void of good/bad characteristics, because that's dull and unrealistic, so they all have their moments. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
So, I like to play those kind of characters. What I don't like to play as is timid, depressed or very dark characters, since I find that those can't really step up and take charge or talk to people in a way I'd be comfortable with. I find them boring to play as, basically ^^'
Yet you loved the very dark, angryface Shun-man I made in *Foreigners. :P I suppose reading about characters you don't like to play as can still be just as entertaining, though~

Sponsored Links

Advertise here