The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old March 10th, 2012, 04:01 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikaro View Post
to say this apparently promising hack like me you've stuck to one style to choose tiles xD, I hope soon more updates luck and success
Thanks! Many of the tiles I've used are zein's, and some from other people, so a lot of them are the same style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Roblodo looks like a baws and the tiles look great, if a little bright.
There's not much to go on right now script and story-wise, but both look decent and I trust you're good enough to make something epic :D

I have to say though, I'm not a fan of two options -- well, not a fan of the two options you give the player. You've given the option become a Pokémon Master or help Team Rocket as if one cant be done without the other. And if you help them, who are the antagonists? Just something for you to think about. This has potential, good luck!
Thanks. You're given the choice to either help team rocket or the regis, each storyline will have the same ending, and after both you'll be a Pokémon Master. If you join team rocket, the antagonists are the police, your friends, and a few other people that I don't want to spoil. ;)

Updates!


I've edited the first post to include an awards sections, as I've won 3rd place in PHO's POTS (Pick of the Season). :D And I've edited the story into something a bit better, which you can read in the first post. Tell me what you think! I've also got one screenie today:


This is a preview of the newly re-mapped Azure Path, which is this hack's route one. :) Comment and tell me what you think! :D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:33 PM
kebbles's Avatar
kebbles
Rom Hacker.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Victoria, Australia!
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Really nice screenie, good to see progress is going goodd.
Congratulations on pick of the season u deserve it!
__________________
Pokémon Galaxy Elements
Alpha 0.5 Out Now!


When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Alec Empire's Avatar
Alec Empire
Are you ready to testify?
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
The screenshots look pretty solid, and I really dig the Sudowoodo evolution. But the storyline needs a major overhaul. It's pretty bland. If you're going to stick with it, put in some twists, and loads of events.
But keep working on this, man. It definitely has potential. I would love beta testing it in the near future, even. :D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Starchomp's Avatar
Starchomp
Avid Gambler
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Wow Chrunch, this hack looks really good, I can see how it won 3rd in POTS!

The story looks interesting. Although I wish you wouldn't use team Rocket, but oh well.

This screenshot looks very nice. I really like that house. I hope you change the hero OW though. xD


That text box is gorgeous, and it's good to see that you're making good use of text colors


I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, this one looks great too. But the corners in the pond don't look like the rest of the pond, as in the little white marks.


I really like the Sudowoodo evolution. And Starly is my favorite bird Pokemon, so I'm glad you included it.

I wish you luck on this, and I hope you release a beta/alpha soon!
__________________
Flabébé is so awesome
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old March 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbles View Post
Really nice screenie, good to see progress is going goodd.
Congratulations on pick of the season :) u deserve it!
Thanks. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Empire View Post
The screenshots look pretty solid, and I really dig the Sudowoodo evolution. But the storyline needs a major overhaul. It's pretty bland. If you're going to stick with it, put in some twists, and loads of events.
But keep working on this, man. It definitely has potential. I would love beta testing it in the near future, even. :D
Thanks. Don't worry, there are quite a few things in the story I haven't spoiled in this thread. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchomp View Post
Wow Chrunch, this hack looks really good, I can see how it won 3rd in POTS! Thanks! :D

The story looks interesting. Although I wish you wouldn't use team Rocket, but oh well. I was considering using another team, but I don't have any ideas and I'd need OW's and trainer sprites for them too.

This screenshot looks very nice. I really like that house. I hope you change the hero OW though. xD I will, when I find someone to make one for me.


That text box is gorgeous, and it's good to see that you're making good use of text colors Thanks, I'll be changing the colors often, it looks nicer than black all the time.


I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, this one looks great too. But the corners in the pond don't look like the rest of the pond, as in the little white marks. That's been fixed.


