The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
In emerald, at the offset 0x611C9A, there's a table with 10 entries of 2 bytes (shorts), followed by an FFFF at the end of the table, which marks the pokemon restricted for entry in Battle Tower. To add or remove entries, add the pokemon number reversed in hex, and end the table with FFFF. If you want to remove all the limitations, just write FFFF to the beginning of the table (offset 611C9A).

~Sonic1

My Site (UNDER CONSTRUCTION):

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER
Sou o Dark rayquaza da antiga myutsu.net

My Laptop SPECS:

Credits to Eagledelt for the wonderfull sign :D

Old January 23rd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
I have found the transform animation in FireRed. It's located at 0xDF9BC.
It gets called multiple times, once a frame I believe, during the transformation. Everything is in here, including the pallet loading part which gets the "whited out" pallet, and the part which gets the actual sprite.

Using this routine, we could theoretically create custom transformations, such as Burmy changing into a different forme, or perhaps even in battle evolution.
Old January 26th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Darkdata
15 year old me was an idiot.

Nature: Calm
I have a spreadsheet file that contains a bunch of useful information for those who like to keep organized when scripting. With it, you can quickly reference and grab information in a easy to read format.

Credits for the information are on the last sheet.

Click picture to download
Old January 29th, 2012, 04:43 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I got bored, so I made this. I'll probably add to it as I find out more about NSBMD. Hm, maybe not.
Spoiler:
List of Material IDs:
Code:
Twinleaf Town:
	0x0 - Bottom part of leaves. Maybe stumps too? (ID: conttree_b_lm52)
	0x1 - Top of the trees (ID: conttree_t_lm52)
	0x2 - Doorstop (ID: hage_lm27) Oh you, Game Freak…^^
	0x3 - Fence (ID: imped_lm51)
	0x4 - Water - PURE water ^^ (ID: lake_lm34)
	0x5 - Water approaching shore. (ID: lakep_lm3)
	0x6 - Your average, everyday neatly mowed grass. (ID: ngrass_lm42)
	0x7 - Flowers. (ID: nhana_lm59)
	0x8 - Main dirt…or "sand". (ID: nsand_lm52)
	0x9 - Dirt fringes - or "curb". (ID: nsandp_lm70)
	0xA - Puddle apparently… (ID: puddle_b_lm8)
	0xB - Jump-into-sea ledge, e.g. where you select SURF. (ID: seaside3_lm55)
	0xC - A NORMAL freaking tree… (ID: tree01_lm48)
	0xD - Forest Floor. I don't even care. (ID: tshadow_lm13)
List of Polygon IDs:
Code:
Twinleaf Town:
	0x0 - *Almost* every tree in town.
	0x1 - Flowers.
	0x2 - Fence surrounding flowers.
	0x3 - Dirt fringes.
	0x4 - Main dirt path.
	0x5 - Door-mat tile.
	0x6 - Select SURF here. Water's edge. I dunno how to explain clearer.
	0x7 - The bottom of the trees, and the stumps? (southeastern corner)
	0x8 - The tops of the trees of 0x7. WTH
	0x9 - All the grass in this little town.
	0xA - Forest Floor.
	0xB - Edge of Pond.
	0xC - Inside of Pond.
	0xD - Essence of Pond? I don't know.

Last edited by droomph; January 29th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:25 PM
redriders180
Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Complete Edit: I decided to delete my previous post, and ask something else instead
Oh wow, you guys are quite a few calibers above me...I feel sort of insignificant, but I guess I'll post my ideas.

Anyway, I'd like to implement a very dynamic script in my game...Basically, I wanted to allow myself to release events for my game. But instead of being limited to whatever I choose at the time, and avoiding releasing a new patch every time I wanted to do an event, I decided to make a spot in my game with a person that asks for a series of codes. These codes would be released by me, and the script would take the codes hex values, arrange them as necessary, do some checks to make sure the player isn't just mashing buttons, and "build" a completely custom Pokemon. This would allow me to easily decide an event, calculate the code, and release it in a post.

