The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Eh, I never saw the appeal of using Dive. Logically speaking, it would be impossible to breathe and your clothes would be soaked for hours after you got out, unless you magically put on scuba gear before you use the move. Not to mention that hypothermia would set in and possibly kill you off. But then again, when have the Pokemon games ever been concerned with "logic?"

I just hope the new additions don't include copious amounts of water. The last thing I need is another Hoenn to have to surf through while completely neglecting all Pokemon weak to Water attacks. And I don't care to see a tree house "city" in Unova either.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old March 4th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Railgun

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs

Wait was the game confirmed to even be in Unova? I know its a sequel but sometimes sequels are in a different place. It could be an older region but N is like a teacher or Prof in that region. Not saying its not Unova but not sure it was every stated it is.

Last edited by Railgun; March 4th, 2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyKetchum View Post
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs

Wait was the game confirmed to even be in Unova? I know its a sequel but sometimes sequels are in a different place. It could be an older region but N is like a teacher or Prof in that region. Not saying its not Unova but not sure it was every stated it is.
Well it's pretty much a no-brainer that B2/W2 are going to take place primarily in Unova.. Game Freak, after all, are still at Generation V.

If you're going by "it's never been stated," then it also hasn't been stated that B2/W2 are fifth generation games, that we'll even get any Unova Pokémon, or even if they will be part of the main series at all. They could be spin-offs like Ranger and just feature Kyurem formes on the box art!
But seriously, that would be a nightmare to all Pokémon fans.
Old March 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyKetchum View Post
It annoyed me you could explore all of Unova and not use HMs.
This is my inspiration for a great Idea.

As we travel through Unova for the second time, we expect to find a few new things along the way. The first game did not use HMs at all. What if ALL of the new areas of BW2 are right under our noses, but hidden by HM Moves. We didn't see them the first time around because we never used HMs.

Example: When you surf under Village Bridge, there would be a Dive Point added. This Dive Point goes to a tunnel, which goes to a Brand New Cave to explore and enjoy - and to met rare and exotic Pokemon!
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Eh, but that would require HM slaves again (which I enjoyed not having to worry about in B/W). Now, if they introduced secret caves/buildings not in the original B/W that didn't require HM's to get access to, I wouldn't mind that. Maybe they can call it "development" or "new discoveries" that happened after the events of B/W.

I do like the idea of new areas within Unova itself... there's lots of room to add extra stuff. I'm not so keen about giving up a team slot for a slave or saddling my Pokemon with HMs that are less than adequate in combat. But, if they add a fifth "slot" for HM moves that can be used in the field but not in battle, then the whole HM thing could very well become viable again.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old March 7th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

The one thing that really annoyed me was Castelia City. Based on all the concept art, I thought it would be huge, but it's really not. At least in the scope of the original Black and White. A major expansion on Castelia and placing more importance on it than in B/W is the only thing I could hope for.
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:01 PM
loucas
100% hot

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo1991 View Post
the black boat takes you to union tower which you need to trade via wifi to access.

a good guess i thought of fo this is there will be a new region that consists of 3 islands one for fire, one for ice, and one for electric dont get me wrong but its a good idea
actually, if you have noticed, the black boat was team plasma's, they used it to get to liberty garden, on memeber was in fact guarding it so no one could enter.

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
Old March 8th, 2012, 02:16 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

^ And the rest of them are awful moves; hence why we will never be free of the shackles called HM's. The decent moves keep the HMs from being relegated to a minor role, while the bad moves keep holding the Pokemon back by not allowing them space for better moves.

Back on topic, I'd really like to see that interior part of Unova developed into something besides the bizarre Entralink. Having that big gaping hole that most of the cities surround is just... weird. Maybe make it into a sort of "Inner Unova" where super-strong trainers reside.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Railgun

Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
There was some construction in Unova so maybe they are new bridges or tunnles going to a new area.
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post

Gotta say though, I do still like what they have done with both boxes here. ~ The White 2 looks better than it did in the scan.
The 2 in Black's Box art is Blue(Sapphire) and in white is Red(Ruby)
Well .. i might not be surprised if there would be return to hoenn
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusolaifdfer View Post
The 2 in Black's Box art is Blue(Sapphire) and in white is Red(Ruby)
Well .. i might not be surprised if there would be return to hoenn
Wishful thinking, but I doubt it~

