The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2012 (06:32 PM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
These aren't for the challenge, but eh.
CP for twisted and the new events. I have a lot more wondercards to RNG. I don't know what natures yet.

Antoinette the Petilil ♀ | Level 19
Timid | Chlorophyll | 31 19 30 30 31 30
Sleep Powder | Mega Drain | Synthesis | Magical Leaf
Amelia | 13101

Reshiram | Level 100
Timid | Turboblaze | 31 13 31 31 31 31
Blue Flare | Fusion Flare | Mist | Draco Meteor
SPR2012 | 0310

Zekrom | Level 100
Jolly | Teravolt | 31 31 31 1 31 31
Bolt Strike | Fusion Bolt | Haze | Outrage
SPR2012 | 03102
Old March 10th, 2012 (06:51 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I'll say it here as well -- nice RNGs, Meli! I have a few to do, not as many as you of course. On my Black I still have V-Create Victini, Mewtwo, and now Zekrom to do. Can't be bothered to do 5th gen right now.
Old March 10th, 2012 (06:54 PM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
I'll say it here as well -- nice RNGs, Meli! I have a few to do, not as many as you of course. On my Black I still have V-Create Victini, Mewtwo, and now Zekrom to do. Can't be bothered to do 5th gen right now. :(
5th gen is too easy anyway. xD I'm going back to Diamond and Pearl now. I just wanted to do the events and twisted's CP. 4th gen forever. <3
Old March 10th, 2012 (08:11 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post

5th gen is too easy anyway. xD I'm going back to Diamond and Pearl now. I just wanted to do the events and twisted's CP. 4th gen forever. <3
OK, it is too easy. I forgot that I didn't pick up Mewtwo yet for White but I decided to keep it. I did both of these in five minutes.

Mewtwo ♁ Lv. 70
OT: FEB2012 | ID: 2112
Nature: Naive
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Electro Ball
Non-Redis

Reshiram ♁ Lv. 100
OT: SPR2012 | ID: 3102
Ability: Turboblaze
Moves: Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Mist, Draco Meteor
Non-Redis
Old March 11th, 2012 (03:26 AM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
OK, it is too easy. I forgot that I didn't pick up Mewtwo yet for White but I decided to keep it. I did both of these in five minutes.

Mewtwo ♁ Lv. 70
Non-Redis

Reshiram ♁ Lv. 100
Ability: Turboblaze
Moves: Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Mist, Draco Meteor
Non-Redis
I'm getting Japanese Heart Gold in April. ;D Can't wait to RNG my ID on it and get shinies.
Old March 11th, 2012 (06:09 AM).
何贤豪

Actually, I know that it's for any Wild Pokemon encounter. And I pretty much know that I don't have to advance frames using this method...I know you'd ask..."Why would you put it in here when you know you don't want to use this way to advance frames?" I kinda just put it up instantly, I guess. Well, so to RNG the Pokemon I'd like...I would hit a certain time and delay, do some Prof. Elm calls to check whether I got the time and delay (but mostly delay) correct and if I didn't get it right, I'd start again. Advance frames after finding out that it's correct (would you have to subtract the number of frames you'd have to go through with the number of Prof. Elm calls that I did? Because 1 Prof. Elm call advances the frame by 1. And also...I would also have to subtract the frame's number by 1, right?), walk around until you encounter a Pokemon (assuming that I won't use Sweet Scent, otherwise I'd have to go through a calculation that is time-consuming and confusing), catch the Pokemon (unless if the Pokemon you encountered isn't the species you'd like), check whether the IVs are correct and you're done (unless if the IVs are incorrect)..right?
Old March 11th, 2012 (07:41 AM).
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
Actually, I know that it's for any Wild Pokemon encounter. And I pretty much know that I don't have to advance frames using this method...I know you'd ask..."Why would you put it in here when you know you don't want to use this way to advance frames?" I kinda just put it up instantly, I guess. Well, so to RNG the Pokemon I'd like...I would hit a certain time and delay, do some Prof. Elm calls to check whether I got the time and delay (but mostly delay) correct and if I didn't get it right, I'd start again. Advance frames after finding out that it's correct (would you have to subtract the number of frames you'd have to go through with the number of Prof. Elm calls that I did? Because 1 Prof. Elm call advances the frame by 1. And also...I would also have to subtract the frame's number by 1, right?), walk around until you encounter a Pokemon (assuming that I won't use Sweet Scent, otherwise I'd have to go through a calculation that is time-consuming and confusing), catch the Pokemon (unless if the Pokemon you encountered isn't the species you'd like), check whether the IVs are correct and you're done (unless if the IVs are incorrect)..right?
The new RNG reporter makes using Sweet Scent a lot easier, so you need to go ahead and do that. You use Elm Calls to verify your seed, yes, that is correct. You can paste your seed hex into the main screen of RNG reporter and choose Method K (HGSS) and then hit generate. This will show you the elm responses all the way up to your target frame. Keep on calling elm until you are one below your target frame and then use sweet scent. You should get the Pokemon that you desire.