But my problem is that I need a keyboard to pop up, in order to enter the code. I've decided on two approaches:

The easy way would be to edit the mail input to take easy chat words and convert them into code. This would be good, since there are so many words, and I assume each is a byte value. But it's somewhat unprofessional.

The hard way would be to recreate the "nickname" keyboard. I wouldn't know whats involved, but I know emerald has one for Walda...could we port it over.

Aw man, I made my post immensely long for no reason again ._. Sorry, and thanks for the help!

Thank you for hatching the eggs!
Please view these dragons! Just click them and you're done!
If you don't help them grow up, they'll die...

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:02 PM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redriders180 View Post
Complete Edit: I decided to delete my previous post, and ask something else instead
Oh wow, you guys are quite a few calibers above me...I feel sort of insignificant, but I guess I'll post my ideas.

Anyway, I'd like to implement a very dynamic script in my game...Basically, I wanted to allow myself to release events for my game. But instead of being limited to whatever I choose at the time, and avoiding releasing a new patch every time I wanted to do an event, I decided to make a spot in my game with a person that asks for a series of codes. These codes would be released by me, and the script would take the codes hex values, arrange them as necessary, do some checks to make sure the player isn't just mashing buttons, and "build" a completely custom Pokemon. This would allow me to easily decide an event, calculate the code, and release it in a post.

But my problem is that I need a keyboard to pop up, in order to enter the code. I've decided on two approaches:

The easy way would be to edit the mail input to take easy chat words and convert them into code. This would be good, since there are so many words, and I assume each is a byte value. But it's somewhat unprofessional.

The hard way would be to recreate the "nickname" keyboard. I wouldn't know whats involved, but I know emerald has one for Walda...could we port it over.

Aw man, I made my post immensely long for no reason again ._. Sorry, and thanks for the help!
Well, either way of doing things, if you want to create a completely "custom" pokemon, you're gonna need ASM.
My approach is: why don't you build a system that, when inputting some values in the ram, reads them and does things based on them?
Did you know that VBA's Memory Viewer has the ability of loading hex data into ram offsets? You could create your .raw/.bin files and ask the player to load them manually with vba.

But yeah, thats only an idea i have.

~Sonic1

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER

My Laptop SPECS:

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM
redriders180

Send a message via AIM to redriders180 Send a message via Skype™ to redriders180
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post

Well, either way of doing things, if you want to create a completely "custom" pokemon, you're gonna need ASM.
My approach is: why don't you build a system that, when inputting some values in the ram, reads them and does things based on them?
Did you know that VBA's Memory Viewer has the ability of loading hex data into ram offsets? You could create your .raw/.bin files and ask the player to load them manually with vba.

But yeah, thats only an idea i have.

~Sonic1
I already knew that I'd need ASM, and I do have a plan on making this work...Each letter has a byte value, and I want to make the keyboard thing store a byte value to certain variables (0x8000 to 0x8009 come to mind). The all you need to do is create a certain code, e.g the first two bytes determine pokemon species, etc. etc, put in some checks, and then voila, the Pokemon is created. I've already studied extensively on pokemon data structures, and JPANs hack engine makes it easier...simply give a "base pokemon" (aka Bulbasaur), use the special that "unlocks" the pokemon, and "push" the values from the variables to the corresponding bytes. All I need to make is the keyboard store each letters byte value into a variable.

I realise that simply giving a .raw file would be simple, but I dunno, I kinda want it to look nice, keep it interesting, and make it so even the noobiest of rom hack players could obtain my events, and I'm sure almost everyone can input some codes.

Old March 15th, 2012, 02:19 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
I already knew that I'd need ASM, and I do have a plan on making this work...Each letter has a byte value, and I want to make the keyboard thing store a byte value to certain variables (0x8000 to 0x8009 come to mind). The all you need to do is create a certain code, e.g the first two bytes determine pokemon species, etc. etc, put in some checks, and then voila, the Pokemon is created. I've already studied extensively on pokemon data structures, and JPANs hack engine makes it easier...simply give a "base pokemon" (aka Bulbasaur), use the special that "unlocks" the pokemon, and "push" the values from the variables to the corresponding bytes. All I need to make is the keyboard store each letters byte value into a variable.

