The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?
Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon. 18 50.00%
No, keep them how they are 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2012, 09:08 PM
stocko
Toast Engineer

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko

Advertise here
This looks like a good hack, I think the ideas and other concepts are sounding awesome If you need any sort of help, I can try and help out
Good luck!

Edit: I found a devimon sprite sheet with a few overworlds.
Attached Images
File Type: png 088_Devimon.png‎ (27.2 KB, 33 views) (Save to Dropbox)

I support these hacks

Last edited by stocko; March 10th, 2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old March 10th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocko View Post
This looks like a good hack, I think the ideas and other concepts are sounding awesome If you need any sort of help, I can try and help out
Good luck!

Edit: I found a devimon sprite sheet with a few overworlds.
Thank you for the encouraging words and help The Devimon sheet you found is a maybe. I've used one sprite from this sheet a few months ago for Devimon's battle sprite; however, the OWs are isometric which doesn't fit with Pokemon. With considerable editing I could make them work possibly, but I haven't made such a small detailed sprite like that yet. I have a feeling that this sprite sheet will end up being my starting point though.

If you find anything else let me know. Also if you have any ideas such as story or gameplay feel free to share. I'm open to suggestions and willing to discuss anything related to the hack.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old March 13th, 2012, 05:40 PM
HeroesAndCons

Wow, this looks amazing, I can't wait to play this!

I have a question though - when it becomes available to download, will you also make a Readme available which lists all the Digimon's Base Stats and locations?

And what do you have planned in place of Legendary Pokemon? Perhaps the Digimon Sovereigns, or maybe the Royal Knights?
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
Wow, this looks amazing, I can't wait to play this!

I have a question though - when it becomes available to download, will you also make a Readme available which lists all the Digimon's Base Stats and locations?

And what do you have planned in place of Legendary Pokemon? Perhaps the Digimon Sovereigns, or maybe the Royal Knights?
Thanks for the enthusiasm

I'll try to release as much information as I can, but I don't think I'll release the base stats. You could easily check them out in YAPE, but typing them out one by one will take a bit too much time. I might though if I get bored enough. I will definitely let you know where and how to get all the Digimon. This may or may not include moves lists, digivolution levels, TM/HM compatablilty, EV's, etc.

For legendaries so far I have Calumon and MarineAngemon. They'll be replacing mew and mewtwo. I've already tried resizing two of the sovereigns, and to my dismay I couldn't get them to resize very well, even with a large amount of editing. It will take a better spriter than me to get legendaries like them in place. As for the Royal Knights, they will be obtainable only through digivolution. The won't be catchable in the wild, but for instance you could get Gallantmon from Guilmon's digivolution line around level 60.(This isn't final of course, as I still haven't decided at which levels the champions, ultimates, or megas will digivolve at.)
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old March 14th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

Nature: Relaxed
so cool nice . ive been a fan of digimon and pokemon so much and after seeing this gets my hopes up ill be waiting for the beta version of this game and hope it will continue on improving and improving

can patamon be found in this game? and the other old digimon's or is it new ones?

or is it a mix of old and new? anyways so far its awesome ..

My Supported Hacks:
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisis View Post
so cool nice . ive been a fan of digimon and pokemon so much and after seeing this gets my hopes up ill be waiting for the beta version of this game and hope it will continue on improving and improving

can patamon be found in this game? and the other old digimon's or is it new ones?

or is it a mix of old and new? anyways so far its awesome ..
Patamon can be digivolved from the starter Digimon Punimon, given the right attack/defense ratio. This has all the digidestined digimon from the first, second, and third seasons. All of them can be obtained, and most of them come from whichever starter you pick.
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

oh cool.... thnx for the info ill be waiting for this game

go go digimon's!!!

My Supported Hacks:
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Magic

I really like the idea of the branching digivolution - great for the replay-ability factor and pretty unique among hacks.

The screens look good so far, although the mapping could maybe use some work, although I know you're focusing on the scripting/mechanics more at the moment.
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

um another question?if its ok?..... will the digimon reach mega form?? or just the 3rd form?

hmp this game makes me curious..
and also i made a banner for you but the problem is i dont know how to insert it here.. =(

My Supported Hacks:

Last edited by Nemisis; March 15th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old March 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
I really like the idea of the branching digivolution - great for the replay-ability factor and pretty unique among hacks.

The screens look good so far, although the mapping could maybe use some work, although I know you're focusing on the scripting/mechanics more at the moment.
Yeah the digivolutions will be the main focus. It adds more to the process of "catching them all" because you have to keep your eye on EVs almost all the time if you want a specific digivolution. Otherwise you can just enjoy the little bit of randomness that the casual players love.

The maps were really just so I could get a leg up on posting the hack in the first place, and to get a little bit of practice in before the real deal.

