The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 9th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarambh View Post
how do i introduce myself
Click this link and then you'll be making a new thread in New Users/Welcome. Come up with a title, and something to post - so for example include why you joined this forum, a bit about yourself/your general interests, just so the community can get to know you a bit better than they would've if you didn't make an introduction thread. :3
Old March 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
mineox100
Hey.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
What are claims? And where can I find the thread to claim Pokemon and all of that?
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
They're just vanity lists of things you like the most, essentially.
Pokémon claims are here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248874
Everything else is in the respective thread in Japanese Entertainment and Culture & Media in a big thread. If it's Japanese, it goes in the Japanese claim thread, if it's anything else (including any Korean and other Asian cultures), it goes in Culture & Media's claim thread.
Old March 15th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
Do user notes disappear after awhile? I had a whopping two, but now I have a more understandable amount of zero! :(
I'm having non-stop forum problems today.
Old March 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
No, they were deleted for an unrelated reason.
Old March 15th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Cello
Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
No, they were deleted for an unrelated reason.
I had a hunch that somebody deleted them, which is weird, but oh well. :S
Thanks for helping nonetheless.
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Okay, let's say that I'm making a form of Journal for Pokemon Brown, but from the character's perspective. Actually, wait- that's exactly what I'm doing. (Playing using a DS, no cheats here!)

Where am I meant to post such a thread? [Being gone for 9 months or so is a horrible thing in that you don't remember anything]
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Kinda like a Let's Play? There is a section/subforum for such in the Video Games section.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:46 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

I feel like a dumbass right now. Thanks, TF.
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Darkness
There is that option in the profile to put a video from youtube, how you do it,I tried but it always just not showing?!
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Darkness View Post
There is that option in the profile to put a video from youtube, how you do it,I tried but it always just not showing?!
Have you selected the "Swap video with profile picture" option just below the place where you put in the video?
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Zero Darkness
The Cripple Who Is Whole

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Darkness
I tried with it and without it nothing happens
"There are two types of fights. Whenever we are in battle, we must be one of the two. The fight for life or…the fight for pride! Right now…He is fighting for his pride! His wife’s pride…his men's pride…Most importantly…his own personal pride. Dismiss this as his stubbornness…and let him fight alone like this…" -Jushiro Ukitake, Bleach-

"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!" -Ichigo Kurosaki, Bleach-
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:30 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

The thing is, you just need the part after v= in the URL. We'll use the link below as an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVxPmuQqjBY

See the URL? Notice how there's a part after the "v="? That tells it what video to look up on YouTube.

You copy everything after the "v=", and then paste it in the box for the YouTube video. Then you type "v/" in front of the text you just pasted in, and it should work properly.

So, for the video I linked, you'd need "v/gVxPmuQqjBY" in the YouTube video box.
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Cello
Tonight!

Out of curiosity, what in the world is up with the [size="a"] BBcode in some member's posts?
It's appearing in every one of their posts, so I imagine it has something to do with their auto-format settings in their user options, but "a" isn't really an option last time I checked. :o
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:09 AM
shenanigans
hear me roar

I think it's a glitch in the PC mobile app.
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
The PC app is the one that causes those codes to appear. Whenever someone makes a post from the app, it automatically generates those weird BBcodes. It can be fixed just by editing the post though. :/

edit: Leafy beat me. haha.

CHASE ELLIOTT
enjoyillinois.com 300 winner | chicago, illinois | july 19, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Old March 31st, 2012, 12:04 AM
Scuki
Trainer

I have a question, what is the difference between quick reply and post reply? also, do i get notified when someone replies on one of my threads?
Old March 31st, 2012, 12:33 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

A quick reply has a watered down editor. Post Reply takes you to another page where you can title your reply, check boxes to enable/disable smilies, display signature, upload attachments and do other cool stuff with your post.

You can see if someone replies to your thread by susbscribing to it. You can do that either by clicking the thread options drop down box at the top of every thread and subscribing that way or you can set it to subscribe to all threads by changing the option in the posting and messaging part of this page.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old March 31st, 2012, 01:23 AM
Scuki
Trainer

I know this might be a dumb question, but how can i delete my thread ? Also is it correct to reply with post reply or with quick reply? what's the difference.... Also how can I be notified when someone for example post something on this thread or other threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post
A quick reply has a watered down editor. Post Reply takes you to another page where you can title your reply, check boxes to enable/disable smilies, display signature, upload attachments and do other cool stuff with your post.

You can see if someone replies to your thread by susbscribing to it. You can do that either by clicking the thread options drop down box at the top of every thread and subscribing that way or you can set it to subscribe to all threads by changing the option in the posting and messaging part of this page.

Oh okay, I just saw the answer after I posted a reply again XD ahah sorry if i double posted... I need to get used to this... First time in a forum... How can i delete my replied post/thread

Last edited by Scuki; March 31st, 2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:28 AM
shenanigans
hear me roar

You can't delete your own threads, but you can ask a moderator to do it for you if you've got a really good reason. Likelihood is, though, that they'll only close it and not delete it. We usually only delete offensive or advertising threads. You can delete a post, though, by going to edit your post and clicking "Delete" at the bottom of the box that appears.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:34 AM
Scuki
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
You can't delete your own threads, but you can ask a moderator to do it for you if you've got a really good reason. Likelihood is, though, that they'll only close it and not delete it. We usually only delete offensive or advertising threads. You can delete a post, though, by going to edit your post and clicking "Delete" at the bottom of the box that appears.
Oh okay =) Thanks for the info. I posted some threads in the wrong forums that's why... Now it's all over the place XD Btw, No email notification, does that mean i get notified on my PC or i won't? Sorry for so many questions... i hope you understand XD
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:38 AM
shenanigans
hear me roar

Oh right. You could always report your own threads and say in the report that you need them to be moved.

If you pick "No Email Notification", your User CP will tell you when a thread has been replied to but the forum will not send you an email about it.

Don't worry about all the questions lol.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:48 AM
Scuki
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
Oh right. You could always report your own threads and say in the report that you need them to be moved.

If you pick "No Email Notification", your User CP will tell you when a thread has been replied to but the forum will not send you an email about it.

Don't worry about all the questions lol.
Oh thank you very much =D ahah Time to enjoy PC.. Just wanna say that it's well made =)

[SIZE="a"]I am using the Pc app and i got a question there. There are red or green speech bubbles next to a thread. What's the difference?[/SIZE]

Last edited by Scuki; March 31st, 2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:59 PM
Scuki
Trainer

I always use the Spring sinnoh style but suddenly it went default and can't change it anymore.. What happened?
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:00 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Check the day of the year.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links