I really like the Sudowoodo evolution. And Starly is my favorite bird Pokemon, so I'm glad you included it. There are a few more sinnoh Pokemon inserted I still haven't shown, but glad you like it. :)

I wish you luck on this, and I hope you release a beta/alpha soon! Thanks again. There should hopefully be an alpha soon.
Responses in bold.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Sean.Warner's Avatar
Sean.Warner
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
i like how it connects to the original storyline
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Winter Wonderland's Avatar
Winter Wonderland
Puts the fun in dysfunctional
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Gender:
Nature: Quirky
The story you have is pretty solid. I did enjoy it, and I've often thought of the sequel to the Johto story. However, I do have a few nit-picky things to point out.
  • Team Rocket is a proper noun, as it is an organization. Therefore, it should be capitalized.
  • "Giovanni has come back and risen Team Rocket..." I think in this sentence, the verb "resurrected" would be a stronger one to use. It also leaves a more macabre picture of Team Rocket being pulled from a literal grave(-insert adorable zombie picture-)
  • Exactly what are the legendary golems doing in Celia to begin with? In Hoenn, they're sealed away(if I remember correctly) and you could only encounter them in Platinum if you had a certain kind of Regigigas with you. So, if you could provide reasoning as to what the golems are doing there, that'd be nice.
I suppose you could leave the story as is with the vague touch that it has, but the vocabulary and the delivery of the story could be better to enhance the reading experience and lure your players in to beg for more. Everyone loves a good book.
The features seem pretty standard(no complaint), and that seems to hinder its ability to stand out from other hacks. The two features I like the most are the side quests and the mini-games. However, you failed to elaborate on them. Have you ideas for the mini-games or side quests?
Another thing is the tiles--they are wonderful. I've seen them before, but they are very nice. The pond tiles you have seem bright and the houses along with the other bright colors give it a very happy feel. However, considering this is a tropical region, I'd imagine that palm trees, etc. would be included too, right? I'd love to see the tiles you have planned for that(ships, bridges, and all the other accessories).
The only suggestion I could give is up the vocabulary/storytelling a bit to really capture your audience. Not only that, but on some points, elaborate a little more(such as the features) so your fans at least have a general clue in the direction you're headed. Unless you like the vagueness of it all, then exclude the last comment. Have a lovely day. n_n
__________________


Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost, Fire and Ice.

Play Me Casually | Project Leola

Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vaniville Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
From what I can see, this hack seems very promising. Now to a full and thorough review:




Quote:
Spoiler:
This might not be related, but this logo is epic!

Quote:
Team Rocket was once a powerful force in Kanto, until one day, a boy named Red defeated them in their base - Silph Co. and went on to defeat their leader again in his GYM.
Gym shouldn't be capitalized :p

Quote:
The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket disappeared into the shadows...
Er, there's an unnecessary repetition in this statement. How about: "The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket vanished into the shadows..."?

Quote:
Team Rocket was once a powerful force in Kanto, until one day, a boy named Red defeated them in their base - Silph Co. and went on to defeat their leader again in his GYM. The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket disappeared into the shadows... 3 years later, they attacked the region of Johto and took their radio tower, but again, a boy named Gold defeated them. The last of Team Rocket finally dissolved and the regions were peaceful once again... until now... Giovanni has come back and resurrected Team Rocket from the grave, and launched an attack on the region of Celia. Pokémon have been mysteriously disappearing from Celia, what's happening to them? What are team rocket doing with them?

It's your 12th birthday, meaning you're finally allowed to go on a Pokémon Journey, just like you've always wanted to! You get a Pokémon and head out to earn badges, become a Pokémon Master, and collect all the Pokémon in the Pokédex! Whilst travelling through the Celia archipelago, you stumble upon team rocket attempting to catch Regirock, one of the the legendary regis! You soon discover their plans, and it's up to you, whether to join team rocket and help them achieve their goals, or help the regis and save Celia from their plan! What will YOU choose?...
Your story is freaking epic! Team Rocket has always been my favorite Pokemon villain organization. Choosing them as the main villains of your hack was a great decision, especially since I always found a weak story-line out of such a great organization being defeated (: Just proves they aren't willing to give up.

Quote:
Explore the tropical and exotic Celia archipelago!
The return of Dive and Whirlpool HMs!
Many new Fakémon!
4th and 5th Gen Pokémon!
Headbutt trees!
Sidequests
Minigames
New Music
New Story!
A tropical region! YES! Tropical based hacks/games are my all time favorite, cause I love light colored tiles, lol :p

I'm really eager to see Dive and Whirlpool implemented in your Rom! If successful, this feature will make your hack a special one! Great idea!

Quote:
Many new Fakémon!
4th and 5th Gen Pokémon!
I'd really like to see some of those Fakemon. However, I don't feel it's a great idea to have a mixed Pokedex between Fakemon and Pokemon. It could get quite messy. However, if the Pokemon are simply pre and post evolutions of existing Pokemon, than it could work (:

Quote:
You're chosen tiles are just amazing! I love the light colors and the tropical feeling of it all. Also, the water tiles are very well done, kudos!

