The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 20th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
About Ridley...
His size has varied many times over the games with Super Smash bros. Brawl uysing one of his largest forms. Ridley's smallest size is actually about the size of Bowser so it's possible. I actually really want a playable Ridley as he's my favourate character in the Metroid franchise. Ridley is coming out in the top 5 in most polls about newcomers in SSB4 which was how Meta-Knight and Wario got in Brawl so I'm hoping for playable Ridley :D he's almost guarantied, at least, a return as a boss though as, what I think, the most iconic villian in Metroid.
I presume these are top 5 polls on various forums and not Official polls the producers ask for characters. If they can down size then great, I just can't think of anyone else as Iconic to the series as him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Well it seems everyone has the characters picked out. But I would love to see a selected few in the newer SSB game

Krystal (I LOOOOVE her, she was my character in the Star Fox Assault game and only I can be her)

Also a few Mario characters would be awesome:
1) Waluigi
2) Daisy
3) Toad
4) Shadow Mario!!
5) Metal Mario...maybe?

Star Fox members:
Wolf is in SSBB? Sweeeeeet!!
Pepper and Slippy, heck, include all the Star Fox team! Of course, Krystal as I mentioned her earlier

Sonic members:
I saw Sonic was in SSBB, awesome. What about the rest?
Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, etc

I can't remember the rest from this point on..

I need to get Super Smash Bros Brawl....I feel like I'm being left out in the dust!!
1. Completely content with.
2. Seems like a clone of Peach, which they seem to already have the Daisy like colors in Peaches clothes.
3. Take Toad out of Peach moveset, it would seem weird to have Toad playable and as a move. Too me Toads don't stand out any more then any other mass character i.e. Goomba, Koopas, Hammer Bros, etc.
4. Shadow Mario is essentially Bowser Jr. so it would make more sense at least to me to add Bowser Jr. to the roster.
5. Use Metal item and you have metal Mario. Not need to waste a slot on Metal Mario when the move set would probably be a virtual clone. Not to mention more viable option imo with Paper Mario.

As far as the rest, the Sonic franchise just wanted to get its foot in the door. Not to mention the 3rd Party status it and Metal Gear Solid have.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Characters
Heres a list of Characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
yes, Krystal gets the Arbok seal of approval. Slippy would also be awesome (I'd actually prefer him to Falco who seems a Fox clone to me).

Mario characters, whilst I love Waluigi in a weird way and at first was disapointed he didn't make the Brawl Player Characters I can't see what he'd bring. When you've got Mario, Luigi and Wario who are all more iconic then Waluigi I don't see why another character should be denied for him. The same goes for Daisy being so much like Peach and all the Mario versions. I think that stuff would be better reflected in skins or something for characters.
I think the best Mario characters to add would either be Toad or Bowser jr.

Also I just remembered, Meowth in SSB4 anyone? He's certainly more recognised then Lucario.
I concur which is why I am a little hesitant when it comes to Waluigi. If they added another unique character then they could give it a completely new moveset.

Meowth may be more recognized but it seems highly doubt. Zoroark seems to be the logical replacement. I think they would have included Meowth by now if they were going to do it. Personally I always felt he should have been in 64 over Jigglypuff. And if he ever was in there I hope that's who he replaced(although first 12 will probably not get replaced).

Quote:

I see what you mean, but I always thought 'The More, The Better' in these games to be honest. Bowser Jr would be a good one!

Honestly

Unlike the Adventure Mode in Melee, I always wanted an specific adventure mode for each character. Like I guess some would be similar stories, but the Boss would reflect the characters you choose. Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi to face Bowser or...Giga Bowser? Fox for Android? Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Meowth for...Mewtwo/Lucario or maybe even....Arceus? (Mewtwo/Jigglypuff is in Brawl too right?) Link/Zelda for Gangdolf(idk how to spell his name lol)

Then works the other way around for being Bowser for Mario/Luigi, etc and Wolf to face Falco/Fox, etc. And the Ice Climbers/Mr Game and Watch would just simply face the Master Hand and/or Crazy Hand or whatever else they added...since they aren't popular or something?

