The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:16 AM
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
What do you mean by above and below? This is confusing.
And I do spam A to get to the Continue screen, but sometimes I just touch. I guess that's the problem. I have to stick to one type of getting into the game.
What he means is this
if your target delay is 677 for example, by putting delays +10 -10, the RNG reporter will show you the possible range of delays you may hit from 677 - 10 to 677 + 10. This also applies to second. That's why we suggest you to put the second as seconds +0 -0 so that you do not have to worry about the second, just delays. Hope this make sense to you.
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't have time to lay out the challenge RNG in a fancy way, but I finally got round to doing it \o/ I RNGed Floony! <3 Capture RNG on Route 13 (I think... idr Unova) and it was a shiny female with 31/x/30/31/30/31 and Unburden. Not perfect, but it'll do me. Floony has been an extremely special Pokemon to me as anyone that knows me well will know, so yeah - can't wait for next time! As for future topics, I'd quite like one dedicated to cute Pokemon... I'm a big fan ;]
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I don't have time to lay out the challenge RNG in a fancy way, but I finally got round to doing it \o/ I RNGed Floony! <3 Capture RNG on Route 13 (I think... idr Unova) and it was a shiny female with 31/x/30/31/30/31 and Unburden. Not perfect, but it'll do me. Floony has been an extremely special Pokemon to me as anyone that knows me well will know, so yeah - can't wait for next time! As for future topics, I'd quite like one dedicated to cute Pokemon... I'm a big fan ;]
Very nice Floony! I updated the original post with your accomplishment.

Remember everyone, the challenge ends tonight at 11:59 PM EST so make sure you get your submissions in!
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:29 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
How have I only just heard about this!?!?!?!? Well Mac I guess you beat me to it and created this place. I'd love to join!

My latest abuse (kinda)

Platinum
OT: George
ID: 27227

I was gonna abuse this but my taught my friend to do it instead however I will probably RNG'ing most of the pokes.

EDIT:
Challenge complete!
I've RNG'd this guy because I love Tentacruel and it was my 1st successful IV breed back in the days before RNG'ing =')

Tentacool ♂ Lv.23
OT: George | ID: 17771
Timid | Liquid Ooze
31, 12, 31, 31, 31, 31
Acid, Toxic Spikes, BubbleBeam, Wrap
Valley Windworks | Fully Redis

Last edited by greg0915; March 7th, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Feralize

Okay, I'm attempting to RNG my Id's again. I've hit my target delay fairly consistently, but I'm not getting the ID/SID combo I want.

What I did:
Started the first timer when I set the time.
Hit A to enter the game when my first timer went off.
Went through the opening of the game, entered my name, etc.
Hit A to dismiss the TV screen when my second timer went off, thus hitting my target delay (6524).

I was aiming for ID 63372 SID 10001 (makes two flawless spreads shiny!)
I got ID 28818 SID 45729 (doesn't work :/)

Any ideas?
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:50 PM
johnny18
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
Okay, I'm attempting to RNG my Id's again. I've hit my target delay fairly consistently, but I'm not getting the ID/SID combo I want.

What I did:
Started the first timer when I set the time.
Hit A to enter the game when my first timer went off.
Went through the opening of the game, entered my name, etc.
Hit A to dismiss the TV screen when my second timer went off, thus hitting my target delay (6524).

I was aiming for ID 63372 SID 10001 (makes two flawless spreads shiny!)
I got ID 28818 SID 45729 (doesn't work :/)

Any ideas?
open your RNG reporter and look on the right hand. There should be a title "Seed Finder" to it. Put the day, month, year, hour, minute of the ID that you are trying to hit. The min/max delay area is min/max delay that you originally put on the place with the title "Shiny PID." On the "Trainer ID Obtained" box, put the ID that you get which is 28818. I wonder though, how do you know that you hit your delay?
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Feralize

When I put my obtained ID into the right side of Pandora's Box, it says that I hit my delay even though I got the wrong ID.
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:58 PM
johnny18
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralize View Post
When I put my obtained ID into the right side of Pandora's Box, it says that I hit my delay even though I got the wrong ID.
look at the second you hit, it may be the cause. Sometimes RNG reporter gives me two seed, both with the same delay but different second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0915 View Post
How have I only just heard about this!?!?!?!? Well Mac I guess you beat me to it and created this place. I'd love to join!

