• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

LeafGreen hack: A Grand Day Out

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
A GRAND DAY OUT

Introduction

Do you like Team Rocket? Do you like crazy? Then you can be reasonably sure you'll enjoy this, my second mini-hack and the only hack I've ever made that doesn't have the word 'Version' in the title. Marvel as a young child is thrown out of his or her house! Wonder as Team Rocket attempt to blow up Route 1! Puzzle at Giovanni's unusual behaviour! All this and very little else except a Cubone!

Information and Story

I call this a mini-hack because it consists of just an hour or two of gameplay. Originally, it was made for the Speedhacking contest at the last Pokécommunity Get-Together, but I never actually posted it here, and I figured that since I won't be releasing anything new for quite a while, I might as well share it. It follows a young Trainer through one day in his or her life - and it isn't an easy one. In the morning, they're almost blown up, and by lunchtime, he or she does is trying to figure out why Team Rocket keep trying to blow up roads, forests and mountains - with the help of Giovanni, of all people. I'd give more details, but if I did that I'd give away the entire plot, since it's really quite short.

Features

Play as a Pokémon Trainer! Dress up as a Team Rocket member for a brief time! Catch a Cubone! Sorry, but there aren't actually any radically new features here. This is just the video game equivalent of an amusing short story; designed for immediate consumption and subsequent throwing away. Treat it as candy. It's fun (I hope), but ultimately there's no substance, and it may well rot your teeth. Although if you play A Grand Day Out and your teeth do rot, I will deny all knowledge of it and accept no responsibility.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Bugs

None, as far as I know. Which is great.

Completion status

100% complete. Like I said, this is a mere vignette. I won't be doing anything else to it.

Credits

All those who created tools that I used. Otherwise, it's all me, for I work alone, like a tiger or a wounded Allosaurus.

Download

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I really enjoyed this short hack. Humourous and worth playing all the way through.
Just wondering How long did it take you to make this???

Years
  • Seen today
Hmm...This is interesting...Just like your hacking style...Anyway,well done,Cutlerine!

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I might as well make a walkthrough for this on youtube ill post a link when i at least get a the first episode up

voltachu

in training pokemon hacker
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
Awesome mini-hack, I love your Gurren Lagann references! :P

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
I forgot how much i loved your writing. You actually make the pokemon universe a bit fun. Snakewood was a bit to dark for my taste ((and for me that's saying a lot)) but this game is perfect. I can't help but wish it were longer. Btw I love The Killers, nice reference.

15 hours for a hack, that's pretty amazing. Is a chapter 2 where you have to stop gary out of the question? I'm frankly more scared of him than i was of team rocket.

...Poor professor...

Last edited:
Years
After the fade to black screen I found out I can still move so I went downstairs and went all the way back to mt. moon just to find the same scenario play all over again, darn

It was a great short hack though I definitely had some laughs

Cutlerine

Years
I really enjoyed this short hack. Humourous and worth playing all the way through.
Just wondering How long did it take you to make this???

I did it in bits over a period of three days. I think I say somewhere in the hack that it was about fifteen to twenty hours overall.

Hmm...This is interesting...Just like your hacking style...Anyway,well done,Cutlerine!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

I might as well make a walkthrough for this on youtube ill post a link when i at least get a the first episode up

If you like.

Awesome mini-hack, I love your Gurren Lagann references! :P

Ah, references. At the moment, I've got this habit of quoting Macbeth and Hamlet reflexively whenever I can make a line fit. This whole reference thing is starting to get out of hand...

I forgot how much i loved your writing. You actually make the pokemon universe a bit fun. Snakewood was a bit to dark for my taste ((and for me that's saying a lot)) but this game is perfect. I can't help but wish it were longer. Btw I love The Killers, nice reference.

15 hours for a hack, that's pretty amazing. Is a chapter 2 where you have to stop gary out of the question? I'm frankly more scared of him than i was of team rocket.

...Poor professor...

