The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Raikiri
The Awakened
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
Take a look at some of your old SUs. Is there any recurring or overlapping traits that are prevalent in your characters? It could be a name you constantly use, or a certain consistent appearance they have, or a certain personality type? Perhaps something a bit more subtle?
I cannot find a particular theme/trait/aspect in most of my SUs, if only because I often try to mix up the qualities of my characters for the sake of variety. If anything, most of my characters are generally calm, sometimes witty or sarcastic, and more often than not oppose authority (with the exception of my character in Atlantis). I generally make my characters free spirits who are generally carefree and start from there. Then I try to see how it can be interpreted in different ways with the hopes that I can warp the character into something more. It is how I made my trio of characters: Isaac, Lyle and Raymond. Each character represents how free or independent thought can define an individual.

tl;dr: All my characters are male and most are relatively carefree. They are "happy" characters most of the time. Unless they are alcoholic.

EDIT: Woo! 800 posts. Only took me 4 years.

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old March 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post

Yet you loved the very dark, angryface Shun-man I made in *Foreigners. :P I suppose reading about characters you don't like to play as can still be just as entertaining, though~
That is absolutely right. I kind of envy those who can play darker or more silent characters well.

EDIT:
Quote:
Congratulations!

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old March 6th, 2012, 02:18 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:
Take a look at some of your old SUs. Is there any recurring or overlapping traits that are prevalent in your characters? It could be a name you constantly use, or a certain consistent appearance they have, or a certain personality type? Perhaps something a bit more subtle?
Remembering and reading mine, I tend to make characters that are amoral, and very few of them would run into a battle without even a slight strategy. (And "strategy" does not mean "bum rush the dude.")

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 6th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
That is absolutely right. I kind of envy those who can play darker or more silent characters well.
D'aww, I can feel the love. <3 ;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikiri View Post
xD

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh, I thinks me might hev question idea?

How do you generally create your characters? How many characters do you create?

i.e. thought process on making characters and how many characters do you have? Do you enjoy making multiple characters, a new one for each RP? Or do you stick with one character throughout? <- I liek that wording, so here's the question(s):

How do you generally create your characters? Do you enjoy making multiple characters, a new one for each roleplay? Or do you stick with one character throughout?
Old March 7th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
I only have 3 SUs, one for PMD: Red Rescue Team of Amidala, one for PMD: Explorers of the
Realms and one for my own RP, PMD: Darkness Lurking. They are all the same character, with just slight differences.
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:37 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
i make new ones! I generally randomize something for the personality though. I suck at it.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post

D'aww, I can feel the love. <3 ;3

xD

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh, I thinks me might hev question idea?

How do you generally create your characters? How many characters do you create?

i.e. thought process on making characters and how many characters do you have? Do you enjoy making multiple characters, a new one for each RP? Or do you stick with one character throughout? <- I liek that wording, so here's the question(s):

How do you generally create your characters? Do you enjoy making multiple characters, a new one for each roleplay? Or do you stick with one character throughout?
Weeeeeellll... generally it's a new one each time. I rarely stick to the same character (Though they may have same names). And usually I mix up stuff in the personality sections. I like having rather misfits in RPs, so my characters will often follow a rather different personality than what a character really should be playing that profession xD
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
Generally I scroll through my drawing book (which is a normal book in every sense of the word, lined paper and all) to find someone that fits into the RP's setting. I tend to doodle a lot in Math and English, so there're plenty to pick from. I use the drawing as a base to type out the Appearance, and by the time I'm done with that I'd probably have a pretty good idea for the Personality.

...Failing that, I jot down the character's key traits and go from there.

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

I usually make new characters, but by now I've made soooo many so I pick a little from old characters and make new ones from them. Or I re-use characters, actually, and just change a little like the history.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:10 AM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed

It depends on the Roleplay, actually. I haven't really been here long enough to re-use a lot of older SUs, but some I made I really liked, but never got the chance to use, so I sometimes use minor elements of them in my new one. Generally, I have a picture of the character I want to make for the SU as I read through the RP plot and such, with minor changes along the way. I ask myself: how would this guy fit into this, and would it work? If I like where it will go, I'll make the character, and sign up.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

I just realized that the RP "Years of lies" is soon turning 1 year old! I think it's the oldest active RP we have here, with PTA as the second.

Well done, having stayed active for so long!

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old March 7th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Wow, my RP was only just accepted and i only have one person But, great job on staying active for so long!
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
snowfire63
Beginning Trainer

hi im just wondering which rp people would be more interested in.

first one is a cross demensional rp, where all the video games worlds were combined by an evil force trying to rule them all

or

and pokemon digimon rp when the two worlds colloided and wiped out humans, now there are three factions, one wants poke mon to rule the other wants digimon and the third wants them to live in peace

what is your guy's thoughts on this and any additions to either rp would be nice

thank you

as for my charater creation i mainly stick with one charater for most of the rps and just change the history to fit the rp, sometimes i change his personality depending on what other people use
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
revlis
The Dream Walker
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest

I always find that most of my characters have bits and pieces of myself in it, the ones who I see as being stronger character based are the ones that have more of me in them. Aside from this, I went through phases, first was the Japanese phase where practically all my characters were Japanese, then there was the Russian phase, now, I think I'm onto the British phase, although Atlantis Arising has a multi-cultural line up of side characters. I use to make some pretty dark characters as well, but I never really quite got a hold on the whole "psychopathic" character, I try every once and a while, but often these characters are quite flawed when I RP them.

Also noted that most of my characters are never really "short" in height, and are mostly average to muscular build. Also, many seem to have some sort of eye disorder, colour blind, Heterochromia, glasses, etc.