Quote:
I agree with DrFuji, that ledge would be better if you straightened it out.

Quote:
I must say, this Sudowoodo evolution is epic! Very well done, is it your doing?




I must say, you've done a pretty damn good job with this hack! It still has a long way to go, but kudos to you sir. Wish you luck! (:
__________________






Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:40 AM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
king cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
This hack looks better than most around here so well done on that. I'm quite excited about being able to explore an archipelago and kudos for you on getting tile selection right for an archipelago. I did notice something different though:



You should do something different with this building as it is completely out of style with the rest of the tiles and sticks out like a sore thumb. I applaud you for changing the majority of tiles in the hack but it certainly takes a lot of effort to find tiles that all fit the same style (a la Light Platinum) but you're well on your way.
__________________
The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:32 AM
hinkage's Avatar
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Pokémon have been mysteriously disappearing from Celia, what's happening to them? What are team rocket doing with them?
Well that sounds familar... -_-
__________________
(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Shaly's Avatar
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: belgium
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
DAAAAAMN! This is one awesome game! Keep this up!
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Mystery Man's Avatar
Mystery Man
Don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I'm really liking this hack overall. The tiles flow well together and the maps are very good. I especially have to comment on those water tiles - they are glamourous! In addition, those Fakemon look wondrous, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more in-game.

However, I'm not really liking the bending ledge. It just adds an obstacle to smooth sailing in a route, but I may be the only one who thinks that.

Otherwise, this hack is of excellent quality. Great job so far!
Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:41 AM
stynimtes
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
ill get started on to OW sprite for you :) if you need any other spritework done then i can do that too. Also this game looks epic but to make it better you should ask SphericalIce if you can use his idea of a bank.

here you are, the ow sprites for the trainer

Last edited by DrFuji; June 6th, 2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:50 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.Warner View Post
i like how it connects to the original storyline
Thanks, I wanted a plot that followed on with the original story, with Team Rocket in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Wonderland View Post
The story you have is pretty solid. I did enjoy it, and I've often thought of the sequel to the Johto story. However, I do have a few nit-picky things to point out.
  • Team Rocket is a proper noun, as it is an organization. Therefore, it should be capitalized.
  • "Giovanni has come back and risen Team Rocket..." I think in this sentence, the verb "resurrected" would be a stronger one to use. It also leaves a more macabre picture of Team Rocket being pulled from a literal grave(-insert adorable zombie picture-)
  • Exactly what are the legendary golems doing in Celia to begin with? In Hoenn, they're sealed away(if I remember correctly) and you could only encounter them in Platinum if you had a certain kind of Regigigas with you. So, if you could provide reasoning as to what the golems are doing there, that'd be nice.
I suppose you could leave the story as is with the vague touch that it has, but the vocabulary and the delivery of the story could be better to enhance the reading experience and lure your players in to beg for more. Everyone loves a good book.
The features seem pretty standard(no complaint), and that seems to hinder its ability to stand out from other hacks. The two features I like the most are the side quests and the mini-games. However, you failed to elaborate on them. Have you ideas for the mini-games or side quests?
Another thing is the tiles--they are wonderful. I've seen them before, but they are very nice. The pond tiles you have seem bright and the houses along with the other bright colors give it a very happy feel. However, considering this is a tropical region, I'd imagine that palm trees, etc. would be included too, right? I'd love to see the tiles you have planned for that(ships, bridges, and all the other accessories).
The only suggestion I could give is up the vocabulary/storytelling a bit to really capture your audience. Not only that, but on some points, elaborate a little more(such as the features) so your fans at least have a general clue in the direction you're headed. Unless you like the vagueness of it all, then exclude the last comment. Have a lovely day. n_n
Thanks for all your comments! :3 I'll fix my grammar/spelling with the story (sorry about that). There will be quite a few side-quests, often throughout the game someone might ask you to do something for them, and once you do you'll get a reward. ;D As for the mini-games, there will be a few in the game, for example the mining mini-game (edited though) that's in quite a few hacks and more as I think of them. Thanks! There will definitely be more tiles added like palm trees in the future when I need them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
From what I can see, this hack seems very promising. Now to a full and thorough review:





This might not be related, but this logo is epic!
Thanks! I love it too. :3

Gym shouldn't be capitalized :p


Er, there's an unnecessary repetition in this statement. How about: "The leader disappeared, and Team Rocket vanished into the shadows..."?
Fixed those. :D


Your story is freaking epic! Team Rocket has always been my favorite Pokemon villain organization. Choosing them as the main villains of your hack was a great decision, especially since I always found a weak story-line out of such a great organization being defeated (: Just proves they aren't willing to give up.
Thanks!

