The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?
Yes 10 71.43%
No 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero

Advertise here
*reciprocates the brohoof*

I'd like to see what you have up your sleeve, too. I haven't seen much of your work, despite your apparent fame. *So uneducated T_T*

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
@Game Over1375 and @TornZero Both of you have expressed a very serious interest in taking the K-C position so if the vote does pass then I want to see both of you at your best. That's right, we're having... A SU-OFF! If the vote passes I'll see who has the best SU for Knight-Commander and accept that person. That means you two had better make really unique SUs!
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
*cracks knuckles* Pardon me, but oh HEEEEEELL yeah! I can't wait!

TornZero, I'm really not that famous. There are other roleplayers around here much better than me. Supervegeta and Skymin come to mind. I just love roleplaying and hanging with people. Although I have no idea who you are (or what you're capable of), I look forward to seeing what you got. That SU of Ken Bala is pretty boss.
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM
TornZero

This. Is gonna be awesome.

Thanks, Game, and I love the balanced-out Aggron you got; it's definitely something I haven't seen before.

I'm really gonna try seeing how much I can push a few things with this one, though.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old March 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Alright everyone I put up a SU list at the beginning of the thread. If I'm missing anyone or accidentally didn't copy over a part of your SU please tell me, other than that I hope this will help everyone not having to comb through the thread to double check a name and what not once we start.
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:30 PM
TornZero

Welp, I'm done with mine after minor revisions, so it's ready for the SU-off. I think miltankRancher might like the personality section a bit.

Last edited by TornZero; March 6th, 2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old March 6th, 2012, 10:58 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
oh please, call me mR. my name's too long. and what shall I be please off?

wait wait. i was just gone for a day, and I missed a lot.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 6th, 2012, 11:03 PM
TornZero

Oh, it's nothing, it's nothing.~

And okay, mR it is! You missed out on the announcement of an SU-off between Game and me for the second Knight-Commander spot.

Old March 6th, 2012, 11:12 PM
miltankRancher

i see. yeah, i've read back. i thought you edited a few from Ken Bala's personality.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Alright I've gotten five yes votes in so without further ado, Game Over1375, TornZero, post your SUs. It doesn't matter who is first, I'll judge both and see which is better.

@Everyone Since I got five yes votes you all can make a character on the opposing side if you wish. Like they say, the customer is always right.
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
miltankRancher

good luck to the two of you!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 7th, 2012, 09:30 AM
TornZero

Here's mine.

Spoiler:
Name: Alice

Pokémon Species: Absol

Job Title: Knight-Commander

Appearance: Alice does her best to look good, even in battle. She makes sure her white-as-snow fur has a faint luster to it every morning, and her eyes are actually a light blue, unlike many other Absol. She wears no helmet or breastplate, but just two pairs of jointed iron greaves. Each one has the Knights' oran symbol just above the knee, and Alice's Gem of Knighthood rests embedded in the front left oran berry. In the Council cities, she wears her retired father's gem around her neck.

Personality: She's an average-looking Absol by any other name, but she'd get the urge to quietly slit your throat if you said it in front of her (and resist it, of course). She can be modest and compliment others on their accomplishments, but being simply "average" is a grave insult to her. She works hard on her appearance, armor included, and prides herself on her efforts, as well as her skill and grace in battle. Alice doesn't really try to look good for anyone in particular (or at least she says so), she just doesn't want to seem unrefined or mixed up with another Absol.

Among the Knights, Alice is extremely analytical (as in she'll even talk in percentages, which has been pointed out by others and herself before), but has no qualms with killing an enemy or traitor regardless of their motives. She usually fights with quick movements and relentless attacks once she has a strategy, using everything to her advantage, even her armor as an unconventional weapon. If she has no idea about her opponent, Alice will be more cautious, using her attacks to defend herself and refraining from using Mean Look if she's unsure of the outcome. She fully obeys the Council with faith that their choices will benefit everyone, and praying to Arceus and Ho-oh at the end of every day.

She does, however, silently question the Council's hatred of human technology, thinking of ways it could help Pokémon instead of hurt anyone. In spite of these thoughts, she thinks of the Mechanists as little more than organized savages, unable to put the technology to its full potential. Alice continues trying to prove herself worthy of being a Council member, where she can actually have some influence.