Quote:
um another question?if its ok?..... will the digimon reach mega form?? or just the 3rd form?

hmp this game makes me curious..
and also i made a banner for you but the problem is i dont know how to insert it here.. =(
All questions are welcome Most Digimon will reach Mega level. All the digidestined Digimon will (Agumon, Gabumon, Renamon, Veemon, gomamon, etc.) and A large majority of the rest will. Certain Digimon don't have known digivolutions, or only digivolve to a certain point (MarineAngemon which is a Mega that has no digivolution, All the Armor digivolutions as they only digivolve once, Calumon who is similar to MarineAngemon, so on and so forth.)

I'm glad you're interested. If you PM me the link to your banner I can post it in the OP and credit you.

Update: I'm finally making a Devimon sprite. I have the front and back finished. I'll have the side finished tonight, and maybe start on the movement frames. This is just a little sidetrack from the battle sprites, which I have been working on for a few hours today.

Last edited by Epitaph93; March 15th, 2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Update
Old March 16th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

oh thnx for the info

and oh.. cool your almost done with devimon which is one of my fave digimons ill be looking forward to see his sprite so i can give a feedback

keep improving

My Supported Hacks:
Old March 16th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Mynexus92
Beginning Trainer

Oh man I've been waiting years for a hack like this. Quite the ambitious undertaking, good luck man.
Old March 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM
HeroesAndCons

Will we be given information about what types are supereffetctive / resistant to each other in this one? I hope so, I don't want to go in blind and have to do all guesswork! =P

Still, looks amazing, I hope you are getting some help though because if it's a one man job it could take years!
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Epitaph93

Quote:
oh thnx for the info

and oh.. cool your almost done with devimon which is one of my fave digimons ill be looking forward to see his sprite so i can give a feedback

keep improving
Yeah Devimon is kinda tricky since he's a large sprite, but I'm making progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynexus92 View Post
Oh man I've been waiting years for a hack like this. Quite the ambitious undertaking, good luck man.
I was surprised no one had done anything like this yet considering how intertwined pokemon and digimon fans are. Somebody had to do it eventually right? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
Will we be given information about what types are supereffetctive / resistant to each other in this one? I hope so, I don't want to go in blind and have to do all guesswork! =P

Still, looks amazing, I hope you are getting some help though because if it's a one man job it could take years!

Yes I'll release a .txt document with each release detailing such things. I'll also post the list of weaknesses/resistances whenever I figure them all out. I might try to get a team together soon, because the base stats and moves lists are going to take a lot time. I really want to release the Digivolution beta as soon as I can, but like you said I'm only one man and this is a large undertaking.

Last edited by Epitaph93; March 16th, 2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: answered another comment
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
Yeah the digivolutions will be the main focus. It adds more to the process of "catching them all" because you have to keep your eye on EVs almost all the time if you want a specific digivolution. Otherwise you can just enjoy the little bit of randomness that the casual players love.

The maps were really just so I could get a leg up on posting the hack in the first place, and to get a little bit of practice in before the real deal.

All questions are welcome Most Digimon will reach Mega level. All the digidestined Digimon will (Agumon, Gabumon, Renamon, Veemon, gomamon, etc.) and A large majority of the rest will. Certain Digimon don't have known digivolutions, or only digivolve to a certain point (MarineAngemon which is a Mega that has no digivolution, All the Armor digivolutions as they only digivolve once, Calumon who is similar to MarineAngemon, so on and so forth.)

I'm glad you're interested. If you PM me the link to your banner I can post it in the OP and credit you.

Update: I'm finally making a Devimon sprite. I have the front and back finished. I'll have the side finished tonight, and maybe start on the movement frames. This is just a little sidetrack from the battle sprites, which I have been working on for a few hours today.
oh ok ill be looking forward for the sprite of devimon good luck

My Supported Hacks:
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Tanveer
Beginning Trainer

A digmon game out of a pokemon hack!? WOW! Really awsome! Keep up

Old March 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

um hello hadn't heard from this game about a week now um are you kind of busy ?

hope that i can see improvements soon

My Supported Hacks:
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:21 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
um hello hadn't heard from this game about a week now um are you kind of busy ?

hope that i can see improvements soon
I've enlisted help from stocko, so he and I are spriting and scripting. We still have yet to get to the stat editing. I'm trying to add improvements to the DNA Digivolution script via ASM, while stocko has taken care of about ten sprites(I think). We are working on it, we just haven't had too much to post about. I could stop working on the DNA Digivolution script and begin the stat/moveset editing, but I'm very intrigued by the script so I want to see it through to the end.