I realise that simply giving a .raw file would be simple, but I dunno, I kinda want it to look nice, keep it interesting, and make it so even the noobiest of rom hack players could obtain my events, and I'm sure almost everyone can input some codes.
well, 0x815F9B4+(0x79x4) in FireRed is the pointer to the ASM routine for givepokemon...maybe you could try a little call-with-parameters to that or whatnot?

Also, if you wanna do that keyboard thing, DavidJCobb has a keyboard (of sorts) for variable reading, although it's kinda cumbersome. I think he has a link in his sig or something...

If you know some programming you could set up a small applet online which automatically patches your save file, like a real Event.

Last edited by droomph; March 15th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
You could create your .raw/.bin files and ask the player to load them manually with vba.
There's just one problem with that. What about people that use hardware (ie. A Flashcard) and not VBA?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Quote:
There's just one problem with that. What about people that use hardware (ie. A Flashcard) and not VBA?
Well... Yeah, i admit, it isn't good for those, but you can just do an action replay that overwrites the values in RAM.

Quote:
Well, you know, its fairly easy to use the naming routine (the keyboard thing). Its just calling the routine with 2 parameters plus 2 optional (optinal depending on the type of usage = player, pokemon, box, mail). R0 is type of naming/usage, and R1 is the adress in RAM where the input is gonna be stored! This is a valuable info for you. You can store the adress of the var 8000 there and it will store 10 bytes (max letters) from the initial address onward (thus ending in var 8005, if i'm correct).

But hey, don't try to put everything in just 1 input. Make 3-4 inputs depending on your needs. I doubt 2 bytes are enough to store a pokemon species using the keyboard, because the keyboard doesn't have access to 255 different symbols (ok, what i'm tryin' to explain is a bit hard, and i don't know how to explain it well).

~Sonic1

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER

My Laptop SPECS:

Old March 15th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Magic

I've been fiddling around with special 0xC2 which apparently hatches eggs, to try and create a 'force hatching' scenario.

The special alone (in a script) seems to only work if 'egg' is the only thing in your party. Having 2 eggs in your party - only the first one will hatch. Having any pokemon in your party and a " - hatched from the Egg" message will occur, giving you the option to nickname 'egg' but having no effect.

The normal egg hatching script:

Quote:
#org 0x1BF546
lockall
msgbox 0x81BFB5A MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Huh?"
special 0xC2
waitstate
releaseall
end
I tried using Special2 and set the store variable to 0x2 to see if it could 'select' the correct position for the egg, if it was 2/3rd in the party. However the only change this made was the egg then hatched to ??????, which then got nicknamed, but the eggs stayed in the party still.

So is it possible to use the special / special2, in co-ordination with writing a byte or calling forth a variable to then either pick what the egg hatches into, or what egg hatches.
Old March 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
I've been fiddling around with special 0xC2 which apparently hatches eggs, to try and create a 'force hatching' scenario.

The special alone (in a script) seems to only work if 'egg' is the only thing in your party. Having 2 eggs in your party - only the first one will hatch. Having any pokemon in your party and a " - hatched from the Egg" message will occur, giving you the option to nickname 'egg' but having no effect.

The normal egg hatching script:

I tried using Special2 and set the store variable to 0x2 to see if it could 'select' the correct position for the egg, if it was 2/3rd in the party. However the only change this made was the egg then hatched to ??????, which then got nicknamed, but the eggs stayed in the party still.

So is it possible to use the special / special2, in co-ordination with writing a byte or calling forth a variable to then either pick what the egg hatches into, or what egg hatches.
Try decompiling the pointers to that script/the few bytes around the script and see what you find, maybe those pass the parameters to the variables...

Old March 15th, 2012, 05:01 PM
redriders180

Quote:

Well... Yeah, i admit, it isn't good for those, but you can just do an action replay that overwrites the values in RAM.

