The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
My favorite character would be Kilik. He's in my signature of course, & he's also in Pokemon Fallout.

You know what kind of RP I'm more interested in? A Final Fantasy RP. Since I first started the first game, which was a month ago, I've been obsessed with the series. It would be cool if someone would make a Final Fantasy RP. I know it would include a LOT of work, but still.

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:05 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
...Last Time I checked Final Fantasy had an extremely inconsistent theme with the complete lack of any remotely long term canonity. owo There are very few things I think about immediately besides standard black/white magic and a couple of races that reccur several times. (Moogles and Chocobos?) Oh and random humans running around with world/reality destroying powers that for some reason don't /actually/ devistate the world every time they're used. (Deja Vu fantasy RPGs everywhere, am I right?)

So my question would be how would one make a "final fantasy" roleplay? The obvious answer is to select any one game and base it off that, but still.
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
...Last Time I checked Final Fantasy had an extremely inconsistent theme with the complete lack of any remotely long term canonity. owo There are very few things I think about immediately besides standard black/white magic and a couple of races that reccur several times. (Moogles and Chocobos?) Oh and random humans running around with world/reality destroying powers that for some reason don't /actually/ devistate the world every time they're used. (Deja Vu fantasy RPGs everywhere, am I right?)

So my question would be how would one make a "final fantasy" roleplay? The obvious answer is to select any one game and base it off that, but still.
It's because each Final Fantasy game is its own separate story. Each one takes place in a different place in a different time period. There are exceptions to this such as X-2 and XIII-2, but all of them are different stories. There is no linear story involved, which makes it easier for a new gamer to pick one up since he doesn't have to have any previous knowledge on the other games. The way magic works is just to have familiar gameplay and the reason chocobos and moogles appear in games because they are the the mascots of the game series.

On the subject of the Final Fantasy RP, we had one when I joined. Game Over1375 GMed it but it died out. It was set in Ivalice and we had a good start to it as well.

By the way which game did you start ShinyDiamond? I've played X, XII, part of XIII, Tatics Advance, Tatics, And Tactics A2. There are a whole lot of games and they are all fun in their own little ways.
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:35 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greiger View Post
It's because each Final Fantasy game is its own separate story. Each one takes place in a different place in a different time period. There are exceptions to this such as X-2 and XIII-2, but all of them are different stories. There is no linear story involved, which makes it easier for a new gamer to pick one up since he doesn't have to have any previous knowledge on the other games. The way magic works is just to have familiar gameplay and the reason chocobos and moogles appear in games because they are the the mascots of the game series.

On the subject of the Final Fantasy RP, we had one when I joined. Game Over1375 GMed it but it died out. It was set in Ivalice and we had a good start to it as well.

By the way which game did you start ShinyDiamond? I've played X, XII, part of XIII, Tatics Advance, Tatics, And Tactics A2. There are a whole lot of games and they are all fun in their own little ways.
I played Final Fantasy I, the first game. I already passed it a few day ago & am currently playing Final Fantasy II as we speak.if each game has it's own different timeline, then perhaps we could make up our own? >.> I'm just suggesting.

~Dia+PS~
Old March 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDiamond View Post
I played Final Fantasy I, the first game. I already passed it a few day ago & am currently playing Final Fantasy II as we speak.if each game has it's own different timeline, then perhaps we could make up our own? >.> I'm just suggesting.
You could. A staple of every Final Fantasy game is having of course the magic and combat but you could also consider putting jobs in there as well. You would have to make up your own villains but stuff such as the summons, enemies, and magic you can borrow from any game in the series. If you really are interested in making a RP you can always check out the final fantasy wikia here. It has a ton of info on all of the games. Since your playing the first one I'm thinking that you got the port on the PSP right?
Old March 10th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Wow.....Pokemon Trainer Academy has got more posts and views than this thread...and more views than posts in the Roleplay Lounge...
Old March 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greiger View Post
You could. A staple of every Final Fantasy game is having of course the magic and combat but you could also consider putting jobs in there as well. You would have to make up your own villains but stuff such as the summons, enemies, and magic you can borrow from any game in the series. If you really are interested in making a RP you can always check out the final fantasy wikia here. It has a ton of info on all of the games. Since your playing the first one I'm thinking that you got the port on the PSP right?
Thanks for the link. & uh, I downloaded Final Fantasy I on my mobile. I did the same with Final Fantasy II. Hopefullly I'll have time to make a Final Fantasy RP.

~Dia+PS~
Old March 10th, 2012, 09:43 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Limanya: Just imagine what the number will be like by the time it actually finishes. |D
Old March 11th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
@SV YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. WITH DRAGONS AND UNICORNS AND GRIFFONS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im done now.

as for final fantasy, you could have one in ivalice, the most common ff world.
Old March 11th, 2012, 02:23 AM
TiTaN.JuStIn
Fighting the army of Stress...

