The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > New Staff Lounge (archive)

Notices

New Staff Lounge (archive) This forum was used in PokéCommunity's 2012 April Fools Day prank. All content in this forum is fabricated for the entertainment of the reader.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Well I mean welcome and everything, glad to have you on board, but implying that the forums are stupid enough already is a hell of a judgment call to make for somebody with 18 posts and a join date of earlier this week.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Um, so I thought someone got a name change and I was about to ***** about that because that wouldn't be very fair, but I think I'm a little more interested (for lack of more polite words) in the fact that there's a completely new admin. Like, who are you? Where did you come from? What are you doing here?
Old March 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

hey man, chill. I've been paying attention to the PokeCommunity forums for years, so yes I do think I have a right to judge whether there is stupidity here or not.

To Patchisou Yutohru: Steve recently decided to reward me by promoting me to admin for providing traffic to this forum for many years. I'm simply making use of that right by contributing to community matters.
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Well herp let's just make the Google bots admins as well using that logic derp.
Old March 10th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

Do you know what we done do to newcomers around these parts, pardner?
Old March 10th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

I was against the idea of the Dear Anon thread even coming back, having a thread stuck which has every member moaning about something going on in their life and they don't have a backbone to admit it and do something about it is just annoying.

Also, new admin is in my good books already. I am on Sammi's side.
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
The merit of the thread itself is not in question. That went through HQ and it was agreed that the thread was allowed to exist again, despite the (somewhat irrelevant) opinions of the people who would not even be affected by it.

Whether or not all the staff like the thread is completely immaterial. The fact remains that it is by far the most popular thread in OVP and brings a lot of traffic to the forum. The members - the ones we're meant to be doing all this for - do like the thread, and use it often. And as I said, they felt it should be stickied, and I agreed.

There is simply no need for this discussion. It is between me and sammi, and perhaps if sammi could gain some impulse control and talk to me rather submitting to her kneejerk reaction to make a Staff Lounge thread about every move I make, we could have fewer of these pointless threads taking up everybody's time and energy.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old March 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
I voted no to reviving that thread in the HQ and I'm going to agree with the new purple person and Sammi and say that thread should be unstickied. And possibly bring SR up for some sort of warning. This thread should never have existed to begin with.
Old March 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Tbh I'm amazed this thread wasn't stickied from the very start. It's the best thread on the whole site imo. Its how I get my friends to know when they're being dicks, I can complain about my boyfriend, I get to know what people think of me, it helped me through rehab, it cured my mother of cancer, saved Peach from Bowser, and even now it's in the slums of Calcutta nursing the innocent back to health. You can't tell me THAT isn't a thread worth stickying. If anything, Andy should be given a freaking noble prize for creating this thread and you people that disagree should be ashamed of yourselves.
Old March 10th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>

Nature: Gentle
It's a rehab thread, of course it needed to be stickied. :)

“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Old March 11th, 2012, 03:12 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

I agree completely that Shining Raichu should be given a moderator warning for making rash decisions without informing his co-mod.

That aside, I think it's best left stuck. It wasn't going away any time soon anyway, so why not make it easier to access?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here