Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 2nd, 2012 (10:05 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
I've been falling out of my MLP addiction lately; thought I skipped a few episodes but then found out they're on break until tomorrow so yay.

aaaand Personally I'm glad about the Derpy change. Given the offensiveness of what was being portrayed it was only a matter of time before something was done. I dislike the general brony fandom and tend to stay away from it (but continue to share my like of the show in places where the "saner" part of the fandom exists, for lack of better wording) so their reactions over this is even more disheartening. Honestly I'm glad I deleted my MLP bookmarks folder a few weeks back as I'm sure the fans' complaints over this mess are still echoing throughout sites like the My Little Brony branch on memebase (which I used to check daily).
Old March 3rd, 2012 (01:17 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2012 by Victini.
Victini

Oh please, please, may I join too? I love FiM ~ !

- Favorite Episode: Ooh, I haven't decided that yet...

- Favorite Main Pony: Applejack & Rainbow Dash

- Favorite Side Pony: Derp-Derp-Derpy~!

- About Me: I w-was also a bit weary of FiM when it was first released... I was a very big fan of the old MLP series when it was still very young and new. I wasn't sure, what with the new style and take on MLP, how well FiM would live up to it... but it has far exceeded all of my expectations, and I haven't loved MLP more than I do now... ♥
Old March 3rd, 2012 (06:28 AM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Victini:
Oh please, please, may I join too? I love FiM ~ !

- Favorite Main Pony: Applejack
Okay, you'll be added to the member list right away! Hope you have a great time here at the club.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (10:29 AM).
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Okay, just saw the new episode, and I could only think one thing before the ending.

Spoiler:
Flutter***** is back!

And then I smiled.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (02:55 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

I didn't really care for the episode. I just hate when the writers milk a particular facet of a pony's personality. Like Dashie's arrogance and spotlight-seeking, and now Fluttershy's meekness and shyness.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (04:38 PM). Edited March 3rd, 2012 by Victini.
Victini

Thanks so much!

I'm a bit late on the topic, but I hope it's okay for me to give my own thoughts about Derpy's new role...

I've never before seen a case come out full-blown like Derpy's. She began as an animation mistake. Then as she was noticed by the fans, they began to do it on purpose... and put her out to be spotted for fun by everyone. Then gradually she appeared more often doing something rather than standing out in the background...

She was lovingly deemed Derpy Hooves by the fans... and just last night I witnessed something I never thought I would..

When Dash called her Derpy, my heart skipped. And when Derpy spoke, it skipped again. I couldn't believe t-that they really actually made what was to be just a regular side pony, something of a fan-made character! I honestly haven't been more ecstatic about the show since... I've never seen fanservice be direct. Usually it's very subtle... but that was an outright hat-tip to the fans of MLP. I never fell into the love for Derpy when she was just a funny little "Where's Waldo?" type of pony... but then she was given that name officially, and received a character of her own similar to fan portrayal.. ♥

I look at Derpy as a symbol of love from the creators of MLP to their fans.

I don't know about the controversy surrounding Derpy... Derpy is a very lovable character to me. To me she made disabilities similar to hers very endearing. As for Dash purposely bullying Derpy around, as I understand it, I don't see it that way. Dash has a very irritable nature, even towards her own friends... she didn't tease Derpy any more than she has another pony. Derpy was also originally intended to be extremely clumsy and accident-prone... her original name was Ditzy Doo afterall. ^^ Derpy itself as a name wasn't offensive until Dash said it... it was fine when it was just a fan-made thing.. I can't really understand how that works. I can see how Derpy may be a heavy trigger, but I don't personally feel anyone should take her existence as offensive for all of the above opinions...

Derpy is a very wonderful character thus far, and I wish to see more of her with a role! ... If she doesn't get censored completely that is...
Old March 3rd, 2012 (06:14 PM).
//fennekin
Gold Tier

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Quote originally posted by Sweet Candace:
I didn't really care for the episode. I just hate when the writers milk a particular facet of a pony's personality. Like Dashie's arrogance and spotlight-seeking, and now Fluttershy's meekness and shyness.
It's all character development, really. I thought this episode worked really well. Very enjoyable. Even with Rainbow Dash, it wasn't really milking. That's my opinion, anyway.

And on the Derpy topic, I was one of those people who were overjoyed about her talking. I didn't find her offensive myself, but people are entitled to their own views and opinions, and I can see how people find her offensive. /shrugs
It's just something that happens in society.
Old March 3rd, 2012 (06:16 PM).
..is cool!

Nature: Sassy
Today's episode was pretty decent. I thought Fluttershy was amusing and it was cool to see Pinkie and Rarity hanging out. It's funny how Fluttershy was so critical of those two though when she just spends her time messing around with animals who probably don't even need her.

