The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2012 (05:51 PM).
EliteNeutrono37
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Quiet
Hello, my fellow PoCo's! Neutrono here with an interesting topic. Throughout the Pokemon series, there have been multiple instances where a Pokemon had to be strengthened in order to keep up with new innovations to future games. There have also been instances where a Pokemon was added to the Pokedex, it was flat-out terrible, and nobody fixed it or powered it up. Who, in your opinion, are the Pokemon who are too strong or too weak from any games? What instances do you know of where a Pokemon had to be weakened or strengthened?

For example (I'm gonna go old-school for a moment), in Pokemon Crystal, Dunsparce was a terrible Pokemon to have. However, in the later games, Dunsparce became slightly better with the addition of new moves and abilities. But once again, its stats were abysmal.

A more recent example is the newest Pokemon from Black/White: Alomomola. At first, I thought it would have been a strong Pokemon, considering it could learn decent Water and Fighting moves. From that, I realized that Alomomola was really underpowered, and I associated it with the OTHER incredibly useless Water type (*coughcoughLuvdisccoughcough*).

So there's my two cents. Now give me your opinions!
Old March 4th, 2012 (07:52 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Here are a couple good examples of underpowered Pokemon: Wigglytuff and Clefable. Even though their offensive movepools are massive, they don't have the right stats to (ab)use them very well.

Old March 4th, 2012 (08:30 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
Moving to Pokemon General since this is about Pokemon, not the games. PS: Don't ever use the term "PoCo's" again.
Old March 17th, 2012 (04:23 AM).
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
Dunsparce and Stunfisk are underpowered they don't seem to be that worthwhile to train

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old March 17th, 2012 (07:57 AM).
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
Meganium is a really underpowered Pokémon. It has terrible moves and it's just overall not as good as its fellow starters. And there are PLENTY overpowered Pokémon, for instance Haxorus, which just about OHKO's everything bar steels.

team super cotton ×
Old March 17th, 2012 (08:53 AM).
HyunJae
Unhatched Egg

Overpowered Pokemon:
Gengar
Porygon-Z
Dragonite
Salamence
Metagross
Infernape
Lucario
Garchomp
Those are the ones that i know
Old March 17th, 2012 (07:23 PM).
AvoKitty
Beginning Trainer

All i recklon is underpowered is Magikarp,until it evolves that is
Old April 9th, 2013 (04:53 AM).
Ehab
Unhatched Egg

onix is so underpowered....it's a GIANT ROCK SNAKE THING... that came out wrong
Old April 12th, 2013 (01:11 PM).
Pacifist
Its a Destiny

I think that Raticate is really underpowered
Old April 12th, 2013 (01:50 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Regional rodents, regional birds (excluding Staraptor), early route bugs, gimmick Pokemon (excluding Deerling), and Pikachu clones are severely underpowered, whereas the majority of Pokemon in OU (Conkeldurr, Scizor, Infernape, etc.) are severely overpowered.
Old April 12th, 2013 (05:43 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Ahh this is about a year old. Why do people revive threads so old? The world may never know.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links