History: Alice is a purebred Absol from Tanyun, or at least she likes to think she's a purebred since both of her parents, Kyle (a now-retired Knight-Commander) and Celeste are the same species. (Her father's line contains both an Umbreon and Samurott.) Her father began training her the moment he had the chance, ingraining the Knights' Code of Honor into Alice's brain alongside basic fighting techniques before she could run without tripping over herself. Kyle didn't want anything less than Alice's full dedication to the Knights of the Oran, and while that's what he seems to have gotten with his daughter's disgust of how the Mechanists used human invention, Alice was actually intrigued by the idea of it. Not like she'd ever admit it, knowing she'd get branded treasonous. Many of her questions went forever unanswered, too, such as why the Council hated human technology so much, unless there was an extremely long and boring explanation that usually trailed into "We must destroy the machines and purify the world!" She almost fell asleep for at least two of them.

She was consistently set out amongst others no matter where she went, not only by choice but by the fact that she was the Disaster Pokémon. People were afraid that Alice, being born of two Absols and apparently even more dangerous because of it, could bring about the destruction of a Council city. This pushed her to showing her skill as a Knight after she turned fifteen, putting her father's lessons to good use. In downtimes, she even studied the less-classified information the Mechanist Spies obtained (using her father's rank to get access to a few more reports than what regular Knights could). This only got Alice more curious about using human technology, and she learned how to both operate and quickly dismantle a basic Boom Stick. (Of course, there were no warnings about their operation.) She also started getting more aware of the Mechanists' use of pellets and other weapons.

She spent six years increasing her knowledge of Mechanist weapons, and used this knowledge to her advantage in battle from disabling and destroying active flamethrowers to rebounding pellets and shock guns. This, later combined with the superstition and special predictive powers of her species, and her father's affiliation with the Knights, caught the attention of Maverick Renos. Meanwhile, Alice really aspired to be a spy, wanting to learn first-hand about Mechanist devices and how the Mechanists use them with so many different Pokémon body types, but her application was shot down. (First off, she's a woman. Despite Matthew's efforts, that still ain't goin' through. Second... actually, why would you need more reason than that? *shot*)

About a year ago, when Alice was 22 and Maverick did a little digging, the latter approached Alice with an offer to take up an available place as a Knight-Commander. Leading the Knights into battle at the head of the pack would instill fear in any superstitious Mechanist, and Maverick expected her to match and surpass her father's prowess. Her apparent spy-grade expertise with the Mechanists' equipment from the years of studying only served to further Maverick's reasoning, so Alice could ensure that fewer Knights fell to the god-defying weapons. The Grovyle hasn't seemed to regret the decision, and Alice has even taken a recent interest in a Mienshao of the same rank.

Moveset: Psycho Cut; Night Slash; Mean Look; Megahorn

Old March 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Oh now, that was a pretty darned good Knight-Commander SU, with a perfectly valid reason for why a woman would be a Commander! Very nice, Zero :3
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

I am very impressed TornZero. Very. *brohoof*

Without further ado, here's my SU.

Spoiler:
Name: Famidus "The Demon" Verruck

Pokemon Species: Darmanitan

Newborn or Entrenched Mechanists: N/A

Job Title: Knight-Commander

Appearance: He appears to be your average Darmanitan, except his arms are a little more thicker, thanks to his experience in many battles. He has this crazed look in his eyes at all times, and he is always (and I do mean ALWAYS) smiling. Other than that, he is perfectly normal... MOVING ON!

His armor covers his whole body and is made of a heat-proof metal. It is entirely black with purple pauldrons on the shoulders. His Gem of Knighthood can be see on his breastplate right above the Oran symbol, and around his neck when not wearing armor. On his helmet is two horns curving up. The ends on each horn are indeed sharp, and they are not there just for appearances. When using moves such as Flare Blitz and Overheat, fire can be seen escaping the various openings. Add all of these factors in, and you see why Famidus is known as "The Demon" among the knights.

Personality: Famidus is a maniacal, short-tempered, flamboyant, destructive, and cruel individual. He is a completely insane psychopath with no regard for life or remorse for any atrocities that he commits. On the contrary, he, in fact, finds amusement in the suffering and death of others. He tends to crack dark jokes at times, also sometimes breaking out into hysterical laughter upon causing death, destruction, and mayhem, and possesses a hatred of virtually everything in the world. Despite all that though, he does show loyalty to the Council and his superiors, as well as the Mienshao of the same rank. Those he considers lower than himself (which is everyone else) are what he calls his "toys." He doesn't say much on the war, but he did once say that it was "the perfect time to play" for him.