My latest abuse (kinda)

Platinum
OT: George
ID: 27227

I was gonna abuse this but my taught my friend to do it instead however I will probably RNG'ing most of the pokes.

EDIT:
Challenge complete!
I've RNG'd this guy because I love Tentacruel and it was my 1st successful IV breed back in the days before RNG'ing =')

Tentacool ♂ Lv.23
Timid | Liquid Ooze
31, 12, 31, 31, 31, 31
Acid, Toxic Spikes, BubbleBeam, Wrap
Valley Windworks | Fully Redis
How dare you to RNG his awesome mon before I do JK :D

Last edited by johnny18; March 7th, 2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM
loucas
100% hot

Nature: Timid
My Entry

mac said i should join this Club

so i Proudly Present

Frillish
OT:Alexia ID:30012
Lv.21
Nature: Modest Ability: Water Absorb
on a Heal Ball
Driftveil City
somewhat vain

30/14/31/30/31/31 HP FIRE 70

i wanted a frillish coz it's like on of the cutest critter in GEN V
now where can i find a sprite for her?

alas, it works.

thanks a lot MAC

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476

Last edited by loucas; March 7th, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loucas View Post
My Entry

mac said i should join this Club

so i Proudly Present

Frillish
Lv.21
MODEST
on a Heal Ball
Driftveil City
somewhat vain

30/14/31/30/31/31 HP FIRE 70

now where can i find a sprite for her?
Congratulations! I'll add you to the list of folks that have completed the challenge. I answered you on IRC but others might be interested so...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html

That's a good place to get sprites. :3
Old March 7th, 2012, 07:59 PM
何贤豪

Ah, now I get it. Thanks! I'll be back with my newest project!
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Ah, now I get it. Thanks! I'll be back with my newest project!
Woo! Great news -- good luck with your RNG and I can't wait to see it.
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM
何贤豪

Does anyone know how to RNG abuse wild Pokemon for HGSS? Because I'm in a mixed-up situation... Instead of getting what I wanted, I got a Psyduck...it's because the Psyduck's female. So now, I have to get a Ditto. Well, if I'm going to be breeding a (Shiny) Flawless Pokemon, a Ditto can help! It can breed with any Pokemon! And also...does anyone think that most RNG abusers also RNG abuse their ID and SID?
Thanks!
Oh, and for the Ditto, here's the spreads I can use. I found these spreads by using PokeRNG:

Search for: HP: >= 31, Atk: >= 31, Def: >= 31, SpA: >= 31, SpD: >= 31, Spe: >= 31, Min. delay: 478, Max. delay: 638, Year: 2012, Encounter Slots (Method K): Land 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11 (without synch)
PID: E9375A48 (Calm, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: 5D000242, delay: 566 (year: 2012), method 1: 163, K (synch): 10, K (no synch): 48, HP: Dark 70
PID: 6937DA48 (Modest, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: DD000242, delay: 566 (year: 2012), method 1: 163, K (synch): 22, K (no synch): 40, HP: Dark 70

Last edited by 何贤豪; March 7th, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:09 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Quote:
Does anyone know how to RNG abuse wild Pokemon for HGSS? Because I'm in a mixed-up situation... Instead of getting what I wanted, I got a Psyduck...it's because the Psyduck's female. So now, I have to get a Ditto. Well, if I'm going to be breeding a (Shiny) Flawless Pokemon, a Ditto can help! It can breed with any Pokemon! And also...does anyone think that most RNG abusers also RNG abuse their ID and SID?
Thanks!
Oh, and for the Ditto, here's the spreads I can use. I found these spreads by using PokeRNG:

