The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old March 10th, 2012 (06:32 PM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리왕국
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
These aren't for the challenge, but eh.
CP for twisted and the new events. I have a lot more wondercards to RNG. I don't know what natures yet.



Antoinette the Petilil ♀ | Level 19
Timid | Chlorophyll | 31 19 30 30 31 30
Sleep Powder | Mega Drain | Synthesis | Magical Leaf
Amelia | 13101


Reshiram | Level 100
Timid | Turboblaze | 31 13 31 31 31 31
Blue Flare | Fusion Flare | Mist | Draco Meteor
SPR2012 | 0310


Zekrom | Level 100
Jolly | Teravolt | 31 31 31 1 31 31
Bolt Strike | Fusion Bolt | Haze | Outrage
SPR2012 | 03102
__________________
  #102    
Old March 10th, 2012 (06:51 PM).
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
I'll say it here as well -- nice RNGs, Meli! I have a few to do, not as many as you of course. On my Black I still have V-Create Victini, Mewtwo, and now Zekrom to do. Can't be bothered to do 5th gen right now.
  #103    
Old March 10th, 2012 (06:54 PM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리왕국
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
I'll say it here as well -- nice RNGs, Meli! I have a few to do, not as many as you of course. On my Black I still have V-Create Victini, Mewtwo, and now Zekrom to do. Can't be bothered to do 5th gen right now. :(
5th gen is too easy anyway. xD I'm going back to Diamond and Pearl now. I just wanted to do the events and twisted's CP. 4th gen forever. <3
__________________
  #104    
Old March 10th, 2012 (08:11 PM).
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

5th gen is too easy anyway. xD I'm going back to Diamond and Pearl now. I just wanted to do the events and twisted's CP. 4th gen forever. <3
OK, it is too easy. I forgot that I didn't pick up Mewtwo yet for White but I decided to keep it. I did both of these in five minutes.


Mewtwo ♁ Lv. 70
OT: FEB2012 | ID: 2112
Nature: Naive
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Electro Ball
Non-Redis


Reshiram ♁ Lv. 100
OT: SPR2012 | ID: 3102
Nature: Naive
Ability: Turboblaze
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Mist, Draco Meteor
Non-Redis
  #105    
Old March 11th, 2012 (03:26 AM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리왕국
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
OK, it is too easy. I forgot that I didn't pick up Mewtwo yet for White but I decided to keep it. I did both of these in five minutes.


Mewtwo ♁ Lv. 70
OT: FEB2012 | ID: 2112
Nature: Naive
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Electro Ball
Non-Redis


Reshiram ♁ Lv. 100
OT: SPR2012 | ID: 3102
Nature: Naive
Ability: Turboblaze
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Mist, Draco Meteor
Non-Redis
I'm getting Japanese Heart Gold in April. ;D Can't wait to RNG my ID on it and get shinies.
__________________
  #106    
Old March 11th, 2012 (06:09 AM).
何贤豪's Avatar
何贤豪
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Actually, I know that it's for any Wild Pokemon encounter. And I pretty much know that I don't have to advance frames using this method...I know you'd ask..."Why would you put it in here when you know you don't want to use this way to advance frames?" I kinda just put it up instantly, I guess. Well, so to RNG the Pokemon I'd like...I would hit a certain time and delay, do some Prof. Elm calls to check whether I got the time and delay (but mostly delay) correct and if I didn't get it right, I'd start again. Advance frames after finding out that it's correct (would you have to subtract the number of frames you'd have to go through with the number of Prof. Elm calls that I did? Because 1 Prof. Elm call advances the frame by 1. And also...I would also have to subtract the frame's number by 1, right?), walk around until you encounter a Pokemon (assuming that I won't use Sweet Scent, otherwise I'd have to go through a calculation that is time-consuming and confusing), catch the Pokemon (unless if the Pokemon you encountered isn't the species you'd like), check whether the IVs are correct and you're done (unless if the IVs are incorrect)..right?
  #107    
Old March 11th, 2012 (07:41 AM).
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
Actually, I know that it's for any Wild Pokemon encounter. And I pretty much know that I don't have to advance frames using this method...I know you'd ask..."Why would you put it in here when you know you don't want to use this way to advance frames?" I kinda just put it up instantly, I guess. Well, so to RNG the Pokemon I'd like...I would hit a certain time and delay, do some Prof. Elm calls to check whether I got the time and delay (but mostly delay) correct and if I didn't get it right, I'd start again. Advance frames after finding out that it's correct (would you have to subtract the number of frames you'd have to go through with the number of Prof. Elm calls that I did? Because 1 Prof. Elm call advances the frame by 1. And also...I would also have to subtract the frame's number by 1, right?), walk around until you encounter a Pokemon (assuming that I won't use Sweet Scent, otherwise I'd have to go through a calculation that is time-consuming and confusing), catch the Pokemon (unless if the Pokemon you encountered isn't the species you'd like), check whether the IVs are correct and you're done (unless if the IVs are incorrect)..right?
The new RNG reporter makes using Sweet Scent a lot easier, so you need to go ahead and do that. You use Elm Calls to verify your seed, yes, that is correct. You can paste your seed hex into the main screen of RNG reporter and choose Method K (HGSS) and then hit generate. This will show you the elm responses all the way up to your target frame. Keep on calling elm until you are one below your target frame and then use sweet scent. You should get the Pokemon that you desire.