A tropical region! YES! Tropical based hacks/games are my all time favorite, cause I love light colored tiles, lol :p
:3
I'm really eager to see Dive and Whirlpool implemented in your Rom! If successful, this feature will make your hack a special one! Great idea!
Yes, hopefully it will.

I'd really like to see some of those Fakemon. However, I don't feel it's a great idea to have a mixed Pokedex between Fakemon and Pokemon. It could get quite messy. However, if the Pokemon are simply pre and post evolutions of existing Pokemon, than it could work (:
No, most of them are completely different, I personally see no problem with it, Pokemon Sienna did that and it won HotY.

You're chosen tiles are just amazing! I love the light colors and the tropical feeling of it all. Also, the water tiles are very well done, kudos!
Thanks again, lol

I agree with DrFuji, that ledge would be better if you straightened it out.
I've already done that. :P

I must say, this Sudowoodo evolution is epic! Very well done, is it your doing?
Thanks



I must say, you've done a pretty damn good job with this hack! It still has a long way to go, but kudos to you sir. Wish you luck! (:
comments bold. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
This hack looks better than most around here so well done on that. I'm quite excited about being able to explore an archipelago and kudos for you on getting tile selection right for an archipelago. I did notice something different though:



You should do something different with this building as it is completely out of style with the rest of the tiles and sticks out like a sore thumb. I applaud you for changing the majority of tiles in the hack but it certainly takes a lot of effort to find tiles that all fit the same style (a la Light Platinum) but you're well on your way.
Thanks for your comments, glad you like my hack! I am aware of that, I just haven't managed to find any suitable replacements for it. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaly View Post
DAAAAAMN! This is one awesome game! Keep this up!
Thanks for your support! :D I definitely will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Man View Post
I'm really liking this hack overall. The tiles flow well together and the maps are very good. I especially have to comment on those water tiles - they are glamourous! In addition, those Fakemon look wondrous, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more in-game.

However, I'm not really liking the bending ledge. It just adds an obstacle to smooth sailing in a route, but I may be the only one who thinks that.

Otherwise, this hack is of excellent quality. Great job so far!
Already done that, but thanks anyways!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stynimtes View Post
ill get started on to OW sprite for you :) if you need any other spritework done then i can do that too. Also this game looks epic but to make it better you should ask SphericalIce if you can use his idea of a bank.

here you are, the ow sprites for the trainer
I appreciate you trying to help me, but OW sprites are not a priority at the moment, and those are just recolored FR OWs anyways. D: Spherical Ice didn't come up with that idea, and I don't really want to bug him, or use that idea anyways. Thanks!

Updates!


Sorry for not posting recently, but I've made some good progress recently. First of all, the thread has recently been updated with a new logo and some better CSS, If you haven't seen it already check it out. I've also remapped a few places and I'll be updating the first post with those new screenshots soon. I've also made quite a bit of progress with scripting, and I have a few new fakemon. :D



Preview of the remapped first town. *Ignore the girl to the left on those trees.



Some new fakemon for Cyan (fire/bug line) Keep in mind that the first one is still a WIP.


Platinum intro colors yay! :D








Just a few previews of some of the scripting I've done (yes, those are the starters).




Introducing turquiose town, the second town in the Celia region! :3



And that's all for now. I've made quite a bit of progress in the past few weeks, so there could maybe even be a release in a few weeks! ;D
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:58 AM
giradialkia's Avatar
giradialkia
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Great update, chrunch :) I love that you used the HGSS sprites for the starters, as they really are the best sprites for those Pokemon in particular. I love the Johto starters, so nice choice :P
As I've already said, I really like the Fakemon, too. There's pretty much nothing wrong with them that I can see, anyway, so that has to be a good sign. Looking forward to seeing more on that front :D

One small thing regarding the last few screens- I really like your tileset choices for this game, but one small thing that irks me a bit is the darkness of the outline of the Pokemart and PokeCenter. It seems to be a little bit too... dark, lol. I reckon it'd blend a bit more nicely with everything else if it were more a very dark shade of gray than pure black; up to you, of course.

Again, awesome update, everything looks totally sweet. Can't wait to see more!
__________________

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!