Search for: HP: >= 31, Atk: >= 31, Def: >= 31, SpA: >= 31, SpD: >= 31, Spe: >= 31, Min. delay: 478, Max. delay: 638, Year: 2012, Encounter Slots (Method K): Land 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 11 (without synch)
PID: E9375A48 (Calm, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: 5D000242, delay: 566 (year: 2012), method 1: 163, K (synch): 10, K (no synch): 48, HP: Dark 70
PID: 6937DA48 (Modest, ability 0), IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31, seed: DD000242, delay: 566 (year: 2012), method 1: 163, K (synch): 22, K (no synch): 40, HP: Dark 70
Although I haven't RNG'd on HG yet however A lot of RNG abusers do RNG their ID/SID for two reasons.

1. To obtain certain high IV shiny capture seeds (4 Gen mainly)

2. To obtain a desired ID/SID combo
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
johnny18
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks!

If you RNG in HGSS, you need to RNG when you are riding your bike. Do not let a pokemon following you when you RNG wild pokemon as it will mess up your frame. Also, when you use Sweet Scent, the frame advances about 1 to 3 depending on each game so you will have to hit your delay first, advances the frame, catch the pokemon and determine which frame you end up with.
For example, I ride my bike and go to area where I can catch a wild pokemon. I save the game and find the seed that I want to use. My target frame is 45. I hit my delay, advance the frame, catch the pokemon and I find out that my frame is 47 instead of 45. I know that my frame will advance 2 frames each time I use the sweet scent. I reset and do all the step again but this time I will advance 43 frames instead of 45 and bang, I get the pokemon I want.
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:15 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Due to a series of unforeseen incidents, I may not be able to RNG anything for the next little while. I may or may not be able to complete the next challenge.
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:36 AM
何贤豪

Okay then. But do 5th Gen RNG abusers also RNG their ID and SID? If that's so, maybe I'll do the same with B2/W2. And still...can someone help me with my Ditto problem? Thanks!
Oh yeah, I'm also planning to RNG abuse the Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Deoxys. Can someone tell me how would you make RNG abusing a Wonder Card Pokemon work? (I'm a full novice on the whole IV RNG thing, I have only RNG abused for shininess and sometimes it won't work anyway)
And also...okay, thanks for that johnny18 but if I were to find out my Sweet Scent frame advance by your example, still...how would you find out that you're in frame 47? And not only that, you'd advance your frames by any kind of way that's possible and consistent (maybe by calling Prof. Elm/Joey), right? And you'd also have to do 10 Prof. Elm calls after changing the system's time and date (if required) and also after waiting a minute to find out what seed you're in, right? And also...how would this RNG abuse actually work? (What are the steps?)

Last edited by 何贤豪; March 8th, 2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:59 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Quote:
Okay then. But do 5th Gen RNG abusers also RNG their ID and SID? If that's so, maybe I'll do the same with B2/W2. And still...can someone help me with my Ditto problem? Thanks!
Oh yeah, I'm also planning to RNG abuse the Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs Deoxys. Can someone tell me how would you make RNG abusing a Wonder Card Pokemon work? (I'm a full novice on the whole IV RNG thing, I have only RNG abused for shininess and sometimes it won't work anyway)
Yes, 5th Gen abusers do but there is less need to because high IV shiny seeds are obtainable anyway. But if you were looking for a specific spread or wanted to RNG your starter then you would have to abuse your ID/SID.

My first Honey Tree abuse!

Wurmple ♀ Lv.11
Timid | Shield Dust
31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting
Floaroma Meadow | Fully Redis
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
Very nice Floony! I updated the original post with your accomplishment.
Floony is a Drifblim, not Drifloon x] But thanks!