For example, if your pokemon is on frame 20, you would need to call Elm until you are on frame 19. Then you use Sweet Scent and your Pokemon appears.

Good luck.
  #108    
Old March 11th, 2012 (11:27 AM).
loucas's Avatar
loucas
100% hot
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: philippines
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
oh, so that's how you do it, i'm gonna rng my kyogre in HG and Groudon in SS
__________________

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
  #109    
Old March 11th, 2012 (12:17 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by oocyst.
oocyst's Avatar
oocyst
Bara baby
Community Supporter Tier 3
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
I FINALLY got my challenge mon done, it took so long omg everything was trolling me


Cacnea
Sand Veil|Adamant|NNable
31|31|31|17|31|31
Leer|Low Kick|Seed Bomb|Sucker Punch

Zekrom is up next and that will be way easier ;;

EDIT:


Zekrom
Teravolt|lvl. 100|Naughty|
31|31|31|31|31|30
Bolt Strike|Fusion Bolt|Haze|Outrage
Non Redis

This is like my fastest RNG ever lol
__________________
  #110    
Old March 11th, 2012 (12:44 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by loucas.
loucas's Avatar
loucas
100% hot
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: philippines
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
oops, don't have my SID for HG and SS, ha ha

goona try to do the challenge.

done with my



Mewtwo Lv. 70
OT: FEB2012 | ID: 2112
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31, 25, 31, 31, 30, 31
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Electro Ball
__________________

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
  #111    
Old March 11th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Cleared out my 5th gen wondercards on Black and White today... and I did a BP on white. This is my haul...


Victini ♁ Lv. 50
OT: Movie14 | ID: 12031
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Victory Star
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 2 Ice 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: V-create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Searing Shot
Non-Redis


Zekrom ♁ Lv. 100
OT: SPR2012 | ID: 3102
Nature: Naive
Ability: Teravolt
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Bolt Strike, Fusion Bolt, Haze, Outrage
Non-Redis


Mewtwo ♁ Lv. 70
OT: FEB2012 | ID: 2112
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Electro Ball
Non-Redis


Larvesta ♂ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Scotty | ID: 4730
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flame Body
IVs: 30, 2, 31, 31, 30, 30 Rock 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Ember, String Shot, Morning Sun, ***
Non-Redis

Enough 5th gen RNG for now. Keep up the great RNGs everyone and don't forget that the challenge expires in less than six hours now!
  #112    
Old March 11th, 2012 (02:47 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by EB.
EB's Avatar
EB
Re: World
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Age: 20
Nature: Calm
Just another 'mon for my party ^-^:


Shelmet | Level: 30
OT: eb | ID: 46682 | Game: White
Nature: Modest | Ability: Shell Armor | 31 31 31 31 31 31
EVs: Untrained | HP: Dark - 70
Struggle Bug | Mega Drain | Yawn | Protect
Non-Redis

=

I think I might start abusing Gen4 soon; any tips to keep myself from ripping my hair out?
  #113    
Old March 11th, 2012 (03:11 PM).
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by earth boy View Post
Just another 'mon for my party ^-^:


Shelmet | Level: 30
OT: eb | ID: 46682 | Game: White
Nature: Modest | Ability: Shell Armor | 31 31 31 31 31 31
EVs: Untrained | HP: Dark - 70
Struggle Bug | Mega Drain | Yawn | Protect
Non-Redis

=

I think I might start abusing Gen4 soon; any techniques to keep myself from ripping the rest of my hair out?
You might need a tutor for that. Going from 5th to 4th can be difficult on your own... trust me, I know. I taught myself Also, love EonTimer... it is now your new best friend.
  #114    
Old March 11th, 2012 (04:54 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by RingoH.
RingoH's Avatar
RingoH
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
I'm getting down to the wire on this one, but clocking in still by the deadline.. *whew*.

First off, as I stated previously my goal for this challenge was a Porygon from the trophy garden. I felt it would be easy for my first wild RNG because of the lack of NPC's to mess up the frames on me. I also wanted this to be in a premier ball... I realized once I was facing it though.... that OOPS, I forgot my false swiper, and I only had one Premier Ball... but I still got it. Boy do I feel accomplished... Thanks for all the help everyone who helped me with this one. I think I still prefer breeding, but it's nice to know I can do the wild encounters now as well.


#137 Porygon ♁ (level 18)
OT: RINGO ♂ (Diamond, 18496/26653)
Modest - Trace - 20/19/22/18/22/26 - Untrained
Sharpen - Psybeam - Agility - Recover

Hidden Power - Fighting 69
  #115    
Old March 11th, 2012 (07:02 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by Cordelia.
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
I'm getting down to the wire on this one, but clocking in still by the deadline.. *whew*.

First off, as I stated previously my goal for this challenge was a Porygon from the trophy garden. I felt it would be easy for my first wild RNG because of the lack of NPC's to mess up the frames on me. I also wanted this to be in a premier ball... I realized once I was facing it though.... that OOPS, I forgot my false swiper, and I only had one Premier Ball... but I still got it. Boy do I feel accomplished... Thanks for all the help everyone who helped me with this one. I think I still prefer breeding, but it's nice to know I can do the wild encounters now as well.


#137 Porygon ♁ (level 18)
OT: RINGO ♂ (Diamond, 18496/26653)
Modest - Trace - 20/19/22/18/22/26 - Untrained
Sharpen - Psybeam - Agility - Recover

Hidden Power - Fighting 69
Looks good -- congratulations. I had to think a bit about Porygon and Team Rocket, but in the original games it was a gift at the Rocket Game Corner and Bulbapedia notes that this could indicate possible Team Rocket involvement. Accepted

I will be granting a three hour extension on this challenge in hopes that more people will be able to complete it! This challenge is up at 3am UTC-4 on March 12, 2012.
  #116    
Old March 11th, 2012 (09:53 PM).
이큐리's Avatar
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 이큐리왕국
Gender: Female
Nature: Impish
Here's my challenge entry. Breeding in HGSS was pretty similar to DPPt. Trying a shiny one next time.



Gaius (Lickitung) ♂ | Level 1 |
Adamant | Own Tempo | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Lick | *** | *** | ***
Cyrene | 4014
__________________
  #117    
Old March 12th, 2012 (01:12 AM).
何贤豪's Avatar
何贤豪
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
... ... ...Actually, I think I should do 18, not 19 (if my frame's 20). It's to prevent going too much if my Sweet Scent advances the frame by 2 instead of 1. Actually, if you encounter a wild Pokemon, would your current frame increase?
  #118    
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:39 AM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
I managed to get the challenge done! I'm not certain whether or not it's on time, but I bred a Koffing. Non-shiny, flawless IVs, no interesting moves... So yeah, that's done! And I named it Jamesy <3 Still haven't managed to get to grips with rod abuse though - nothing bites even after trying what Greg said D:
__________________
  #119    
Old March 12th, 2012 (04:13 AM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by Cordelia.
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
... ... ...Actually, I think I should do 18, not 19 (if my frame's 20). It's to prevent going too much if my Sweet Scent advances the frame by 2 instead of 1. Actually, if you encounter a wild Pokemon, would your current frame increase?
If you do that you won't get your Pokemon. Go to frame 19 then sweet scent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I managed to get the challenge done! I'm not certain whether or not it's on time, but I bred a Koffing. Non-shiny, flawless IVs, no interesting moves... So yeah, that's done! And I named it Jamesy <3 Still haven't managed to get to grips with rod abuse though - nothing bites even after trying what Greg said D:
Sorry Ozzy, a bit too late I extended to 3am but you were about 3 and a half hours too late.