Well, you know, its fairly easy to use the naming routine (the keyboard thing). Its just calling the routine with 2 parameters plus 2 optional (optinal depending on the type of usage = player, pokemon, box, mail). R0 is type of naming/usage, and R1 is the adress in RAM where the input is gonna be stored! This is a valuable info for you. You can store the adress of the var 8000 there and it will store 10 bytes (max letters) from the initial address onward (thus ending in var 8005, if i'm correct).

But hey, don't try to put everything in just 1 input. Make 3-4 inputs depending on your needs. I doubt 2 bytes are enough to store a pokemon species using the keyboard, because the keyboard doesn't have access to 255 different symbols (ok, what i'm tryin' to explain is a bit hard, and i don't know how to explain it well).

~Sonic1
I understand completely what you mean I had planned to make the script something with a maybe 4 or 5 inputs...I wanted complete control over species, IVs, moves, item held, and possibly nickname. How do you recommend I make this work, however? Would I have to make an ASM that just puts the ram offset into R1, then call the normal nicknaming special?

This brings up something else...If I just use the nickname keyboard, the text says "[pokemon's] Nickname?". If it's not hard, I'd like to make it say something else on it, otherwise I'm sure I could live with it.

Old March 15th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Try decompiling the pointers to that script/the few bytes around the script and see what you find, maybe those pass the parameters to the variables...
Hmm the pointer to the egg script lies at 0x6d71c, the only data string that is just before that pointed to a script with the line 'fadesong 0x9AOD' which as far as I know doesn't exist - so looks like egg hatching is controlled by ASM.

Does anyone know where Egg-Step information is stored?

//

Been looking for possibly Egg-Step info, can't seem to find it anywhere o_o nobody lists it with species/etc. data, and I have looked around the areas with it to no avail (For example, I'm assuming Pikachu will have a value of '15' somewhere in it's data to signify 21 cycles for hatching. If that value was momentarily set to 0, I wonder if the egg would insta-hatch.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
redriders180

Quote:
Hmm the pointer to the egg script lies at 0x6d71c, the only data string that is just before that pointed to a script with the line 'fadesong 0x9AOD' which as far as I know doesn't exist - so looks like egg hatching is controlled by ASM.

Does anyone know where Egg-Step information is stored?

//

Been looking for possibly Egg-Step info, can't seem to find it anywhere o_o nobody lists it with species/etc. data, and I have looked around the areas with it to no avail (For example, I'm assuming Pikachu will have a value of '15' somewhere in it's data to signify 21 cycles for hatching. If that value was momentarily set to 0, I wonder if the egg would insta-hatch.
I think the egg to hatch is stored in a variable...I think it's 0x8004, but I don't know for sure. You wouldn't use special2, because that just specifies where the output goes, not what the input is. I believe the slot number of the egg is stored to 0x8004, and the egg hatch special is called.

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:27 PM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Quote:
I understand completely what you mean I had planned to make the script something with a maybe 4 or 5 inputs...I wanted complete control over species, IVs, moves, item held, and possibly nickname. How do you recommend I make this work, however? Would I have to make an ASM that just puts the ram offset into R1, then call the normal nicknaming special?
As for this, now i'm outta time, but i'll try to do something to you. Thing is, there's a routine in the rom, a powerful one, that has ENTIRE access to a pokemon's data, and can change anything about it!
List of things discovered that the routine can change (don't mind the hex numbers):
Spoiler:

0x00 - Pokémon ID
0x01 - Trainer IDs
0x02 - Nickname Max Length 1 (r6 should be the nickname's address)
0x03 - Font / Language
0x04 - Sanity
0x05 - Sanity
0x06 - Sanity
0x07 - OT Name Max Length
0x08 - Marks
0x09 - Checksum
0x0A - Filler
0x0B - Species
0x0C - Held Item
0x0D - Attack 1
0x0E - Attack 2
0x0F - Attack 3
0x10 - Attack 4
0x11 - PP 1
0x12 - PP 2
0x13 - PP 3
0x14 - PP 4
0x15 - PP Bonuses
0x16 - Coolness
0x17 - Beauty
0x18 - Cuteness
0x19 - Exp. Points
0x1A - HP EV
0x1B - Attack EV
0x1C - Defense EV
0x1D - Speed EV
0x1E - Sp. Attack EV
0x1F - Sp. Defense EV
0x20 - Happiness
0x21 - Smartness
0x22 - Pokérus Status
0x23 - Catch Location
0x24 - Catch Level
0x25 -
0x26 - Hometown / Poké Ball / Trainer Gender
0x27 - HP IV
0x28 - Attack IV
0x29 - Defense IV
0x2A - Speed IV
0x2B - Sp. Attack IV
0x2C - Sp. Defense IV
0x2D - IsEgg
0x2E - Ability Bit
0x2F - Toughness
0x30 - Sheen
0x31 - OT Gender
0x32 -
0x33 -
0x34 -
0x35 -
0x36 -
0x37 - Status Ailment
0x38 - Level
0x39 - Current HP
0x3A - Total HP
0x3B - Attack
0x3C - Defense
0x3D - Speed
0x3E - Sp. Attack
0x3F - Sp. Defense
0x43 - Hall Of Fame ribbon
0x50 - Obedience

Quote:
This brings up something else...If I just use the nickname keyboard, the text says "[pokemon's] Nickname?". If it's not hard, I'd like to make it say something else on it, otherwise I'm sure I could live with it.
Well, i explained this in the last post. Its the naming type, which is gonna through r0. But that can be easily changed, i think, so this is the least of our worries.

My main worry is how you're gonna convert the letters bytes into usable codes.

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER

My Laptop SPECS:

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Magic

Quote:

Quote:
I think the egg to hatch is stored in a variable...I think it's 0x8004, but I don't know for sure. You wouldn't use special2, because that just specifies where the output goes, not what the input is. I believe the slot number of the egg is stored to 0x8004, and the egg hatch special is called.
You are right, 0x8004 0x1 hatches an egg that is 2nd in the party, etc.

The only trouble now is identifying where the egg is. I've had a look at JPAN's Pokemon data decryption thread from years ago, in which he has a routine that can return a species, even in egg form - but that can't give a permission.

Ideally something like

Check (egg) species -> Locate species -> setvar 0x8004 to position

Especially if it's a one of pokemon, so there can't be more than one, so there is no trouble in accidentally hatching a normal pokemon instead. Anything to identify where the egg is would be a great start ><.
Old March 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
Especially if it's a one of pokemon, so there can't be more than one, so there is no trouble in accidentally hatching a normal pokemon instead. Anything to identify where the egg is would be a great start ><.
I don't know what you mean by "identify where the egg is", but every Party Pokémon is 100 bytes long, meaning you just take variable 0x8004 into a register and
Code:
ldr rd, #0x02024284
mul rm, #0x64
add rm, #0x20
add rd, rm
it, and so on.

Or maybe something like this, but with str instead of ldr: (it's far from finished)
Spoiler:
Code:
species
;select Pokemon slot (r0); zero-indexed
;return Species (r0); ROM number
	push {lr}
	bl pval
	mov r1, 0x18
	mov r2, r0
	bl mod
	mov r1, 0x5
	cmp r0, r1
	bls first
	mov r1, 0x7
	cmp r0, r1
	bls second
	mov r1, 0x8
	cmp r0, r1
	bls third
	mov r1, 0xA
	cmp r0, r1
	beq third
	mov r1, 0xB
	cmp r0, r1
	bls fourth
	mov r1, 0xD
	cmp r0, r1
	bls second
	mov r1, 0xE
	cmp r0, r1
	beq third
	mov r1, 0x10
	cmp r0, r1
	beq third
	mov r1, 0x11
	cmp r0, r1
	bls fourth
	mov r1, 0x13
	cmp r0, r1
	bls second
	mov r1, 0x14
	cmp r0, r1
	beq third
	mov r1, 0x16
	cmp r0, r1
	beq third
	mov r1, 0x17
	bls fourth	
first
	ldr r2, .PARTY
	mov r1, 0x64
	mul r0, r1
	add r2, r0
	ldr r0, [r2, 0x20]
	pop {pc}
second
	ldr r2, .PARTY
	mov r1, 0x64
	mul r0, r1
	add r2, r0
	ldr r0, [r2, 0x2C]
	pop {pc}
third
	ldr r2, .PARTY
	mov r1, 0x64
	mul r0, r1
	add r2, r0
	ldr r0, [r2, 0x38]
	pop {pc}
fourth
	ldr r2, .PARTY
	mov r1, 0x64
	mul r0, r1
	add r2, r0
	ldr r0, [r2, 0x44]
	pop {pc}
.PARTY
	= 0x20244EC