Old March 4th, 2012 (06:04 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
The episode on the whole was kinda bleh. Fluttershy starts off to shy, becomes too aggressive and then becomes juuuuuuust right. Saw it coming a mile off. Although it did give us Pinkie's homage to the classic Looney Tunes short Rabbit Fire, which elevated the episode somewhat:

Old March 4th, 2012 (06:44 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

Yeah, the recent episode was all right to me. I liked it better than the last one, and I like the lessons more of this episode. Particularly that "no means no" part.

What I like the most about the episode was that it seemed to reveal that Ponyville tends to go to extremes when there's a need for it. In the Mare-Do-Well episode, Ponyville was full of danger. In this Fluttershy episode, everyone was a massive jerk. I find that amusing about the place.

And also I like Angel Bunny being a jerk as well. I didn't like him slapping Fluttershy and getting away with it, but him being picky and spoiled about his dinner was adorable.

The video that Jon posted just adds more evidence to the theory that Pinkie Pie is very Looney-Toon-ish.
Old March 5th, 2012 (04:00 AM).
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
I liked this episode, there was a lot of reaction gifs I got out of it.

I'm going to take this as the episode where Fluttershy goes "insane" (everyone else had one)

I see "I don't give a flying feather" becoming a new thing.
Old March 5th, 2012 (06:38 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>

Quote originally posted by Astinus:
The video that Jon posted just adds more evidence to the theory that Pinkie Pie is very Looney-Toon-ish.
As much as I love Pinkie Pie, this is very, very true. Having said that, Bugs Bunny >>>>> Pinkie Pie.
Old March 5th, 2012 (11:15 AM).
Hito-Shura is awesome

Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
- Favorite Episode: Lesson Zero
- Favorite Main Pony: It's honestly a three-way tie between Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie. I see a lot of myself in both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but Pinkie Pie? She's just crazy. XD For the sake of being in a spot, put me under Fluttershy (By the way, BEST. POKER FACE. EVER!).
- Favorite Side Pony: A tie between Derpy Hooves and DJ Pon-3... Actually, Derpy edges out just a little bit. I love Derpy. <3
- About Me: Not gonna lie, I wasn't for this series at first. My Little Pony has always been one of those things I stayed away from. Rainbows and the color pink use to scare me (true story). It was only two months ago that I watched the first episode. Been a brony ever since. Brohoof anyone? /) As to me in general, I'm told that I'm a pretty chill dude. Aside from FiM, I also love the shows Adventure Time and Regular Show. (Seriously, those three are the best cartoon shows on television right now, and they're AWESOME!) I like several video games as well, but I still refuse to play the My Little Pony games. I don't want those to ruin my opinion on this show.
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old March 5th, 2012 (11:28 AM).
i'll bear my t e a r s out
CS

Nature: Gentle
Welcome!

Last episode was... eh for me as well. I love Character Development but only when it's done the right back. Making Fluttershy even more meek and shy as a starting point didn't appeal to me very well. Especially since we've seen earlier that she's not meek/shy enough to use 'The Eye' which she didn't do until the end of the episode. The over-assertiveness also bugged me a bit and just in general this episode just had Fluttershy go in a circle to the way she was before that episode in my honest opinion.

mod ☆ # b l u e b l o o d s ≡ pairs
Old March 5th, 2012 (11:57 AM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Game Over1375:
- Favorite Episode: Lesson Zero
- Favorite Main Pony: It's honestly a three-way tie between Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie. I see a lot of myself in both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but Pinkie Pie? She's just crazy. XD For the sake of being in a spot, put me under Fluttershy (By the way, BEST. POKER FACE. EVER!).
- Favorite Side Pony: A tie between Derpy Hooves and DJ Pon-3... Actually, Derpy edges out just a little bit. I love Derpy. <3
- About Me: Not gonna lie, I wasn't for this series at first. My Little Pony has always been one of those things I stayed away from. Rainbows and the color pink use to scare me (true story). It was only two months ago that I watched the first episode. Been a brony ever since. Brohoof anyone? /) As to me in general, I'm told that I'm a pretty chill dude. Aside from FiM, I also love the shows Adventure Time and Regular Show. (Seriously, those three are the best cartoon shows on television right now, and they're AWESOME!) I like several video games as well, but I still refuse to play the My Little Pony games. I don't want those to ruin my opinion on this show.
Okay. You'll be added to the member list, welcome to the club!
Old March 5th, 2012 (12:14 PM).
The fun shawl be doubled!

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TwiDragon Send a message via Skype™ to TwiDragon
Also, thought I'd bring this up to the club as a fun topic to talk about.

South Park's first episode of the new season (March 14) is called My Little Bronie. Should be fun to see.
Old March 5th, 2012 (12:29 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Whoa, I finished reading Past Sins, a truly incredible fanfic. I'm still reading Fallout: Equestria. As mature as that one is, I still highly recommend it.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old March 5th, 2012 (01:42 PM).
Hito-Shura is awesome

Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
Quote originally posted by TwiDragon:
Also, thought I'd bring this up to the club as a fun topic to talk about.

South Park's first episode of the new season (March 14) is called My Little Bronie. Should be fun to see.
You serious? Sweeeet... Watching it.
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old March 5th, 2012 (01:44 PM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Well, since I own a club like this on another forum I might as well join this one...

