The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:50 AM
AustinWolff
has left

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Life of Guardians deserves special recognition. If you don't think so, then you simply haven't played it.
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:17 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Okay, Snakewwod isn't the best when comes to "Graphic Appeal" and its tiles...but didn't care for none of that when what matted most to the Cutlerine was the story. He did a damn fine job telling a story rather than the standard fare in a Pokemon game that so many other hacks try to do. In my opinion, it deserves to be right up there for contention for Hack of the Year with Life of Guardians and Light Platinum.

Light Platinum..well, the first half got me really engaged, but not for its story. After the first half of the game was done...I felt there's nothing else. The story felt so dragged on afterwards, it kept me from finishing it. The 'story' it was trying to tell was so common and not worthwhile to me that it became an afterthought. Plus, there is some straight laziness in the second half of the game, auch as drones of trainers to battle and whatnot... What got me hooked was its graphical presentation - I mean wow that game looked beautiful.

Onto Life of Guardians....my word what a journey it has been. The game's region felt the most' realistic to me in how the creator, to me, used the land, seas and the geograohy to tell the story. Not to mention it gave me characters that I actually liked to engage in...it was beautifully done, and sad to see the story end.

I'm not so morbid about it as others, as I only see three viable contenders for Hack of the Year to be honest. In fact, I'm happy about the top three; I feel that having these three makes it more of a closer choice between hacks that deserve the title than 6 or 7. plus, it makes it tougher for myself to choose from.

Oh and completely seperate from what I posted above, ah Flora Sky....sorry, but something about you just didn't click with me in being fun...
Old January 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
TheChaosBlue

Not to distance from the topic at hand, but how long it takes to announce the Hack of the Year? If this question is not to be asked or if I have not seen where the the announcement takes place, my apoligies.
Old January 10th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Starchomp
Avid Gambler

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Not to distance from the topic at hand, but how long it takes to announce the Hack of the Year? If this question is not to be asked or if I have not seen where the the announcement takes place, my apoligies.
It takes a little longer than you might think because they have to make the awards for the winners to put in their threads.
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
TheChaosBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchomp View Post
It takes a little longer than you might think because they have to make the awards for the winners to put in their threads.
Ah, I see then...thanks for that.

Shameless supporting: Woo Life of Guardians....yay.
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:17 PM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
I know the awards have to be made, but is there any particular reason HotY is taking so long to announce this year, compared to other years?

Last edited by chrunch; January 21st, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old January 29th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Any idea when the results will be posted?

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:50 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Hack of the Year is such a joke.

PS. If Snakewood doesn't win I riot.

paired with christos
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:32 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Crap, I should totally be posting in this thread keeping you guys updated. Well, the results have been counted, I know who's win-win and hopefully I can get around to posting the results thread later today. (It IS Mother's Day, slack must be cut). Although again, I apologise to all for the massive delay; hopefully you all understand the circumstances (although even with those in mind, it shouldn't have taken this long to post).

So as I said, results shall hopefully be posted later today/tonight. In the meantime, don't ask me who won, or I'll wait til next year ;)

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here