Nature: Lonely
@Supervegeta It's about time. But PLEASE no elves and dwarfs. Any other races are allowed. Oh, and DRAGONS FTW! lol

@ShinyDiamond Gotta agree with Skymin here. Ivalice is very convenient to use.

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

RPs I joined:

Pokemon: Fresh Start (as Richard J. Hope)
Old March 11th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

@TiTaN.JuStIn Yeah Dragon are FTW. I remember I actually joined a D&D session where one of the players was a dragon. Of course to not be super powerful he had to be an extremely young dragon that was only fifty years old and had just been allowed to go into the world. Needless to say he had an attitude and most of our near death experiences was attributed to his characters 'curiosity'. I personally think he just had a agenda to see how far his character could push us before we would decide to have dragon stew for dinner.

@Skymin Someone's very excited... or had too much sugar recently.

@ShinyDiamond Yeah, Ivalice is the most fleshed out world in Final Fantasy so if you're still unfamiliar with all of the different worlds then it would probably be a good idea to set it in Ivalice. It would also help hard core FF players by having a familiar setting.
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist
Oh, hey everyone. Just dropping by to say 'Hi!'

My 'Senpai' advised me to drop a line here, so here I am.

I'm new to the forums, and am very interested in the RP section. It sounds like a fun place. I hope I get the chance to work with you people.
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Welcome! Hope you have a great time here

Check out one of the RPs here, you can always try mine, which is pretty good for new people.
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Hi Ariel~~

Guys, Rune Alchemist is my mentee here, so, please, be nice. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

I might do just that.

Great, I'm all giddy now, plus I'm getting ideas. Not really good since I have a lot of them.

I wonder if there is a RP based on 'Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition', though I highly doubt that since it's not yet released, and might take a long time to localize...

By the way, thanks Senpai, I'll wait for some opening for the RPs... the ones here are really active and have developed quite a plot. Makes it more awkward don't you think?
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Alchemist View Post
I might do just that.

Great, I'm all giddy now, plus I'm getting ideas. Not really good since I have a lot of them.

I wonder if there is a RP based on 'Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition', though I highly doubt that since it's not yet released, and might take a long time to localize...

By the way, thanks Senpai, I'll wait for some opening for the RPs... the ones here are really active and have developed quite a plot. Makes it more awkward don't you think?
I guess. xD
I'm making an RP myself; maybe you can check it out when I make it? :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

@Rune Alchemist If you are looking for new RPs to join I suggest subscribing to the roleplay acceptance thread v.2. All new roleplays are accepted there. Anyway welcome to the Corner! Also, we don't have a P+NA RP yet in answer to your question.
Old March 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Nature: Relaxed
@Rune Alchemist Welcome to the RP Corner. Hope you have a good time, and enjoy yourself. If you ever need any help with anything, drop me a VM/PM.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old March 11th, 2012, 12:38 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Rune Alchemist: Welcome to the RPC. :P

@Everyone: I've come the the conclusion that I'm going to make writing more guides my side project. It's just a matter of deciding what to write about first. Last time I asked I couldn't really get an answer, so I suppose I'll just choose something and go make it happen. o-o;
Old March 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

@Skymin TiTaN.JuStIn Greiger: ._. I don't even know what Ivalice is or what it looks like. I'm still trying to get through Final Fantasy II.

~Dia+PS~
Old March 11th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
OK, so I'm in the process of making a Medieval RP with a Co-GM. We were wondering ahead of time if we should make this a all human RP, or add in mythical races as well for people to use? Either way, we're sure there will still be magic, and all the other good stuff, but we're not sure if people would prefer an all-human medieval RP, or one with mythical races as well. We can also have it a bit of both, where mythical races are in it, but non-usable by the RPers, or we can have it that there are non at all.

Which would you prefer? Feedback and interest would be appreciated. This isn't something that would come out too soon, however, but rather closer to the summer.
WELL, I would be fine with any races. Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, whatever. Although it seems that people have issues with these races. Overused? HUMANS ARE OVERUSED! xD
If I get bored/un-lazy enough I might try to think of an Elder Scrolls RP. Although, If I were to do that, should I base it off of one of the games, or not? If so, which one do you think? /really only knows Oblivion and Skyrim all that well

As for the Final Fantasy RP . . . yes, the world is so extremely versatile, you could do anything. Go crazy. @.@

Other than this I am lazy RPer and lazy everything, so whatever. Who is lazier: Skymin or I?
Old March 11th, 2012, 11:58 PM
adventure
across K A N T O

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Who is lazier: Skymin or I?
That's such a difficult question... you stopped posting in Foreigners, but then again, you were the one who got the furthest so it wasn't really your fault anyways. But Melody is almost the one who is most behind in Arcanum... but you have already posted in the RP on EGC so you're at least active somewhere... ;PppPPPppPPpPp

As for Skymin, she is a mod and therefore automatically lazier than everybody else. Because now going on the forum is suddenly a chore instead of something you do to sneak away from other things. Oh, cruel reality ;D

*gives out comforting hugs*

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Old March 12th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Skymin
the Knight

everyone comments on my laziness, even offline! it's CRAZY.

