• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Bringing back Reputation points?

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
It comes up now and again, and it hasn't actually been that long ago that we last spoke of it. I was asked to bring it up, so here is. I'll withhold my opinion for now.

Some seem to think that bringing back user rep is an awesome idea.

What say you, fellow staffers?

Please try not to bite each others heads off.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd love rep to come back. Give post comments more of a use? God yes.

Plus... numbers. Who doesn't like higher numbers? :x

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Yes. I had a crapload of positive points all my friends gave me for no reason and I'd like to see them back! Please please please!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Rep is the satanic spawn of VBulletin. It should never touch our community ever again.

You only dislike rep because you never got any from your friends, lol. Noob.

Years
Just incase you didn't get it the first time...

captions03211.jpg

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
For once Went's position is useful. He outranks you. He can vote to bring it back, you guys can't. So even though you don't want it, too bad, it'll probably come back. :3

Years
Oh hell yes. Rep brought so much needed competition and activity here in PC. I still remember the days of Multiple Green blocks and the feeling of low class I had during the time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I for once don't care because I wasn't really around when it was around. I don't particularly care for all these stories about how they're horrible and biased and yadda yadda. The whole damn world is biased and you don't see it getting blown up yet.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Dude, you people really are egotistical. Whatever, as long as reputation isn't harming anyone I have no issues with it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
As en ex-S-Mod and Führer of PokéCommunity, here are some animated gifs that express my feelings towards the return of reputation:

Spoiler:

They go a way to express my disgust if this putrid system comes back.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
That Homestuck GIF stuck in the middle of Mr Cat Dog's post makes me inclined to automatically agree with him. xD

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Dude, you people really are egotistical. Whatever, as long as reputation isn't harming anyone I have no issues with it.
Ha haha hahahhahah ahahhahahah ooooh, I love how you're the person telling us we're egoistical. Go check your username and rank, and then proceedingly take a look at your join date, then come back and tell us that we're egoistical again. To be honest, it wouldn't suprise me if you were blackmailing Steve in one way or another, just so you could get that power for whatever reason you have.

As for rep, no thanks.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
All joking aside, my stance honestly hasn't changed since it was taken away last time. I think a positive reputation only system would work nicely; all the drama arises from people down-repping each other (aside from the one or two people here and there who constantly up-vote each other, and that could easily be solved with an infraction or just implementing some sort of limit on how many times you can up-rep someone each week).

Back