• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hope this is alright if I can ask a new question here. If not then I apologize in advance.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE LEGENDARY POKEMON LOOKS/DESIGN WISE AND WHY?
What people fail to realize is that you can create a topic, no need to ask. ;)
Reshiram. It looks so elegant and dreamy. Plus, the engine on its tail is so badass.
You beat me to it with Reshiram, but I'd also give this honor to Ho-Oh. Such a shiny rainbow birdie, isn't to bad to stare at all day long LOL

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I am kind of impartial to Ho-oh, especially with that big tail feathers of him. It's kind of distracting to me.

250.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
To answer my own question I'm gonna have to go with Suicune as my favorite legendary looks wise. Normally I'd go with something along the lines of Lugia or Giratina due to how quickly they can grab your attention with sheer bulk alone but what I like about Suicune is that I feel like it doesn't need to be overly massive or frightening to be awe worthy in all honesty, it just screams sophistication and class imo and that's what I like about it lol.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay, since this club has been a bit inactive lately because of my inactiveness, but please know that this weekend I AM moving and I won't have internet for a while (Who knows how long), so I may ask everyone, try your best to be active and bring up topics. :)

NEW TOPIC!

Which Legendary Pokemon disappoints you in terms of:
1) Design

2) Storyline
3) Power/Strength

That's three answers you should be speaking about :)

Also I'm sure most of you may have wondered what I have of my favorite Pokemon, Latias. Here is what I have. Hence, I no longer have any other cards (aside from 4 decks that I only play against a few personal friends to play with). In terms of collecting, this is all I have left since I sold the rest. Why did I keep these? Duh, she's my PokeWife ;) They mean so much to me!
001.jpg

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
1) Design
2) Storyline
3) Power/Strength

For design, I'd say Arceus, for reasons I've already explained.
For storyline, I'd say Thunderus, Tornadus, and Landorus. It seems like they shouldn't exist to me. I mean, Unova already has a trio that is far superior in theme and design.
For Power/Strength I'd say Phione. It is another Pokemon that shouldnt exist, considering it can actually be bred. It is also far outclassed in comparison to other legendaries

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years

1) Design

Regigigas. I mean, look at him. Compared to the original Regi trio, this master epicly sucks. Registeel is so elegant, Regirock is so cool, and Regice is so beautiful, but Regigigas is just plain ugly. I mean, being the trio master of three cool Pokemon, Regigigas could at least match them in terms of design, but no. He got a very horrible design.

2) Storyline

Hmmm... Hard to say. I think the three weather genies plot is way too stretched. I mean, there is absolutely no plot behind them, just some random dudes who come up, deciding to mess with the weather and all.funny in Hoenn, they fuss a lot about the weather, and it is just sunny and rainy, whereas in Unova, it is a terrible thunderstorm and yet nobody seems to give a thought about it.

3) Power/Strength

Strength? I have to agree with Cosmotone again. Phione is a lesser Manaphy clone, which is an absolutely lame excuse for a legendary. Yes, they are the guardians of the seas and such, but shouldn't they be more powerful and all? Kyogre is more fitting for the title.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For all 3 questions there I'm simply going to have to go with the Lake Trio tying for all spots. The designs feel rushed and half assed to say the very least, their story is laughable at best, and they're downright pitiful when it comes to battles in general. That and they remind me of that damn Fairly Odd Parents show back on Nickelodeon as well.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
For all 3 questions there I'm simply going to have to go with the Lake Trio tying for all spots. The designs feel rushed and half assed to say the very least, their story is laughable at best, and they're downright pitiful when it comes to battles in general. That and they remind me of that damn Fairly Odd Parents show back on Nickelodeon as well.
I really thought they were well thought out and had an amazing story behind them. Ok, maybe they do stink in battle. But the idea of having the trio awaken Dialga/Palkia was genius to me

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I really thought they were well thought out and had an amazing story behind them. Ok, maybe they do stink in battle. But the idea of having the trio awaken Dialga/Palkia was genius to me

Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree there then, oh well. I was originally going to say the Regi trio in general being the worst out of all 3 categories there but I remembered that I actually enjoyed the braille puzzles and the actual battles themselves back then in all honesty lol. That and my Regice back on Ruby was a utter beast in the Battle Tower haha.

miltankRancher

Years
I actually like the Regi trio. I like the puzzles and their design. I have yet to use them in battle, so I can't say anything for that matter. However, I know Regice is a good Pokemon all in all. Though smartly outclassed by several other Ice-types like Weavile, Mamoswine, and Abomasnow.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Same here that's why I used them back in Ruby. Regice is one hell of a special wall though haha and it can learn Thunderbolt and Thunder unlike most other Ice types currently around so it's got some traits to call its own for an Ice type which help it find its own little niche in the lower tiers nowadays.