That's just me dreaming though right? LOL
I dunno if we could gear a story mode to every character or every few. If we did that would be great. But I personally found Subspace Emissary quite entertaining. So if they could build upon that I'd be conent.

Quote:
Petey Piranha!! King Boo....my favorite in Mario Kart Double Dash back in the days haha

Anyway, Mewtwo was easily my second favorite character to Fox McCloud. I'm disappointed now Are there still Pokeballs as items? Is Mewtwo in those or still a trophy or is he just flat out gone from Super Smash Bros for good?
Pokeballs are still items. Seems they haven't included Mewtwo. But apparently he was planned to be a playable character in Brawl. I know a lot of people want Mewtwo back and I can understand why. Too say him and Lucario are clones seems a bit of a stretch. Only thing similar is Shadow Ball to Aura Sphere.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old February 21st, 2012, 05:27 AM
Ctrl.Alt.Geak
Swords Master

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Birdo would be fun, I would just picture the Egg Projectiles now. The only thing I am thinking is that is Birdo more popular then other choices such as Toad, Fawful, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Daisy, Rosalina. Not to say Birdo is popular with all the appearances outside of Mario Bros 2 she made. He was the main boss and needs so more love. Although it is highly unlikely he is a Rep. Paper Mario has been thrown around a lot as well, I don't know about him though he may just become another Dr. Mario. Dry Bowser would be interesting to see, although would he be a clone of Boswer is the real question as well as if he is a worthwhile rep.
I'm pretty certain, compared to other characters in the Mario universe, Birdo would not be the one they choose to add, you are correct there. My list was more of a 'wishlist' really.

Quote:
I don't follow Mother, but I assume like Lucas Nienten has moves Ness does not have? If so I'd be content if Mother had 3 reps.
Ninten does have different moves to both Lucas and Ness, to be honest though, most of them are just healing moves but I think it'd be slightly more likely (though still unlikely) that they would add Ninten and chop and change some of his moves over the secondary characters like Loid and Jeff (its just an assumption though based off the idea that Ness definately has different moves in SSB compared to his moves in Earthbound)...but again I know there is no way would they bother giving Mother/Earthbound another rep.
In reality, I'll just be happy if they keep Ness and Lucas.

Last edited by Ctrl.Alt.Geak; February 21st, 2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Quote:
Petey Piranha!! King Boo....my favorite in Mario Kart Double Dash back in the days haha

Anyway, Mewtwo was easily my second favorite character to Fox McCloud. I'm disappointed now Are there still Pokeballs as items? Is Mewtwo in those or still a trophy or is he just flat out gone from Super Smash Bros for good?
As I said he had the same moveset and style to Lucario, I'd prefer Mewtwo though...
Yeah there's still pokeballs to throw and hope you get a good one like Groundon not Goldeen who just uses splash (should of used Magikarp). Mewtwo's only ingame appearance is as a trophy for defeating all starr mode on intense dificulty.

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old February 21st, 2012, 10:22 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

http://twitter.com/#!/Sora_Sakurai/s...90272433356800
Apparently Sakurai is in the final stages of dealing with Kid Icarus: Uprising and is about to shift his attention to Smash Bros. Hopefully we get the ball rolling soon.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:07 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
On the subject of Kid Icarus: Pit was, in my opinion, one of the most unusable characters in the game - he was incapable of landing a solid hit that was worth a damn. How he has his own game series I'll never know lol.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I personally found Pit quite usefully. On the other hand Ganondorf seems pretty unusable do to how long his attacks and mobility overall is. KI Uprising seems pretty solid 3DS game so I can see how he has his own series.

Been awhile since anything was discussed here... So here's a new topic.

What new series or new character from recent years would you like to see?

From lurking around gamefaqs SSB IV boards a lot of people seem to like Shulk from Xenoblade. Not that I played the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing him.

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
Oh sweet, Smash Brothers! I'm interested in joining!

Your Username: Game Over1375, but I ask that everyone just calls me Game.

How did you start playing Smash Bros?
When did the original on the N64 come out? Yeah... I started on the day it came out. XD

Any thoughts/opinions about it?
I love Super Smash Bros. My favorite game was Melee, but I do recognize Brawl as a great game to the series. My only problem was that it did away with so many great things that were in Melee.