Challenge #3: RNG a Pokemon that gained an evolution/baby form in a future generation!

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm first this time xD Challenge completed!


Zubat ♀ Lv. 1
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Inner Focus
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Brave Bird, Tailwind, Roost, Super Fang
Non-Redis
  #120    
Old March 12th, 2012 (08:54 AM).
RingoH's Avatar
RingoH
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
Looks good -- congratulations. I had to think a bit about Porygon and Team Rocket, but in the original games it was a gift at the Rocket Game Corner and Bulbapedia notes that this could indicate possible Team Rocket involvement. Accepted
I was going by the plot line of "Electric Soldier Pokemon" as described on Bulbapedia:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP038

as well as the list of Pokemon used by Jessie as listed on Bulbapedia [Jessie being my favorite team rocket member].

Although since the episode was never aired outside of Japan, I do like your logic on allowing Porygon much better than using the episode plot line.

On to the third challenge...
Hmmm... Tough Choice... The Fairy Egg Group is my favorite, and many of them have gained a baby evolution later... Hmmm... So are we supposed to RNG the original Pokemon, or the baby form? I'm thinking between Pikachu, Cleffairy, and Chansey right now [even though I did a Chansey recently... I think I want to try to catch one with a Lucky Egg]

Question:
Is there a way to RNG a held item? Is this somehow related to encounter slots, or is this an aspect of RNG we can't predict?
  #121    
Old March 12th, 2012 (10:21 AM).
johnny18's Avatar
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
Question:
Is there a way to RNG a held item? Is this somehow related to encounter slots, or is this an aspect of RNG we can't predict?
I think that depends on the PID. Certain PID gives you pokemon that holding items.
I miss so many stuffs T_T
__________________
  #122    
Old March 12th, 2012 (10:57 AM).
RingoH's Avatar
RingoH
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
I think that depends on the PID. Certain PID gives you pokemon that holding items.
I miss so many stuffs T_T
Ok... If that is true. RNG Reporter tells us the PID for the Pokemon we're going for, do we have a way of knowing if that PID would result in a Pokemon with a held item? I assume it would be more complicated because, if we look at say Chansey as an example:
50% of her hold an oval stone.
5% hold a Lucky Egg
The remaining 45% hold nothing.

:-( I wonder if I just need to keep catching her over and over till I find that Lucky Egg.
  #123    
Old March 12th, 2012 (11:51 AM).
Cordelia
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Nature: Sassy
You can RNG the baby Pokemon or the original Pokemon, Ringo. And I know research is being done on held items... but I don't think it's complete.
  #124    
Old March 12th, 2012 (12:36 PM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
Challenge #3: RNG a Pokemon that gained an evolution/baby form in a future generation!

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm first this time xD Challenge completed!

Congrats on your RNG! And I've actually done this one on time! Time to finally present it in the classic way;


Sneasel ♀ Lv. 48
OT: Ozzy
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Keen Eye
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 31, 31
EVs: UT
Moves: Beat Up, Slash, Hone Claws, Icy Wind

I love the Giant Chasm, NPCs can go to hell. <3
__________________
  #125    
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:25 PM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by johnny18.
johnny18's Avatar
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
Ok... If that is true. RNG Reporter tells us the PID for the Pokemon we're going for, do we have a way of knowing if that PID would result in a Pokemon with a held item? I assume it would be more complicated because, if we look at say Chansey as an example:
50% of her hold an oval stone.
5% hold a Lucky Egg
The remaining 45% hold nothing.

:-( I wonder if I just need to keep catching her over and over till I find that Lucky Egg.
Catching her over then. RNG just to get a held item does not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post


Congrats on your RNG! And I've actually done this one on time! Time to finally present it in the classic way;


Sneasel ♀ Lv. 48
OT: Ozzy
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Keen Eye
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 31, 31
EVs: UT
Moves: Beat Up, Slash, Hone Claws, Icy Wind

I love the Giant Chasm, NPCs can go to hell. <3
zzzzzz, try to do somewhere else, you pick the easiest place to RNG. Shame one you ozzy lol JK
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.