For example, if your pokemon is on frame 20, you would need to call Elm until you are on frame 19. Then you use Sweet Scent and your Pokemon appears.

Good luck.
Old March 11th, 2012 (11:27 AM).
loucas
100% hot

Nature: Timid
oh, so that's how you do it, i'm gonna rng my kyogre in HG and Groudon in SS

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
Old March 11th, 2012 (12:17 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by oocyst.
oocyst
Bara baby
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Bold
I FINALLY got my challenge mon done, it took so long omg everything was trolling me

Cacnea
Sand Veil|Adamant|NNable
31|31|31|17|31|31
Leer|Low Kick|Seed Bomb|Sucker Punch

Zekrom is up next and that will be way easier ;;

EDIT:

Zekrom
Teravolt|lvl. 100|Naughty|
31|31|31|31|31|30
Bolt Strike|Fusion Bolt|Haze|Outrage
Non Redis

This is like my fastest RNG ever lol
Old March 11th, 2012 (12:44 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by loucas.
loucas
100% hot

oops, don't have my SID for HG and SS, ha ha

goona try to do the challenge.

done with my

Mewtwo Lv. 70
IVs: 31, 25, 31, 31, 30, 31

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
Old March 11th, 2012 (02:09 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Cleared out my 5th gen wondercards on Black and White today... and I did a BP on white. This is my haul...

Victini ♁ Lv. 50
OT: Movie14 | ID: 12031
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Victory Star
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 2 Ice 70
Moves: V-create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt, Searing Shot
Non-Redis

Zekrom ♁ Lv. 100
Ability: Teravolt
Moves: Bolt Strike, Fusion Bolt, Haze, Outrage
Non-Redis

Mewtwo ♁ Lv. 70
IVs: 31, 0, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dragon 68
Non-Redis

Larvesta ♂ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Scotty | ID: 4730
Ability: Flame Body
IVs: 30, 2, 31, 31, 30, 30 Rock 70
Moves: Ember, String Shot, Morning Sun, ***
Non-Redis

Enough 5th gen RNG for now. Keep up the great RNGs everyone and don't forget that the challenge expires in less than six hours now!
Old March 11th, 2012 (02:47 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by EB.
EB
Re: World
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Just another 'mon for my party ^-^:

Shelmet | Level: 30
OT: eb | ID: 46682 | Game: White
Nature: Modest | Ability: Shell Armor | 31 31 31 31 31 31
EVs: Untrained | HP: Dark - 70
Struggle Bug | Mega Drain | Yawn | Protect
Non-Redis

=

I think I might start abusing Gen4 soon; any tips to keep myself from ripping my hair out?
Old March 11th, 2012 (03:11 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth boy View Post
Just another 'mon for my party ^-^:

Shelmet | Level: 30
OT: eb | ID: 46682 | Game: White
Nature: Modest | Ability: Shell Armor | 31 31 31 31 31 31
EVs: Untrained | HP: Dark - 70
Struggle Bug | Mega Drain | Yawn | Protect
Non-Redis

=

I think I might start abusing Gen4 soon; any techniques to keep myself from ripping the rest of my hair out?
You might need a tutor for that. Going from 5th to 4th can be difficult on your own... trust me, I know. I taught myself Also, love EonTimer... it is now your new best friend.
Old March 11th, 2012 (04:54 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by RingoH.
RingoH

I'm getting down to the wire on this one, but clocking in still by the deadline.. *whew*.

