The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
123agumon
Sir Spoonerism

Advertise here
It would have to be:

3) The Pokemon Mansion
2) Silph Co.
1) Seafoam Islands

I have terrible, terrible memories of trying to get to Articuno, even with a guide. (Fail)

Last edited by 123agumon; March 5th, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old March 7th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Chartreusk
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Honestly, the storage system and how it worked was very annoying to me. It's so much more convenient nowadays.

Platinum Friend Code:
3654 3223 8903

HeartGold Friend Code:
4727 8288 8322
Old March 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Mikez
Beginning Trainer

Getting into a fight with 1 pokemon left, winning that fight but your poisoned and your advancing to the next town, a pokemon center in sight and your last pokemon faints and you go all the way back to the last town.
Old March 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Definitely Silph Co. I somehow felt obligated to fight every Team Rocket member there, so I would quite literally wander around for hours just to confirm that I did.
Old March 11th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Gonshiro
Zeon Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chartreusk View Post
Honestly, the storage system and how it worked was very annoying to me. It's so much more convenient nowadays.
^This exactly. I don't want to use Stadium 2 to re-arrange all my boxes, darn it! Move box, save, deposit, move box, save, withdraw, move box, etc...
Old March 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM
jbthedelirious
Beginning Trainer

Mt. Moon, Seafoam Islands, The Safari Zone and The Unknown Dungeon. Seriously, I've played RBY dozens of times and I still manage to get lost. Naturally, I'm always all, "I've played through this game so many times, I won't get lost. I don't need to look at the guide", and then twenty minutes later, "I'm lost forever!"
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:05 AM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
The PC due to it being a pain to use. I wasn't use to it anymore after I played the newer games. Rock Tunnel comes second.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old March 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
yevon15
Beginning Trainer

Rock Tunnel. Basically because the first time I played I didn't know about the flash HM and I had to go through it without seeing a thing lol
Old March 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Veteran, Oracle, Harbinger

Nature: Quiet
Rock Tunnel, the Storage System, and particularly Fuschia City's Gym for me. Particularly the Gym though due to how underleveled I was at the time not to mention I was going through Antidotes faster than a fat man goes through toilet paper after 10 bowls of chili.

Hmph, have you begun to understand pain?
Old March 25th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

The unstableness of the game. Shutting off while it's saving tends to lead to some really weird things. By accident, obviously. (Okay, the first time) It's annoying how it can be so unstable, but it's better than crashing.

Wait, I have to choose something from the game? Storage Boxes. Hate them.
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Luumy
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Naughty
I think everyone agrees upon Rock Tunnel.Besides that, I'd say the only thing I think the game could have improved on was the general flow. There are many moments where the player has to guess where to go and what to do, and many times younger children get stuck (This is why I think most non-veterans refuse to play these games). A prime example would be the guards posted around Saffron City. The soda machines? Really? Come on, guys.
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:14 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
The part with Sliph. Co. The teleporting floor tiles was really annoying and all the battles were overwhelming.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Silph Co. is really annoying but eventually I got the hang of it and for the most part I know how to get to Gary after I battle Team Rocket; ALL OF THEM!

In Yellow particularly Pikachu not being able to evolve, that really annoyed me.

Then legendaries were really annoying by destroying my team.
Old April 6th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Rock Tunnel because I was too lazy to get Flash, and Silph Co because who honestly enjoyed the Team Rocket interventions? :c

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:52 PM
crowdsourceinspiration
Beginning Trainer

Pretty much any cave with Zubats (...all caves.).
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:13 PM
BungiePhantom
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Bind, wrap, they pissed me off. In pokemon stadium lance would honestly beat me just because his dragonite would spam wrap until I was done.
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Theta Rex
Euclid

Nature: Quiet
I remember being far too lazy to bother catching enough Pokemon to score that Flash TM, so every time I went through Rock Tunnel, I walked the entire thing in the pitch black, walking into walls and wild pokemon every step of the way. Didn't help that the first five or six runthroughs were done on a GBC.
Old April 18th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Rummy0
Beginning Trainer

1. The Pokémon Mansion. x_x
  2. Constantly bumping into Zubats in caves.
  3. Wrap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Rex View Post
so every time I went through Rock Tunnel, I walked the entire thing in the pitch black
Ahahaa I did that first time playing, I didn't know about Flash until someone told me after, after many attempts (sometimes going back through the entrance) I managed to get out of the tunnel. <3
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
wonjoon0330
I Quit!

The thing that really annoyed me in the first generation games was Mt. Moon and the part where you had to battle bunch of trainers to see Bill, and a Victory Road, always pain in a butt. /:
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:14 AM
PurpleHCross
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Mansion because every single step has a chance of having wild Pokemon.

Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
OMG I HATED WRAP AND BIND! I'd completely forgotten they'd existed until reading this thread and now I'm filled with rage at their mere mention. Rock Tunnel and Silph Co and all those tunnels were fine for me, because I had a strategy guide, but if some evil critter decides to Wrap your Pokemon, there's no way you're getting out of that mofo! Grr...
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
alehizzle
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
At Pokemon Yellow, it used to be the Rock Tunnel. You know, the tunnel that connects to Route 10 to Lavender Town. Because my Pikachu used to be like...really high leveled while my other pokemon were sitting in the 10s? And there were hikers EVERYWHERE and each of them had at least eaither a geodude or an onix. And those geodude ALWYAS used Selfdestruct; which always OHKO'd my Pikachu...so I had to come back and forth out of the Rock Tunnel, healing my pokemon. Also, I didn't like how it was dark and you needed flash; that part was also annoying. :l
I never received Flash, so imagine my torment of making it through Rock Tunnel in the dark. :v

So, to answer the original question:
- Mt. Moon was horrible because the constant Zubats.
- Rock Tunnel was horrible because I never got Flash.
- Fuschia City gym was horrible because there's a very steep level curve between his gym and the rest of the world. None of my Pokemon had even hit 40 yet and he had a level 50 Venomoth. D:

Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:34 PM
MarioManH
~Ruby is Omega~
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Anyone find how your bag worked annoying?

3DS FC -
0361-6894-4238
My name for my 3DS is CookieS. and my Y name is Hunter, just so you know who to trade with!

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Silph Co. - And Sabrina's gym for that matter. The moving and teleporting titles got annoying and confusing.

Fuchsia Gym- The invisible walls always threw me making me spend a long time to get to Koga. And in Yellow where is Pokemon are overleveled compared to Erica's who had levle 30 Pokemon. Then Koga has Pokemon 48-50? Completely unfair.

The music in Lavender Town in general annoyed me, I hated going through there.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:50 PM
alehizzle
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioManH View Post
Anyone find how your bag worked annoying?
omg yes

I hate the bag so much, it's not even funny. Stupid item limit.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here