This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM
hashtag's Avatar
hashtag
king cook
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Adding on to the thing with the PC, it actually is flipped (which is obviously to save tile space) but is done in a way that makes the 'P.C' bit backwards on the right side, you should probably fix that (the shadows around both the PC and Mart are also much too thick). Good update though, would like to play that release when it's here.
__________________
The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Mystery Man's Avatar
Mystery Man
Don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Those Fakemon are flawless in appearance! I especially like the name you've given to the cocoon Pokemon - Coboom! That's real creative.
Everything else in the update looks really good. I see no flaws other than the ones others have pointed out. Hoping to see more of this hack!

Last edited by Mystery Man; June 18th, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Saltsas's Avatar
Saltsas
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Greece, Athens
Gender: Male
such an awesome progress you are making!the new fakemon are cool indeed there will be a 3rd evolution to this cocoon pokemon right? anyway good luck with this :D
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Gerokunz
7
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: =/
Age: 15
I like your tiles!
When I see your screenies, I feels I'm in the wonderland.
So, good luck!
__________________
=/
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:54 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Yeah, I'm back. :) Sorry I left everyone in the dark for so long, I kind of lost interest, but I decided to give hacking another go so here I am. A few new screenshots (which are actually pretty old):


A little preview of a forest in the game that was mapped by spherical ice. :3

Another new fakemon, the final evolution of the line I showed off a while ago.


Another new route. :D

So tell me what you think about the new updates and the continuation of this hack, i'd love to hear it. I know this update was kind of short but I promise there'll be bigger ones in the future. ;)

EDIT:


DrFuji also made me an amazing banner for cyan, which you can put in your signature to support me! Thanks alot for making it for me, I really appreciate it! :)

Last edited by chrunch; December 31st, 2012 at 04:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
DarkRisingGirl's Avatar
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: N/A
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Yeah, I'm back. Sorry I left everyone in the dark for so long, I kind of lost interest, but I decided to give hacking another go so here I am. A few new screenshots (which are actually pretty old):


A little preview of a forest in the game that was mapped by spherical ice. :3

Another new fakemon, the final evolution of the line I showed off a while ago.


Another new route. :D

So tell me what you think about the new updates and the continuation of this hack, i'd love to hear it. I know this update was kind of short but I promise there'll be bigger ones in the future.

Love the final evolution of the fakemon. Great you're back, Chrunch. ^.^
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:12 PM
Mystery Man's Avatar
Mystery Man
Don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Pleased to hear you are back! :D

Updates are looking great, Chrunch, as I typically say. I very much find your style of mapping extraordinaire. Same with the Fakemon. Expleetle looks much better in game than I initially thought it would. Still a bit iffy about the bending ledges. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to further updates.
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Love the final evolution of the fakemon. Great you're back, Chrunch. ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Man View Post
Pleased to hear you are back! :D

Updates are looking great, Chrunch, as I typically say. I very much find your style of mapping extraordinaire. Same with the Fakemon. Expleetle looks much better in game than I initially thought it would. Still a bit iffy about the bending ledges. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to further updates.
Thanks! I'm glad you like the fakemon (although I do have a new one)! I am aware about the bending ledges, but I still think in that instance it looks better bending than just straight. ;)

Updates!



So, the first of the promised updates. I unfortunately don't have any new maps, but I am getting all the fakemon redone. Here's a taste of one of the new fakemon sprites:



Also, the new regional bird:



Tell me what you think of the new bird, and the new sprites! :) Do you like these better than the old ones?
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM
NarutoActor's Avatar
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brooklyn/Marlboro
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Wow very nice fakemon, very nice maps, and great choice of tiles. I especially like how you did the ledge jumps in one of the routes. Good luck on this awesome hack. :D

Side Note: I agree with what manipulation and gira said, the letter on the PC to the right are backwards, which looks odd, and the tiles of the roof don't match up (If you know what I mean)
__________________
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:43 AM
AmazingCharizard's Avatar
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: High above you
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I really like your graphics, all in all I´m excited to play this. I don´t want to ask for an ETA but I would like to know if you´ll release first some Alphas/Betas or already the full game when it´s done. Btw, your Fakemon don´t look bad(I usually hate them so this is meant to be a compliment).
__________________
You, the unwashed masses: We, Team Rocket...ARE HERE! You better believe in the Shield of Injustice! Follow the Buzzard...

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.