Although he is crazy, Famidus has shown that he is also a brilliant strategist, tactician, and commander. He often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than simply using brute force. For those thinking that he's probably a slouch one-on-one, you might want to rethink that. Famidus is an incredibly strong Pokemon who can lift a Snorlax easily. Still wondering why he's called The Demon?

History: Famidus Verruck was born to both a Darmanitan father and mother. His father was a Knight of the Oran, while his mother was a blacksmith who usually makes the armor for the knights. Almost immediately, Famidus' father put his son through rigorous training and studying, not giving his son much time for anything else unfortunately. When Famidus didn't want to study or train, he would be punished by battling his father, something no child should have to do. All of that happened with his mother agreeing that Famidus HAD to become a Knight and honor his family. Over time, this had a considerable impact on Famidus' mind, and it wasn't for the better. He would often be seen rocking in a corner, crying and laughing.

When he became a trainee at the age of ten, he and his father went to Swine for even more vigorous training and studying. For five more years, the little Darumaka said nothing, showing no emotion. That is, until he evolved into a Darmanitan. When that happened, his trademark smile and crazy eyes became known. When he evolved, his father took him to the woods to celebrate. A hour later, Famidus walked out of the woods, covered in blood. Whenever he is asked what happened, Famidus would always say that he and his father were "playing" until a boulder fell down on top of the former knight. No one has questioned this at all. Why should they? Rocks fall all the time.

Soon after, Famidus became a Knight of the Oran, just like his father. Almost immediately, he made an impact, showing no remorse at all for absolutely destroying his enemies, be it with his fellow soldiers or by himself. He would also advise whoever was leading the mission at the time, showing his ability as a tactician. It didn't take long for him to garner a reputation on both sides of the war, and he soon became known as "The Demon." Famidus, with his dark sense of humor and love for theatrics, loved the nickname he earned. He showed that love by simply killing more Mechanists in the next battles he was apart of.

At the age of twenty-five, due to his success on the battlefield, Famidus was promoted to Knight-Commander. For these three years, he has been providing fear for both the Mechanists and the Knights unfortunate enough to be under his command. He has loved "playing" in the war, and truth be told, he secretly hopes it never stops. If it did, he wouldn't know what to do!

Moveset: Overheat, Superpower, Taunt, Flare Blitz

Took a little longer than I like to put it up. What do you all think?

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.

Last edited by Game Over1375; March 7th, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

....Oh f**k, this is going to be harder than I thought. Both of these are really good. I mean it. Both have great reasons why they would be a Knight-Commander even though otherwise you wouldn't normally see that kind of pokemon being promoted to a Knight-Commander. Okay, I'll talk it over with Bastian and together we'll decide who gets the spot. The runner up can still have their character join, all they will have to do is tweak their SU a bit.
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Oh wow... Good luck with that Greigor. I'm happy I'm not in your shoes. I, for one, am proud of my SU, so it delights me that you think it's that damn good.

@TornZero: First, thanks for your compliment on Alexander. I wanted to try something a little different with an Aggron. Btw, I wasn't just being a good sport when I said I was impressed with your SU for Alice the Absol. I really am. Mighty fine writing. Why have I not seen you around before/ don't remember you?! *not trying to sound like a jerk* I feel intimidated as a roleplayer! That's okay though. A little intimidation can do lots when it comes to the quality of roleplaying posts.

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
TornZero

@Game, I have to say I'm loving your style. I wouldn't even think of a Darmanitan having mad scientist qualities. (I'd have left that to an Alakazam, though that could probably be just as interesting.)

I hope Greiger somehow consents to having THREE Knight-Commanders (blasphemy!); it would be awesome to work with The Demon.

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Weeeeell... Famidus isn't going to be much of a mad scientist. He's going to be a bit like Kefka. He'll like to break stuff. XD

It would be awesome if he did, wouldn't it? XD

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:42 PM
miltankRancher

I like both characters! *sobs* I think having three would be awesome.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Alight... this is it. The big decision. I have spent the night both studying and re-reading the SUs. Both are extremely good but still a decision has to be made. The winner is... *reads TornZero's comment*... yes it would be nice for both to be accepted but when I started this I made a commitment to... *reads Game Over1375's comment*... well *start to sweat* it would be 'awesome' if I did, but still I need to put my foot... *reads miltankRancher's comment*... I-I... It's not fair! *Starts crying* That's it, someone else had to do this. I quit! Both of you worked so hard on these and you want to really have the spot and I just can't! Damn you crying Swampert!

???: Well, then let me decide.

Greiger: What the...