All in all though I've really taken a liking to the Regi Trio particularly Regice. Registeel was an okay wall back then too with Toxic, Amnesia, Iron Defense, and Rest when I occasionally used it against my friends lol. Regirock I didn't use too much sadly so I can't say much for that particular Regi other than it had potential as a decent user of Curse to be a hopefully decent physical tank, same with Regigigas despite its disability but I'm rambling now lol.

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years

1) Design

2) Storyline
3) Power/Strength

1) Honestly, I don't like the design of almost very gen 4 and gen 5 legendaries... But, I particularly hate Heatran's. Seriously... What were they thinking of while drawing it? It's ugly, too much ugly. So ugly that it becomes funny. It's very odd, I can't believe that it is a legendary Pokémon, master of volcanoes.

2) Reshiram and Zekrom. Ok, I know that theoretically, Thornadus and other's is very worse than their, but being the two main legendary pokémon of a version involve an interesting storyline ! I hope that in the new versions they'll catch up about that, because for the moment I don't even understand what are their role as legendaries...

3) Like everyone, Phione. It's cute, but so weak that it shouldn't exist. I'm sorry for it but, it's just useless...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
New question for the hell of it lol.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE/MOST USED MOVESETS FOR YOUR FAVORITE/MOST USED LEGENDARY POKEMON AND WHY?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree there then, oh well. I was originally going to say the Regi trio in general being the worst out of all 3 categories there but I remembered that I actually enjoyed the braille puzzles and the actual battles themselves back then in all honesty lol. That and my Regice back on Ruby was a utter beast in the Battle Tower haha.
I dont dislike the regi trio, and I liked the braille and stuff, but I think the lake trio is still better due to the fact that they actually pertain to the storyline and arent just something on the side you can do.

My favorite moveset for Latias is Recover, Thunderbolt, Dragon Pulse and Psychic.
My favorite moveset for Cobalion is Swords Dance, Sacred Sword, X Scissor, and Stone edge.
I dont do competitive battling, so this is just for in game

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019

I dont dislike the regi trio, and I liked the braille and stuff, but I think the lake trio is still better due to the fact that they actually pertain to the storyline and arent just something on the side you can do.

I still find the Lake Trio's tie-in with the Dragon Trio to be rather odd in all honesty regardless due to how random their place of importance feels in the game imo. They are a sidequest to find and capture after you beat Team Galactic if memory serves though lol but I see your point of view there.

To answer my own question though I'd have to go with something along the lines of these nowadays.

Zapdos

Thunderbolt
Drill Peck
Toxic
Roost

Articuno

Ice Beam
Reflect
Light Screen
Roost

Regice

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Superpower
Rest

Lugia

Extrasensory
Calm Mind
Recover
Thunder Wave

Groudon

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Blast
Solarbeam

Reshiram

Draco Meteor
Blue Flare
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower

Those are a few personal favorite movesets of mine nowadays but they're all in-game for the most part.

miltankRancher

Years
Mine is this.

Darkrai@Focus Sash: Timid
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
~ Dark Void
~Focus Blast
~Psychic
~Calm Mind

This is part of my uber team. dark void is banned now however, which really sucks.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
NEW TOPIC!

1) Design

2) Storyline
3) Power/Strength

Interesting! Design wise there are a lot that I don't like, but I think most disappointing is Jirachi. It had the potential to be soooo cute, but they ruined it by making it constantly have those annoying tear marks under it's eyes; I can't find it cute after that :( Story line... Pretty much every event-exclusive Pokemon tbh. Excluding those, I found Virizion/Terrakion boring since they had no real story or explanation bar one guy in a cave... As for power, I barely ever use legendaries in battle, but I've always thought that Cresselia should be a lot more useful that it is; based on its stats/moves it should have a lot of potential :3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
New question for the hell of it lol.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE/MOST USED MOVESETS FOR YOUR FAVORITE/MOST USED LEGENDARY POKEMON AND WHY?
Latias
Timid Nature / Levitate Ability
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Special Defense

-Recover
-Psychic
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind

Mew
Timid Nature / Synchronize Ability
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

-Nasty Plot
-Psychic