Meanwhile please be patient. I'm sure a few of you are eager to see what's been accomplished so far, but we still have a long road ahead before a release. Hang in there
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:13 AM
MrElephant
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
Hey Eiptaph93 I just wanted to give you a link to a good website with a lot of moves. Insead of listing all of the moves out like I usually do, why dont you try the link out and pick out the moves you like.
Here is the link
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Digimon_World_2/Attacks
(I know that wiki is not a reliable source of information, but I think in this case it is by judging all of the moves)
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
mikeyh
Beginning Trainer

I am very impressed by the potential of this hack. It sounds pretty amazing. I am currently producing my own hack I know first hand how stressful it can be. This is definitely going to be an amazing hack. If you need any help let me know, would love to help this hack stay as smooth as possible.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
Hey Eiptaph93 I just wanted to give you a link to a good website with a lot of moves. Insead of listing all of the moves out like I usually do, why dont you try the link out and pick out the moves you like.
Here is the link
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Digimon_World_2/Attacks
(I know that wiki is not a reliable source of information, but I think in this case it is by judging all of the moves)
Thanks MrElephant. I wasn't aware there was a strategy wiki for that game. It's actually one of my favorite games to play on psp. Contrary to what people might say, be it teachers or peers, wiki's are great places to pick up general information.

This, plus your previous posts, and WTW will probably be all the moves needed for the hack. Congratulations, you've sped up the hack lol. I'll sort them into a list tonight and post them in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyh View Post
I am very impressed by the potential of this hack. It sounds pretty amazing. I am currently producing my own hack I know first hand how stressful it can be. This is definitely going to be an amazing hack. If you need any help let me know, would love to help this hack stay as smooth as possible.
Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm really giving it my all to make this as good as possible for everyone out there. Keep an eye on the project
Old March 24th, 2012, 04:06 PM
ali haider
Beginning Trainer

how can i download this game plzzzz help me..............!!!!! i want to play this game.....!!!!!!
Old March 24th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali haider View Post
how can i download this game plzzzz help me..............!!!!! i want to play this game.....!!!!!!
There isn't a download because I haven't released it yet. If you read the full post, and any of the latest comments you would realize this.

Update: The planned moves list is as follows with more to come in the next couple of weeks. Some of these are a little redundant(claw attack, talon attack) so keep in mind that the names aren't final, just in the general vicinity of what they will be called. Some have already been changed, like cobwebs and peck, but most haven't.

Peck
Spiral Twister
Stun Bubble
Electroshocker
Horn buster
Boom Bubble
Heat top
Harpoon torpedo
Evil Whisper
Demi Dart
Flame bomber
Horn Tusk
Vulcans Hammer
Fossil bite
Ancient bite
Horn Blaster
Claw attack
Pepper Breath
Meteor wing
Nova Blast
Dark Shot
Thunder blaster
Carapace
Rock Ball
Rock Punch
Poison Wing
Scissor Claw
Ninja Blade
Shogun Sword
Howling Blaster
Slam Attack
Blue blaster
Horn Attack
Garuru Kick
Wolf Claw
Talon Attack
Super Shocker
Evil wind
Darkness Water
Pulse blast
Angel rod
Fist of Fate
Poison Ivy
Needle Spray
Mega Dash
Twin Fang
Tusk Crusher
Metal Fireball
Flame Chain
Puncher
Power drive
Metallic Fur
Bone Stick
Crazy Crusher
Rock Fist
Marching Fishes
Cobwebs
Poison Thread
Solar Ray

Last edited by Epitaph93; March 24th, 2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: update
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post

Update: The planned moves list is as follows with more to come in the next couple of weeks. Some of these are a little redundant(claw attack, talon attack) so keep in mind that the names aren't final, just in the general vicinity of what they will be called. Some have already been changed, like cobwebs and peck, but most haven't.

Peck
Spiral Twister
Stun Bubble
Electroshocker
Horn buster
Boom Bubble
Heat top
Harpoon torpedo
Evil Whisper
Demi Dart
Flame bomber
Horn Tusk
Vulcans Hammer
Fossil bite
Ancient bite
Horn Blaster
Claw attack
Pepper Breath
Meteor wing
Nova Blast
Dark Shot
Thunder blaster
Carapace
Rock Ball
Rock Punch
Poison Wing
Scissor Claw
Ninja Blade
Shogun Sword
Howling Blaster
Slam Attack
Blue blaster
Horn Attack
Garuru Kick
Wolf Claw
Talon Attack
Super Shocker
Evil wind
Darkness Water
Pulse blast
Angel rod
Fist of Fate
Poison Ivy
Needle Spray
Mega Dash
Twin Fang
Tusk Crusher
Metal Fireball
Flame Chain
Puncher
Power drive
Metallic Fur
Bone Stick
Crazy Crusher
Rock Fist
Marching Fishes
Cobwebs
Poison Thread
Solar Ray
been out for a while and wow as i come back cool....... you've been working on moves.. nice the moves are cool and there names are awesome .... with just the name i think my favorite would be FIST OF FATE hehehehehe.. good luck Ephitaph93 and keep it up and nice job ..

My Supported Hacks:
Old March 25th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Fam.. The SilverWing
Last Exile

Nature: Modest
WOW..!!!!! a digimon hack so far so good i like it keep up the good work
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here