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:41 PM
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

well .. yea maybe they would make Ruby/Sapphire remakes a different game like they did to every other .... can't say
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Keyaki

Quote:
well .. yea maybe they would make Ruby/Sapphire remakes a different game like they did to every other .... can't say
Probably, seeing as Hoenn and Unova are completely different and who knows how far away Unova is from Hoenn~

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:48 PM
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

well , now the 2 makes me think about Zekrom and Reshiram 's Signature moves ,that is , Fusion Bolt (BLUE) and Fusion Flare (RED) ... makes sense now
Old March 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Keyaki

Quote:
well , now the 2 makes me think about Zekrom and Reshiram 's Signature moves ,that is , Fusion Bolt (BLUE) and Fusion Flare (RED) ... makes sense now
...I doubt Kanto will make an appearance either~

Old March 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM
yusolaifdfer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyaki View Post
...I doubt Kanto will make an appearance either~
LOL , by RED and BLUE i meant the color of '2' not 'Pokemon RED/BLUE'
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:53 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I think people are looking too far into the colours of the number 2's, they're simply the type colours of the dragons kyurem is copying, Red for fire type, blue for electric type (remember, zekrom produces blue electricity, which is actually the proper colour of the stuff).

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Unova had a lot of un used land in on the map. I think we can see more islands that we can go to. However I do not think we will be going to another region. That would branch off to much into Gen 6. New islands yes. New region or old region. No. But if there is an old region we go to,I hope it is Hoenn.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Trask3000
~Blank Points~

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trask3000
I think in this version you can gain the ability to go to Kanto. There are too many good reasons not to. First Skyla says she goes between the regions specifically Kanto and she says at the epilouge when you go back to her gym she would like to fly with you and she would take you somewhere. Two there is an unused OST in both games where it is labled Kanto Champion theme maybe you can battle Gary or Red from Kanto?

GO Team Victory St★r!!!!!!
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=283659
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:06 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trask3000 View Post
I think in this version you can gain the ability to go to Kanto. There are too many good reasons not to. First Skyla says she goes between the regions specifically Kanto and she says at the epilouge when you go back to her gym she would like to fly with you and she would take you somewhere. Two there is an unused OST in both games where it is labled Kanto Champion theme maybe you can battle Gary or Red from Kanto?
Yeah Skyla could do that. If it wasn't a freaking CARGO plane. That soundtrack isn't unused it is used at VGC.
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:09 AM
kelario27
20% Cooler
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to kelario27
To quote Bulbanews, Nintendo has promised that B2/W2 is going to be an "all new adventure." I think that this means that there will be a region other than Unova and they will cut Unova and the rest of the regions out of the game entirely.
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
An all new adventure doesn't mean no Unova. It could still easily take place in Unova. Just with a new storyline, characters etc...

Last edited by Mew~; March 17th, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

What about a safarie zone? And I never thought of new islands like they did in Firered and leafgreen. I really hope there is a Safarie zone in Unova in Black/White 2. That pokemon types change with season,but mostly stay the same.

But why would there be 2 regions in 1 generation? Unless it is an older region. And why would we go back to Kanto if Kanto was just re realesed in HG and SS. Hoenn seems the best region. It is too early for the others. And I do not know if they can get all 5 regions on 1 card for a normal DS card and they are for DS,Lite,and I
Old March 20th, 2012, 05:36 AM
zidiane

I think I found a weird hint that Hoenn is going to be in the next game. I was replaying Emerald, and in Rustburo, in that church looking building, there's a scientist that says he's working on trying to see pokemon dreams. Like what's her face is doing in Black and White. Coincidence? Old news?
Old March 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Drakes
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidiane View Post
I think I found a weird hint that Hoenn is going to be in the next game. I was replaying Emerald, and in Rustburo, in that church looking building, there's a scientist that says he's working on trying to see pokemon dreams. Like what's her face is doing in Black and White. Coincidence? Old news?
im going back and playing SS and the original gold. While also playing BW for the first time. So i'll try my best to find hints.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links