@ShinyDiamond; try wikipedia-ing Ivalice. It's a fairly huge world. Also, buy Final Fantasy Tactics. It's a fantastic game.4

@Rune Alchemist: WELCOME!! I'm the modly mod here, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!!
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've already have my eye on a few RPs. I'll try out Limanya's Darkness Lurking.

It would be challenging though, since I've only played PMD:RRT. I wouldn't have much knowledge on the canon game.

... I just noticed, the Pokemon games are starting to drift from being 'Beginner-friendly'. PMD really challenged me. Did I mention that my party can wipe-out at Pokemon White? ~.~

FFworld?
I guess you can pick Ivalice as a template. I mean, Ivalice is like the most used world among the Final Fantasy worlds. There's FF12, Final Fantasy Tactics series (I don't like FFT for PS), uh... Was any of the other pixel FF based on Ivalice?

Though if you are making a RP of FF, I guess you should be very fluid. Like Dissidia Fluid. That would be cool, but not much if you consider the plot.

By the way, I looked at the etiquette of RPing, and all I can say that all of it is common sense. I've only participated in one, and it was pretty... Um... Uh, yeah. I guess I can't really explain it...

Let's just say it is a bunch of people writing gibberish. Pure chaos.

Some people make it worth while though. Here is a sample.

Spoiler:
If one was to listen to the sounds coming from Mikashuo academy, they would hear curses, weapons clashing, magical spells being thrown and the occasional scream of pain.

Uena Sarae Silvercloud just happens to be in the middle of it. He watched the others fight a Bipedal wolf creature, he heard the commotion on another side of the school, and now he watched two guys unconscious on the floor of the hallway.

One thing did click in his mind though, 'Where are the other wolves?'

He glanced down the hallways and so far they are clear of enemies, besides the ones they are fighting against.

Uena then grabbed Hideki, passed him the Mayakashi which he grabbed from Atora before he decided to go Emo, and approached the injured boy, hoping that Hideki knows what he is trying to say. "Protect us."

He kicked his side with one foot, partially to check on his condition and the other for revenge. After shivering from the 'squelch' sound and watching blood ooze on the tiles, he lifted him up and dropped him unceremoniously on his back leaning against the wall.

"Now, what to do with you?"

~ ~ ~ ~

John hit his head harder than he thought. It could be attributed to having three people fall on top of him, but he couldn't blame any one of them. It was his fault in the first place. If only he'd been stronger.

He didn't know how long he was out, but when he opened his eyes, he wondered if his eyes were sore, seeing as the view was a sight well fitting for it.

Atora was... in bad shape. Okay, that was a litote. He had a freaking bone saying hi to the evening-like morning air. Uena, bless him, had the nerve to kick the poor guy, who was visibly pained, but was somehow holding it back anyway. The other one, whom he had yet to name, stood there wide-eyed as Girly Sadist Guy handed him... air? Well, if he handed him anything at all, he didn't see it.

Uena's mouth moved... and that was when he realized that he wasn't hearing anything. He tried to move, but even that turned out to be harder of a chore than he had thought. In fact, his left arm didn't respond at all. Probably dislocated. A good sign, really. Now, he neither had the strength nor the courage to pop it back in place like those guys in movies, so he scrapped the thought.

Laboring to at least turn his head somehow, he saw that dark!Glow Guy wasn't dark! anymore. In fact, the guy was biting his lip as carefully took each step near the group, as though he was me a few years ago and just a small shock would KO a nearby person.

All in all, the day was going pretty well. What should he get for lunch, he wondered? Maybe some omelette rice with friends would do... not that he had any friends.

So... how do I get up?

Don't get me wrong, the flow is horrible, but it's fun because of the people playing.

Last edited by Rune Alchemist; March 12th, 2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Skymin
the Knight

Vagrant Story is also part of the Ivalice universe says wiki. edit: or was meant to be. i didnt look that hard

FFTactics on PS was GREAT!!! ;~;

Last edited by Skymin; March 12th, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links