Last edited by droomph; March 15th, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 08:18 PM
redriders180

Quote:

The only trouble now is identifying where the egg is. I've had a look at JPAN's Pokemon data decryption thread from years ago, in which he has a routine that can return a species, even in egg form - but that can't give a permission.

Ideally something like

You actually don't need ASM for this one. I quote from the list of specials, courtesy of JPAN:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAN
[Special 0x]147 checks your pokemon in position referenced by 0x8004 and returns to the given variable its pokemon number. returns 0x19c if an egg.
So all you need to do is use set the variable 0x8004 to 0x0, special2 LASTRESULT 0x147, compare LASTRESULT 0x19C, if 0x1 goto @hatch, if 0x0, add 0x1 to 0x8004, and repeat. You also need to build in a failsafe for if they don't have an egg, so the script won't loop you forever.

Quote:

As for this, now i'm outta time, but i'll try to do something to you. Thing is, there's a routine in the rom, a powerful one, that has ENTIRE access to a pokemon's data, and can change anything about it!
List of things discovered that the routine can change (don't mind the hex numbers):
Spoiler:

0x00 - Pokémon ID
0x01 - Trainer IDs
0x03 - Font / Language
0x04 - Sanity
0x05 - Sanity
0x06 - Sanity
0x08 - Marks
0x09 - Checksum
0x0A - Filler
0x0B - Species
0x0C - Held Item
0x0D - Attack 1
0x0E - Attack 2
0x0F - Attack 3
0x10 - Attack 4
0x11 - PP 1
0x12 - PP 2
0x13 - PP 3
0x14 - PP 4
0x15 - PP Bonuses
0x16 - Coolness
0x17 - Beauty
0x18 - Cuteness
0x19 - Exp. Points
0x1A - HP EV
0x1B - Attack EV
0x1C - Defense EV
0x1D - Speed EV
0x1E - Sp. Attack EV
0x1F - Sp. Defense EV
0x20 - Happiness
0x21 - Smartness
0x22 - Pokérus Status
0x23 - Catch Location
0x24 - Catch Level
0x25 -
0x27 - HP IV
0x28 - Attack IV
0x29 - Defense IV
0x2A - Speed IV
0x2B - Sp. Attack IV
0x2C - Sp. Defense IV
0x2D - IsEgg
0x2E - Ability Bit
0x2F - Toughness
0x30 - Sheen
0x31 - OT Gender
0x32 -
0x33 -
0x34 -
0x35 -
0x36 -
0x37 - Status Ailment
0x38 - Level
0x39 - Current HP
0x3A - Total HP
0x3B - Attack
0x3C - Defense
0x3D - Speed
0x3E - Sp. Attack
0x3F - Sp. Defense
0x50 - Obedience

Well, i explained this in the last post. Its the naming type, which is gonna through r0. But that can be easily changed, i think, so this is the least of our worries.

My first problem is that the method you posted earlier is that it stores the value in only five variables, which basically means two letter per variable, and this is NOT what I want...I want one letter per variable. I'm sure I could whip up a seperation script, though. After doing this, the game applies a cipher, and applies my method of conversion, which I won't reveal right here, so I don't have someone who's playing my rom hack in the future stumble upon it, and suddenly find him or herself able to create a team of six level 100 Arceus. If you really want/need to know, feel free to PM me. And thanks for your help!