First off, as I stated previously my goal for this challenge was a Porygon from the trophy garden. I felt it would be easy for my first wild RNG because of the lack of NPC's to mess up the frames on me. I also wanted this to be in a premier ball... I realized once I was facing it though.... that OOPS, I forgot my false swiper, and I only had one Premier Ball... but I still got it. Boy do I feel accomplished... Thanks for all the help everyone who helped me with this one. I think I still prefer breeding, but it's nice to know I can do the wild encounters now as well.

#137 Porygon ♁ (level 18)
OT: RINGO ♂ (Diamond, 18496/26653)
Modest - Trace - 20/19/22/18/22/26 - Untrained
Sharpen - Psybeam - Agility - Recover

Hidden Power - Fighting 69
Old March 11th, 2012 (07:02 PM). Edited March 11th, 2012 by Cordelia.
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
I'm getting down to the wire on this one, but clocking in still by the deadline.. *whew*.

First off, as I stated previously my goal for this challenge was a Porygon from the trophy garden. I felt it would be easy for my first wild RNG because of the lack of NPC's to mess up the frames on me. I also wanted this to be in a premier ball... I realized once I was facing it though.... that OOPS, I forgot my false swiper, and I only had one Premier Ball... but I still got it. Boy do I feel accomplished... Thanks for all the help everyone who helped me with this one. I think I still prefer breeding, but it's nice to know I can do the wild encounters now as well.

#137 Porygon ♁ (level 18)
OT: RINGO ♂ (Diamond, 18496/26653)
Modest - Trace - 20/19/22/18/22/26 - Untrained
Sharpen - Psybeam - Agility - Recover

Hidden Power - Fighting 69
Looks good -- congratulations. I had to think a bit about Porygon and Team Rocket, but in the original games it was a gift at the Rocket Game Corner and Bulbapedia notes that this could indicate possible Team Rocket involvement. Accepted

I will be granting a three hour extension on this challenge in hopes that more people will be able to complete it! This challenge is up at 3am UTC-4 on March 12, 2012.
Old March 11th, 2012 (09:53 PM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Here's my challenge entry. Breeding in HGSS was pretty similar to DPPt. Trying a shiny one next time.

Gaius (Lickitung) ♂ | Level 1 |
Adamant | Own Tempo | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Lick | *** | *** | ***
Cyrene | 4014
Old March 12th, 2012 (01:12 AM).
何贤豪

... ... ...Actually, I think I should do 18, not 19 (if my frame's 20). It's to prevent going too much if my Sweet Scent advances the frame by 2 instead of 1. Actually, if you encounter a wild Pokemon, would your current frame increase?
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:39 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I managed to get the challenge done! I'm not certain whether or not it's on time, but I bred a Koffing. Non-shiny, flawless IVs, no interesting moves... So yeah, that's done! And I named it Jamesy <3 Still haven't managed to get to grips with rod abuse though - nothing bites even after trying what Greg said D:
Old March 12th, 2012 (04:13 AM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by Cordelia.
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
... ... ...Actually, I think I should do 18, not 19 (if my frame's 20). It's to prevent going too much if my Sweet Scent advances the frame by 2 instead of 1. Actually, if you encounter a wild Pokemon, would your current frame increase?
If you do that you won't get your Pokemon. Go to frame 19 then sweet scent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I managed to get the challenge done! I'm not certain whether or not it's on time, but I bred a Koffing. Non-shiny, flawless IVs, no interesting moves... So yeah, that's done! And I named it Jamesy <3 Still haven't managed to get to grips with rod abuse though - nothing bites even after trying what Greg said D:
Sorry Ozzy, a bit too late I extended to 3am but you were about 3 and a half hours too late.