A grovyle covered in white armor with an oran berry on the front enters the room

Geiger: Maverick Renos? No... you can't be here. You haven't been introduced to anyone yet!

Maverick: *chuckles* But you already have a script ready for me, and besides you need some help in making the right choice.

G: Uh, no. I just need to calm down a bit and I can then choose one of them to...

M: You need to get off the keyboard and let me type. I know exactly who I want as a Knight-Commander.

G: Really? Well... you are the head Knight so alright, I'll let you decide which will mean I am, in no way, responsible for one person losing.

M:*Cracks knuckles and begins typing* Well, both have extremely good SUs and it's obvious that they poured their heart and soul, or at least a part of it, into these SUs so I accept both of them.

G: WHAT! You can do that! I started this with firm understanding that only two people would get the spot! You just can't undo that agreement I made with the RPers!

M: Oh the others will understand I assure you. They are fine roleplayers and they can understand why you would accept both of them. Just look at those SUs! Fine craftsmanship I would have to say.

G:*stares at the grovyle with an open mouth* No! Get off that computer! Don't make me have to fight you for it!

M:*sighs* How many years of combat training have you had?

G:... none.

M: And how many fighting techniques have you been taught?

G:...none.

M: And how many enemies have you felled in battle?

G: Okay, I get it. Still I can't go back on my promise! I'm going to have a riot on my hands. There are going to be so many people who are going to shout me down! There's no way they'll be okay with this!

M: Oh, you doubt them too much. Just post it and be on you way. You are the GM. Your word is law didn't you say on your first post?

G: That doesn't mean I can change the rules whenever I want! That would make me a dictator!

M: Well, you've done good so far and I highly doubt you would accept someone who didn't deserve it. Besides I like this TornZero... uh... guy... girl... why doesn't he... or she have the gender filled in? Anyway TornZero's Absol has had to work through blood, sweat, and tears to get this position, not only that TornZero guessed my personality before you even wrote it out. That makes hi... TornZero's SU believable to be picked and I just like the sound of the Darmanitan that Game Over guy made, sure he's cooky but he's also a powerful weapon the Council would invest in.

G: D-dammit! You're right. Fine, both are accepted, but just this once. *Grumbles in the corner*.

M:Well, there you have it folks. Both Alice and Famidus "The Demon" Verruck are accepted. I look forward to working with the both of you once we start, but still, you two owe me one. It wasn't easy talking this guy down.

G: Oh, I'm going to find someway in the RP to make you pay for this Maverick!

M:*chuckles* Of course you will.

Okay everyone like I said both are accepted. Yeah, I argued with Maverick a lot over this decision and I also consulted Bastian before this decision. Still, it doesn't help when a Grovyle can easily overpower you and take the computer away whenever he wants. If anyone is not cool with this decision please tell me. I don't want this to be unfair to anyone. I mean that. I just thought that both had made really good characters for the position. Again, if anyone finds this unfair please tell me! I don't want anyone to think I'm unfair.

Apart from that I was hoping to post the thread in the RP Corner by this weekend so for those with reservations still I need your SUs in quick!

Last edited by Greiger; March 8th, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

I know fully well how tough it is to get your point through when there's someone standing in your way like that. I would've helped you, Grei, but...

Caedmon: He fell down some stairs.

... I fell down some stairs ;_;

Please don't hurt me ._.

Really though, this was such a tough deicision and the SUs were -brilliant-. If Grei hadn't suggested me we should choose you both, I would've suggested it myself. And as he said, if anyone's unhappy with this turn of events, feel free to bring it up to us, or even in here, and we'll sort things out. (Which does -not- mean we'll be killing you off to silence your insolence, don't worry :3)
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Saturated Hue
acrobatic effing pirouette.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Saturated Hue
Congrats! I'm happy for both of you. :3

Old March 8th, 2012, 09:03 AM
miltankRancher

Weeh! Congrats my fellow KC's!

@greiger: I know full well why Caedmon and Sir Bastian is out. Let's say they took off to the woods because of some reports and are currently in the middle of a heated battle.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:27 PM
TornZero

Awesome! Thanks Greiger and Maverick! *brohoof for Game*

I think Bastian and Caedmon act like a married couple... and Caedmon's the husband.

Old March 8th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

*accepts brohoof from TornZero* Thanks playa. Congrats are in order for the both of us. ^.^

Greiger, Maverick, and Bastian, thank you for accepting both TornZero's character and mine. I can say that I am most grateful.

Torn, I agree with you on Bastian and Caedmon. XD

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here