Oh yea...thanks for that routine...but after a quick glance, it seems to all be stuff I can already access.

Last edited by redriders180; March 16th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:14 AM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

Quote:
My first problem is that the method you posted earlier is that it stores the value in only five variables, which basically means two letter per variable, and this is NOT what I want...I want one letter per variable. I'm sure I could whip up a seperation script, though. After doing this, the game applies a cipher, and applies my method of conversion, which I won't reveal right here, so I don't have someone who's playing my rom hack in the future stumble upon it, and suddenly find him or herself able to create a team of six level 100 Arceus. If you really want/need to know, feel free to PM me. And thanks for your help!

Well about the method, it isn't my fault, it's how the keyboard works, and i can't do anything about it without breaking compatibility to all other things that use it (at least me, i'm sure that there are many people out there who know a lot more ASM than me).

But yeah, a separation script is totally possible, just use copybyte to copy a byte to other variable while using writebytetooffset to clear the other 8bits (1-byte) of the variable.

The cipher... Well, i'm a student of asm for about 2 years from now, and i'm willing to try to learn everything about it. I'm not asking to see your cipher specifically, but an example of one would be nice for me to learn how to deal with those things.

Quote:
Oh yea...thanks for that routine...but after a quick glance, it seems to all be stuff I can already access.
Well, if you say so... But yeah, the things i posted are the only ones that i know what it does, that routine is actually able to change everything, but i don't know what to pass as arguments to actually change everything, just those.

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER

My Laptop SPECS:

Old March 17th, 2012, 01:36 PM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

To anyone who is interested, callasm 0x09FC91 to name yourself in overworld.
FireRed Only.

~Sonic1

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER

My Laptop SPECS:

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:53 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:

Ideally something like

Well what you can do is have a series of checks that check each pokemon in the party's catch level (Which would be zero since it didn't hatch yet)that way you can tell where the egg is in the party, and if there is even one in said party.

Also isn't egg hacking based on the amount of steps the player takes. You can just add a certain amount of steps to the area where the amount of steps are stored, then start the routine for the egg check. Just my brain storming, I didn't actually try it myself, so tell me how it goes.
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:57 AM
sonic1
ASM is my life now...

After a quick research, i discovered that in R/S/E, the scripting command 0x2E, Resetvars, doesn't reset vars.
In Firered does, but in those versions it sets 8000 to the current clock hours, 8001 to minutes and 8002 to seconds. The reason FIRERED resets those vars is because it doesn't have Real Time Clock.

(mage by Xryo)

PORTUGUESE USER

My Laptop SPECS:

Old March 20th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Agastya
Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.

Nature: Quiet
As I've been doing a Fakemon hack in Emerald, the Frontier was obviously a mess. Things weren't very well documented outside of the normal structures for the Tents and regular Pokemon (which is very well documented on Bulbapedia - for brevity they will not be discussed here, go to bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_data_structures_in_Generation_III if interested), but this still left things like the Brains and wild spawns in the Pyramid/Pike up in the air. After a bit of snooping around, I've found some stuff. I really doubt this warrants its own thread, so I'll put it here.

Frontier Brain info:
Spoiler:
The Frontier Brain teams are stored in a 20 Byte data structure, as shown:
41 00 | B3 00 | 18 | 0F | 6A/00/98/98/64/00 | 09 00/07 00/08 00/32 00

1) Species
2) Item (Normal indexing instead of Frontier indexing)
3) IVs (Apply to all stats)
4) Nature
5) EVs, in the order of HP/ATK/DEF/SPEED/SATK/SDEF
6) Movepool

Shown was Salon Maiden Anabel's Alakazam. It has a Modest nature, IVs of 24, an EV investment of 106 HP/152 DEF/152 SPD/100 SATK, and a movepool of Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Disable. Its hold item is a Brightpowder.
Two things interesting to note is that Frontier Brains use normal item indexing instead of the Frontier's custom indexing, so they can hold whatever is wished for them to hold. Also, similarly to Steven's team in the Space Center event, they can have up to 255 EVs in each stat, and all EVs will be accounted for.