Challenge #3: RNG a Pokemon that gained an evolution/baby form in a future generation!

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm first this time xD Challenge completed!

Zubat ♀ Lv. 1
OT: Mac | ID: 36152
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Inner Focus
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 0, 31, 31 Electric 59
Moves: Brave Bird, Tailwind, Roost, Super Fang
Non-Redis
Old March 12th, 2012 (08:54 AM).
RingoH

Quote:
Looks good -- congratulations. I had to think a bit about Porygon and Team Rocket, but in the original games it was a gift at the Rocket Game Corner and Bulbapedia notes that this could indicate possible Team Rocket involvement. Accepted
I was going by the plot line of "Electric Soldier Pokemon" as described on Bulbapedia:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP038

as well as the list of Pokemon used by Jessie as listed on Bulbapedia [Jessie being my favorite team rocket member].

Although since the episode was never aired outside of Japan, I do like your logic on allowing Porygon much better than using the episode plot line.

On to the third challenge...
Hmmm... Tough Choice... The Fairy Egg Group is my favorite, and many of them have gained a baby evolution later... Hmmm... So are we supposed to RNG the original Pokemon, or the baby form? I'm thinking between Pikachu, Cleffairy, and Chansey right now [even though I did a Chansey recently... I think I want to try to catch one with a Lucky Egg]

Question:
Is there a way to RNG a held item? Is this somehow related to encounter slots, or is this an aspect of RNG we can't predict?
Old March 12th, 2012 (10:21 AM).
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Question:
Is there a way to RNG a held item? Is this somehow related to encounter slots, or is this an aspect of RNG we can't predict?
I think that depends on the PID. Certain PID gives you pokemon that holding items.
I miss so many stuffs T_T
Old March 12th, 2012 (10:57 AM).
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny18 View Post
I think that depends on the PID. Certain PID gives you pokemon that holding items.
I miss so many stuffs T_T
Ok... If that is true. RNG Reporter tells us the PID for the Pokemon we're going for, do we have a way of knowing if that PID would result in a Pokemon with a held item? I assume it would be more complicated because, if we look at say Chansey as an example:
50% of her hold an oval stone.
5% hold a Lucky Egg
The remaining 45% hold nothing.

:-( I wonder if I just need to keep catching her over and over till I find that Lucky Egg.
Old March 12th, 2012 (11:51 AM).
Cordelia
Banned

You can RNG the baby Pokemon or the original Pokemon, Ringo. And I know research is being done on held items... but I don't think it's complete.
Old March 12th, 2012 (12:36 PM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Challenge #3: RNG a Pokemon that gained an evolution/baby form in a future generation!

EDIT: Well, looks like I'm first this time xD Challenge completed!

Congrats on your RNG! And I've actually done this one on time! Time to finally present it in the classic way;

Sneasel ♀ Lv. 48
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Keen Eye
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 31, 31
EVs: UT
Moves: Beat Up, Slash, Hone Claws, Icy Wind

I love the Giant Chasm, NPCs can go to hell. <3
Old March 12th, 2012 (02:25 PM). Edited March 12th, 2012 by johnny18.
johnny18
Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Ok... If that is true. RNG Reporter tells us the PID for the Pokemon we're going for, do we have a way of knowing if that PID would result in a Pokemon with a held item? I assume it would be more complicated because, if we look at say Chansey as an example:
50% of her hold an oval stone.
5% hold a Lucky Egg
The remaining 45% hold nothing.

:-( I wonder if I just need to keep catching her over and over till I find that Lucky Egg.
Catching her over then. RNG just to get a held item does not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

Congrats on your RNG! And I've actually done this one on time! Time to finally present it in the classic way;

Sneasel ♀ Lv. 48
OT: Ozzy
Ability: Keen Eye
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 30, 31, 31
EVs: UT
Moves: Beat Up, Slash, Hone Claws, Icy Wind

I love the Giant Chasm, NPCs can go to hell. <3
zzzzzz, try to do somewhere else, you pick the easiest place to RNG. Shame one you ozzy lol JK

Sponsored Links