What strategies/characters do you use when playing?
My favorite characters in Melee were Young Link, Mario, Kirby, and Bowser, and my strategies would be based on the characters. Favorite characters in Brawl are Toon Link, Luigi, Kirby, and Bowser.

What is your opinion on the new SSB game coming?
Don't really know enough to have a good opinion. I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome though.

Which characters would you like to see in SSB4?
Hm... That's a toughie. Tails is someone I would love to see. Although I doubt it'll happen, it would be AMAZING to see Giygas (Mother 1 and 2) in the next game in some way. Oh, Bower Jr. too. That would be sweet. WAIT!!!! Hold the presses. Geno. 'Nuff said.

There's really only one I can think of, and that's Midna.
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Johnnikles
Blarghhh

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Johnnikles Send a message via Skype™ to Johnnikles
Well, I'm new to the forum. Hopefully I can still join. XD

How did you start playing Super Smash Bros?
x I've been a fan since the original. I remember seeing Mario and Link on the cover and couldn't resist it. Lol.

x I'm obsessed with Brawl. Avid player since it came out.

x I'm one of the few, the proud, the Ness players. I always play defensively in video games, and Ness is the single most defensive character in Brawl. PSI Magnet, ftw! Takes a lot of close watching, though, but it's not rare to get out of a fight without losing a life if you go about it right. PSI Fire has a lot of defense capabilities and is absolutely wonderful for setting up combos. Fire, then use Ness' overpowered grab or just keep spamming out more fires. Then there's Thunder. Inconvenient at times, yes, but it does such immense % damage to be able to control. Same goes for Flash (AKA PK FROSH!), although it's a bit more difficult to get in all stealthy like. I usually try to capture them trying to recover from edges with it.

x We need some Paula, Jeff, and Poo IMO (from Earthbound/MOTHER).

x I would not like to see Marth. I know that. Too much Ness pwnage from his OP self.
Old March 13th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

I'm not sure this counts as recent because he's been around for quite a while, but I figure he's in recent games so it works. I'd love to see Waluigi as a playable character. I think he would be like a more useful version of Luigi lol.

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
I'd like to join please :D
Your username: AlexOzzyCake

My favourite character to use is Ike. I use him literally every single time. His powerful attacks still manage to carry some speed and his special attacks are the best! Plus his hair and cape are just awesome. <3

Quote:
Hmm, interesting question... I think I'd like to see Scraggy as a new Pokemon based contestant! I'd also like to see Lakitu or Koopa Troopa get some action in Brawl - how cute would it be to play as them? x]
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:36 PM
The Void
Legendary Dragon Master

Nature: Calm
Yayz new members *adds them all*
Thanks for joining everyone and I hope you enjoy it here >.<

I also just trained two days ago with Lucario against the usual level 9 AI's (level 8 and below are kinda too easy to beat for me), which just reminds me of something I read about Level 9's "responding" to every button we press. For example if we press A from a far place they can't reach us, they'll shield themselves even if they're not being attacked. Any thoughts on this? xD

Quote:
Probably a Gen V Pokemon to replace Lucario or something, like Victini... it'd also probably be a good idea to add a few more Fire Emblem characters xD
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Over1375 View Post
Oh sweet, Smash Brothers! I'm interested in joining!

Your Username: Game Over1375, but I ask that everyone just calls me Game.

How did you start playing Smash Bros?
When did the original on the N64 come out? Yeah... I started on the day it came out. XD

I love Super Smash Bros. My favorite game was Melee, but I do recognize Brawl as a great game to the series. My only problem was that it did away with so many great things that were in Melee.

My favorite characters in Melee were Young Link, Mario, Kirby, and Bowser, and my strategies would be based on the characters. Favorite characters in Brawl are Toon Link, Luigi, Kirby, and Bowser.

What is your opinion on the new SSB game coming?
Don't really know enough to have a good opinion. I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome though.

Hm... That's a toughie. Tails is someone I would love to see. Although I doubt it'll happen, it would be AMAZING to see Giygas (Mother 1 and 2) in the next game in some way. Oh, Bower Jr. too. That would be sweet. WAIT!!!! Hold the presses. Geno. 'Nuff said.