Hm. I do have another mini-hack in the works, but it's got nothing to do with this one. But I do like the idea of revisiting Gary. Originally, he was just there to

After the fade to black screen I found out I can still move so I went downstairs and went all the way back to mt. moon just to find the same scenario play all over again, darn

It was a great short hack though I definitely had some laughs

Yeah, I know you can do that. I should probably stop it.

yes i love crazy. but hate team rocket. Nice mini hack. good job

I'm not their biggest fans, but everyone knows who Team Rocket is and so does everyone in-game, which removes the need for any sort of set-up. They also had a conveniently nearby leader in the form of Giovanni and their own sprites already in-game. So you can see why, in a limited amount of time, they were the best choice for the little story I had planned.

A wonderful little game to play in your free time. Worth a look-see.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was aiming for, so it's really good to hear that I'm managing to hit the mark.

F.A.B.

Years
dude i love this hack just like your other ones man great job took me awhile like an hour at the most to level my cubone to evolve to marawak (spelling not sure lol) and @ the post above just go to the grass above viridian city and just fight wild pokes then go back in the cave when your cubone has learned bonemerang or which ever ground move it is and keep going like that

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
dude i love this hack just like your other ones man great job took me awhile like an hour at the most to level my cubone to evolve to marawak (spelling not sure lol) and @ the post above just go to the grass above viridian city and just fight wild pokes then go back in the cave when your cubone has learned bonemerang or which ever ground move it is and keep going like that
Thanks! I'll try that and see if it works. if it doesn't then I am SO giving up. But thanks for the advice! i really needed it. i was ready to EXPLODE with frustration.

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
I'm having a great time playing this hack.

I'm fascinated with the difficulty level. It's not easy, but it's not that hard... altough I hate to use the word "perfect", the difficulty level of trainers is just perfect.

The story is short and loveable.
Your style of writting is so witty that just makes me smile.

Really enjoying it. And this just makes me want to find out every other hack you've ever made.

.Ángel~

Sombrero de Paja
Years
Mmm ...
I never saw a hack on green leaf, this is the first. And I'm glad. ^ ^
I like the hack itself, I hope you do not leave.
Luck!

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2021
First of all: Great Hack!
It was really, really funny and I love your humour and writing style!
I was a bit sad at the end, because it was so short , but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

However I found some small bugs, nothing serious nor game-breaking.

Spoiler:

Years
I've been playing it for an hour and so far it has been wonderful, the difficulty is perfect, the writting style, the story. I am doing a LP of this hack, hope it's fin with you.
Great job man!

Cutlerine

Years
I've been playing it for an hour and so far it has been wonderful, the difficulty is perfect, the writting style, the story. I am doing a LP of this hack, hope it's fin with you.
Great job man!

Sure, make an LP if you like. Glad you enjoyed it!

First of all: Great Hack!
It was really, really funny and I love your humour and writing style!
I was a bit sad at the end, because it was so short , but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

However I found some small bugs, nothing serious nor game-breaking.

Spoiler:

Thanks for that. I'll fix everything but the guy who keeps getting his Pokémon KO'd; he's meant to be like that. Because he really is just the worst Trainer ever.

Mmm ...
I never saw a hack on green leaf, this is the first. And I'm glad. ^ ^
I like the hack itself, I hope you do not leave.
Luck!

Thanks! I actually always hack Leaf Green rather than Fire Red. I have no idea why.

I'm having a great time playing this hack.

I'm fascinated with the difficulty level. It's not easy, but it's not that hard... altough I hate to use the word "perfect", the difficulty level of trainers is just perfect.

The story is short and loveable.
Your style of writting is so witty that just makes me smile.

Really enjoying it. And this just makes me want to find out every other hack you've ever made.

Thanks so much! I did my best to balance the difficulty; the hardest part for me is always Rocket Bomb Squad Lily and her Koffing. Mind you, they're only hard because I refuse to use any Pokémon other than the starting Cubone.

Another complete hack? This is a very good year so far! Nice work!

Thanks. If I could get the first beta of Keratin done by December, it'd be an even better year. Here's hoping, eh?

Glad you enjoyed it.

Well, it seems this has brightened a few people's days, which is what I hoped for. Thanks for playing, and I may post a bugfix at some point over the next few days.

F.A.B.

Back