The teams themselves are located at the following offsets:
0x61156C, Salon Maiden Anabel
0x6115E4, Dome Ace Tucker
0x61165C, Palace Maven Spenser
0x6116D4, Arena Tycoon Greta
0x61174C, Metang, Skarmory, Aggron, Metang, Skarmory, Aggron*
0x6117C4, Pike Queen Lucy
0x61183C, Pyramid King Brandon

At each offset is six Pokemon. The first three Pokemon are used in the Silver symbol battle, and the next three Pokemon are used in the Gold symbol battle.
*This is two copies of Steven's team in the Space Center event - as Factory Head Noland uses random Pokemon from the Factory listing, he doesn't get a special team to use.

Battle Pyramid wild spawns:
Spoiler:
The format for the wild spawns is 12 bytes long:
61 01 | 23 | 02 | 56 00/D1 00/E3 00/00 00

1) Species
2) EVs, dictated by the normal Frontier EVing setup
3) ???
4) Movepool

I'm not quite sure what the ?? is, but it's 02 in every wild spawn entry.
Showcased here is a Pluslie with EV investment of HP/ATK/SDEF, and a movepool of Thunder Wave, Spark, and Encore.

As strange as it is to EV in Attack, it was most likely done to keep it from being too "bulky" as EVs in regular Frontier Pokemon are evenly distributed among each stat (in which case this is 170 in each stat, compared to 255 in both HP and SDEF)

The wild spawns themselves are located at 0x6126B0 for Level 50 and 0x612E80 for Open Level. At each offset is a master list of 160 Pokemon broken up into groups of eight, and then twenty pointers respective to which round it is pointing to. The list is virtually identical for Level 50 and Open Level, but the EVs are different in Open Level. A listing of the Pokemon in the Pyramid itself can be found at Bulbapedia, and it generally follows the order that the Pokemon are listed.

I haven't looked at the wild spawns in the Pike yet, but they probably share a similar format to the wilds in the Pyramid. Hopefully this can help out with Frontier hacking.

Last edited by Agastya; March 20th, 2012 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to include hold item
Old March 24th, 2012, 02:45 AM
knizz

Quote:

Spoiler:

0x00 - Pokémon ID
0x01 - Trainer IDs
0x03 - Font / Language
0x04 - Sanity
0x05 - Sanity
0x06 - Sanity
0x08 - Marks
0x09 - Checksum
0x0A - Filler
0x0B - Species
0x0C - Held Item
0x0D - Attack 1
0x0E - Attack 2
0x0F - Attack 3
0x10 - Attack 4
0x11 - PP 1
0x12 - PP 2
0x13 - PP 3
0x14 - PP 4
0x15 - PP Bonuses
0x16 - Coolness
0x17 - Beauty
0x18 - Cuteness
0x19 - Exp. Points
0x1A - HP EV
0x1B - Attack EV
0x1C - Defense EV
0x1D - Speed EV
0x1E - Sp. Attack EV
0x1F - Sp. Defense EV
0x20 - Happiness
0x21 - Smartness
0x22 - Pokérus Status
0x23 - Catch Location
0x24 - Catch Level
0x25 -
0x27 - HP IV
0x28 - Attack IV
0x29 - Defense IV
0x2A - Speed IV
0x2B - Sp. Attack IV
0x2C - Sp. Defense IV
0x2D - IsEgg
0x2E - Ability Bit
0x2F - Toughness
0x30 - Sheen
0x31 - OT Gender
0x32 -
0x33 -
0x34 -
0x35 -
0x36 -
0x37 - Status Ailment
0x38 - Level
0x39 - Current HP
0x3A - Total HP
0x3B - Attack
0x3C - Defense
0x3D - Speed
0x3E - Sp. Attack
0x3F - Sp. Defense
0x50 - Obedience

:O
Is this 0803FBE8?
Thanks!

Last edited by knizz; March 24th, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here