There's really only one I can think of, and that's Midna.
> It was released world wide 1999.

> Maybe I should have phrased my question a bit better then what I was thinking of at the time. What I meant was a character from a series that isn't already rep so Midna would be LOZ rep

Welcome to the club Gameover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnikles View Post
Well, I'm new to the forum. Hopefully I can still join. XD

How did you start playing Super Smash Bros?
x I've been a fan since the original. I remember seeing Mario and Link on the cover and couldn't resist it. Lol.

x I'm obsessed with Brawl. Avid player since it came out.

x I'm one of the few, the proud, the Ness players. I always play defensively in video games, and Ness is the single most defensive character in Brawl. PSI Magnet, ftw! Takes a lot of close watching, though, but it's not rare to get out of a fight without losing a life if you go about it right. PSI Fire has a lot of defense capabilities and is absolutely wonderful for setting up combos. Fire, then use Ness' overpowered grab or just keep spamming out more fires. Then there's Thunder. Inconvenient at times, yes, but it does such immense % damage to be able to control. Same goes for Flash (AKA PK FROSH!), although it's a bit more difficult to get in all stealthy like. I usually try to capture them trying to recover from edges with it.

x We need some Paula, Jeff, and Poo IMO (from Earthbound/MOTHER).

x I would not like to see Marth. I know that. Too much Ness pwnage from his OP self.
Regardless if Marth leaves which he won't you will still have stealthy sword based characters and probably more stealthy Fire Emblem Lords like Lyn as she was in the assist trophy or another one I am familiar with is Ephaim(although he uses lances). Not to mention That didn't really answer the question

Welcome to the Club Johnnikles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post

I'm not sure this counts as recent because he's been around for quite a while, but I figure he's in recent games so it works. I'd love to see Waluigi as a playable character. I think he would be like a more useful version of Luigi lol.
Eh I dunno if Mario 64 Tennis is what I would consider fairly new since his debut was 2000. Also as said earlier I'd consider him a Mario rep. I'd be a little more high on the bandwagon if he actually was in a Mario game that wasn't a spin off. But Waluigi always struck me as pretty badass which is why I always used him on Mario Party. Luigi does seem pretty useless, just about as much as Mario. Luigi final smash seems about as useful as DKs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I'd like to join please :D
Your username: AlexOzzyCake

My favourite character to use is Ike. I use him literally every single time. His powerful attacks still manage to carry some speed and his special attacks are the best! Plus his hair and cape are just awesome. <3

Hmm, interesting question... I think I'd like to see Scraggy as a new Pokemon based contestant! I'd also like to see Lakitu or Koopa Troopa get some action in Brawl - how cute would it be to play as them? x]
Welcome to the club Alex. Ike is pretty awesome, although I am sad he replaced Roy although I can see why since he was in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn whereas Roy was only a playable character Fuin no Tsurugi, should have had Sigurd, Eliwood, or Hector in Melee instead... but oh well.

Scraggy seems unlikely behind Zoroark and Victini. At the very most he may be a pokeball. Not to mention a lot of people are pushing for Mewtwo return. Maybe even pokemon co. with the Mewtwo merchandise lately and the Mewtwo event over wifi. I would like to see their return as generic enemies, but I'd much rather see Waluigi, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., or even Toad. Or even a more obscure character Wart from Super Mario Bros. II.

Old March 13th, 2012, 08:19 PM
d4rka8isz
Is Confused.

Nature: Gentle
I've been thinking that it would be just amazing if Shonen Jump decided to give their characters to HAL Labratories. I would really like to use Ichigo or Luffy. I have played Jump! Super Stars, but it's not as good as SSB.

Challenges in progress:
Monotype Rock
Boldore Lv. 33 Dwebble Lv. 32 Tirtouga Lv. 32
I need to update faster...
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Has anybody heard anything noteworthy about Smash Bros for 3DS? I saw the other day that it was available for preorder when I went to preorder Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. I was going to preorder it while I was there but I decided I'd leave it for now since there wasn't even cover art on the box yet so I feel like its still a while away (though it said "Coming 2012!")