I tried fishing RNG today on Black and it's not working at all for me... Any tips? I want my Staryu! It just keeps saying nothing is biting at the rod. I also did another capture today on a Sandslash :3 31/31/31/15/31/31 and male so I was pretty happy with it; now named Chilli! Not shiny though, couldn't be bothered with that today. x]
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Challenge #2: Prepare for Trouble! RNG a Pokemon used by Team Rocket!
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:35 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

Floony is a Drifblim, not Drifloon x] But thanks!

I tried fishing RNG today on Black and it's not working at all for me... Any tips? I want my Staryu! It just keeps saying nothing is biting at the rod. I also did another capture today on a Sandslash :3 31/31/31/15/31/31 and male so I was pretty happy with it; now named Chilli! Not shiny though, couldn't be bothered with that today. x]
I find that when fishing, if you don't get a bite then move off of the square that your on. e.g. move 2 spaces Up

It works for me

Last edited by greg0915; March 8th, 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:05 AM
RingoH

Awsome! Cause I want a Shiny Meowth anyway.... Although I might go for a different one [Maybe a Porygon...].

I failed at the first challenge because I was attempting to do my first wild encounter, although I was doing this in the trophy garden [in Diamond] so I didn't have wandering NPC's to deal with. I'm a little confused about encounter slots, I looked at the list for Diamond on eggmove.com but can not find Porygon in the trophy garden. How do the special Pokemon that the butler stocks the garden with get listed when trying to calculate frames? I really wanted a Porygon [part of why I'm thinking the team rocket challenge may be a Porygon].

I reset until Mr.Backlot said their was a porygon, then I walked into the garden and saved. I had a lead Pokemon at Level 18, and a pokemon with sweet scent. I also had repels so that I could walk in the grass to advance my frame. I ended up with an encounter slot with Roselia iinstead of my Porygon I had hoped for. [Did all my frame advances correctly, the nature/IV's and shiny that I was aiming for]. What do I do next time to ensure I get the species I am looking for? I understand that a given frame will always give the same species, I just need to know in the trophy garden who can I garentee this for next time?
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
I find that when fishing, if you don't get a bite then move off of the square that your on. e.g. move 2 spaces Up

It works for me ^_^
Alright, I'll try that - thanks! As for the new challenge, I'm certainly RNGing a Koffing/Wheezing. It shall be non-shiny and be the perfect replica of James' <3 My favourite Pokemon from that serious!
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
Awsome! Cause I want a Shiny Meowth anyway.... Although I might go for a different one [Maybe a Porygon...].

I failed at the first challenge because I was attempting to do my first wild encounter, although I was doing this in the trophy garden [in Diamond] so I didn't have wandering NPC's to deal with. I'm a little confused about encounter slots, I looked at the list for Diamond on eggmove.com but can not find Porygon in the trophy garden. How do the special Pokemon that the butler stocks the garden with get listed when trying to calculate frames? I really wanted a Porygon [part of why I'm thinking the team rocket challenge may be a Porygon].

I reset until Mr.Backlot said their was a porygon, then I walked into the garden and saved. I had a lead Pokemon at Level 18, and a pokemon with sweet scent. I also had repels so that I could walk in the grass to advance my frame. I ended up with an encounter slot with Roselia iinstead of my Porygon I had hoped for. [Did all my frame advances correctly, the nature/IV's and shiny that I was aiming for]. What do I do next time to ensure I get the species I am looking for? I understand that a given frame will always give the same species, I just need to know in the trophy garden who can I garentee this for next time?
When RNG'ing in the Trophy Garden the current days pokemon (the one Mr.Backlot mentions) is always Encounter slot 6 and the previous days pokemon (the one Mr.Backlot mentioned the day before) is always Encounter slot 7.
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
RingoH

Quote:
When RNG'ing in the Trophy Garden the current days pokemon (the one Mr.Backlot mentions) is always Encounter slot 6 and the previous days pokemon (the one Mr.Backlot mentioned the day before) is always Encounter slot 7.
Thanks! I'll look forward to trying again tonight!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links