I use to use practically the same character for almost every roleplay I was in, but now I like to create new characters for each new roleplay I enter, roleplaying as something different each time. I also find it helps to expand my character base, giving me a wider diversity of characters rather than sticking to one niche.
Old March 8th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky

All of the females are short and skinny. And most of the men are tall(ish) and skinny. I've only ever had one chubby character x:
There is one common thing about all my characters; they all play musical instruments, most commonly bass guitar.

I have my favourites that I've used more than once (Kerin, Oakley, Aki, Atom/Errick/Errol) but usually I create a new one. I used to keep track of them all. Now I don't. d:
Old March 8th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
Also noted that most of my characters are never really "short" in height, and are mostly average to muscular build. Also, many seem to have some sort of eye disorder, colour blind, Heterochromia, glasses, etc.
That reminds me . . . lol, all my characters seem to be rather tall, skinny/sometimes a bit more muscular, though usually not, and Caucasian. dat's so racist
But I don't know about RPing a fat person, or a black person. Mostly the fat person, not so much the black one. NOT TO BE MEAN OR ANYTHING. It's just, that I . . . just don't think I could/should/would. xD

As for how I create my characters . . . I tend to always go for something a little bit different, although all my characters end up related in some way (both in traits and actual relationships) and I have A LOT of characters. I do reuse my main ones, and I have so many that I haven't used yet. It's crazy man, IT'S CRAZY.
As for how I actually make them? I don't know what runs through my head every time, but I know one time when I helped . . . I believe it was SkyIsUmbreon, come over writer's block to make a character, I told him to basically take a stereotype and bend it to his will. I tend to do that. I also garner inspiration from people around me, or on TV, in books, or whatever. IT'S ALL SO COMPLICATED.
Old March 9th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
I do base a lot of my characters off different people; Oakley is basically my best friend and my favourite character put together, Errol/Atom/Errick is basically my two best male friends put together, Kerin is basically Rin Okumura and Aki is... I don't know who he is lol.
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:30 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'd just like to throw it out that not having chubby characters is nooot really a pattern. Mainly because most body types qualify as "skinny" and only a couple qualify as "chubby".

Skin and Bones, Underweight, Normal, Athletic, Overweight, Obese

That's in order from lowest to highest weight, though athletic can often overlap overweight body builds in terms of weight at first.
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Nakuzami
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
I'd just like to throw it out that not having chubby characters is nooot really a pattern. Mainly because most body types qualify as "skinny" and only a couple qualify as "chubby".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post

Skin and Bones, Underweight, Normal, Athletic, Overweight, Obese

That's in order from lowest to highest weight, though athletic can often overlap overweight body builds in terms of weight at first.

Well, yes, but when I said that I was basically saying that all my characters are like . . . really skinny. They don't come close to being chubby, and not athletic a lot of the time either. A lot of them are girls, though . . . xD
They also all lay in the 12-20 age range. I think.

I have . . . so many characters. I need to somehow find them all and compile a huge list. I HAVE SO MANY. Especially if you include NPCs. :x

Old March 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I'd like to bring up a new topic.

Who would your favorite RP character be? It doesn't have to be your own.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Just a simple answer: Snype from PMD: Red Rescue Team of Amidala
Old March 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
OK, so I'm in the process of making a Medieval RP with a Co-GM. We were wondering ahead of time if we should make this a all human RP, or add in mythical races as well for people to use? Either way, we're sure there will still be magic, and all the other good stuff, but we're not sure if people would prefer an all-human medieval RP, or one with mythical races as well. We can also have it a bit of both, where mythical races are in it, but non-usable by the RPers, or we can have it that there are non at all.

Which would you prefer? Feedback and interest would be appreciated. This isn't something that would come out too soon, however, but rather closer to the summer.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old March 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
shinysweety
In it to win it! :D

@ Supervegeta: Personal, i'v always preferred RP's with different races than Humans. It makes the RP more fun, and a more fun character to play to. Plus if it would be set in the Medieval Times, then different races would be perfect and make the story line gr8.

Who would your favorite RP character be? It doesn't have to be your own.

Well.... That's a hard decision, but I would say maybe.... Yaibe, played by Shiny Diamond in PMD Rescue Team of Amidala.

Click 'n' Hover~
Wonderful Pair~

Blog~

PC Family~

My Profile~

Theme~
Old March 10th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Danger Zone
All Men Must Die.

Nature: Calm
Quote:
OK, so I'm in the process of making a Medieval RP with a Co-GM. We were wondering ahead of time if we should make this a all human RP, or add in mythical races as well for people to use? Either way, we're sure there will still be magic, and all the other good stuff, but we're not sure if people would prefer an all-human medieval RP, or one with mythical races as well. We can also have it a bit of both, where mythical races are in it, but non-usable by the RPers, or we can have it that there are non at all.

Which would you prefer? Feedback and interest would be appreciated. This isn't something that would come out too soon, however, but rather closer to the summer.
lol but I'm like already making one :(

I have already said this before, an all human medieval RP would be good. Elves and dwarves are overused and cliched now, imo.
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Well, not all fantasy settings have to have dwarfs and elves. There are many races that you can choose from SV. Personally I like RPs that lets the player have a say in race so in my opinion go with different races. Most fantasy settings I know of have Lizardmen, Drow, Fairies, Nymphs, Griffons, Dragons, Beast men, kobolds, etc.

... yeah, I play a lot of D&D. But still, if you allow players the option of choosing a different race it just give them the ability to make a more unique character. I've always found it a bit weird that most D&D parties are all humans, or all elves, or just stick to the main races. In that diverse a world I would expect at least one of the players to choose a non standard race. My first DM actually encouraged us to choose different races since it would actually change things up from the standard Every hero was a human, is a human, and will always be a human.

Sponsored Links