- Favorite Episode: Such a hard question on my part. Um... the Super Cider Squeezy 6000 I guess.... As for Season one: Party of One.

- Favorite Main Pony:
Rarity& Pinkie Pie.

- Favorite Side Pony:
Golden Harvest & Bon Bon.

- About Me:
When I fist saw MLP, (the first episode I saw was the Gilda episode.) I couldn't care less about it. But when I tried it a second time (the episode I watched was The Ticket Master) I fell in love with it. I was hiding this fact from everyone for a long time until I watched Season two. Now I can't deny my love for MLP anymore!

I'll try to be active in this club I might be busy and forget to post in here, but I'll try my best!
I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old March 5th, 2012 (03:45 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Yuki's Sword:
Well, since I own a club like this on another forum I might as well join this one...

- Favorite Episode: Such a hard question on my part. Um... the Super Cider Squeezy 6000 I guess.... As for Season one: Party of One.

- Favorite Main Pony:
Rarity& Pinkie Pie.

- Favorite Side Pony:
Golden Harvest & Bon Bon.

- About Me:
When I fist saw MLP, (the first episode I saw was the Gilda episode.) I couldn't care less about it. But when I tried it a second time (the episode I watched was The Ticket Master) I fell in love with it. I was hiding this fact from everyone for a long time until I watched Season two. Now I can't deny my love for MLP anymore!

I'll try to be active in this club I might be busy and forget to post in here, but I'll try my best!
Since you're a fan of two mane ponies, please decide between the two of them which group you want to be placed in.
Old March 6th, 2012 (12:08 AM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'm a little late, but here's what I thought on the last episode.

This episode was pretty good.It was basically Discorded Fluttershy returns, but I loved that. Poor Fluttershy being treated by Angel like that, sort of unexpected though, being that he is a bunny.Pinkie's role in this episode was well-played out, and I love her way of arguing. I'm glad Fluttershy realized that Pinke and Rarity's way of being assertive is better than what Iron Will was teaching her. Iron Will seemed to be a nice guy at the end, who knew. Fluttershy is my favorite pony so it was good to see her have the spotlight for once. Out of all the Fluttershy episodes this outdoes "Dragonshy" and “A Bird in the Hoof”.Not my favorite, but overall really good.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old March 6th, 2012 (11:59 AM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Quote originally posted by Sweet Candace:

Since you're a fan of two mane ponies, please decide between the two of them which group you want to be placed in.
Well, I do like Rarity better....

So... can you place me in the Rarity group, then? I apologize, Pinkie Pie.
I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old March 6th, 2012 (01:10 PM).
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Yuki's Sword:
Well, I do like Rarity better....

So... can you place me in the Rarity group, then? I apologize, Pinkie Pie.
All right, you will be placed into the Rarity usergroup. Hope you have fun in this club.
Old March 6th, 2012 (01:22 PM).
Pokémon Aureolin
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Spoiler:
Can I join? I watched the first episode, with pretty low expectations, and I'm hooked. I've watched all of the season 1 episodes, and I can't wait until season 2. Also, my favourite is Pinkie Pie (yes, I have read part of that fanfic, and she is still my favourite) and then Fluttershy. Pinkie Pie is so random and amazing. XD

So, does that mean I'm a brony? XD

EDIT: I just noticed there is a form.

- Favorite Episode: Probably the first episode, although they're all pretty awesome.
- Favorite Main Pony: Pinkie Pie!!!
- Favorite Side Pony: Apple Bloom is pretty amazing, so is Sweetie Belle (that pony can sing ). I also like Trollestia, especially after the tea trolling.
- About Me: Look above ^ I guess I'd better put a bit more here. Well, you might know me as a (bad ) pixel artist. I mostly watched MLP:FIM to see what the big hype was about, and, truth be told, I did think it was a kids show (OMG BUT UR ON A POKEMON FORUM???!!!!) I'm 16 and a boy, although you just have to look a bit up to see that. And I can't think of anything else, so yeah. Also, my favourite song from MLP so far is Art of the Dress by Rarity. I don't like fashion, dresses and Rarity isn't my favourite pony, but I just love it for some reason.
Awww. D: I joined a while back, but I wasn't put into a usergroup. If it's okay, could you just place me in the Pinkie Pie group? I was debating between Pinkie Pie and Rarity, but after Smile, Smile, Smile, it basically reconfirmed why I love Pinkie. Plus, I still find her hilarious. XD

Also, Fluttershy's cray-zay! XP
Old March 8th, 2012 (04:28 AM).

Quote:
- Favorite Side Pony: Golden Harvest & Bon Bon.
My Favorite Side Pony are Bon Bon too.

Quote:
This episode was pretty good.It was basically Discorded Fluttershy returns, but I loved that. Poor Fluttershy being treated by Angel like that, sort of unexpected though, being that he is a bunny.
Manly tears was shed

Sponsored Links