I'm unsure of how good it would be with 3DS controls and small screen, but then again I was pleasantly surprised by Tekken on 3DS so my skepticism may be unnecessary!

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

All I've heard or seen about it is that it was a possibility, and now that it has been officially announced. I don't think there is any more info at the moment apart from a possibility of Capcom characters.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old April 13th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

I could go and Google this, but that would be a lot of effort and we need discussion here anyway, so I'll ask haha - what are Capcom characters?

EDIT: OK what the hell. I just Googled it because I have no self-control and I found... well, lets just say I hope that isn't true. Ace Attorney characters? I get annoyed enough just seeing people post Ace Attorney gifs here on PC, let alone having them in my Smash Bros game! And Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Street Fighter?

Those characters would ruin the game - they are far too removed from the Nintendo characters that make the game what we know and love.

Last edited by Catholic Nun; April 13th, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Only Capcom character I would want is Megaman or X. Otherwise, crapcom can just not have a rep for all I care.

And a pre-order this early? When the developement just started pretty much after the release of Uprising.

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:05 PM
The Void
Legendary Dragon Master

Nature: Calm
I think it would look kinda weird if Capcom characters were included lol (with the exception of Megaman ofc)... but then again there's Sonic... xD
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Game Over1375
Hito-Shura is awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Game Over1375
Capcom characters?

*thinks Mario vs. Megaman vs. Sonic and then begins drooling*

Good Lord have mercy upon me... That would be a dream come true! *fanboy squeel* Although it could just be a rumor. Here's hoping it happens! (FYI, Capcom has worked with Nintendo on devoloping five different Zelda games, The Oracle games, the GBA remake of A Link to the Past, Four Swords, and The Minish Cap. I certainly think Capcom getting involved in the development of SSB 3DS somehow is possible.)
ShinyDiamond (Karate Bro)
PkMnTrainerYellow (Improbable Daughter)
Mr. Mammoth (Mammoth Gentleman Son)

Hey everybody! Once a week, I will change my avatar to a video game character(s). If you have any suggestions, PM me. My current avi is of Hito-Shura from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne! It was suggested by TornZero. Someone better suggest the Space Core from Portal 2.
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Quote:
And a pre-order this early? When the developement just started pretty much after the release of Uprising.
How long has it been since the release of Uprising? It definitely said 'Coming 2012', so it looks like development is moving faster than anticipated!

On the subject of Capcom, if what Game Over says is right then that might not be so terrible - but I swear to God if one Street Fighter character joins I might just ragequit lol.

Old April 14th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

I think that their plan will be just Megaman IF they are given permission. All I read were that they were talking to CapCom, nothing official yet.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
How long has it been since the release of Uprising? It definitely said 'Coming 2012', so it looks like development is moving faster than anticipated!

On the subject of Capcom, if what Game Over says is right then that might not be so terrible - but I swear to God if one Street Fighter character joins I might just ragequit lol.
It was released March 23rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
I think that their plan will be just Megaman IF they are given permission. All I read were that they were talking to CapCom, nothing official yet.
It is more on Capcom to allow it then anything which I am worried about, considering the recent handling of Megaman franchise.

Hopefully if the development is fast we get a short trailer at E3 and they update and re-open Smash Dojo.

Old April 17th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Nina Dobrev

Nature: Naughty
So I was reading and getting up to speed. Capcom characters? I have no idea...why not just make them fighting games like that DC Universe vs Mortal Kombat one. I highly disagree with any capcom be involved. Megaman would be a good addition because of who he is, and Sonic was a must added for a while (wanted him in before Melee was announced, etc). We can only hope and disappoint.
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

I decided to stop being lazy and actually go looking for news on the 3DS game myself, but I found nothing. I did, however, find this article that I can't believe we all missed lmao.

SUPER SMASH BRONIES!

Seriously how did we all miss that haha

Old April 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Nina Dobrev

Nature: Naughty
So I was just thinking. Since Sonic made its appearance and some want the likes of Shadow, Megaman, how does people feel if Pacman were to be introduced? I think I'd like to see Pacman, definitely would bring in a brand new taste, in my opinion.

Sponsored Links